URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7676
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Episode 12, Vidcaps"

Posted by Flowerpower on 04-28-11 at 06:22 AM
Place all relevant video captures for episode 12 here.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Preview Vidcaps"
Posted by Flowerpower on 04-28-11 at 06:34 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-11 AT 07:06 PM (EST)

Episode 12, thanks so much Survivor Fever....

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor, for 36 days the Ometepe Six have dominated the game. But now they are forced to turn on each other.

Rob : One of us has to go to Redemption Island. That's a fact.

Probst: And a massive challenge leaves everyone depleted.

Rob: 32 days of hard work, gone just like that.

Ralph and Steve Arrive at Redemption Island:

Ralph: I see daylight ahead now. If one of us Zapatera guys gets into the top three, we'll be winning it. I want to be that guy.

Ralph : I bet you Steve's lost 40 pounds.

Mike: 40 pounds.

Ralph: He's pitiful.

Steve: Hey, you guys got room for one more?

Matt: Steve!

Mike: Steve!

Things I notice....lots of tears...

Got to have the sprint phone and the Family visit....?

And, what is Grant carrying in his right hand here...

With the talk of Andrea last night, I couldn't help but to feel like she would thwart the target this week...I don't know if I could say she wins the IN yet, but, just a feeling.

It doesn't appear that Rob wins it?

Shots of suspicious Ashley pics?

"Sprint Phone"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 04-28-11 at 06:48 AM

Note Rob's hand, in left side of frame.

"Challenge"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 04-28-11 at 07:02 AM
The structure has three different sections with missing treads. The top of the structure possibly features the time-tested 'raise your flag' to determine winner element (see ropes behind Rob in CU shot.) Bottom section not visible in the approach shot, but visible in the shot featuring the treads stacked against poles.

The treads in Grant's section of the stairs are visible here

Ashley is either after the first set of treads or the second, since she is catching her breath at a landing.

Andrea appears to be close the top of the structure, as the paint strip stops right above her.

In this shot, we can see Rob, presumably at the top of the structure (note the ropes in the background) in an ironic camera framing. I just love this shot.

Random challenge related shot:

"RE: Challenge"
Posted by byoffer on 04-28-11 at 08:46 AM
If it is carrying treads up the steps to complete the stairs and raise the flag, as it seems to be, then I would have a hard time not betting on Grant to win. That would explain why he is the one carrying the Sprint Phone box.

My guess is the pictures of the girls crying is when they each get a teaser video from home before the challenge.

All that said, I must say that with the show being in Nicaragua this season (i.e. relatively close to the US), I would have expected actual visits from home this season. Last season the family visits were with 6 people left.

Posted by Flowerpower on 04-28-11 at 09:12 AM
Wow, thanks so much, VG, these pictures are GREAT! So, we do see Grant holding the sprint phone! And, as you pointed out, it looks as though they go back to Murlonio and use the phone. Rob is holding it for Natalie. They are watching the videos all together. This is what I love about Rob's tribes. In the end they are a very cohesive unit. They've really seemed to bond more together, with outlasting the Zaps.

Rob appears to be handling this transition time well, noting to them, that one of them will indeed be going to RI. I seem to recall in All Stars that he had a very cohesive group in the end as well. Rupert and Jenna both voted for Rob, I think.

This is going to be a very emotional episode, and we all know how Jiffy loves the love. I would be thrilled to see Amber come...I'll bet that she does come....she's not so pregnant that she can't travel, and it's not that long of a plane ride from Florida...food for thought...

Do we think there will be a reward challenge and an IC? We see Grant with the phone, does that mean that HE wins the very physical challenge? I would think that the physical challenge would indeed favor the guys, especially Grant, but Rob is a hustler, and we see him at the top...in an exhausted kind of shot? Does he win? Obviously there is going to be alot of climbing up and down the stairs with planks to lay....As VG noted there appears to be at least 3 sets of treads to place...

Appears that Grant will be in yellow, on the far right, next to him in Blue is Rob. Black?, then Green is Ashley, and Orange is Andrea. So Black/Purple will be Phillip and Natalie in some order...

Phillip is next to the IN here...could he be purple, next to the IN, and this frame is flipped?

Also, look at the bump in the back of Ashley's buff...what's that? Judging by the sand on black and blues stairs, I'd say that they are both ahead of Ashley at this point. (Black=Natalie, Blue=Rob) Ashley is standing at the platform at the base of the structure here, catching her breath...

FWIW...

...I think that Grant is lower on the structure here. While I know that the camera angle is shot from above him, you can see the base of the tree to his right, you can see that it widens at the base, which is clear in this photo. There is also another tree coming off to the right of the first tree. So, it is taken more closely to the ground, at this time.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-28-11 at 09:28 AM
We see Grant with the phone, does that mean that HE wins the very physical challenge?

FloPo, that's what I was thinking at first...but he's not wearing the immunity necklace when he's carrying the Sprint package...actually, none of them are wearing it when they're walking along in that shot. So would they have photoshopped it? Or does that mean that the videos are separate from the IC? Also, no mention of Family Visit -- they probably wouldn't do both videos and visit in the same week? If no visit this week, that means Andrea survives this week....IF the Hildy/Andrea makes the Family Visit spoiler is correct.

Re challenge: Gotta think that Grant is the favorite to win this! Although it's interesting that Natalie is the only one who is not shown in any of the challenge caps....a dancer type could do well with stairs too.

I think this is the order for the challenge, from L to R:
Yellow = Grant
Blue = Rob
Black = Natalie? (Or Phillip)
Green = Ashley
Orange = Andrea
Purple = Phillip? (Or Natalie)

Posted by parathor on 04-28-11 at 09:53 AM
Great pics!

Since they're carrying the phone, and no one is wearing a necklace, then I'd guess that the phone is the "appetizer" (that arrives with the treemail) before the challenge, to give them incentive to do well. (that would also explain why Rob is holding it and not Jeff - it's at camp, and Rob is the leader)

I'd guess that the family visit is this week. And I'd go further to say that Andrea probably wins the actual family-visit (either as a tag-along from the actual winner, or the actual winner herself) based on the family-visit spoiler.

(which, itself, could be only that "Andrea's family member went there, but didn't get to see her, because she didn't win")

Because, really... how can Grant NOT win that challenge? He's stronger upper-body-wise, can carry more planks at once (if needed/allowed), he's got the leg muscles, and he's probably run the stairs at a stadium 100x...

Andrea has to go home this week if she doesn't win immunity.

Posted by Flowerpower on 04-28-11 at 01:10 PM
Parathor, could you please post what the family visit spoiler is that you are basing your thoughts that she wins it on....or a link to it, so we can debate, agree, disagree. Thanks!

Posted by parathor on 04-28-11 at 01:52 PM
Oops, sorry, it's the "Andrea makes family visit" thread by "Hildy" on some other random board. I guess it could be fake ("I have family that know Andrea's family, and her father goes on the family visit, so Andrea makes it that far."), but when taken with the rest of the stuff we're seeing for this episode and last episode, it almost seems credible.

Posted by dabo on 04-28-11 at 02:10 PM
The chances for the family visit spoiler being bad are minimal unless someone screwed with hildy, a lurker first time poster, which makes no sense.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-28-11 at 03:51 PM
FP, the thread is on Sucks.

http://survivorsucks.com/topic/78771/Andrea-makes-family-visit?page=1

All the person said is

I have family that know Andrea's family, and her father goes on the family visit, so Andrea makes it that far.

and then never posted in the thread again. So if it's legitimate and what it means are dubious. Maybe someone found out he filmed a video to be sent over, and that eventually got turned into that he went over there himself.

Posted by Flowerpower on 04-28-11 at 07:14 PM
Thanks Brownroach and Parathor. I had seen that a long time ago, but by the way Parathor sounded, I was thinking there was more to it...something more added. Yes, at this point, with Andrea still there, I think this spoiler has come to fruition. Even if Andrea were to be voted out in the TC the night before, chances are that her family member was flown down ready to go....so, at this point in the game, the spoiler is fulfilled, don't you think?

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-28-11 at 10:28 PM
So turns out Hildy was correct on Andrea making the Family visit -- woo hoo! The new web promo is up and you can see her dad.

Now this makes me wonder if it's Andrea's eppy to go? Thought for sure she'd be staying at least until next episode but now we'll have to reconsider.

Posted by KObrien_fan on 04-28-11 at 10:29 AM
The bump under Ashleys buff is her microphone pack.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

Posted by Flowerpower on 04-28-11 at 02:16 PM
Thanks, KO! I wasn't aware that they wore them...lol.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-28-11 at 09:36 AM

VG, I agree, this shot is just too ironic/perfect -- the puppet master in despair!

Just wondering, though, if we should totally rule Rob based on this shot? Could it be misdirection and could he just be exhausted?

So we're thinking the strings/ropes mean you have to do something to raise a flag at the end? Hope the next promo gives us more challenge shots.

Posted by byoffer on 04-28-11 at 10:14 AM
Note Rob's knee in the picture, so he is sitting. I think if Rob had just won the challenge he would have an adrenal rush and would be standing to celebrate. This is not a celebratory look on Rob's face, IMO.

Posted by parathor on 04-28-11 at 10:29 AM
With his arms up in the air, though, it almost seems like Rob's at least in it at the very end. Otherwise, he'd (presumably) be facing downwards on hands/knees, further down the stairs, unable to climb to the top after exhausting himself (and it looks like he IS at the top there, with the flag strings & pole)

I don't think he'd be able to beat Grant, but it sure looks like he has finished building the steps here.

Posted by dabo on 04-29-11 at 01:38 AM
It is an exhausting challenge; I think they all would sit after it has been won, even the winner. If Rob doesn't win he's a close second.

Posted by VolcanicGlass on 04-28-11 at 01:03 PM
This long shot of the challenge structure shows what look to be the "raise your flag" poles at the top.

Posted by Flowerpower on 04-28-11 at 01:15 PM
Squid...you must have missed what VG wrote....

The structure has three different sections with missing treads. The top of the structure possibly features the time-tested 'raise your flag' to determine winner element (see ropes behind Rob in CU shot.)

Yes, there is a raise the flag apparatus at the top of the challenge. I agree that this picture of Rob at the end could be misleading. As we see him sitting at the top in total exhaustion, he could have possibly won it, and has to collapse before he can celebrate....(Still looks like anguish to me though....)

His confessional regarding the making it all the way to 32 days to have it all end, or something to that effect, could be misleading as well.

But, I agree, to me this looks like it should be Grant's to win.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-28-11 at 02:53 PM
Rob's reaction could be because he was so close to winning but got edged out at the end.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-28-11 at 03:14 PM
That's the vibe I'm getting too. And Jeff mentioned in his blog that it's a "kick-a" challenge with a dramatic finish, so that would fit.

Don't see how this challenge is fair for the women, though.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 04-28-11 at 08:34 PM
Squid, I think if we look at all the post-merge challenges over the years, they are not designed to be fair to all. That's exactly why weaker people who want to have a shot at winning need to vote challenge ho's like Grant out at the first opportunity.

Then typically the very last challenge is not very fair to a strong man. That's the only one that Terry Deitz lost, for example.

It is with the RI challenges that they've balanced them not to favor strength, which is odd because RI was a blatant effort to help the strong players who get voted out post-merge, like Mike, to stay in the game. I am wondering if that will change and they will make a really tough challenge or two before the end.

Posted by Blind Freddy on 04-28-11 at 10:37 AM
Thanks VG for the caps.

So order of events seems to be....

- Treemail(spec) brings the Sprint phone
- Cast watches video teasers from all the cast families (Nat/Ashley shown watching/crying)
- Rob holds Sprint phone doling out the fam love, so that he gets brownie points.
- Tribe walks to RC/IC(IN shown in Phillip pic) w/Grant holding phone(no brownie points there)
- Tribes compete at RC/IC
- Stairs chal exhausts cast
- Rob shown on top platform exhausted by flagpole, Andrea shown just below top platform exhausted, Grant shown at lower level, Ashley shown exhausted at lower(?) level.
- Winner gets Immunity and possible extended Family video...or...actual visit with Family. Possible come-withs also get FV, or winner gets no FV in exchange for others getting a FV {as per previous itinerations of the FV)...

My spec on chal flow...
In order for the cast to be that exhausted, they are going to have to climb the stairs multiple times. I'm guessing that they can only carry ONE tread at any given time(thus the multiple trips). There are 3 base station poles w/treads leaning against them at the bottom. There are 3 sections of missing treads...each section w/6 missing treads = total of 18 missing treads. In previous version of missing tread-type chals, the treads have a puzzle aspect where each tread only fits one set of pegs and thus one correct location. This will produce many many trips up and down the stairs.

The early treads will go fairly quick, but as they get higher and higher it will become much slower and more difficult.

Grant would seem to have an advantage from prior training in Football climbing stadium steps and he's in the best shape right now...but that's just spec.

Your thoughts?

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-28-11 at 12:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-11 AT 12:45 PM (EST)

Freddy, I agree with your challenge spec. It does appear that they have to make multiple trips up and down, which would add to the exhaustion. (Looks like the planks are stacked up by the 3 poles/stations at the bottom.) If there is a puzzle at the very end, that would help equalize things between Rob and Grant and would add to the "dramatic finish" that Jeff teases about in his video blog. I do think Rob looks like he's collapsing in exhaustion/defeat at the very top.

I am still unclear about the timing of the family videos and the Ome 6 marching along the beach. None of them are wearing an immunity necklace in that shot where Grant is holding the Sprint package, so I don't think they're going to/from IC unless something was photoshopped out. Could they be going to/from RI to watch this week's quadruel? Will the RI players get home videos too?

If you compare, Natalie's hair is different in the shelter shot (where Rob's telling them someone has to go to RI) vs. the Sprint video watching shot vs. the marching along the beach shot (3 different hairstyles)....so I think these are 3 separate times.

Re general timing: Will have to watch the clip to be sure, but it looks like it's raining in the shelter shot...vs. some of the sunnier shots.

Posted by VolcanicGlass on 04-28-11 at 01:01 PM
BF and Squid - I was trying to work on the timing of the Sprint phone events as well. I made a post about it at MeSS earlier, which covers essentially the same points Squid made.

Camp

Walk (to/from RI?)

Challenge

Difference in clothes / hair

I am puzzled by the Phillip cap. Because of the perspective, it almost looks as if the IN is situated at the top of the structure.

It is indeed raining when they are huddled in the shelter.

Posted by Flowerpower on 04-28-11 at 01:33 PM
Great thoughts Blind Freddy, Squid, and VG! So, more than likely they get the phone in tree mail, and perhaps are instructed to share with the ones on RI. Most likely we see Grant carrying it on the way to the quad-ruel. This will be a fun episode....

Posted by VolcanicGlass on 04-28-11 at 04:10 PM
Something in the Press Release may indicate what happens: "Tree mail leaves one tribe member with a tough emotional decision."

"Full Promo"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 04-28-11 at 10:03 PM
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=yj9Myl0oZXOxe2wrsyWMBOf52B7Ub5bc

"RE: Full Promo"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-28-11 at 10:11 PM
Yay...family visit! And Phillip says he's just been pretending all along as strategy - ha! This is gonna be good -- thanks VG.

Posted by Travel_Queen on 04-28-11 at 10:19 PM
Would someone be kind enough to put up a transcript for those of us in Canada that CBS won't allow to watch current videos, but will let us see videos from last season...huh?

Thanks.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-28-11 at 10:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-11 AT 10:45 PM (EST)

TQ, here's a very rough transcript to give you a flavor of the promo -- hopefully a better one will come soon with the vidcaps.

VO: For 12 weeks (?), Phillip has angered everyone...

Ashley conf (looking at his pink undies): Gross!

VO: Alienated the entire tribe...

Phil conf: I made myself the villain

VO: And acted crazy

Phil makes crazy sound

VO/Screen cap: But guess what...

Phil laughs evil laugh

VO/Screen cap: He's just been pretending

Phil conf: It's brilliant strategy

VO: Or has he?

Rob: Is he that good?

VO: Plus, love from home is pretty nice

Jeff: The winner wins love from home

Grant conf: It's priceless

VO: Who will get it? Who will sacrifice for it?

Matt conf: I will do anything I can to win today(or something along those lines)
------------

The Phil section has mainly old vidcaps of his antics...but the visit from home section shows everyone sitting at RI and then the parents coming into the arena....also shows the 4 guys on RI standing and waiting for their duel.

Hope this helps!

"Thanks"
Posted by 5cats on 04-29-11 at 12:47 PM
Thank you SquidProQuo! I have dial-up and cannot watch any video and have a hard time seeing lots of photos cause they take so long to come up or just don't. Appreciate the descriptions of photos and videos by everyone!

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 04-28-11 at 11:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-11 AT 11:52 PM (EST)

Your posts are so elegant VG! Love it.

I will also repeat something I just wrote at MESS after seeing the new promo:
_________

OK, so now we know (yay VG, thanks!) that the shot of six with the Sprint box relates to the family visit/duel scenario.

I can't make out from the promo what the rules are ... but is there any chance that none of the Ometepe get a visit, that it's sort of Pearl Islands like in that the ghost tribe at RI can win the visit?

I had noticed that the Ometepe look unhappy, which doesn't make a lot of sense walking towards a duel with a video phone that should have gotten them excited.
Could they have just lost a chance to get love, as Jeff puts it?

Maybe their heads are a little down because the sun is in their eyes, but they look kind of sad and defeated to me. And do they always wear buffs to RI like they do to challenges? Because they are wearing them here, which makes me wonder if they competed.

What if the pics of Ashley and Natalie crying come after they get back, because they get to watch clips but lose out on the full love package?

Here, we see they are HAPPY watching the phone clips in the top cap.

Here, not so much?

Natalie has taken her hair down after the walk, or she puts it up for the walk, depending on the chronology, and Andrea has a buff hairband in happy shot, buff top on the walk.

ETA -- Ashley crying has on the same pink top as when they are walking, buff still in same position. Too bad she's not visible in the happy shot.

Posted by VolcanicGlass on 04-29-11 at 02:32 AM
Should have read this post before making my own. Sorry, OFG.

I think the order might be:
- Sprint box delivered to RI

- RI players arrive at Arena, Probst announces that winner gets to view video from loved one

- Unclear if loved ones show up before or after the duel is run.
- Duel is run - Steve and Ralph eliminated?

- Unclear as to how sacrifice might work. Perhaps winners of RI duel are asked if they will give up their videos so the Murlonio can view theirs? Then loved ones appear?

- Murlonio returns to camp to watch videos

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 04-29-11 at 03:13 AM
That's what I was thinking, although I had only seen the video and couldn't get it to slow down enough to see that only Matt and Mike got a loved one photo, or to see the box in Matt's hand.

The good thing about you not reading my post first, is we can see that we both independently thought Murlonia is walking back in that photo, and doesn't get the full "love."

I find it bizarre though that CBS would fly all those family members out with the intent of proposing an option whereby all but two are turned around. In recent seasons they have leaned much more towards helf the people getting a visit.

Well, lets figure out how the sacrifice works.

Also, it is odd that two leave RI, because that means they will not need a duel in Ep 13. 2 safe this time, plus one voted out = 3. Plus 1 to be voted out in Ep 13, that gives us the final 4 RI people without another duel.

That means these winners go from Day 31 to Day 36 doing essentially nothing. I don't see that happening.

Posted by emydi on 04-29-11 at 11:03 AM
Are you speculating that 2 leave RI this to jury bc only Matt's and Mike's loved ones are shown?

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 04-29-11 at 08:59 PM
emydi, other people are speculating that, but I'm saying that the numbers allow for one person leaving same as last two weeks. We shouldn't assume they are giving us the quadruel winners, IMHO.

Posted by emydi on 05-02-11 at 12:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-11 AT 12:46 PM (EST)

Thanks. I think only one leaves each episode until the final RI Quadruel in the finale.

"Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 04-29-11 at 02:11 AM
VO: For 12 weeks, Phillip has angered everyone...
Ashley: "It's gross!"
VO: ... alienated the entire tribe...
Phillip: "I made myself the villain."
VO: ... and acted crazy.
Phillip:
VO: But guess what?
Phillip:
VO: He's just been pretending.
Phillip: "It's brilliant strategy."
Rob: "Is he that good?"

VO: Plus...
Probst: "Love from home. It's pretty nice."
Probst: "The winner wins love from home."
VO: Who will get it?
Grant: "It's priceless, man."
VO: Who will sacrifice for it?
Matt: "I will do anything I can to win today."
VO: New Survivor, CBS Wednesday.

"RE: Vidcaps - Full (Web) Promo"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 04-29-11 at 02:22 AM
It appears that Matt brings the box to the duel.

When the loved ones are entering the arena, Matt is no longer wearing his bag over his shoulder, Mike is shown, but neither Ralph nor Steve are seen. Perhaps this is after the duel has been run, Matt and Mike have survived?

Since the Murlonio players are walking back somewhat dejected with the Sprint box, perhaps the sacrifice involved a choice about videos which resulted in some players (RI players) getting the visit while the tribe goes back to camp with the videos?

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-29-11 at 09:35 AM
Thanks VG! Since Matt's carrying the same kind of Sprint box as Grant had, it seems to make sense that both Ome and the RI folks get the box with tree mail and bring it with them to the RI arena.

The challenge appears to be only set up for 4, right? Just trying to figure out if everyone competes in an RC or if this is truly just a duel among the 4.

If it's an RC where everyone competes, then it's easy to see how the loved ones part works out. But if it's just an RI duel, how do the Omes get a chance to be with their loved ones?

Just spec, but could the "sacrifice" be that the RI winner gets the visit UNLESS they're willing to curry favor with the Omes by giving up their visit for one/all of them? If Matt wins, I could definitely see him thumbing his nose at the Omes and taking the visit.

Just throwing out ideas, but another spec option could be that each Ome needs to place a pick on which RI person will win...if they pick the correct winner, then they get the loved one reward visit with them. That would help to stir the pot based on who picks whom...and also spur interaction between Omes and RI folks. E.g., would be very interesting if someone like Andrea got to go on a reward visit with Matt and his brother.

Any other ideas? Also, do we think that the loved ones compete in the RI duel? Matt and his brother would seem to be unbeatable.

P.S. Interesting who we DON'T see -- Rob's, Grant's, Ralph's and Steve's loved ones.

Posted by princat on 04-29-11 at 07:11 PM
Squid I was actually thinking along the same lines as you. That it's an RI duel and the winner gets to choose who gets the family visit in some way (ie another person or give up theirs so everyone else gets it)

This would be an interesting twist since the people on the other side voted them out (in Matt's case twice).

Not sure how Ome's would be able to participate in the challenge besides your suggestion of picking a winner.

I also wonder why they didnt show the other 4 loved ones. For Rob maybe to keep speculation about Amber coming (and she didnt?)

Posted by Flowerpower on 04-29-11 at 09:33 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-11 AT 09:38 AM (EST)

Thanks for posting, VG!

VO: For 12 weeks, Phillip has angered everyone...
Ashley: "It's gross!"
VO: ... alienated the entire tribe...
Phillip: "I made myself the villain."
VO: ... and acted crazy.
Phillip:
VO: But guess what?
Phillip:
VO: He's just been pretending.
Phillip: "It's brilliant strategy."
Rob: "Is he that good?"

Well the promo talks about Phillip once again. This could be a record breaking season where crazy, nutty Phillip is the boot decoy every week. A Phillip siting here makes me believe that they are using him as the boot decoy to hide or cast doubt on another predictable boot...

VO: Plus...
Probst: "Love from home. It's pretty nice."
Probst: "The winner wins love from home."
Grant: "It's priceless, man."
VO: Who will sacrifice for it?
Matt: "I will do anything I can to win today."

So, what does the verbage tell us...

1. We definitely know that they receive packages in the tree mail and are instructed to bring them to the quad-reul. We see Grant walking with it here....

And, we see Matt bringing it here....

We also hear Matt say, "I will do anything I can to win today". So, more than likely he has an inkling of what is at stake at the Quad-ruel that is imminent.

But, with the Ometepe's walking back, they do not look filled with anticipation, but do look rather discouraged. They could be returning to Murlonio. But, do they show them leaving the duel arena's....no, not in the past. Maybe it's just paranoid Rob filling their heads with another "twist"?

Because at the Quad-ruel, they do seem to be reacting very excitedly and surprisingly....

But, maybe they arrive at the Quadruel without the box, and it's the RI tribe that receives the box in tree mail and goes to the arena with the box, as we see Matt with it. And somehow, the Ome's lose and are left with the box to take back to camp?

We get to see a glimpse of the Quad-ruel here....

It looks to be the toss the rock and break the fragile tiles challenge. We see here pictures of Matt and Mike seeing their loved ones enter the arena...

(Note that there is someone on Matt's immediate left in this frame. I do think that they have to see their loved ones BEFORE the start of the challenge as we have a shot of Natalie's mom walking in and the tiles are all intact, that she is walking past. The challenge hasn't been run yet....

But, I have drawn an arrow to a question that I had....there appears to be a disruption, or a difference in color here....has the challenge been run? We see the last tile of lane one and two, Matt's and Mike's lane's, still in tact. Is that third lane tile in tact or not?

But, on review, it looks like that darkened area is a rock?

And, here is a picture of Matt's brother entering and going by either lane 3 or 4, and those tiles look in tact as well. So, the loved ones must enter before the challenge has run...

We know that the winner wins love from home. The winner of what? The Quadruel? The IC? What? Will the winner of the RI Quadruel have to decide to...make the sacrifice so others can get the love?

Who will sacrifice for it? So, so far it looks like the winner of the Quadruel, most likely Matt as he gets the confessional, I will do anything to win today....will be called upon to make a sacrifice so that others can have their family visit. We see perhaps the family members file out after the Quadruel is over or before it has begun?

We see the Ome's walking back thinking that they are not going to get a chance to really have a visit...but, more than likely, the one who wins the challenge will have to make a similiar sacrifice and they will all get to visit with their loved ones....somehow. We know how Jiffy loves the love....

Now, regarding these pictures...

To me, these are likely before they go to the quadruel...I think this because they look like they have just woken up - Grant with his head covering especially....Nat and Ashley look like they have been crying a long time though, so perhaps it is when they come back to camp?

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 04-29-11 at 09:09 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-11 AT 09:14 PM (EST)

Very good work as usual, FloPo!

Do you or anyone recognize where the Ometepe are for the walking with Sprint box shot? Can we tell if they are going or coming? They show us nothing of the outside of the arena. I imagine there are many signs of production there that they don't want in the shots, plus they are driven there and back.

So the walk should be near camp -- coming or going? Perhaps they are outbound after all. I see them walking from the trees to the beach. Don't they walk down the beach to the pick-up point?

If you look at my post #33 that I made yesterday, I made some spec about the video caps coming from before and after the duel.
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7676.shtml#33

What do you think?
Good observation about Grant's headgear. I buy that.

There is another shot with the phone where they are in swimwear and the mood seems up again. The wear bikinis to the IC but not to the duel. Before IC?

I am thinking if they have the phone after the duel, that they must bring it back for the IC?

Posted by dabo on 04-30-11 at 01:48 AM

From Rob's facial expression and hand gesture I'm getting: "I don't know."

Posted by Flowerpower on 04-30-11 at 08:25 AM
Actually, I think we are all on the same page.

Basically, we all pretty much agree that tree mail brings them a package, that they can open and play....more than likely Phillip gets up first and goes to the tree mail and retrieves the package. They excitedly all get up and run the videos from home. Rob, the boss, holds the phone to deliver the sweet videos....they all look like they have just woken up...

We hear them at the end of their viewing all cheer, "Ometepe!" At this point they are still a nice, unified tribe.

Then...as OFG has observed they are leaving the woods and heading toward the beach. I kind of believe that this could be GOING to the RI....they all look serious and pensive. Probably feeling a bit emotional after the dramatic morning they have had. It looks HOT, as the guys have their shirts off...Definitely, it could be argued that they are returning from the Quad-ruel...

Then at the Quad-ruel, the 4 stooges show up...they must have gotten their video in the AM in tree mail as well...

When the family members walk in, the tiles are all in tact, so the quad-ruel has not been run yet. We hear Jiffy at the quad-ruel say...""Love from home. It's pretty nice.
The winner wins love from home." So, we know that the winner of the quad-ruel is going to be the one that has to make the sacrifice. We hear it all at the quad-ruel. I don't think the Ome's will get love at the quad-ruel. But, I do think that somehow the family will be present for the big challenge, and the winner of the IC will also have to make a "sacrifice" of some sort, we hear Grant note..."It's priceless, man!"

Now, getting back to the vidcaps....we have the challenge pics. More than likely one of the males will win, most likely Grant. Then we have this series of pictures...

As we hear Rob say..."One of us has to go to Redemption Island. That's a fact."

I found this interesting. Once again Phillip is the boot decoy here....As we hear Rob, "one of us has to go to RI. That's a fact" we have a shot of Phillip turning his head to Rob, and then a shot of Ashley (she wants Phillip to be GONE), then Rob noting it toward Grant.

This series highlights Phillip being the one to go to RI. Then, at the end of the preview we hear Rob note, "32 days of hard work, gone just like that!" He could be referring to his own safety, which I don't think that he is at this point, OR he could be referring to Phillip's safety. All of the hard work he did to keep Phillip in the game for naught, if they all want to get rid of him first.

Andrea will, Ashley will....but, I think in the end, it will be who Rob wants it to be. Nat and Grant and Phillip will vote for Andrea, imo, and Ashley more than likely will too.

"Vidcaps - Sports Promo"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 05-01-11 at 07:59 AM
VO: Wednesday, on CBS, an alliance of six is about to shatter. Will Boston Rob maintain control?

"RE: Vidcaps - Sports Promo"
Posted by dabo on 05-02-11 at 12:16 PM

The Phillip reveal this week is standing out. Doing Survivor as RPG has always been a viable game, examples from the past would include Skupin the hunter and Coach the warrior. One of the problems with this sort of covert game is it is difficult to sustain, so the closer to one's own mentality the fantasy is the better. On the other hand, this is what covert operatives do, it is the job of a covert op to adopt a cover and sustain it as long and as completely as possible. Does the family visit trip up Phillip's game, does he drop his cover?

One of the big problems with that sort of game is there's no exit strategy except getting to Final and dropping cover, get eliminated sooner than that and you are stuck in real life with the perception you created in the game. Are they editing in an exit strategy now for Phillip?

"Vidcaps - 10 seconds Promo"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 05-01-11 at 08:15 AM
Nothing really new here, but just adding it because the editing of this promo is so over-the-top pull at the heartstrings, it's worth a look.

(Dramatic music playing throughout promo)
Probst: "Love... from home... it's pretty nice."
(video and sounds of players reacting to appearance by loved ones overlap Probst's VO)
Grant: (confessional) "It's priceless, man."
Matt: (confessional) "I will do anything I can to win today."

"RE: Vidcaps - 10 seconds Promo"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 05-03-11 at 12:50 PM

Not sure if the cap above can help determine whether the duel has been run already or not, but I did want to point it out so it can be discussed.

If you check the tables as Natalie's loved one (mom?) walks by, the two in the background do not appear to have a block on it, while the one right next to her does. Since it isn't clear how the duel works, this may be meaningless, but just in case...

Posted by Flowerpower on 05-03-11 at 01:08 PM
Yes, VG, I drew an arrow to that rock in post #39 above. Clearly you can see that Matt's and Mike's last tile is unbroken. The table that Nat's mom is walking past that has the rock on it is most likely Rooster's tile. I don't know what it means...his table looks intact, but there sure is a big rock on it...??? Then I tried to look at the table in front of that tile, and it looks like the corner is visible and intact....

Here is my pic with the arrow....note the corner of the prior tile appears to be intact...

Then, note these tiles in a row as Matt's brother appears....they also appear to be intact.

Taking in all of the tiles that appear to be intact, I am presuming that the family visitors appear prior to the Quad-reul....?

Posted by VolcanicGlass on 05-03-11 at 01:29 PM
FP, so sorry! Not sure how I missed that.

What's more significant to me than the tiles being intact is the fact that there is a stone in that final space but none on the other two. If the duel in some way requires the stone to be moved in some way, that may be of interest. At any rate, it may indicate that this is after the duel.

Posted by Flowerpower on 05-03-11 at 01:42 PM
Yes, very perplexing, VG. No stone on any of the other tables, except Roosters...the third set. I think Steve's tiles are seen when Matt's brother is in the frame, and those tiles are all intact without any rocks. Very disturbing, that rock sticks out like a sore thumb...I don't know what to make of it?

Posted by parathor on 05-03-11 at 01:46 PM
The table with the rock on it looks like it's the "end" (or beginning) of a line of breakable plates (with the end table looking unbreakable)

This photo shows Matt's other-end of the line of tables being flat with breakable tops (and shadows underneath the others')

So I'd guess that Natalie's mom, at the very least, arrives at the end of the game. Matt's brother might arrive at the end or beginning, hard to tell, since I think that's the unbreakable end.

I don't know what the rocks are on Ralph's table... if the challenge is to break some tables, like, a few feet in front of you, then that doesn't seem that hard!

"RE: Episode 12, Vidcaps"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-02-11 at 05:38 PM
Just noticed this TC Walk vidcap and "slow mo" video clip on Survivor Phoenix and wanted to bring it over asap. Tied up at work but hopefully someone can blow it up and see who is wearing the immunity necklace....I can't tell based on a quick look...but hopefully we can at least rule a few people out for sure based on this. Looks like Andrea definitely has her bag with her.

A big thanks to SP/VG!

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S22E12/S22E12_TC_Walk_slow

Posted by Flowerpower on 05-02-11 at 05:51 PM
Thanks for bringing this over, and thanks so much to VG, for always going the extra mile with the footage that is offered. Squid, this footage has already been blown up...here is the vidcap taken from the preview promo...

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S22E12/S22E12_TC_Walk_slow

I don't think that the IN is visible in the picture or the moving gif...what it all boils down to is Grant or Rob, imo. Whoever wins the immunity is key. If Rob wins, than Grant should be toast. I don't even think he would need to throw him under the bus, I think the 3 degrees and Phillip would be happy to boot him, regardless of any pre-arranged order.

No one out there is guaranteed a win against Grant later. If he is available to be booted now, then they either seize the opportunity, or they let Grant ride into the finals. At this point in the game it's me or you, and IF Grant isn't protected with the IN, they should all be very eager to vote him out.

If Grant indeed wins immunity, then I believe Andrea will go. She was identified as the most likely boot target last week by Grant and Rob. I think that once again Phillip is the misdirection.

Another tertiary boot candidate could be Ashley. She is in the promos as well...I think the only safe one is Natalie....food for thought.

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 05-02-11 at 09:16 PM
Well, based on that moving vidcap, I'd venture to say that IF the DAWs are indeed walking to Tribal Council with their torches and bags, than I'd have to say it looks like Robfadda is our Immunity Winner. I see everyone else in that clip carrying their bags except Rob!!! And if this is the case, my money's on Grant to be voted out this week.

Great detective work there from Volcanic Glass! Thanks for sharing this with us Squid and FloPo.

Posted by Flowerpower on 05-03-11 at 06:52 AM
Well, regarding whether or not that there is a bag there or not on Rob, and if there is an IN on someone, I can't say. I have gone out on a limb thinking I see something and in actuality, it's not there. I think this clip is so far away, and so much detail is lost with the zoom in. I just don't know, I think it's too far away to make a definitive call...

I think it must be either Rob or Grant that has the IN...

Posted by parathor on 05-03-11 at 08:50 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-11 AT 09:10 AM (EST)

It looks that way to me, too... good catch!!

I'm not sold on Grant getting kicked out though. It makes sense, since he spiked in airtime last week. But logically, from a tribe standpoint, it should be Andrea.

Storywise, it should also be Andrea, setting up a reunion with Matt next week on their lovers-spat island (and eating most of the airtime while they debate whether to boot Phillip or Ashley).

Alternatively, they could hold the Matt/Andrea reunion on the last episode, and she could (kick him out) again in a dramatic twist. That'd also be a good story. But the last episode doesn't need extra drama, so I'm guessing Andrea goes so next week can be dramatic/exciting.

But as far as immunity goes this week, I'm placing heavy money on Rob like you said, due to the "sitting facing away from the flag at the top of the steps" picture (if he hadn't won, he'd've been facing downwards in exhaustion - unless he was just going down the steps again... but how likely is that?), and now this one.

Posted by VolcanicGlass on 05-03-11 at 09:52 AM
The only definite statement one can definitely make about this sequence is that there is nothing definitive about it.

;)

Posted by Flowerpower on 05-03-11 at 11:08 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-11 AT 11:08 AM (EST)

The only definite statement one can definitely make about this sequence is that there is nothing definitive about it.

Here, here, VG. Well said. I couldn't agree more....but you have brilliantly given us the option to come to that decision ourselves, and for that we are most grateful! It does however plant a "seed"....maybe...

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 05-03-11 at 09:43 PM
>The only definite statement one can
>definitely make about this sequence
>is that there is nothing
>definitive about it.
>
>;)

I concur.

"Sometimes it's not enough to know what things mean, sometimes you have to know what things don't mean." — Bob Dylan

"Press Images for Challenge"
Posted by Flowerpower on 05-04-11 at 09:11 AM
As posted by SurvivorGirl at Sucks Mess Hall...

First of all we can see that they must start from the back in retrieving their planks. Untie the furthest set of planks and drag them all to your base platform, where you must deposit them. Then you can only take one plank at a time up the steps, and you must lay the correct plank in order to advance....See Andrea's remaining plank of the set on her base at the bottom of the stairs. See Natalie's on the base, as well as Ashley's there. Grant is in the lead after the second set of treads, with only one more set of treads to go....he is untying his last group of treads, as Boston Rob is placing his last tread in the second set....

As we suspected, this is Grant's challenge to lose, but look how well Andrea is doing!

I think that the first set of treads was easiest to place with three different holes, the second set of treads has 4 holes to place, while I'll bet the the third set of treads has at least 5 holes, so would be the most difficult treads to place....

"All Press Images"
Posted by Flowerpower on 05-04-11 at 09:47 AM
Thanks so much to Volcanic Glass at Survivor Phoenix for posting the Press Images:

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S22E12Press/S22E12_CBS_PreAir_09

"RE: All Press Images"
Posted by dabo on 05-04-11 at 11:23 AM
Top of the structure puzzle may get tougher, but in this shot

Grant is in the lead, undoing his final puzzle pieces.
Rob is second, completing the middle section.
Andrea is third with only one piece of the middle section to go.
Ashley is fourth with two pieces to go in middle section.
Phillip is fifth, fitting his first piece into the middle section.
Natalie is last.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-04-11 at 01:01 PM
Wow, Andrea and Ashley are doing much better than I would have thought at this point in the challenge. Looks like they're only allowed to bring 1 board up at a time, which helps equalize things a bit for the women.

So 5 peg holes for the last section, which will make it harder...plus running up and down those stairs 1 by 1 has to be a killer. Even though Grant's the favorite, I still wouldn't rule out Rob the construction guy or even Andrea. Have we figured out for sure what happens at the end? If it's just raising the flag (as it appeared from far away), then that helps Grant...but if there's a puzzle or something more at top, then that favors Rob.

Re RI Duel shot: Looks like Mike's ahead at this point. Interesting that we don't see the loved ones -- are they off to the side or do they not show up until after the duel? Also, does it look like more stuff than usual that the Omes bring to the challenge (laying there on the ground)?

Posted by dabo on 05-04-11 at 01:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-11 AT 01:27 PM (EST)

I doubt there is much to do at the very top of the structure other than untying knots, anything more complex would just allow whoever gets there first to catch their breath.

As for the duel, looking at the photo Mike has, yes, taken an early lead. But Ralph is a country boy, horseshoes is a common pastime, so I think there is a good prospect he should do well on this one.

Posted by KimberA00 on 05-04-11 at 02:50 PM
Also, does it look like more stuff than usual that the Omes bring to the challenge (laying there on the ground)?

I think that might be the RI castaway's bags that they've put down while they do the challenge. I don't see their stuff lying anywhere else around.

Posted by Flowerpower on 05-04-11 at 02:50 PM
Let's compare some pictures:

Nat's mom is walking up to the rows of tiles, we see her right leg is passing the edge of one....look behind her and those are the platforms that the contestants stand on to throw the rocks. There is a rock on the third stand, which is Rooster's stand. I clearly think the rock is lying on the third stand, Rooster's stand...

Note...

When the 4 RI'ers are walking in we see that they are going to have to break 4 of the tiles. WE see in the last picture up above that Mike is in the lead with 2 broken tiles, while everyone else has one broken tile...

I think the RI duel is OVER when the family visitors for the Murlonios walk in....look, we see that Matt's, Mike's, Rooster's tiles are missing, but we see that the last row, the blackest row, Steve's row, still has a tile in the third position, most likely he loses the RI duel.... Note in the left foreground of this vidcap, we can see that Steve's tile is still in tact in the third position...

BUT, I think that perhaps the RI'ers family comes BEFORE the challenge....we see Matt's brother here....

I don't know....I think I am inclined to think that the all come AFTER the duel takes place. Looks to me like Steve will be the boot off...fwiw.

Posted by Brownroach on 05-04-11 at 03:18 PM
If the family members arrive before the duel, would they be escorted away again before the duel starts? That seems kind of awkward. But if not they would all in effect witness someone get booted from the game. I can't believe it would be set up like that.

I think they come out when it's over and the duel loser has already left the premises. Which means one of Ralph and Steve must lose, since we see visitors for Matt and Mike. Either Ralph's or Steve's visitor won't be coming out.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-04-11 at 04:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-11 AT 04:15 PM (EST)

FloPo, maybe this is just a "perspective" thing again (which I'm not good at ), but it looks to me that there is a big distance between the stand where the 4 guys throw the rocks and the 1st row of tiles. So when we see Nat's mom walking in, I don't see how she'd be so close to the stand and a broken tile. I think she could be walking in from the side or back (opposite of where they throw), and the rock we see is one that's landed but didn't break a tile. Is that possible? And if so, what does that tell us about who cannot win?

I'm working/in a rush so might be totally off base, but wanted to throw this idea out there.

Re family members before or after duel: I could see it going either way. Could add some drama if they were there....they could even possibly participate....but I could also see them coming afterwards. We know that everyone gets the Sprint treemail box, so they know it's coming, right?

Posted by Flowerpower on 05-04-11 at 04:25 PM
It's a different camera lens....but, look at the platforms that they stand on ....there is an X in the front of them. Then look at the structures that they are throwing to, the structure where we see they have all broken their first tile...in that bottom pic with Nat's mom, about 1 inch from the CBS eye, you can see the CORNER of the structure that holds the tiles....

You can see that the platforms that they stand on are further back, while it looks decieving in the Nat Mom pic....you can also see that the platforms are lower that the structures that hold the breakable tiles. I am clear that the rock is resting on Roosters platform, where he would be standing in mid-duel.

Because that rock is there, and there are already broken tile vacancies in the forefront, I am pretty sure that as BR suspects, the Family visitors arrive or are announced post duel...fwiw...

Posted by parathor on 05-04-11 at 04:30 PM
The unbroken tile is Steve's, but the stand Mrs. Natalie is passing by (with the rocks) is the third-one over - Ralph's. The camera angle is all messy, confuses things.

So building upon your suggestion, and seeing that they didn't include Ralph's or Steve's family visitor, one of them must lose. We've seen Steve's plate, so he must lose. Where's Ralph's family person? Would they show Mike & Matt family members if either one won?

Would it make sense that Ralph still has rocks on his pedestal, still has rocks to "throw," because he's so accurate, and everyone else is playing for second/third?

I now think Ralph wins! Thanks, FP!

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-04-11 at 05:22 PM
Actually, Ralph winning makes sense. As Dabo says, he probably plays horse shoes, bags, etc. And it would also tie in nicely with the Episode title, "You mangled my nets." We were thinking all along that Phillip says this, but maybe Ralph says this if he wins the RI duel as a reason why he won't allow Phillip to get the family visit?

Also, in her exit interviews, Julie said there was a reason she hid Phil's shorts, but the CBS PR person wouldn't let her talk about it....maybe she couldn't talk about it because it was tied to this next episode? i.e. Phillip messed up Ralph's and Julie's fishing nets and now it's payback? Just spec but you never know.

P.S. Flo Po, sorry, I was reading so fast that I was confused what you were originally saying -- when you said "stand," I thought you meant the stand that they are throwing rocks from was where Nat's mom was standing at.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-04-11 at 04:24 PM
Here's an ET sneak preview of the Sprint package that the Omes receive in tree mail. Apologize if someone else already posted this. Looks like Grant is swimming/fishing at the beginning of the clip -- could he somehow be involved with the mangled net thing from the clues?

http://www.etonline.com/tv/110346_Sneak_Peek_The_Murlonio_Tribe_s_Mysterious_Package_on_Survivor/index.html