URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7665
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor 22 Ep10 ECST"

Posted by vince3 on 04-20-11 at 05:41 PM
Please keep all details of what may be an island Race War start up here until the West Coast either stops laughing or shaking their heads at the silliness that these Castaways can cause...

Also, we are visiting the Matt/Mike/Dave threesome that inhabit Redemption Island and have some sort of contest between them... something about the old 'House of Cards' bit?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor 22 Ep10 ECST"
Posted by jbug on 04-20-11 at 07:32 PM
darn... hard rain just started... 6:32 pm - Survivor starts in 28 minutes.
Hopefully it passes thru before 7.

Posted by Flowerpower on 04-20-11 at 07:44 PM
Okay, vince....is it safe to post here? Is everything all set?

Posted by vince3 on 04-20-11 at 07:51 PM
Hopefully, and as far as I know...

"Thanks vince!"
Posted by Flowerpower on 04-20-11 at 07:55 PM
Thanks for all that you do, vince, and especially for being early tonight! You ROCK!

"Rice Wars..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 04-20-11 at 08:05 PM
Waves to jbug....hope the rain is in and out...last night we had a horrendous storm...had to go in the basement at 1:30 AM. Nothing like the threat of a natural disaster to wake you up...all is well today, thankfully!

Now for Survivor...so happy to see Rob SINGING at camp with Grant, in the clip that VG posted. Now, that's the Robfadda I know and love....bring back the happy Chappy's! Previously on Survivor....Starts with Phillip and then David, who's destructive...but after the merge the two set aside internal squabbles but stay divided...cna't trust Matt so he gets a one way ticket to RI....Mike wants to woo Ometepe's, unsuccessfully, Phillip wouldn't budge, he plays thehonor and duty card....Mike is voted out....and so was David, go to RI...now Ralph, J, STeve are face a United Ometepe tribe while the three are on RI...

Cut to RI, Matt is praying, he will fight and stay in if God wants him to...wants to pull himself up by the boot straps, protect my mind and body...get in the mind set, RI, part 2, my brother wouldn't quit, my dad wouldn't quit....David comes...sees Matt, Mike is in the shelter lying down, Matt notes in confessional that David is here and he doesn't know what's going on...must be a 3 person duel, are we on the jury? A Tri-el! David doesn't know what the twists will be, they are looking forward to what's going on here....

Murlonio:

Ralph and Zaps eating, Steve says he was happy that Dave went and not him, he's not ready....Steve: 6 on 3 now...see crzy Phillip with feathers, Steve can't figure him out, Ome's are sticking to him like glue, he doesn't know if Phillip is a good guy or not, the only hope he has is how irritating they can be with Phillip...Steve says there is always a chance....cut to intro...

"RE: Rice Wars..."
Posted by jbug on 04-20-11 at 08:08 PM
we lost signal earlier but got it back by start time;
saw the first; went to commercial;
"breaking news" weather came on! NO
okay, went to regular commercial.

I know warnings are important but...

"Previously..."
Posted by vince3 on 04-20-11 at 08:06 PM
Before the merge, both tribes were rife with infighting... After the merge, the tribes united with each other but the Omes and Zaps faced each other... Matt returned from RI, but got sent back...

Zaps tried to recruit the lowest Ome, Phillip.... twice, and Mike and David paid the price and headed toward Matt's Redemption Islance.

Rooster, Julie, and Steve are left for the Zaps...

Matt prays on RI for sanity and to put himself back together as he gets Mike and David as visitors... because Matt was expecting duel with Mike alone...

Mike speculates are they on the Jury? Is it a duel, trial, truel, what's going on?

Back at Murlonio, the Zap3 are eating more of the caught fish from the previous episode...

Phillip's mubling as he re-strings his feather to his headband.

Zaps are hoping that Phillip irritates everyone to the point that he's punted...

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 08:08 PM
"Three competitors will face a duel."

Jeff apparently had no trouble uttering that phrase.

Steve thinks trying to get Phillip out could be viable.

Posted by michel on 04-20-11 at 09:14 PM
Now I can say that Jeff's an oxymoron!

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 08:10 PM
Phillip is babbling. He will be here at the end of the game.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 08:13 PM
Phillip steals rice from the Zaps.

Dueltime with three competitors. Yes they are going to keep calling it a duel.

One loser becomes first juror.

Posted by michel on 04-20-11 at 09:16 PM
Only eliminating one immediately after the merge shows us that EPMB likes his strong guys.

Posted by dabo on 04-21-11 at 00:09 AM
ditto. If they do keep up with this RI cra-crud after this season they may as well start casting only 30-and-youngers who made US Olympics teams.

Posted by CTgirl on 04-20-11 at 10:14 PM
I'm starting to feel like this season will never end. It's like the movie Groundhog Day - maybe when the right person gets voted out, EPMB will let the game proceed!

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 08:16 PM

Mike's stack tallest but very shaky .

David is first juror.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 08:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-11 AT 08:19 PM (EST)

Rob verbalizes that they are trying to send people to take Matt out. Matt wants to get back in to take Rob out. Endgame, anyone?

"Murlonio, Day 25"
Posted by vince3 on 04-20-11 at 08:17 PM
Phillip's into Buddhism, apparently as he prays/mumbles up on the cliff face... meditation he says. He has a premonition about Robfather and it's the completion of the circle of trust...

Zaps have a ton of rice left (since their supplies are being shared by only 3 members now... and Phillip notices and tells Rob/Natlie... and he's stealing some of the rice for the Ome portion of the populace...

Tree mail, and it's time to head to Redemption Island: All heading to see the battle!

Matt's hurting emotionally: shot to Andrea/Rob...

150 wooden tiles to build a House of Cards: First 2 to get to 8' will stay on Redemption Island... Loser is the first member of the Jury!

Only rule is that you can't just plain stack them flat... you have to build a House of Cards... or tower...

Mike's at 6', Matt's at 5' (crash), David's at 3'...

Mike's almost there... Matt's almost there, David's catching up...

Mike stays alive! Matt stays alive! David's toast and I think knocks down Mike's stack (or it falls apart...) 7 duels for Matt and he stays alive.

David is gonna be in the Jury Box at the next TC...

Rob's worried that if Matt continues to stay alive, he will be ultimately toast... He'll keep sending peeps to eliminate Matt and hopefully Mike as well...

"Post intro..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 04-20-11 at 08:17 PM
See Phillip on the cliff in full indian garb, meditating....he's into buddism, your spirit is intertwined with every living thing....you can hear it, feel it, channel that, meditated this AM, focusing on my ancestors, through my grandfather, my relationship with Rob, it's come through the full circle of trust, I'll be here at the end of the game, see Rob walking along alone on the beach....

Julie at Murlonio....the food situation for the old Zaps is great, we will eat it and be happy, see them eating...rice is good....Phillip says that it's ugly for us, they had 7 scoop fulls where we only have 2 for all of us....Phillip says he's scooping out of there's and into ours...he's stealing it....he's watching the Zaps like a lion...

Tree mail, STeve and Julie...as comfotable as you all may be, it's time for ALL of you to see who will come and stay....

Cut to RI....the TRI-EL...

Matt, Mike, and David... Welcome to RI arena, the tribe is here to witness...Matt, back to back Blindsides....never knew that strangers could hurt me so deeply, it hurts but ready to keep going...have 150 wooden tiles, use to build house of cards, first to 8 feet wins, loser is out for good, and first member of jury...

One shot, this is it....Ready, go....hot and sunny day, build a traditional house of cards, see the sun shining over Matt....Matt is smoking....Mike is doing really well too, he's at 6 ft, Matt at 5 foot, David at 3 feet...Mike is getting closer and closer to the 8 foot mark....very close, almost there....Matt doing well, David catching up quickly....Mike is shaking........Mike flirting with disaster....David is back in it....Matt closer, Matt has tall stack, doesn't want to lose it, Matt getting very close and David closer, Mike is less than 1/2 inch away......Mike is good, stays alive, Matt is close, Matt does it, David is first in the jury....

STeve says good try David, Mike first duel, did what you had to do, stays alive, Matt 7 straight duels, stay alive, David your shot at money is over, first of jury....He saw RI to further himself, but his plan didn't work like he wanted....Rob confessional...David failed, Matt is still in, if he (Matt)comes back and beats me, it's over...

Matt confessional if God gives me the strength to stay in I will and let me try and take Rob out.....

pitting Rob vs. Matt....

"LOL!"
Posted by michel on 04-20-11 at 09:22 PM
When Jeff said this: Mike is doing really well too, he's at 6 ft, Matt at 5 foot, David at 3 feet" I laughed thinking David is short but not that short!

But yes, Rob vs Matt like last week's recap told us. Does anyone see symbolism in the house of cards?

"RE: LOL!"
Posted by kiki_k on 04-21-11 at 03:32 AM
I don't know about the house of cards symbolism -- Matt knocks over the house of cards Rob built maybe? But I don't think Rob has really built a house of cards -- he's playing a pretty solid game -- so that doesn't fit.

I did notice -- and it jumped out at me at the Jesus edit Matt is getting (as I pointed out in the editing thread, RI is Matt's time in the desert, where Jesus went to fast & pray in order to get clarity on what his purpose was on earth) -- Matt praying & saying "You know I want out of this game Lord, but I will stay & fight if that is your will" (or words basically to that effect). That immediately brought to my mind Jesus in the olive grove before he was to be crucified & praying: ""My Father! If this cup cannot be taken away unless I drink it, your will be done." (Matthew 26:42). Matt is staying on RI, IMO & he is coming back into the game.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 08:21 PM
Here comes the rice incident.

Posted by samboohoo on 04-20-11 at 08:26 PM
Phillip is crazy, and it has nothing to do with his skin color.

"Murlonio, Day 26"
Posted by vince3 on 04-20-11 at 08:23 PM
Rob and Grant start to sing before they make rice and... there's maggots in their supply, which means it's contaminated!

They ask the Zaps for some of their rice and there is no sale... and here come the complaints and arguments begin...

Phillip railing on Steve/Julie basically...

"RE: Murlonio, Day 26"
Posted by jbug on 04-20-11 at 08:31 PM
they were wanting to combine all the good rice that was left.
Zaps say no you're not using our can.
Phil can not see that it's not his request to use that can that Steve thinks is crazy; Steve thinks Phil is just generally crazy!

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 08:23 PM
Phillip had rice grains stuck to his back.
Lol.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 08:28 PM
Phillip railing on Steve.

Ralph now to make decision on the Zaps' rice. He tries to placate Phillip.

Steve is looking more like the boot, Ralph's barely been in it.

"Steve's laying it out there"
Posted by vince3 on 04-20-11 at 08:28 PM
Unless Phillip pulls off an IC win: the Zap3 is declaring to Rob/Grant that they're voting for Phillip... What started out as Grant/Rob's song about white rice portions went to full blown explosion... and Phillip's Public Enemy #1... Rob has to figure out who to make as Public enemy #2...

"RE: Steve's laying it out there"
Posted by jbug on 04-20-11 at 08:32 PM
I'm beginning to feel for David.
If Phil is sent to RI next and then loses the duel,
David has to put up with him in LL.

Posted by michel on 04-20-11 at 09:26 PM
I bet that out-of-game, unedited Phil is a mostly normal guy that likes to talk.

Posted by byoffer on 04-20-11 at 10:43 PM
I not much of a gambler, but I might take that bet. He got crazy pretty quickly this season, long before the real stresses of the game/surviving in the wild really kicked in.

Posted by michel on 04-20-11 at 10:52 PM
Maybe you're right but the first days, especially when you lose that first immunity, are the most stressful of all. You simply do not want to be first voted out and you don't know anyone.

We'd need to spend an evening with him to find out. Maybe invite him to a restaurant. (Don't order a dish with rice.)

"Post- Tri-el"
Posted by Flowerpower on 04-20-11 at 08:29 PM
Jiffy just tweeted that he wants David to come back and play Survivor again...

Ok...post tri-el...Murlonio day 26, the tree frog again....and Rob and Grant are singing, Rice wars....and Phillip is dancing, Oh no, Andrea says we have maggots....Phillip is going to go on a rampage....they dumped the bad rice out, and they are putting all on a blanket...worried, what are we going to eat, and Andrea says they had to dump out the bad and Steve says no, you cna't put your rice in with ours....Phillip in confessional says to me this is a really bad way human beings will conduct themselves, ours got wet, the good rice is perfectly good, it's not a Zap decision, it's our rice....we can mix it....Steve says wouldn't it have been smart to talk to us before you dumped it....now Phillip is threatening the tribe by saying he'll take it...escalating, to the race issue...Steve calls Phillip a lunatic....that's your perception when somebody of my color is in your face, that's what this is between you and me....they don't want to keep the rice out of the can, how irrational is that...Phillip says mano y mano if we have to...remember I'm in the Secret Service...he feels like he's bettern than me, it has racial undertones...Steve tells Ralph, Phillip says some black men self destruct, I won't do that, if you start it, I'll finish it, cause if they are on the jury they won't vote for me....

Steve talks about he took it to black and white, Phillip says that the former zaps somebody becomes crazy, suddenly I'm crazy...Steve satlutes him, Phillip flips him off, and he's swearing up a storm, tired of hearing it, and you call me crazy, you don't know me....but suddenly I'm crazy...

Crazy Phil, Steve says, it's not a chip it's a log on his shoulder, I'll turn my back and walk away, Steve goes to Rob, he wants to get Phillip out, he has 0 social skills, somebody like that won't last in the CIA...see the tree frog...Rob talks to Andrea, that old Phillip is coming back...Rob says in confessional that Phillip somehow managed to make war about white rice, racial...Then see Grant and Rob walking on the beach together and they were uncomfortable with the racial fight and bringing up the "n" word...see Phillip walking alone on the beach in his indian outfit, pink undies, buff over his privates, and feather in his hair....will Phillip be the boot this week????

Posted by samboohoo on 04-20-11 at 08:30 PM
Zaps have declared that Phillip will get their votes. Ashley would like Phillip to go. Looks like they all do, which means he probably wins immunity.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 08:39 PM
Phillip's going nowhere. He's public enemy #1!

Posted by samboohoo on 04-20-11 at 08:49 PM
That would be the smart thing, but can they really deal with him?

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 08:33 PM
And suddenly the IC!

Puzzle wheel six will move on

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 08:36 PM
Who has it?

Rob
Julie
Steve
Andrea
Ralph
Grant

Rob wins, just edging out Steve.

"Immunity Challenge"
Posted by vince3 on 04-20-11 at 08:36 PM
Build a multi-stage puzzle wheel.

First 6 to finish a smaller wheel goes to a bigger wheel for Immunity...

First they have to spin it off of their post, getting them very dizzizzizzy.... then they have to put the pieces inside the little part.

Rob, Julie, Rooster, Andrea, Steve, and Grant advance! 3-3 Ome/Zap split...

Final round! These pieces will fit easily, you won't have to force it... there are numbers toward the mini-puzzle wheel from previously... Rob barely wins Immunity over Steve!!!

Guaranteed at least one more day in the game...

Posted by samboohoo on 04-20-11 at 08:36 PM
Poor Steve. He lost by seconds.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-20-11 at 09:56 PM
Yep, Jeff tweeted that it was literally a 1 second difference.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 10:35 PM
The second in which Jeff decided where to look.

Posted by michel on 04-20-11 at 10:38 PM
But he did tell them to scream out. It sounded like Rob was first. Anyway, they usually have more than only Jeff watching.

"Post Argument at Murlonio...."
Posted by Flowerpower on 04-20-11 at 08:37 PM
I think they just may take Phillip out, that tree frog is all over the place...

cut to the challenge....See colored tables...a multi stage puzzle, first 6 to finish move on the the 2nd round...build a sun puzzle...

Start: First 6 move on....unscrewing the table, dizzy, Phillip is slow, Rob is flying, grant is good, Andrea is in the lead, then Rob, Grant, Julie, Ralph is dizzy, Ashley falls down, Nat and Phillip,

first is Rob, then Julie, Ralph, Andrea has it, Steve, Grant all move on....

Final round...first to fit all of the peices win immunity, don't foce the peices they will fit easily...Andrea is doing a nice job....Rob is getting going, Andrea is in the lead, Rob with her....Grant making progress, Steve is close now, Rob close, Steve, but Rob is done, Rob wins immunity, Steve came in second...Rob is safe, and show a disappointed Steve...after 27 days, one will be voted out, and we see Ralph...

Steve comments it was close for him but we dropped the ball, our target is Phillip if 2 of them would change their mind and vote for Phil, that's the only chance we got....

"Post IC..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 04-20-11 at 08:55 PM
Back at Murlonio...So the boot looks like it's setting up to be Steve, Phillip, or Ralph...

Jeff tweets that he would give them more rice but it would have to be in exchange for like the tarp...he tweets that we would miss Phillip more than RussHell and Coach....(GAG).

Back to Murlonio...

Day 27....cooking rice.... and see the Zaps eating theirs, Julie says she's never eaten so much rice in her life, tonight will be an easy vote for us, we are voting for Phillip. She wants them to get rid of one of them, Phillip...

Julie says that it's war, they are digging a hole and putting his bathing suit in it....Julie hides his bathing trunks...uh oh....Phillip is asking where his swim trunks are, they got legs and walked away, he says it's ok, it can get fun and exciting...he knows they were taken...Ashley in confessional says he was a special agent and knows how to read people, crazy Phil, can read people who wears pink underwear and a feather. Don't feel threatened by me, I just go off on people like that....to Steve...in the NFL they have rules, see the rice boiling over the fire....STeve shys check him out....Phill is a total #####, getting racial about rice, I would think he'd apologize for assinine behavior, Omes don't understand him either...Rob says it doesn't matter who they target. Rob loves Phillip but doesn't know where his head is, one man should not have this much power on the island, but I'm grateful that I do....

TC:

DAvid the first member of the jury, Steve is smiling....

Phillip based on what you are wearing, I had a former Zap think it was cute and steal my clothes, I looked at Steve, he was the oen that stole my clothes, goes back to my former training...

Steve....Phill says Zaps are eating more rice than anyone else, we are eating our food, they make the argument that it's theirs, Steve says that Phillip makes it a racial issue, brings the "N" word up, threatens us with juditso, and then the N word came out, and Phillip is going to interrupt. He calls me crazy, I wanted to put the good rice in their can and he calls me crazy, Jeff says that when he calls you crazy he's really calling you the N word....where are you making that leap, it's very tricky when a black guy and a white guy use the N word, you are not a woman, you don't know what it's like to be an African American....compares it to a woman knowing when a guy is trying to pick her up, I just know it...he is implying....gives an example of his father and him and a vendor asking him, "what can I do for you, boy", it means the same thing. Steve says that there is no racism in his heart, played in the NFL...blah, blah, blah....Jiffy notes that there is a big debate about the rice, Steve called him crazy and you equate it that he used the N word....nobody knows Steve's intentions...quite possible both of you are telling the truth, he used it, but didn't mean it this way,
rob, how do you go forward when all of this is in the context of a million dollars....Rob says it's not easy, it's problematic, people with disagreements, can't say it's not factoring into our decision. Natalie feels for Steve because she doesn't think he's prejudiced, and I feel for Phillip because I've never been an African American.

Julie admits she took the shorts...

Steve you are uncomfortable because you are not a racist, hoping that one or two of them would be getting tired of him (Phillip)...Jeff says that it's a fascinating TC it illustrates how you live with people, and then have to vote them out, and then sit on the jury together...Steve, you are up....votes Phil, he's not prejudiced at all....Julie votes Phillip, doesn't have to do with your skin, you are one crazy dude...Ralph votes Phillip....David is smiling...Andrea looks at him and smiles...

Votes:

No one plays idol...

Phil
Phile
Phil
Julie
Julie
Julie
Julie
11th person voted out, Julie, guess you will never find your shorts, to Phillip...Ralph waves to her...Tonights TC, is indicitive is how it's going to go for the rest of the game, every thing you do will have an impact on whether or not you get a million dollars....

"Dear Jeff,"
Posted by Estee on 04-21-11 at 07:08 AM
he tweets that we would miss Phillip more than RussHell and Coach....(GAG)

It is better to keep your fingers still and be believed an idiot than to type 140 characters (or less) and remove all doubt.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 08:41 PM
The Zaps are voting for Phillip. They would like to swing two.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 08:43 PM
More craziness from guess who!

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 08:44 PM
Rob is glad he has so much power.

Posted by jbug on 04-20-11 at 09:07 PM
so Rob is the one I should blame when i go blind from having to see Phil in those tightie pinkies...
good to know..

"LMAO"
Posted by samboohoo on 04-20-11 at 08:42 PM
Zaps eating tons of rice. Julie takes Phillip's shorts and burries them. Trying to make him completely snap. Good move to rile him up to get votes.

Posted by samboohoo on 04-20-11 at 08:46 PM
Jeff is edging Phillip on with his "former training" comment.

Posted by samboohoo on 04-20-11 at 08:47 PM
Phillip is toast.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 08:49 PM
It's all Phillip vs Steve. Richard Pryor comes up.

Phillip and his father moved to upstate New York in 1968. I'm sure you care.

Posted by samboohoo on 04-20-11 at 08:50 PM
Did the man call Phillip's father "boy" or "c'boy?"

Posted by Nume on 04-20-11 at 08:53 PM
Lmao

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 08:57 PM
I get it!

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 09:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-11 AT 09:07 PM (EST)

Next time:

Phillip has best day yet

Andrea possibly in danger

Matt really struggling

Julie didn't expect to be the one, says Phillip is the huge problem with the tribe

ETA: This post was supposed to be at the bottom, sorry.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 08:50 PM
This TC is quite tedious.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 08:54 PM
Julie admits she took the shorts.

Time to vote.

Steve votes Phil.

As does Julie.

Ralph: PhilE.

Votes:

Phil
Phil
Phil
Julie
Julie
Julie
Julie
Julie is out!

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 08:55 PM
That was not forecast in the Episode at all.

"Sharing food"
Posted by katethegreat on 04-20-11 at 09:10 PM
Since when did each tribe keep their food separate after a merge? I remember people not sharing food smuggled back from rewards, which was odious, IMO, but I don't remember such a division of rice (all rewards? spices, tarps?) after a merge.

"RE: Sharing food"
Posted by michel on 04-20-11 at 09:41 PM
Jonathan and Ozzy decided that the fish they caught should be kept for their alliance and didn't give the Raros any. It soon led to Jonathan's elimination but the supplies have always been shared.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-20-11 at 09:59 PM
Kate, this is part of Rob's "us vs. them" strategy -- separate shelters/sleeping quarters, separate food, Omes can't eat fish if Zaps catch it, etc.

So even though it seems petty that the Zaps wouldn't share, this was all set up in last week's episode.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-20-11 at 10:04 PM
It's beyond me how Rob could possibly think he'd win the game if it's a majority Zap jury and they know he's clearly the leader of the group that is hell-bent on treating the Zaps as a piece of crap, then had the nerve to expect them to share their rice after everything that has happened.

Posted by CTgirl on 04-20-11 at 10:15 PM
I kept on waiting for Julie or Steve to say that to Phillip when he was going all crazy on them.

Posted by michel on 04-20-11 at 10:36 PM
But everyone has free will so, if asked about it, Rob could simply say something like: "It was to my advantage to keep the tribal mentality. It wasn't because I didn't like you, it's because I didn't want my team to turn on me. I suggested we should keep it separate and they all felt comfortable that way."

The important thing is that we don't hear any Zapateras blaming Rob. Jury questions are usually clearly set up beforehand.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-20-11 at 11:36 PM
One could argue that we've already been given some hints as we've heard two Zaps speak of the "cult" going on in Ometepe as led by Rob, plus the treatment of the Zaps was highlighted tonight with the war over rice and the resentment that obviously was simmering over the last while.

It's certainly something worth keeping an eye on over the next two or three episodes whether there are any further hints that there is some resentment from the Zaps or if it's not being showcased as an issue at all.

You're right that jury questions are often set up in advance -- and it could also work that we're not being showcased this as a potential jury question if Rob doesn't even make the F3 as some people (hi Mr. Roach!) are in the camp of.

Right now, it's too early for me to declare whether Rob would win or lose a F3 vote or not even make the F3 (yep, I'm ambivalent at this point - so many arguments that could go either way).

Posted by dabo on 04-21-11 at 00:18 AM
Even if the Zaps don't figure it out for themselves, how many Omes are going to be on the jury and saying "Oh, it was nothing personal, Rob told us all how to treat you guys."

Posted by Flowerpower on 04-21-11 at 07:17 AM
As we all know, I'd like Rob to win. If he really transforms into RussHell, I wouldn't want him to win. But, Rob is a nice, fun guy. He works hard at camp, he's helpful, he likes to sing, he has a pretty good sense of humor and can be snarky, and he is able to laugh at himself...if I had to be stuck out there, I'd like a Rob with me, too. Am I 100% sure he's going to win, absolutely not. There are definitely others there that could win. I agree that it does seem to point to a Matt vs. Rob clash at the end. Or, as BR speculates, perhaps Rob doesn't even make the F3. If he doesn't, it was his game to lose. But, let's look at it from his point of view. By keep the Ometepe's united to face the Zap tribe, by buddying them up, he is preventing anyone of them from making a connection with the other tribe. That is great strategy to get them all to the end, and in particular for preventing a coo against himself. Hats off to him. So what if we, or the Zaps don't like it? As Rob has always noted, it's a game and he's trying every avenue he knows from his vast Survivor experiences to win a million dollars.

Even with the fish, they can spin it any way they want to, but I would have not eaten that fish either. And, if it works out another way, then the Survivor that spear heads a SUCCESSFUL coo against Rob and takes him out, will ultimately deserve the win in this game. I'm looking forward to how it pans out, and can't wait to see if Rob can play the "perfect" strategy to not only get to the end, but to win the prize as well.

At this point it's going to get fun as we heard Rob in confessional in the preview...."it's all about getting rid of the right person at the right time". Now we are going to be privy as to his thinking on how he's going to start eliminating his own tribe! This I gotta see...

"Zap's Opinion of Ometepe"
Posted by samboohoo on 04-21-11 at 08:06 AM
1. We had David last week upset because he didn't feel like the Ometepes were playing the game.

2. David thinks Rob's move to vote Matty out was brilliant.

3. Julie called the Ometepe tribe a "cult."

4. Natalie was shown telling Rooster they "don't know the plan."

IMO, the Zaps may not really like Rob, but they have no respect for the other Ometepes.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

"Murlonio, Day 27"
Posted by vince3 on 04-20-11 at 08:55 PM
Zaps are eating plenty of their rice, Omes aren't eating much of their rice... at least as a per person portion, that is...

Julie buries Phillips swim trunks/shorts!!! Phillip returns and starts questioning about the missing trunks... and he starts up again, irritating Andrea and everyone else... This could get ugly... visibly UGHly... Now he's using a buff as a loin cloth with his feather headband and holding the machete...

Rob says that there is room to play, but he doesn't know if he will...

David arrives cleaned up for the Jury Box...

Phillip thinks that Steve stole his trunks, while Julie's trying to keep the gigglefits inside... and he gets highlights of all of the fights at camp this week...

Phillip continues to dig a hole that apparently nobody but the Zaps want to bury him in... yet. Even Jeff can't figure out how he's getting from A to B... and Phillip's even interrupting Jeff!

Jeff tries a logic bomb and I don't think it worked... He tries again with Steve's help, and it might've worked maybe... I think Jeff needs some therapist fees this week...

We get on to other members' opinions on the subject and will it affect the game? Jeff asks again who took the shorts and Julie happily claims responsibility, but won't say where they went...

Finally time to vote... Steve is shown voting for Phillip. Julie is shown voting for Phillip. Rooser is shown voting for 'Phile'. no other votes shown.

Tally da votes: Rob doesn't play the HII... Phillip, Phillip, Phillip, Julie, Julie, Julie, Julie, Julie! Guess Julie's claim of responsibility for taking away Phillip's shorts was the swing toward her...

Did anyone vote for her in the voting thread?

"RE: Murlonio, Day 27"
Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 09:04 PM
No. -

"Julie???????????"
Posted by michel on 04-20-11 at 09:12 PM
I've been trying to figure if we've ever seen this before: Nothing in the episode set up Julie's boot. It was Steve that had the confessional after losing immunity, it was Steve vs Phil all episode long, Ashley and Rob put doubt in the viewers' mind that it could be Phil. Phil's last comment before the vote (the tribe will have spoken) seemed designed to tell us the vote wasn't racially motivated and then Julie gets voted out? I guess that's the way to hide the fact that it's still a boring pagonging.

The only time I remember something similar was Cecilia's boot in Cook Islands where she didn't get a confessional at all during her last episode but we still knew it the choice was between Cecilia and Becky. Maybe Erin's boot in Thailand wasn't forseshadowed either but that's a bit too far back.

Anyone remember anything like this?

"RE: Julie???????????"
Posted by vince3 on 04-20-11 at 09:32 PM
I think this is the 3rd complete blindside that we've been handed this season... Very little or no clues leading toward the boot in the promotional clips, and this time we practically got no clue during the episode until maybe when Julie hid Phillip's trunks... and even then it still looked like Phillip/Steve/Rooster... until she freely admitted that she took the trunks at TC, maybe?

Posted by michel on 04-20-11 at 09:44 PM
But I mean during the episode. Even Julie's admission didn't lead anywhere. No one said anything about it so I think the vote against Julie was planned beforehand.

It could indicate that Rob is still paranoid about the idol, probably worried that Steve started the fight because he'd be playing an idol.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-20-11 at 10:04 PM
Idol paranoia could be part of it....but also I think Rob didn't like it when Julie called him out last week about running a cult.

And I'm sure he could have been worried about Julie finding a crack with the Ome women. And certainly Julie is more of a challenge threat overall vs. Steve.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 10:27 PM
But after the ahem duel, Rob said they keep trying to send people to RI who can take out Matt. So Julie was the best choice for that this week?

It really was strange that we saw absolutely no rationale behind the vote at all.

Posted by michel on 04-20-11 at 10:41 PM
> I think Rob
>didn't like it when Julie
>called him out last week
>about running a cult.

That sounds very likely.

Posted by Blind Freddy on 04-20-11 at 10:48 PM
LOLOL...

Well we can't feel too bad about not getting the boot since there was almost no clue at all.

The only barely marginal signs I can remember was Phillip pointing at Julie in the shelter duing Phillip's rant. But even that audio exchange didn't support a Julie boot as Phillip didn't pursue it and turned back on Steve. As SPQ mentioned there is the 'cult' remark by Julie last episode but that is so weak that I doubt it even registered on Rob. Now the Female alliance threat might be on Rob's radar idunno. And you can't count the Julie burying the shorts as a clue since it happened during the show. Are we now supposed to break into the CBS vaults to preview the episode in order to spoil it? LOL

Most bootees that aren't blinsided get a vibe that they are going or are straight out told they are the target. At Julie's arrival at RI she said she had no idea she was the target, she thought Steve/Ralph would go. Why would the Omes blindside Julie when they clearly have the numbers? They wouldn't. My best guess is that maybe it was decided to placate Phillip at TC and we simply were not shown that. Why CBS would hide that is beyond me. Maybe they needed to edit in a sense of justice to offset the whole injection of racism into the episode.

Posted by dabo on 04-20-11 at 10:53 PM
God wouldn't want Matt to beat a woman.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 04-21-11 at 07:25 AM
Possibly CBS had so much material it wanted to show on the conflict that the editors chose to sideline the boot story. Julie was one of three remaining and that was enough. I mean, if an Ometepe other than Phillip had gone, they would have needed to set it up, but there was already a set-up at the beginning of the episode that the three remaining Zaps were most likely toast -- whichever one Rob picked.

It did come off as random.
My guess on Rob's real reason -- the woman's alliance. It would have been 4-4 if they'd saved her 4-3 next time if Ralph and Steve both went first, and F7 is a dangerous time to have that sort of opportunity in the game. But Rob couldn't discuss that with half of his alliance.

Posted by dabo on 04-21-11 at 00:21 AM
Sarahpatra.

Posted by Corvis on 04-21-11 at 09:15 AM
Wow. Never saw that coming.

"Next time on Survivor...."
Posted by Flowerpower on 04-20-11 at 09:06 PM
So happy I saw a happy Robfadda tonight, that was singing again....not the cult leader from last week....

Phillip says he's truly blessed, sitting on a rock at camp in his pink undies...Jeff says that Phillip has his greatest day yet!

See Rob in confessional saying, "it's all about getting rid of the right person at the right time...."

Jiffy: While Andrea could be headed for an early departure. See her at camp...

Meanwhile on RI: Matt says, sitting alone at RI, crying, "I'm so over this game, man"....While Matt sinks to the darkest depths of his soul. "I'm out here wasting away, God's literally been carrying me..."see Matt crying....

Cut to Julie arriving at RI....Here I am at RI, I was not expecting this, I really thought it would be Ralph or Steve, but I'm ok with it...It just was an ugly tribal...there's a poison in that tribe and his name is Phillip. It's kinda nice to be removed from it...and then Julie comes up to the RI shelter and screams, and says, "did I scare you guys?"

"RE: Next time on Survivor...."
Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 09:12 PM
(using patient but slightly irritated voice):

FlowerPower. It's cute that you like Rob. But he is not going to win. He's not going to be in the F3.

"Waves to Brownroach..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 04-20-11 at 09:37 PM
Shall we place a little wager, Mr. Roach?

Who knows, he is definitely a little arrogant, but geez....he's playing with a bunch of novices...it is rather amusing how he's controlled the entire game...so far.

"RE: Waves to Brownroach..."
Posted by michel on 04-20-11 at 09:50 PM
I'd like a piece of that action.

It's Rob or Matt even if someone is trying to get herself back in contention. No, not Andrea. That could be next week but I don't count previews until we actually see them.

Posted by CTgirl on 04-20-11 at 09:57 PM
Natalie? She was very poised and deliberate in answering Jeff's question about Phillip's and Steve's feelings about the racial rice war.

Posted by michel on 04-20-11 at 10:03 PM
Yes, and I feel that Jeff's comment about dealing with it in a game for a million makes that important.

Since I'm in teaser mode: Someone else made a diplomatic comment that I liked.

"Diplomatic remark..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 04-20-11 at 10:10 PM
Uh, Michel, I believe that was...first name, Boston, last name, Rob...?

"RE: Diplomatic remark..."
Posted by michel on 04-20-11 at 10:47 PM
I won't have anything to write in the editing thread!

I also wanted to add that I was impressed with the way Jeff handled the situation. He asked question, let everyone contribute then he defused the situation by saying both could be saying the truth.

"It's Bizarro World!"
Posted by dabo on 04-20-11 at 10:47 PM
Therapist Jeff Probst. Who knew?

"RE: It's Bizarro World!"
Posted by Brownroach on 04-20-11 at 11:21 PM
That was the tedious aspect of TC.

Posted by dabo on 04-21-11 at 00:02 AM
Agree. On the one hand, Jeff did a damn good therapy session and actually seemed sane himself. On the other hand, he totally doused the "explosive" Tribal we were told to expect. He may have saved Phil, we'll never know what would have happened had he not stepped in that way but Zap might have gotten the two votes they needed.

Can't really fault Jeff, though. Once Phillip started tossing around the n-word they must have gone bonkers in the production offices, if it hadn't been resolved by the end of the episode there would have been hell to pay for at least a week, maybe the rest of the season.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-21-11 at 00:20 AM
But did the Zaps even talk to anyone about voting Phillip? We know Rob has everyone on communication lockdown so I doubt it. I think it was just their little pipe dream that never even got off the ground.

Posted by dabo on 04-21-11 at 00:25 AM
We weren't shown it, other than telling Rob. But, geez, did they have to march to Tribal chanting, "We're Voting Phillip, Hur-rah Hur-rah!" It did seem obvious at Tribal actually, I'll have to check on that later.

Posted by tribephyl on 04-21-11 at 04:11 AM
The scene has the three zaps talking about being tired of Phillip and Steve says to Rob that the three of them are going to vote for Phil. Suggesting they use that knowledge to potentially..you know, get rid of the crazy.

My thought was that they told the wrong person. More than likely Grant was sitting in the other chair at the same time as Rob was listening to Steve but under those circumstances I can see why they wouldn't mention it to other Ometepe.

Or if Rob did bring it back to the table for the Omes, that wasn't shown.

Better luck had they talked to two of The 3 Degrees about it.
Ashley is interested. Andrea might have been able to have been talked into it. However, Ratalie is likely to spill it to Rob.

Posted by samboohoo on 04-21-11 at 08:11 AM
I thought Steve said something about it at camp loudly enough for all to hear. He did say it at TC.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Brownroach on 04-21-11 at 09:58 AM
Yes you and tribe are right Steve did bring it up in camp. I just meant it didn't seem like there was any follow through after that to really get people on board for it.

Posted by dabo on 04-21-11 at 12:19 PM
Steve at TC right before the vote:

"We've got three votes going that way and hoping one or two others might be getting tired of him as we are."

Posted by Corvis on 04-21-11 at 09:17 AM
I completely agree. And I felt bad for Steve.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-20-11 at 10:59 PM
Gosh, what a boring episode. And I'm sorry, that was a lame TC that didn't come close to living up to the hype.

A few things that stood out:

- Matt vs. Rob showdown. Some great stuff tonight! Rob says "if he comes back and beats me, it's over." Matt says "if it's God's will, I'll continue to win and try to take out Rob" and then he knocks over the house of cards -- symbolic? Also, Probst tweets/hints again tonight that RI is going to be important: "Rob is right -- the RI element is going 2 play huge in the end especially depending who is on the jury. This is far from over." (BTW, Jeff also tweeted that Rob's the best player who's never won, hmmm.)

- Andrea's "early departure" on the Next Time preview is probably just a decoy, but I do think she was not playing smart when she did so well in the challenge this week, esp. after winning last week. Heck, Rob's ego was already bruised when he dropped out early on both ICs last week....then she just about beats him on a puzzle of all things. It's going to make Rob nervous, especially with the potential of Matt coming back and/or on the jury. Ashley played it much smarter when she loudly said at the IC that she sucks. I think she has to be purposely not doing well in the challenges. It's also smart of her to say "I'd rather die than keep Phil around" because Rob is going to want his F3 goats to not team up on him.

- Hope I'm wrong, but Phillip's quote about how he's come full circle with Rob but is "pursuing the million and I'll be here at the end" seemed to indicate he's destined for the end game. I also liked Natalie's TC quote. But Rob's "1 man shouldn't have that much power but I'm glad I do" quote seems to continue his arrogant edit and doesn't bode well for him.

Had mentioned this last week too, but a jury of 9 really does add a curve ball to Rob's game. If Matt (or Mike) come back, Rob's in big trouble. If he's smart he'll send his assassin Grant to knock them out soon -- or will he want to keep Grant around to beat the RI returnee?

Posted by dabo on 04-21-11 at 01:30 AM
I think Rob is in big trouble no matter what. But after tonight his chances are slightly better should he get to Final with Phillip.