URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7646
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Boston Rob Facebook page - possible spoiler"

Posted by Travel_Queen on 04-02-11 at 05:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-11 AT 07:51 PM (EST)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"who should I take to the final 3"

truth or misdirection?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Boston Rob Facebook page - possible spoiler"
Posted by michel on 04-02-11 at 06:26 PM
Travel Queen, could you edit and break up that line of xx. They are messing with the whole margin of the page.

Posted by dabo on 04-02-11 at 08:56 PM
Rob likes his games. Could be his undoing..

Keep on him, see what else he posts.

I vote:
Grant
Andrea

Posted by michel on 04-02-11 at 09:15 PM
If he has his choice, it would have to be between Natalie, Ashley (the spa girls) and Phillip.

Posted by dabo on 04-02-11 at 09:24 PM
Agree, those would be the three he would prefer to decide from. Grant, it's nothing personal, Rob just needs to give himself the best shot at making an immunity run late in the game, he goes as soon as the Pagonging is done if Rob has his way. Fortunately, some great challenge fighter will be coming back in late, Rob can't do anything about Redemption Island, so Rob may not make F3 anyway.

Posted by kingfish on 04-02-11 at 09:24 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-11 AT 10:40 AM (EST)

It would be hard to vote against Rob being at F3 even without any spoilerish info, he seems to have everything going his way and to be very capable of thwarting any efforts by ill-wishers despite the possible bad turns that Matt returning (if he does) and the upcoming merge might pose.

But he is a mischievous bloke, and this update could just be a misdirect. It could just be his idea of fun. And a long shot bet might be that this is possibly an indication of an upcoming boot to RI.

Real bona fide info so obviously posted might pose a kinda risky legal liability problem at the moment.

That being said, if he is at F3, his preference would be the spa girls, IMO. He would want 100% Ometepes, and of them he could lose to Grant (close call), he'd lose to Andrea or Matt (guessing that Matt or Andrea might tip the balance for the other there). Phillip would probably vote for Rob in this situation, in fact I think Rob would consider Phillip's vote a lock if his choice was either of the girls or himself.

Tribal Art

Posted by dabo on 04-02-11 at 09:28 PM
Rob asked permission before the All-Stars finale to propose live on TV to Amber, he owes everything he has to Survivor (said so himself before HvV), I'm betting he got a green flag here.

Posted by kingfish on 04-02-11 at 09:43 PM
They do love him. And you're right, they'd probably let it go.

Still, they don't control the TC votes or the RI challenge (we assume), and IF he were about to be booted to RI, the perfect time to post a mischievous misdirect would be right before his surprise boot.

It would almost be an April 1 prank.

I'd like to see it, but I don't expect to.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-02-11 at 11:08 PM
Good idea about an April 1 prank.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 04-02-11 at 10:33 PM
I know that CBS is all over the contestant Facebook pages this season. They are watching, and the contestants have been given strict instructions to behave.

I think Rob is too savvy to post any kind of spoiler on his.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-02-11 at 11:07 PM
Agree that Rob's too savvy and wouldn't bite the hand that's fed him.

Of course, if they didn't punish Russell, how could they do anything to Rob for something relatively minor like this?

Jeff's been pimping that Rob is finally on Twitter and going on about his man crush on Rob. So if anything, I feel like Jeff and the CBS PR machine are encouraging this.

"Andrea..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-03-11 at 11:04 AM
... was just told a few days ago to stop using Twitter altogether until June. She was posting on a daily basis up until now and not giving anything away in the first place.

From her twitter page on March 30th:
hey guys, it has been fun. but I will not be tweeting til June. Then...you better watch OUT! peace and love.

"RE: Andrea..."
Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-03-11 at 03:00 PM
Hey Pepe, I saw that tweet from Andrea too and posted it another thread. So do you know for sure that it was because of CBS that she stopped? Jeff was just pimping that Rob's finally on twitter and to go check him out a day or two ago, so I would find it very telling if some players are "allowed" to and others are not. I know Matt has also been on Twitter but haven't checked his out in the last few days.

Posted by Travel_Queen on 04-02-11 at 11:09 PM
I don't think he is saying he is F3, or it's misdirection; I think he's just watching himself like we are and as a character is asking..who he should take to F3. Similar to the Jeff tweets each week. Open ended current questions.

Did anyone see that CBS shows next week will have all their shows have "live" tweeting from cast members, like Daniel Dae Kim on Hawaii Five O. So definitly, Rob got the green light from CBS to be a little mischievious, he hasn't actually responded to any of the comments.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 04-02-11 at 11:26 PM
I agree, Travel Queen, he is asking from the POV of being in the game, with the cockiness that Rob has of the game in the bag ... asking fans to say who they think he should take.

If he is F3, I am not entirely sure he would say that, but he might.
It is not a spoiler though, I am sure of that. Defining spoiler as something accidentally let slip that reveals the truth ... no.

Posted by Corvis on 04-03-11 at 10:18 AM
"If he is F3, I am not entirely sure he would say that, but he might."

Yeah, it makes me think he's not in the F3.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-03-11 at 02:57 PM
Agree that it's easier to throw out the hypothetical when you know it's not going to happen.

Posted by Belle Book on 04-03-11 at 06:44 PM
Although it's possible that Boston Rob's just asking it from the POV of himself as a character, thinking about potential partners for the F3, I have to agree that he's throwing it out because he knows it's not going to happen -- i.e., Boston Rob will make the jury but not the F3.

I find it interesting that Andrea is not going to do any more posting on Facebook or Twitter until June. Could that mean she is in the F3?

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-03-11 at 08:48 PM
I find it interesting that Andrea is not going to do any more posting on Facebook or Twitter until June. Could that mean she is in the F3?

That's what I was wondering when I had posted it in another thread. Then again, if CBS told ALL the players they can't post until June, then it means nothing. But I'm not so sure about the CBS edict, because Jeff's been pimping Rob's new twitter account and Jeff himself is tweating during each episode. If only certain players were told they they can't be on FB and Twitter, then that is very interesting.

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 04-03-11 at 10:01 PM
Don't mean to rain on this parade, but we really have no way of knowing that this is really Rob's facebook page. If you look for him on Facebook, there are multiple Rob Marianos as well as multiple Boston Rob Marianos. So, given that we have no proof that this is really him, I find it hard to believe that he would post this. I think someone else is doing the posting.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-03-11 at 10:13 PM
Yeah I just went and checked to see if I could find the Facebook account that had this "who should I take to the final 3?" bit. Here it is... the Facebook page.

It certainly looks like one that someone else created in his name -- in the "About" section at the left, this is what is put down:
Rob In 2009, became one of just nine contestants to play the game three times, and competed in Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains. He is known for wearing his Boston Red Soxs hat hence the name Boston Rob.

That certainly isn't a 'personal touch' by any long shot, and if you look at the gallery, there's a lot of pics with the watermarks "WireImage" and "gettyimages" on it.

I'd say we've been taken for a ride by somebody just having a little fun out there.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 04-03-11 at 11:16 PM
My bad, I thought the page ownership was verified ...
Just another fan page then.
I don't use Facebook much (anyone here who is Friends with me knows just how little), but I have looked around enough to see that current players typically have a personal Facebook where the Wall is set to Friends only, and a fan page that is sanctioned but they don't do the posting, which everyone can see and anyone can join as a friend.

Plus there are unofficial fan pages.

"Vote Change!"
Posted by dabo on 04-04-11 at 01:13 AM
Well, that's that. Still, had it been the real deal, he posted in the form of a poll, just like him to make a distracting game.

I was intending to change my vote, so let's salvage a little something here. It could be he does take three to final, he just isn't one of them.

Andrea, Grant, Matt.