URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7644
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"E8 Title - 'This Game Respects Big Moves'"

Posted by Blind Freddy on 03-30-11 at 07:23 PM
'This Game Respects Big Moves'

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: E8 Title - 'This Game Respects Big Moves'"
Posted by HitmanPayne on 03-30-11 at 07:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-11 AT 07:35 PM (EST)

Hmmm wonder who this is about? Possibly Phil/Andrea? Or Rob/Phil feud? Or Maybe a potential blindside of Ralph?

Posted by Krautboy on 03-30-11 at 07:47 PM
The only people out there who have enough experience to know what "The Game" repects, would be Rob or Jeff Probst.

The only other player out there who might talk about the game in those terms could be Phillip, who is always talking about the "big move" he's going to make, but never does....

Krautboy

Posted by HitmanPayne on 03-30-11 at 07:49 PM
Now that I think about it, That does indeed sound like a Rob Quote. I don't see a quote waiting ALL THE WAY until the challenge or tribal to be said during the episode.

Posted by Brownroach on 03-30-11 at 08:19 PM
Phillip just mentioned making a big move at the duel in tonight's ep. Rob is onto him. Looks like that's what this will be about.

Posted by HitmanPayne on 03-30-11 at 08:26 PM
Which must mean that maybe Zap goes to TC tonight if the quote continues into next week.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-30-11 at 09:48 PM
>The only people out there who
>have enough experience to know
>what "The Game" repects, would
>be Rob or Jeff Probst.

Maybe it's "The Game" (a.k.a. the poster Missyae) who is getting voted out for good.

Posted by kingfish on 03-30-11 at 10:44 PM
That imposter. It's about time.

Tribal Art

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-30-11 at 07:38 PM
I wonder if it's the merge.

Posted by Brownroach on 03-30-11 at 09:18 PM
It is, as per the preview. And the RI duel winner rejoins the game.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-30-11 at 09:26 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-11 AT 09:27 PM (EST)

>>> And the RI duel winner rejoins the game.

That's what I've been expecting.

The loser of the duel should be out of the game completely. It would be unfair to have one person get two shots.

This would be a perfect time for a double boot to replenish RI for Ep 9 duel, but there's never been a true double boot post-merge.

What they could do, I suppose, is make Ep 9 two TC cycles. The first one would not have a duel, because only the Ep 8 VO (voted off) would be on RI (similar to Ep 2).

The second cycle would feature the Ep 8 VO and the first VO of Ep 9. Then in Ep 10, the winner would duel the VO of the second Ep 9 TC, and so forth.

Posted by kingfish on 03-30-11 at 10:49 PM
They would get a double boot if the RI duel loser goes, and the TC VO is also eliminated. No more RI after this?

Of course, the whole RI thing pretty much would be a fizzle if it happened this way.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-30-11 at 11:33 PM
kingfish,
RI continues. We learned about RI from the filming call sheets that were left in a hotel room or something for Days 34 and 35. There is a duel at F5. So we know that.

Posted by dabo on 03-31-11 at 09:04 PM
The call sheets by themselves could have been a plant. I'll have to check the RI Spec thread, isn't there a link there to Probst or MB saying something about RI lasting 36 days?

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-31-11 at 09:56 PM
The call sheets were found in the trash. I highly doubt they were a plant. If they were going to mock up fake call sheets, they could leave them somewhere sure to be found.

There were call sheets that turned up for the LOST Finale too. They were 100% legit. It happens.

Posted by dabo on 03-31-11 at 10:44 PM
Yes, it happens, and that would be going to elaborate lengths for no guaranteed payoff. I just thought the call sheets were backed up by something Probst or MB had said, putting two and two together. I will check on that.

If the call sheets are a ruse we would know soon enough anyway.

Posted by Travel_Queen on 04-01-11 at 10:54 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-11 AT 10:57 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-01-11 AT 10:55 AM (EST)

I hate to brag (well not really), but I was one of the ones who found the LOST call sheet. I have a picture of us with it..which of course we didn't post. This was in March 2010; we were walking along a stretch of beach near the beach camp (Police Beach), and decided to cut into the jungle area which is off limits, we were really looking for dharma beer cans or Apollo bar wrappers..and came across the call sheet, crumpled, but legible. It had info for about 3 episodes.

edited to make sure it was the LOST call sheet, not Survivor!

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-01-11 at 09:30 PM
Wow, very cool Travel Queen!

"Press Release"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-31-11 at 06:02 PM
The winner of the Redemption Island Duel reenters the game only to find themselves in the middle of a merge, ON "SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6

"This Game Respects Big Moves" — The former tribes have big plans for one castaway who has the potential to change the game. Meanwhile, this same castaway grapples with the decision of whether to make the powerful move, on SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND, Wednesday, April 6 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"RE: Press Release"
Posted by Brownroach on 03-31-11 at 06:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-11 AT 06:32 PM (EST)

Thanks for posting this, VG.

Obviously the main blurb is referring to Matt (I'm not even entertaining the notion that Sarita will return).

The former tribes have big plans for one castaway who has the potential to change the game. Meanwhile, this same castaway grapples with the decision of whether to make the powerful move

This implies that the former tribes are going to stay intact, with the exception of one person who is a question mark. I could see both former tribes having "big plans" for Matt, if they both try to woo him. But joining up with the Zaps is not a powerful move for Matt if he does it by himself -- all it serves to do is even up the numbers. And Matt has expressed no disloyalty to Ometepe.

Phillip could be the one contemplating the move. We know he wants to take down Rob eventually. Loree proposed a scenario in which Phillip infiltrates the Zaps to get intel. Phillip may try to act as a double agent, and then ultimately have to decide which way he's going.

Posted by Krautboy on 03-31-11 at 07:20 PM
A few episodes back we were shown the encounter between Andrea and Phillip, when Phillip told Andrea that she was the best worker of the Ometepe girls and that he felt more of a bond with her than anyone else on the tribe.

During that same exchange he also layed out his plan for the three of them to create an alliance when Matt returned to the game. Phillip appeared to think he had an agreement with Andrea...Andrea may not have felt quite the same way.

That scene foreshadowed Matt's return to the game and set the stage for a potentially "bold move" by Phillip, Andrea and Matt, if they can get together and cooperate.

The editing at the duels has also set the stage for Andrea's dilemma of how to relate to Matt...I think her jealousy will fade and she will reunite.

We could potentially be face with three alliances:

Ometepe: Rob, Grant, Natalie, Ashley

Zapatera: Mike, Steve, Julie, Ralph, David

Outsiders: Phillip, Andrea and Matt

Phillip, Andrea, and Matt could sit back and let Ometepe and Zapatera target each other while their voting block of three can go back and forth picking off old Omes and old Zaps until those three have the numbers to take control.

David could also make a "bold move" and team up with Matt thereby taking control of Andrea and Phillips vote as well...

The merge will be fun to watch!

Krautboy

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-31-11 at 08:33 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-11 AT 08:48 PM (EST)

Great thoughts there, Krautboy! I'm with you. I have had a feeling it would not be a straight pagonging all along. I think the end game players this season are definitely going to be worthy. It should be great fun to watch. That's why I think confessionals, counts and analysis, are helpful this year. It seems as if Mike has been the major narrator for the Zap tribe, and as a major competitor, I look for him to be an early target, along with Steve.

And, btw, thanks so much for posting the Misdirection clues this week, VG!

The winner of the Redemption Island Duel reenters the game only to find themselves in the middle of a merge, Obviously, I think this is Matt.

"This Game Respects Big Moves" — The former tribes have big plans for one castaway who has the potential to change the game. The former tribes, Zaps and Omes have big plans to entice Matt, the RI winner, to join with them and vote with them...

Meanwhile, this same castaway grapples with the decision of whether to make the powerful move

Meanwhile, Matt, the RI winner, grapples with the decision of whether to make the powerful move.....could be with Zaps, or could be with Phillip and Andrea...but, do we really think that Andrea would join forces with Phillip....would she trust him? I think Andrea is definitely too timid to do a big move like this, and I think that Matt is still too naiive to. I think they will have to ponder what exactly to do....in the beginning, as Krautboy suggests, I think they will talk, but vote along Ometepe lines, until they are more secure as a group. If David were to join up with them, they could indeed be dangerous, but, would Phillip be the second fiddle to David...I don't know? As we all know, he's such a loose canon!

I agree, it will be fun to watch. I am excited to see how David reacts to the events to come. I am so glad it was Sarita this past week...

ETA: Just was reviewing the Insider transcripts that James Barber transcribed from ep 7 and noted this comment by Matt. It pertains to his thoughts and frame of mind:

I definitely think I'm gaining a lot of strategic points from everyone that comes to Redemption Island. Stephanie offered up a ton of info on her tribe that pretty much inside information."

(cut)

"Judging by what she said about the people that they are, I think I'd like to stick with my own Ometepe tribe, but you can't judge a book by what just a few people say; you have to find out for yourself. She definitely provided me with some valuable information. From a strategy standpoint I feel like I'm probably in the best spot in the game, knowing pretty much what both sides are doing.

What's interesting is that Matt is getting sour grapes from all the bootees...let's see how he assimilates all of this info...I suppose his prior relationship with Andrea and what her assessments are will carry alot of weight with Matt.
:

Posted by Krautboy on 03-31-11 at 08:19 PM
Thanks VG!

>The winner of the Redemption Island
>Duel reenters the game only
>to find themselves in the
>middle of a merge, ON
>"SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND," WEDNESDAY, APRIL
>6

Matt finds himself in the "middle" because he's being pulled from multiple directions.

>
>"This Game Respects Big Moves" —
>The former tribes have big
>plans for one castaway who
>has the potential to change
>the game.

The Omes and Zaps vie for Matt's vote

Meanwhile, this same
>castaway grapples with the decision
>of whether to make the
>powerful move, on SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION
>ISLAND, Wednesday, April 6 (8:00-9:00
>PM ET/PT) on the CBS
>Television Network.

Matt will be presented with a plan to make a "powerful move", but "grapples" with his decision.

Who has the plan for the powerful move?
Rob, Phillip and David are the likely candidates here.

What are the possible powerful moves?
Flushing either idol would be a powerful move.
Changing the balance of power, by flipping to the Zaps and voting out a former Ometepe would be powereful.
Forming a new alliance seperate from the old Ometepe or Zapatera.

Does Matt decide to make the powerful move?
Matt appears to be safe. If he is content with the Ometepe tribe and trusts Rob, he doesn't have to do anything this week and can decline the bold move offers.

If he decides to align with Phillip and Andrea, that move would be more passive and not described as "bold".

If he doesn't trust the tribe that blindsided him before, he would have to make the move now, in order to have his move even up the numbers.

Krautboy

Posted by tribephyl on 03-31-11 at 08:45 PM
The trouble I have with Matt being in the middle is because of Rooster's insistence (after the RI Duel) that Matt couldn't be counted on to flip to their side.
Knowing that he won't flip before he even gets back in makes me believe that the Zaps will be turning their attention to someone else who 'might' flip.
IOW, the castaway grappling with the powerful move will not be Matt.

I'm thinking Phillip is the one. And while Loree's scenario is almost too good to believe, I can see a similar scenario playing out.
Being of the same age bracket as most of the Zaps he will be drawn to their work ethic blahbliddityblahblah.
Perhaps, Phillip shares his feelings of distrust of Rob with the Zaps, maybe even agreeing to vote him out.
He may even dangle the idea that Andrea and Matt are with him.
But they aren't and he won't.
A Zap goes.
Most likely Mike in my book.

Yes, this game respects big moves but Phillip chokes.

(and without having made a big move he'll get voted out the following week)

Posted by Brownroach on 04-01-11 at 11:05 AM
I think the Zaps will attempt to recruit Matt regardless -- they need anyone they can get, and they can point out that Matt can't trust the Omes since the Omes already voted him out once.

In that sense all the clues can refer to Matt (what "big plans" would the Omes have for Phillip, other than to vote him out?) but I agree that Phillip is the one engineering the big move, it won't be Matt himself. Matt will have to decide whether to go along with it.

I also agree that the move won't come to fruition and a Zap pagonging will commence.

Posted by Belle Book on 03-31-11 at 08:50 PM
I don't think Matt makes the powerful move -- at least, not yet. I think he, Andrea and Phillip will align and will simply wait for Omenotepe and Zapatera to battle each other before trying to take charge -- well, at least Andrea and Phillip will wait since Matt may be too naive.

Posted by Corvis on 03-31-11 at 09:07 PM
Yep, that's what I am thinking too. Since we're talking about this over here instead of the vidcap thread, I'll repost my thoghts here:

Talking about jumping and all that made me take a look at the alliances right now and see what's there.

We have Ometepe: Rob, Ashley, Natalie, Grant as the core four with Andrea and Phillip as numbers five and six.

We have Zappy: Steve, Mike, Ralph, Julie and David.

We have Matt (I'm assuming he comes back in the game).

As Matt looks at things, it makes no sense for him to align with Zappy as that creates a tie vote. His best bet is to stay quiet, vote with the majority, and make inroads with people as the two tribes fight for the upper hand.

If he's smart (and that's a big if admittedly), Phillip won't jump ship either at this point for the same reason. Even if he got Andrea to jump with him, it makes no sense to be the bottom two of a seven person alliance. They're better off as five and six in the Ometepe alliance.

If I were Phillip, Andrea and Matt, I'd wait until there were two Zappy's left and then form a five person alliance that gets rid of the Ometepe Four. Probably with Julie and David since Steve, Mike and Ralph will be the targets first.

Of course, if I were Rob, I'd take out two Zappys (Mike and Ralph?) and then get rid of Phillip or Matt.

Now this all assumes everyone's going to make a smart move (at least I think they're smart moves...), but of course we know Survivors make bad moves all the time!

Posted by dabo on 03-31-11 at 09:10 PM
Meanwhile, this same castaway grapples with the decision of whether to make the powerful move

This screams to me that Matt wins the duel. If Sarita won she returns to Zapatera as a hero, Zapatera has achieved parity with Ometepe, jumping only foolishly ensures she would get zero votes at Final. The only big move Sarita has to make is win the duel, no decision to grapple with.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 04-01-11 at 05:59 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-11 AT 06:06 AM (EST)

The former tribes have big plans for one castaway who has the potential to change the game. Meanwhile, this same castaway grapples with the decision of whether to make the powerful move

I agree with tribe's point that the Zaps have no cause for hope with Matt.
Problem with Phillip as the "one" and the "same" castaway here is that only one of the tribal factions i.e. the "former tribes" would be likely to have "big plans" for Phillip.

The first part of this teaser doesn't fit Phillip, and both parts of the teaser are about the same player. Nor does it fit very well if Phillip's "potential to change the game" involved flipping. Big plans on both sides suggests that both sides have somewhat the same ambition for the player -- almost certainly to recruit him. Ometepe isn't going to recruit Phillip because he already belongs to them.

Matt is a big piece to capture for either tribal faction or the minor alliance at Ometepe. Matt's allegiance has the "potential to change the game."

"Grapples" is a word often used for people of faith who are wrestling with some demon or thorny ethical problem or temptation. Specifically, Christ grappled with Satan in the Wilderness. The writers seem to be embracing the spiritual tropes when it comes to Matt.

I am sure Phillip is capable of using the term grappling, but it doesn't work as neatly as it does with Matt emulating his Lord's path. (I think someone in the game might say this.)

You've got to figure that this whole plot could last about five minutes once they get back to camp. Maybe ten. Then Matt makes his choice and they move on to the question of how to flush out Ralph's idol.

I could see Rob saying the title quote.
It would be a big move to hang on to his idol.

It's possible that Agent Phillip would go into enemy territory and pretend to defect so as to gather intel on what the plan to do with the idol.

"Hell hath no fury ..."
Posted by Georjanna on 04-01-11 at 06:58 AM
I loved the assessment of Matt's future in the Game by Jeff Probst (a Scorpio) in his blog of Episode 6:

"MATT – The undisputed underdog. If he can win long enough to get back in the game, people better watch out. I have a feeling that even his faith will not be able to contain his desire to get even."

Matt is, of course, a Gemini. But he has a Scorpio Moon ...

It had a familiar ring, don't you know.

"RE: Hell hath no fury ..."
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 04-01-11 at 07:35 AM
hey, I have one of those Scorpio moon thingies!

I can't argue, I am all about revenge. It's all true about Scorpion moons. Although the higher octave of Scorpio is Eagle, which soars above.

Matt called Rob a sneaky conniver on a recent tweet.

"RE: Hell hath no fury ..."
Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-01-11 at 10:30 AM
Georjanna, thanks for reminding me about Jeff's "better watch out for Matt" blog comment. Late last night I noticed this on Andrea's twitter and thought hmmm:

"hey guys, it has been fun. but I will not be tweeting til June. Then...you better watch OUT! peace and love."

I suppose this could be total coincidence...and I suppose she's not tweeting until June because of college or something, but still it seems interesting. I've felt from the beginning that Andrea and Matt are getting good edits and seem to be the only other real contenders vs. Rob. (I also love Grant and would like to see him lose the Rob worship, but don't hold out as much hope for him based on his edit so far.)

P.S. Re this week's clues: I agree with everyone that it seems to be all about Matt. Maybe since he's the 1st RI returnee ever they're hyping it for all it's worth. But just wondering if CBS has ever done 3 separate clues all about the same person/situation before? (Maybe Russell, ha). Just wondering if it seems too obvious and we're overlooking something? Could David and/or Andrea fit the clues? (Agree w/OFG that Phillip doesn't seem to fit the clues as written.) Maybe the web promo will confirm if it's truly all about Matt and/or point us in a new storyline direction when it comes out.

"Just another thought......."
Posted by Woogie on 04-01-11 at 05:44 AM
There are lots of theories going on with "Big move" and "Crazy TC". And I do really like all those ideas. Especially about Phillip being double agent and stuff.

There is also stuffs involving Matt has Immunity as a returnee(as they did in Pearl Islands) and 2 HII being played. Also some thoughts on 2 Individual Immunity being given after the merge.

My thoughts are, after 22 seasons and after they saw what happened to Eric in Micronesia, could anyone gives up his/her Individual Immunity to anyone? Could this be possible? 2 or 3 Individual Immunity and 2 HII being played or change there holder at on TC be crazy enough?

"RE: Just another thought......."
Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-01-11 at 10:42 AM
could anyone gives up his/her Individual Immunity to anyone?

I think Rob is too smart to make an HII mistake this time around. He already told us he learned from his past mistakes. However, if Rob wins the IC this week, would he secretly give the HII to Grant if Grant's the alt target and pull a Russell-type move? Farfetched but who knows. It would be jaw dropping.

Then again, if Rob continues to keep his HII a secret from his own alliance and then plays it at the next TC, that would also be jaw dropping. (But would that put a chink in his alliance's loyalty and ultimately set up Rob's demise?)

Re Rooster and his HII: Jeff did have those early blog hints about Rooster not using the HII smartly.

Posted by Corvis on 04-01-11 at 11:45 AM
(But would that put a chink in his alliance's loyalty and ultimately set up Rob's demise?)

I think this is likely. If they find out Rob has had the idol for a while, Grant, in particular might be angry for being played.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-01-11 at 12:07 PM
I don't think they'd be angry, but it might wake them up to the fact that Rob is a slick player.

If the revelation of Rob's idol were going to cause serious friction later I think that would be getting developed in the editing now. As far as the Ome girls are aware, no one's found another clue since Kristina played hers, but we never hear them wonder about that. We don't see Grant trying to find the idol and getting frustrated. The hii is not being edited as a serious issue for the rest of the tribe.

Phillip, of course, would probably blow up about it but I don't think anyone else would.

Posted by dabo on 04-01-11 at 12:12 PM
But Phillip would frontside him about it. The others would get together behind Rob's back. Whether they do or don't, Rob won't ever know for certain.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-01-11 at 02:56 PM
If the revelation of Rob's idol were going to cause serious friction later I think that would be getting developed in the editing now.

BR, don't you think Rob and the HII have been edited to be a pretty important recurring storyline? E.g., he switched the clues and pulled the wool over Grant, the whole Phillip/Rob/Grant stealth conversation at the reward, and then Rob throwing the last clue into the volcano.

I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come back to bite Rob in some way.

P.S. I still don't get it that the girls and Grant aren't doing more to find the HII. I'm still holding out the hope that they're not that stupid/lazy and we're not being shown it for reason, but my hopes aren't high .

Posted by Brownroach on 04-01-11 at 03:57 PM
The Rob/hii footage is entertaining, that's the main reason we're seeing it. It shows Rob off as an inventive and much smarter player than his tribemates.

What right would they have to be upset with Rob that he didn't share it? You find the clue, you find the idol, it's yours. You're not obligated to tell anyone that you found it.

And I do think they are that stupid/lazy that they aren't looking for it.

Posted by Corvis on 04-01-11 at 04:16 PM
The one who really has reason to be mad is Grant. He thinks he's right with Rob and finding the clues. When he realizes that Rob had lead him on by pretending to not have the idol, he's bound to be annoyed. He's a sports guy - believes strongly in teamwork - he's going to feel betrayed by Rob. I think it'll be a moment for Grant to reconsider how much he really trusts Rob, if Rob does that. However, your point about them not editing it as a big deal is a good one. There haven't been any confessionals from Grant talking about how great it is that he and Rob are working together to find the idol that I can remember. He had one confessional where he just talked about how they found a clue. Mostly, it's been all Rob's show.

Most likely, Rob will tell his allies about it ahead of time. He's a very smart player.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 04-01-11 at 05:09 PM
I also think this could come back to bite Rob, and it would be Grant who would feel played. They are relocating to another camp for the merge.

I think that they are told to bring everything, so they guess it is the merge, which blatantly gives Rob a head's up from production to go unbury his idol and bring it with.

He has a very short window of time to share with Grant that he has it. Will he think to do so?

Rob hiding the clues from everyone has become a running gag, but it certainly could come back to bite him. I don't see any need to set it up with Grant confessionals. It's obvious where Grant's head is at -- team player.

There's a long history in Survivor of allies getting upset when they realize that an ally is playing an individual game in advance of the point they have agreed it's every man for himself. That's exactly why Matt got bounced. It wasn't even true, but out he went.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-01-11 at 05:21 PM
I think if Rob feels pressured to use the hii this week he would tell his allies before TC. He can concoct a story that he found it earlier in the day and didn't want to say anything because Phillip was lurking around, or something like that. They'll believe whatever he tells them.

Posted by kiki_k on 04-01-11 at 05:33 PM
I agree with this assessment. While I think Rob is *hoping* to be able to keep the HII secret for the time post-merge when it is just Ometepes left & they have to turn on each other, *if* he feels he *has* to play the HII at the first TC post-merge, he will pull Grant (and possibly the rest of Ometepes) aside & concoct a story how he found it early that day, blah, blah, blah. He has been slick enough so far to lull them along. He'll be able to do it again if this scenario comes up.

I do disagree that Rob's HII will come back to bite him in the butt. His first words about it were that he "learned his lesson" from his disregarding it the last time & that he wasn't going to tell the others because he "wanted it for me." The clue clips have been included because they are entertaining and funny -- I don't think there is anything ominous behind them.

Posted by dabo on 04-01-11 at 07:06 PM
The easiest explanation (though utterly false) would be that he didn't want to risk blabbermouth Phillip knowing and letting Zap know, so he told no one and kept playing as if he hadn't found it.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 04-01-11 at 07:08 PM
You may well be right. I think it could go either way, but have no firm opinion.

I would say though that "learned his lesson" was in respect to whether idols can be ignored in favor of playing "old school." He learned that idols are game-changers.

Be that as it may, Rob has never had an idol before, and I have some question as to whether he has studied all the ways they have worked in the past. He is a very smart player.

Actually, Rob can only concoct a story about finding the idol that day if he has actually been away from the tribe. But yeah, I expect he will say that he stumbled onto it, and he most likely will have a meeting without Agent Sheppard being read in.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-01-11 at 09:44 PM
Even if Rob concocts the Phillip cover story, Grant will likely know that it's not entirely true because he was involved in the HII search earlier on. That's why I'm hoping that Rob's HII will be a wake up call for Grant.

There was also this hint from Jeff in his blog:
"But if that trust is ever broken, my hunch is that Grant will turn on Rob and vote him out."

Posted by Chillicrab on 04-02-11 at 00:07 AM
They do seem to have time away from the rest to "stumble onto" a HII. Rob, at least, was away for some time for the crispy brown rice conflict to occur, so concocting a story, and having his secret fun with us the viewers, for "these amateurs" should be quite easy.
It is JeffP's Grant might vote him out if he realises Rob betrayed and fooled him that seems omnious. Wonder if Grant only knew about the clue swap that Rob did after it was televised or did he smell the parchment and realised there is no coffee smell.;)

It would be epic, if Rob wins immunity, know Zaps are targeting Grant, hands it over to Grant before the voting, throwing the Zaps to have a knee jerk reaction to vote for him, then whips out his HII before the vote is counted. Pure speculation here. We do know Rob is a calculated risk taker and entertainer and he is having his fun playing with the amateurs.

Posted by Krautboy on 04-02-11 at 01:40 AM
Rob will keep his Immunity Idol Hidden from the others until he is forced to use it. I don’t believe he has any intention of sharing it with his tribe or alliance. He is keeping it to protect himself.

While the previews show Rob as a target, he is probably not as vulnerable as the editors would lead us to believe. He just needs to make sure someone else gets one more vote than him. Even if the five remaining Zaps vote for him, he is in a good position to organize six or seven votes for one of the Zaps. So unless he sees things starting to fall apart, he will probably not feel the need to play his idol this episode.

The bold move may be as simple as choosing not to play his HII at TC, and betting on his ability to control the others in his alliance.

The other unique aspect of this week’s TC is potential for up to five immunities to come into play. Rob and Ralph’s HII, a male and female Individual immunity, and possibly immunity for Matt as the returnee to the game.

Krautboy

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 04-02-11 at 02:23 AM
5 out of 12! Holy immunity!

And I bet poor Phillip is the red-headed non-immune stepchild.

(I still don't expect Matt is going to be immune unless he earns it.)

Posted by Corvis on 04-02-11 at 09:53 AM
Yeah, I'm in the no auto immunity for Matt camp too.

SquidProQuo - Thanks for bringing over the Jeff comment about Grant possibly turning on Rob. That really lends credence to the idea of Grant losing faith in Rob, possibly because he lied about finding the HII and made a fool of Grant in the process.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-02-11 at 02:39 PM
Maybe it's because I really like Grant, but I'm holding on to the hope that he smartens up at some point.

Re the whole immunity thing: I've been thinking all along that there'd be 1 for the men and 1 for the women this week, esp. if it's an endurance challenge, but just noticed that OFG had a good point that there are 8 men and only 4 women. Would it be fair/would they still do separate immunities in that case? Or could it be 1 immunity per tribe? Not sure if there's a precedent for that.

Posted by television on 04-01-11 at 11:50 AM
Yeah, I could see a 'crazy' TC as sort of a pea-and-shell game to guess who has the HII and who to vote for. Especially if Rob or Ralph win immunity... this would be a crucial vote, and it would be all about information control. My bet is on Ralph not using the HII smartly, or at least getting outsmarted.

I think the Zaps are in trouble, looking at the people, and at the editing. The only player that would be likely to flip, according to foreshadowing, would be Phillip, but his story of conflict last episode seemed to be resolved with him being good with the tribe (the confessional with the immunity idol and the last confessional at the reward). That, to me, bookended his tumultuous 'tribal' time in Survivor and brought resolution that he was solid with his tribe going into the merge.

Matt, for reasons others have stated, won't flip, and nobody else on Ome has been shown to be dissatisfied with anything other than Phillip. Alternatively, the Zaps have been infighting for several episodes.

All this leads me to believe that there will be a Pagonging, straight up, long term. For the short term, this means that a Zap gets eliminated this time. For me, the most likely way for this to happen would be if Ralph wins immunity (or even if he doesn't) and the Zaps try to figure out who the Omes are targeting, and the Omes try to figure out who the Zaps are giving the idol to. If it's all about information control, and there are 2 perceived 'fencesitters' (Phillip and Matt) that the Zaps are trying to woo, I could see the info control favouring the Omes. And if they found out who the Zaps were targeting, they could use Rob's idol as an insurance policy (they could split their vote so a Zap will go regardless). That might be the 'big move' that the game respects, as it would be a much smaller move for Rob to keep his secret (which would be his ace up the sleeve in the individual portion of the game, once his own tribe starts to target him).

So, my spec is that the title quote is either Rob deciding to play his idol (even though it's maybe not necessary or in his interests, it's a big move and the game respects those), or it's Matt coming back and resolving with Rob (ie. 'hey, I voted you out because you were too dangerous at that point', 'well, the game respects big moves, Rob').

Either way, I don't see this going well for the Zaps.

Posted by dabo on 04-01-11 at 12:06 PM
I agree, the Zaps will get Pagonged. Phillip may go first, then the Pagonging, or Phillip may be worked into it somewhere. Rob cannot want this whackadoodle on the jury, whether he thinks that important enough to whack him soonest I don't know.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 04-01-11 at 10:46 PM
They don't find out the jury phase has started until the first juror is announced. In HvV, the final 12 were jury or better, and there are now 12. The next loser at RI could well be the first juror -- from Rob's perspective.

Point being, if he is counting, he should realize that it may be too late to get someone out before jury, so he can't base a vote on that any more. It doesn't really work with the redemption twist anyway.

Posted by dabo on 04-01-11 at 11:54 PM
Correct, the loser of the Matt-Sarita duel will be the sixth elimination. So it may be too late to eliminate someone to prevent jury poison. If not it soon will be. (And with the Redemption Island twist even if it isn't too late it may not work out.) Meaning, if he is concerned about jury composition, this boot may be his best last chance to make that move.

Posted by Woogie on 04-02-11 at 00:16 AM
What I said was would someone give up his/her Individual Immunity that he/she won at Individual Challenges, after seeing what happened to Eric in Micronesia.

Everone's talking about HII, LOL.

"From Full (Web) Promo"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 04-01-11 at 11:47 PM
Redemption Island starts again.

link to video: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=gS8oWGCgP9EQRLOIeO4SN_xXAthNeX5i

"RE: From Full (Web) Promo"
Posted by dabo on 04-02-11 at 00:00 AM
Call sheets validated, and I thought we'd have to wait until the episode aired to find that out. Okay, good. Thanks! Still nothing on the first individual immunity challenge, so the duel winner probably will participate.

"RE: From Full (Web) Promo"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-02-11 at 00:09 AM
Thanks so much, VG! Very interesting shots of Rob and Natalie looking nervous immediately following Jeff's announcement that RI will continue.

David sure looks happy (for once) after Jeff announces the merge....Mike being set up as on the hot seat.

Andrea's story seems to continue too, with her confessional and also the key reaction shot after Jeff announces that the RI winner will come back.

P.S. Others have mentioned this already based on the call sheet location name, but this clip appears to confirm that they merge at a new location. You can see Rob and others building a new shelter. And of course why else would they have them bring all their stuff to witness the duel.