URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7641
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time To Vote: S22 ep7"

Posted by dabo on 03-28-11 at 03:11 PM
ADVISORY: Vote threads are open to all who wish to participate and cast their votes, spoilers and non-spoilers alike. The posts initiating these threads contain no spoiler information other than perhaps referencing what has been revealed in TV promos for the upcoming episode. Non-spoilers, be advised that spoilers may include information in their posts here which you may not wish to read. Spoilers, please do not include spoiler information for future episodes, stick to the episode in question.

The Rules

1. Put the name of your choice for this week's boot in the subject heading.

This is easy, just erase where it says "Re: SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time to Vote..." and replace with your vote on which player will get the boot, e.g., "Phillip." Or, if you think this will be a two-boot week: "Phillip and Rooster." It doesn't matter which order you put them in unless it matters to you.

This makes it easier to tally votes quickly and accurately. Nicknames are tougher to tally unless they are really obvious without actually reading your post. Other things you want to vote on (what's the reward, who gets first confessional, will there ever be a two-boot), these should go in your post not in your subject line.

("Boot" defines as voted out of a tribe, either exiled to Redemption Island or, when Redemption Island is no longer a factor in the game, eliminated from the game. Quitters are also regarded as boots though whether they would be exiled or eliminated/disqualified is unknown. It is assumed that medical evacuees would be eliminated/disqualified without prejudice.)

1b. The process for voting on which Exile on Redemption Island will be eliminated from the game.

Place your elimination vote anywhere in the subject line with the boot vote. Place an "X" in front of the name of the exile you think will lose the duel and be eliminated from the game, as in XMatthew or XStephanie. Alternately, should you wish to save space in the subject line, cast your vote using the exile's placement number determined by the time of their arrivals on Redemption Island, noted in the list below in this post. Exile 2, Matthew, would be X2. Exile 6, Stephanie, would be X6.

1c. Returnees.

We will not officially be voting on players returning to the game. This section is to note that it is theoretically possible for a player to be returned to the game immediately after a duel and subsequently be voted out again within the same episode. So theoretically an exile could also get the boot, both votes could be for exiles. Hence the importance of the X, please get in the habit.

2. Reply only to this post.

We like a nice straight vote thread around here.

EXCEPTION TO RULE 2! VOTE CHANGES!

2b. But to change your vote (or add additional votes) reply to your own previous vote post.

Your new post heading should read, for example, "VOTE CHANGE: Steve." Or perhaps "VOTE CHANGE: Steve and Natalie" if you think it will be a two-boot week.

You should also use this process of replying to your own vote post to make additional votes, should you wish to vote for a boot but still think about it before you vote for an elimination, or vice versa.

3. This is not a discussion thread, do not treat it as such.

There are plenty of places on the forum to debate the merits of people's arguments, have discussions, have civil and polite disagreements, don't do it here.

But please feel free to discuss your vote in your own post, cast all the extra votes you want, we're all interested in what you have to say.

4. No graphics, particularly no sig pics.

If you must have a graphic make it pertinent to something. Thank you.

5. Have fun!

Please let it be a pecking order reward, please please please let something be sane this week!

The DAWS!

Ometepe (orange) tribe

Andrea
Ashley
Grant
Natalie
Phillip
Boston Rob

Zapatera (purple) tribe

David
Julie
Mike
Ralph "Rooster"
Sarita
Steve

Redemption Island

exile 2. Matthew (Ometepe)
exile 6. Stephanie (Zapatera)

Eliminated

Francesca (Ometepe, exile 1)
Russell (Zapatera, exile 3)
Kristina (Ometepe, exile 4)
Krista (Zapatera, exile 5)

Jury

none

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"David, XMatt"
Posted by HitmanPayne on 03-28-11 at 03:28 PM
It has been set up for the Zap 6 to fall. For this, David is unfortunately the first casualty of the original alliance IMO. After he defended Stephanie last TC, he is being seen as more on the outs than Sarita was. If Sarita doesn't go this week, it'll be David.

Matt has had his run of 4 wins on redemption island. But right now, I see Stephanie still having a story built around her. It's about Redemption for her to come back and help tear apart the Zapatera 6. After reading numerous opinions on the different boards of survivor, I believe Steph has enough of a story to win this duel.

"Sarita XSteph"
Posted by vince3 on 03-28-11 at 03:51 PM
I think the Zaps are heading to TC, but I think after a pitiful performance in a challenge in which she's forced to participate (even teams...) the tribe decides that now strength may be needed, especially if it's still a while to a merge...

"David, X Steph"
Posted by KObrien_fan on 03-28-11 at 04:33 PM
A zap is definately leaving this week.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

"Oh my Gravy!"
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 03-30-11 at 02:18 PM
Is that KO Fan back to pay us a visit!

Wooooo and Hooooo! Welcome back to the boards KOF!!!

"RE: SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time To Vote: S22 ep7"
Posted by kingfish on 03-28-11 at 05:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-11 AT 09:31 PM (EST)

"Phillip X Matt"
Posted by kingfish on 03-28-11 at 09:30 PM
There's been a revolt behind the scenes in the editorial shop at Survivor. Now the omens are all BS, the new editor is a now-you-see-it-now-you-don't three card Monte shill intent on not giving anything away, thus in spite of the omens, Ometepe will visit TC and Phillip will be busted down to Ordinary Agent and visit Redemption Island. His Pooper Heart (the second highest award the government can give a secret agent sewer rat) will do him no good.

And Saint Matthew will drown while attempting to walk on water. He will leave the game. Those holy rollers just get a little too cocky for their own good, sometimes.

And: "Because Spoiler to the stars, MissyPissy says so!"

"David~XStephanie"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-28-11 at 07:44 PM
This week is set up nicely for a double boot. We have Rob vs. Phillip on Ometepe, and David vs. Sarita on Zapatera. The teasers spell it out for us, as does the editing...Phillip is the odd man out, and David is the odd man out. However, the promos give us the Three Little Pigs Challenge. While we are given the vidcaps noting that the Zapateras get a pretty big lead, I think that the athletes in the Ometepe tribe will pull this one out. I say, that last weeks TC spelled it out. David, while very smart, is no match for the loyalty that Sarita promises. Next week should bring the merge, and perhaps a double boot. They have to get rid of two in one episode SOON!

I am firmly in the camp that thinks that Matt will make it back to the tribe that cast him out and have his reunion with Rob and Andrea. Steph will blab away at RI...

"David voted out, Stephanie loses"
Posted by Belle Book on 03-28-11 at 08:31 PM
I think Zapatera loses again, and David's disloyalty proves to be the end of his stay.

Meanwhile, Stephanie barely loses the duel to Matt. That's more of a guess on my part.

"David xStephanie"
Posted by kiki_k on 03-28-11 at 10:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-11 AT 10:21 PM (EST)

I vacillated between Sarita & David, but after going against my initial gut last week (that Zap would do the predictable Stephanie boot),I'm going with it this week -- the Zap5 (which is what it has truly been as Krista called it 2 weeks ago) is going to go the predictable route & cut David loose.

I also firmly believe that Stephanie's "positive" edit is solely because she teamed up with Jeff's pet Russell -- the editors are desperate to make it look like getting rid of Russell (and his minions) was a mistake, but it wasn't. Zap is going to fall apart but it is because there are too many chiefs & not enough Indians, not because they got rid of Russell & his minions. Matt's story trumps Stephanie's. I'm convinced he's coming back in. Storms a'coming --NOT.

"X Stephanie - David "
Posted by Brownroach on 03-28-11 at 11:57 PM
Definitely NO double boot.

"Sarita...x Stephanie"
Posted by Krautboy on 03-29-11 at 02:55 AM
I'm going to hop on board with Vince...

Last week the Zapatera tribe had to decide between tribe “LOYALTY”, represented by Sarita and “COMPETITIVE STRENGTH”, represented by Stephanie…

LOYALTY OF AN ALLIANCE VERSUS COMPETITIVE STRENGTH OF A TRIBE HAS THE CASTAWAYS QUESTIONING THEIR STRATEGY IN THE GAME,
ON "SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 23

As we saw, they chose “Loyalty” and Sarita , while Stephanie was voted out.

Stephanie will not go quietly and at this week’s duel, with two of the Zapatera present, Stephanie will air all the dirty laundry about Zapatera, including Sarita, who was selected over her.

”Stephanie : My strategy out here is to be brutally honest about Zapatera Tribe”.

”INFORMATION GATHERED BY WITNESSES ON REDEMPTION ISLAND LEAVES THE CASTAWAYS SECOND-GUESSING TRIBE LOYALTY,
ON "SURVIVOR: REDEMPTION ISLAND," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 30”

Sarita represents tribe loyalty, and after the RI Duel, the Zaps who attend “second guess” last weeks decision to go with “Loyalty” and keep Sarita over Stephanie.

David is this week’s boot decoy, set up by last week’s editing which featured tension between Sarita and David. This week’s previews include misdirection quotes, suggesting a David boot, from Julie, Steve and Sarita:

Julie:” David is bugging me.”
Steve : “ David's getting tough to stomach.”
Sarita : “He's a loose cannon.”

Last week Sarita was the boot decoy, she was high maintenance, and had dental issues. Nothing has really changed and this week she’s the logical choice if the Zap’s lose another challenge.

The Zaps will second guess themselves for the mistake made by choosing Sarita/Loyalty over Stephanie/Competitive Advantage, and will not make the same mistake again. They will keep David, the stronger competitor, who they realize was probably right when he voted for Sarita.

In the end, they will probably make the simple, logical choice… Sarita will be voted out.

"Steve - xMatt"
Posted by parathor on 03-29-11 at 07:07 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-11 AT 03:59 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-29-11 AT 11:20 AM (EST)

ELIMINATED: Matt
- His story climaxed last week with getting his bible and finding his God.
- Andrea's connection/reconnection is complete after seeing him as the nice guy he is (instead of her boyfriend).
- He's reconciled with Rob (or at least has closure).
- "Matt's in trouble!" previews from last week (foreshadowing to this week, to soften the blow of his defeat)

BOOT: Steve
- Zapatera chooses loyalty over strength (misdirection - they re-evaluate it this episode), and Steve is shown as the weakest link (thus, the boot)
- He's been foreshadowed as being weak in his own confessionals
- David v. Sarita is a red herring, and Phillip & Rob still have story left
- Steve's confessionals dipped, and then spiked last episode (foreshadowing)

"Sarita, X Stephanie"
Posted by samboohoo on 03-29-11 at 09:19 AM
Last week the Zaps chose Sarita over Steph, and they end up back at TC. This week Sarita goes. They need David's strength.

RI to me is a harder choice. Steph is not only battling Matt, she's also still battling the Zaps, and that is her downfall.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

"Vote Tally # 1"
Posted by Brownroach on 03-29-11 at 10:51 AM
Vote Tally # 1 - Post 13 comprising 11 votes in both categories and one deleted message

TC boot:
David – 6
Sarita – 3
Phillip – 1
Steve – 1

RI elimination:
Stephanie – 8
Matt – 3

Combos:
X Stephanie / David – 5
X Stephanie / Sarita – 3
X Matt / David – 1
X Matt / Phillip – 1
X Matt / Steve – 1

"Sarita, Stephanie"
Posted by Travel_Queen on 03-29-11 at 11:02 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-11 AT 11:04 AM (EST)

I really hope that it's not another hidden boot, this time showing the Zap team in promos, and ends up being a Ome boot.

Sarita's story is/was over with bye bye Russell, and she in my opinion would be the first after R/K/S. Plus I think that Stephanie spills her guts about the Zap dynamics AFTER she loses, because she would be pretty stupid to say anything before with the Zap witnesses. Last time, both duel contestants were Ome's, and only Krista was there.

Stephanie loses to Matt(see above). His story is not over, he wants to rejoin his Bros Grant and Rob, and it will be even more clear to him who to align with after Stephanie's rant.

"Sarita...................XMatt"
Posted by Woogie on 03-29-11 at 01:51 PM
Third times a charm...
Going with Sarita(AGAIN!!).
As much as I hoped it was double TC this week, I guess it comes next week(but who knows?)

And about RI boot..
My initial thought was Matt was coming back no matter what as he got a great story. Suddenly two people with great story are in RI as Stephanie was voted out last week. There was a lot of ideas of both going home but Matt's story climaxed with bible last week won me over.

"Sarita xMatt"
Posted by Corvis on 03-29-11 at 05:03 PM
Sarita has been my thought since last Wednesday and I'm sticking with it. After they lose AGAIN, they'll listen to David's argument about strong players over "trust".

As for picking Matt to lose, I am doing so because of the confessional Matt didn't get. I was waiting for him to say, "Now that I have this Bible, I feel I can go all the way." Instead, he focused on how much he appreciated getting the Bible from Krista. Now, maybe he didn't say that so it wasn't there to use. But don't you think someone would have asked him "So with the Bible to inspire you, do you think you can make it to the end?" And what else would he say? "Nah, it doesn't mean anything to me..." - I don't think so! So I think they chose not to give us that comment because Matt's story is winding down. And Stephanie's story is about to go into high gear.

Of course, I could be totally wrong! I love this season.

"David; XMatt; "
Posted by michel on 03-29-11 at 06:13 PM
Last week, we heard Matt using Krista's Bible to say a prayer. Not Krista, Matt was the one shown saying the words: "We honor you Lord..."

At the immunity challenge, we heard Stephanie asking: "Is praying a strategy?"

Therefore, this week, Stephanie will prove that praying isn't a strategy.

As for the vote, the cameras showed us that David was a pre-merge boot.

"RE: Sarita; XStephanie"
Posted by littletown on 03-29-11 at 08:06 PM
I think Stephanie blabs after being eliminated from RI.

Zapatera kicks out Sarita finally.

"RE: David; XMatt; "
Posted by HitmanPayne on 03-30-11 at 06:16 PM
FINALLY! Someone who agrees with me! David is on the outs with the Zap 6, and I believe Matt will lose because Stephanie still has a story left.

"Sarita voted off, Stephanie loses duel"
Posted by Round Robin on 03-30-11 at 00:18 AM
My gut says all that Rob & Phil stuff in the previews is misdirection, and the Zaps will lose the 3 Little Pigs challenge. The voteoff will be a close decision, but methinks Sarita gets the ax this time. As for the duel, Matt's just not gonna lose to a little yapping chihuahua like Stephanie. Ain't gonna happen, no way nohow.

"XStephanie, Sarita"
Posted by dabo on 03-30-11 at 01:18 AM
If Stephanie didn't learn it in school she's certainly not learning it on Survivor. Besides, the precursors indicate that when someone gets on a run on Redemption Island chances are they will just keep going and going.

Sarita has no story and she is the weakest link. If she gets to the merge she outlasts the entire rest of her tribe, you don't need to be smart to figure that out. Plus she's a bad leader, path of least resistance to toss her under the bus.

"Sarita - XStephanie"
Posted by cigale01 on 03-30-11 at 09:01 AM
With the pics showing a basketball type finish to the Challenge, I see the Ashley/Grant combo pulling out another win for Ometepe, send Zapatera back to TC. Yes, David is annoying, but Sarita is usless and the guys on the tribe will finally see that - Goodbye Sarita.
In the Duel, I see Matt's confidence helping him win again, though I wouldn't mind a Stephanie win.

"Vote Tally #2"
Posted by Brownroach on 03-30-11 at 10:45 AM
Vote Tally #2 -- Post #22 comprising 19 votes in both categories, one previous vote tally, and one deleted message:

TC boot:
Sarita – 10
David – 7
Phillip – 1
Steve – 1

RI elimination:
Stephanie – 13
Matt – 6

Combos:
X Stephanie / Sarita – 8
X Stephanie / David – 5
X Matt / Sarita – 2
X Matt / David – 2
X Matt / Phillip – 1
X Matt / Steve – 1

Sarita has pulled in front of David as the TC pick, while Stephanie remains well ahead of Matt as the RI pick.

"Sarita, xStephanie"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-30-11 at 12:39 PM
I believe in the Matt-returns-to-the-game theory and that the Bible is giving him "new life" that we'll see come true pretty soon.

Sarita ... just feel she's done, especially with the fingers being pointed at her at TC last week plus all of the bellyaching about her tooth with no pity being shown by her tribemates.

"RE: SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time To Vote: S22 ep7"
Posted by esquire on 03-30-11 at 12:41 PM

"Sarita/xStephanie"
Posted by jeffy1988 on 03-30-11 at 01:14 PM
Guessing that there is NOT a double-boot this week.

"David xSteph"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 03-30-11 at 02:22 PM
Matt has new life breathing in him so I'm picking Steph to leave RI.

Muddied and broken Zaps at camp pic points to a Zapatera loss, I'm down to between Sarita and David.

For the second week in a row we're teased that the Zaps have to choose between 'loyalty' and 'strength'. With JP's blogging foot clearly on the Zaps' throat as retribution for booting Russell early, I'm thinking that we're gonna see that edit line all the way to the exit door. I absolutely hate basing a boot pick on editing(mainly b/c I'm terrible at editing analysis) but when you've got nothing else you gotta go with what you have. Therefore to enable a successful post-Merge domination by the Omes(as editing *seems* to imply), they need to be up in numbers and in control come Merge time. So the Zaps have to lose here.

I'm guessing that the Zap core alliance gets wind of Dave's wavering loyalty and they once again choose to retain loyalty over strength. This seals their fate as well as provides yet one more talking point for JP's blog and tidies up their tribal storyline editing package nicely in a lovely parting gift bundle.

"Sarita....X-Matt"
Posted by Loree on 03-30-11 at 02:27 PM
This was my vote last week and I am sticking with it. Maybe I was just a week off.

"David, XStephanie"
Posted by CTgirl on 03-30-11 at 05:50 PM
This has been a hard week to decide on the bootees and I've been going back-and-forth between David and Sarita and Matt and Stephanie all week. But here goes - this is my final answer!

I believe that Ometepe pulls out an immunity win sending the Zaps back to tribal council. I feel that the Zap 6 will still favor loyalty over strength and Sarita is going to be found more loyal. David played his hand too soon last week and Stephanie is going to blab about it at RI. The remaining Zap 5 will question his loyalty to them and vote him off.

I just rewatched the first few minutes of the first episode. David had a quote about Russell wanting to get his hands too dirty and that is why he never won and I think, ironically, the same thing is going to get him the boot tonight. He tried to boot Sarita too soon. Steph's first quote was also all wrapped up with Russell's game. She's going to go down fighting like a true Russell disciple and tell all she can at RI to the spectators but will lose to Matt who just had life breathed back into him with Krista's gift of the bible.

"Vote Tally #3"
Posted by Brownroach on 03-30-11 at 05:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-11 AT 05:56 PM (EST)

Last one before showtime…

Post #30 comprising 24 votes in both categories, two previous tallies, one deleted message from Kingfish, a “hi!” post from Scarlett, and some mysterious punctuation from esquire.

TC boot:
Sarita – 13
David – 9
Phillip – 1
Steve – 1

RI elimination:
Stephanie – 17
Matt – 7

Combos:
X Stephanie / Sarita – 10
X Stephanie / David – 7
X Matt / Sarita – 3