URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7619
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jeff Probst signs on for more"

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-09-11 at 04:14 PM
CBS Tweets:

CBS renews SURVIVOR for 2011-12 season, host @JeffProbst signs new deal to return for 23rd and 24th editions!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Jeff Probst signs on for more"
Posted by Estee on 03-09-11 at 05:54 PM
So in case you were wondering, that whole blog 'give this season six episodes and then if the majority of you tell me to quit, I will' thing? Was a lie. But it's not as if Jeff had any credibility left to lose, so let's just all send in 'please quit now' votes at the deadline just to watch him ignore the ballot total. Which, by the way, is the next twist.

For what it's worth, this means he's probably out of the Regis replacement role, as he was one of the rumored candidates. And for what it's also worth, this may mean the one-week no-pain celebrity edition remains on track. For now.

*shrug* Too bad. I was really looking forward to his Celebrity Apprentice stint.

Posted by chinadj on 03-11-11 at 06:50 PM
> And for what
>it's also worth, this may
>mean the one-week no-pain celebrity
>edition remains on track.
>For now.

>Great news, but I wouldn't have minded if they hired Rob to host it. I really think he'd be a terrific host for the show.

If Jeffy REALLY wants to do a mini Celebrity Survivor, he should step up and agree to be a contestant!
Then they could give Boston Rob the host job.
Win-win in my mind!

Posted by Round Robin on 03-12-11 at 01:14 AM
Amen to that! I'd like them to do a 2 week celebrity Survivor, with an IC every day, so they can make a full load of episodes out of it. Give 'em decent shelters already built and give'em tools and flint to start with so they can get right into the scheming without having to whiz away time building stuff.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-12-11 at 10:02 AM
I think if they do a celebrity Survivor, that Jiffy would be on it....He was on Rachel Ray and he was trying to talk her into it, telling her how popular she would be to the tribe with her cooking skills....I believe he said he would do it, if she would do it. I know he would love to get Kelly Ripa on and Allison Sweeny, I think, as well. I don't know what guys...?

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 03-09-11 at 08:56 PM
There is still hope for us yet, FloPo ... two more seasons coming up!

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-09-11 at 09:31 PM
Great news, but I wouldn't have minded if they hired Rob to host it. I really think he'd be a terrific host for the show.

Posted by Round Robin on 03-10-11 at 05:35 AM
Even if JiffyProbe is eventually going to leave, SeeBS and/or SEG might prefer a bit of a gap between Rob taking over, if he does, and the last time he played.