URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7615
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?", Vidcaps"

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-03-11 at 07:30 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-11 AT 07:38 AM (EST)

Thanks to Survivor Fever:

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...Phil's on the hot seat.

Natalie: He's so annoying.

Probst: But with a Hidden Immunity Idol in play, anything can happen.

Rob: Somebody within my alliance might flip.

Probst: And at Redemption Island, it's time for Russell to put up or shut up.

Russell : If this were the real world, I'd be rooting for Matt. But it's not, this is Survivor.

Russell Arrives at Redemption Island:

Russell: This is the first time I've ever been voted out. I don't like it at all. I was so pissed off I wanted to ##### slap every single one of them.

Matt: Who's that?

Russell: Russell.

Matt: Russell?

Russell: They told me that the girl beat you.

Matt: Oh, really?

Russell : Right now this is his house. I'm about to take it from him.

ETA: When Rob noted, "Someone in my alliance might flip", he seemed serious and concerned, which made me think that perhaps the Ometepe's lose the challenge again. It also made me feel that he has not located the idol yet, and is fearful that someone else may have...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Ep 4, "Don't you work for me?", Vidcaps"
Posted by Woogie on 03-03-11 at 07:53 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-11 AT 09:34 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-03-11 AT 08:06 AM (EST)

When Rob noted, "Someone in my alliance might flip", he seemed serious and concerned, which made me think that perhaps the Ometepe's lose the challenge again. It also made me feel that he has not located the idol yet, and is fearful that someone else may have...

Agreed. Rob pretty looked serious when he said that and I guess Ometepe loses another challenge. Guess Ometepe core alliance is not intact as Z6.(though it's already proven when they blinsided Matt)

Survivor...Phil's on the hot seat.
Natalie: He's so annoying.
Probst: But with a Hidden Immunity Idol in play, anything can happen.
Rob: Somebody within my alliance might flip.

Phillip has been in hot seat since the first episode so it doesn't surprise me. Just that could this be misdirection again? or could it be real this time? My take is it's Phillip gone. This comes with the title of next episode. "Don't you work for me?" Wow~ That's pretty Robfathar ment to me.

IMO, Ometepe seeing Matt winlosing IC again, again in RI and Rob not finding HII, three combination might make Rob think of sending Phillip to RI to oust Matt and says the title quote to Phillip. And that move may make him worry that some in his alliance might flip.

My opinion could change as this is the only promo we have now and more will comein the future, but this is my take for now.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-03-11 at 09:27 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-11 AT 11:18 AM (EST)

Great ideas, Woogie! You could be on to something...

Wanted to list some OFG Theory candidates:

Phillip, Andrea, Kristina...?

Posted by SquidProQuo on 03-03-11 at 11:27 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-11 AT 11:56 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-03-11 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

Woogie, I had mentioned the same thing in the live thread last night. If Matt does indeed beat Russell, Rob's alliance is going to start to be very nervous about Matt coming back, so they might just want to throw him some tougher competition like Phillip sooner vs later. This is where RI strategy starts to come into play. And great thought how it ties in with the title -- can't wait to see the rest of the clues on that.

Also, if Rob doesn't find the HII, he's going to be worried that Kristina has it because she's proven she could find it before. Maybe she'll even pretend she has it to create some doubt. That would somewhat limit Rob's alliance's options on who to vote out. Voting out Andrea might actually be their smartest move in that case. And an Andrea/Matt RI duel would be dramatic -- would Matt lose purposely to save his girl? Although based on Andrea's edit so far don't think she'd be going, but who knows, this season is full of surprises.

Posted by Brownroach on 03-03-11 at 12:06 PM
would Matt lose purposely to save his girl?

That's an interesting, and not far-fetched, idea, imo. I was also thinking it could be smart for Rob to vote out Andrea next since he'd only have one of Matt and Andrea to potentially contend with down the line. But if he does that and she miraculously (or with some help from Matt) gets back in the game, she will be gunning for Rob big time, much more so than Matt would be.

So maybe he should wait on that for now. Kristina's still there.

Posted by dabo on 03-04-11 at 01:35 PM
That probably would be the best move, that way at the very least he's eliminated the couple threat of Andrea and Matt. The problem with the idea of sending someone to Redemption with the best chance of beating Matt (or Russell) is that it works against Rob himself since he is the one who best fits the bill. Plus it would weaken Ometepe who need to focus now on winning challenges.

But, of course, this is Survivor, the best move is often the last thing they'll think of, if at all.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-04-11 at 03:28 PM
Squid: I am thinking along the lines that you are. Matt beats RussHell at the RI. Phillip will do reconnaissance at the duel. Kristina has been seen SEARCHING all over relentlessly to find the idol. Rob won't have it, but questions whether Kristina does or not....she may indeed "pretend" to have it, as you suggest. Andrea is definitely a threat to Rob, and she is high on his list, regardless of the idol, imo. One of the two would be gone if she goes to RI. Let's face it, they are both sworn enemies for Rob, Matt could be more dangerous because he's a more physical threat. Regardless, It's a sure path to rid himself of one.

Regarding one of them losing purposely, I doubt that would happen...I think it would be a full out competition. I think Andrea's edit is just about peaking now...I think she could be headed for a fall...

Posted by skeetergirl87 on 03-03-11 at 11:20 AM
It will be interesting to see how tight the Z6 alliance really is now that they've gotten rid of Russell and Matt. If they continue to play the end game now and want to get rid of potential threats, they'll start turning on each other. Hopefully they will stay together at least long enough to get rid of Stephanie, but if Stephanie's smart and if she learned anything from Russell, she'll try to flip the women to her side.

Posted by Brownroach on 03-03-11 at 01:45 PM
Zapatera didn't get rid of Matt, Matt was on Rob's tribe.

The Zap 6 just wanted Russhole out. They still have four males who are all strong/useful in challenges, so Russhole's absence shouldn't hurt them in that regard.

Posted by Karchita on 03-04-11 at 06:11 PM
I think it will be interesting to see if the Zap 6 can finish the job and get rid of Russell's two girlies before they turn on each other.

I like the maturity and smarts that I see in the Zap 6. A lot.

"E4 Duel Challenge Sneak Peek Vidcaps"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-03-11 at 07:11 PM

"RE: E4 Duel Challenge Sneak Peek Vidcaps"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-03-11 at 09:23 PM
from Full Promo

Posted by tribephyl on 03-03-11 at 09:47 PM
Which one looks like he's crying or about to cry?

There are a few "missing" dominoes from Matt's side but they've all fallen. Just shy of winning? Or did he win it?

Posted by SquidProQuo on 03-03-11 at 09:54 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-11 AT 10:01 PM (EST)

Hard to tell from these vidcaps who's won, but Russell's hat is over his eyes -- could definitely be crying.

The new promo is up. They're hyping it as a battle between good vs. evil and "the results will shock you."

Sarita and Rooster are watching from Russell's tribe, and it sure looks like they're celebrating/laughing. Phillip and Kristina are there from Rob's tribe. Here's the link: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=skY0pfdA5Hy0o6hvkX5AccX3qeVTCbnK

ETA: Love the Adams Family/kooky music for Phillip. Rob's line about his pink tightie whities cracks me up. I wonder if Phillip is nominated to go to watch RI as a way to feed his ego, or if they do the random rock thing again. Wouldn't think that Rob's alliance would allow both Kristina and Phillip go alone together.

P.S. Thank you VG! You are so fast.

Posted by kiki_k on 03-03-11 at 11:13 PM
Ugh! Nice shot at the end of Russell's missing teef.

You know, a person who can't even keep his teeth in his head, can you imagine how bad his breath reeks? {shiver}

Posted by Brownroach on 03-03-11 at 11:53 PM
I thought it a little off that Jeff told the RI contestants the tribes had "selected" the two who would watch the duel when in fact it was totally random.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-04-11 at 09:12 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-11 AT 09:18 AM (EST)

Here is the promo in it's entirity...as posted by Survivor Fever:

Transcript:

Announcer: Phillip is one kooky Survivor.

Phillip: I'm looking for a little intel.

Natalie: He's so weird.

Rob: He wears pink tightie whities.

Ashley: Gross.

Rob: You don't want your friends coming over and seeing that.

Announcer: And if you're a castaway you don't want to go to Redemption Island.

Russell: I don't like it at all and I'm gonna make 'em suffer.

Announcer: But if you're a fan it's the only place to be Wednesday night.

Russell: This duel is going to be good versus evil.

Announcer: Super-villain Russell fights for his life and what happens next will shock you!

Some things to note:

First we have what is happening at camp Ometepe...Phillip. Is he misdirection?

Next, as we move from the happenings at Ometepe to the happenings on RI, we see Rob, then a shot of TC, then RussHell leaving TC..,

Then we have clips of RussHell leaving TC...but then, we have a little homage of tatoos in the past....

...sure seems like we'll be adding RussHell's tatoo to the fallen tatoos that came before...

Then we have the good vs. evil hype, and we notice the colors of the dominos. Matt has a white symbol on his...

...Russhell has a black symbol on his...

We have these shots of Matt's dominos falling....

Then you add in these...clearly RussHell is NOT smiling...

...and finally these...

So, what do I think. This week there is more hype about RI than the boot. Therefore, something really big is going to happen at RI. RussHell is toast, and he's going to be crying. It's called just desserts!

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-04-11 at 08:35 AM
VG: Thanks so much for the great vidcaps, so appreciated! They look very serious on their approach. Does anyone remember this challenge at all? I know/see there are dominos involved, but what happens at the end, what will the dominos knock down? We can see what i think is Matt's track, and the dominos are all down...is he the winner?
Since there is a large space at the end, could he have fallen short?

It's also hard to tell judging by Sarita's and Roosters reactions....Rooster looks like he could be saying, DANG IT, as he throws his arm down on his knee, while Sarita does look to be laughing...I can not say, one way or the other.

The misdirection:

This duel is going to be good versus evil.

Announcer: Super-villain Russell fights for his life and what happens next will shock you!

Do they think it will SHOCK us if RussHell is booted out of the game so early?, OR, will it shock us if Good is defeated by Evil?

Posted by vince3 on 03-04-11 at 09:41 AM
Playing Devil's Advocate, it's also possible the Zap reactions are...

Serita: Thank you God!

Rooster: YES! YES! YES! *fistpumps*

Also, Russell might live by this quote from Spaceballs: Evil will always triumph over good... Because good is dumb!

Whether or not that will happen this time? We shall see...

Posted by Woogie on 03-04-11 at 10:55 AM
Well, my thought on Zaps' reaction was

Sarita : Oh~ please please!!

Rooster : Dang! Dang! Dang!

Maybe this reaction is DURING the challenge not AFTER, or maybe not.

But I can't think why it will be a shock whether Russell is voted out or not. Does one of them gives up the duel during the challenge? LOL

Posted by CTgirl on 03-04-11 at 10:32 AM
Do they think it will SHOCK us if RussHell is booted out of the game so early?

Yes, I think so. They've hyped Russell so much for so long to have him leaving the game in second is unbelievable!

I hope they don't spend so much time hyping this challenge that we have a hidden boot this week.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-04-11 at 11:06 AM
I agree. So many times he has escaped and this time he deosn't.

It really is hard to tell from the clips. And let's not forget Matt is very gracious in defeat.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by SquidProQuo on 03-04-11 at 10:34 AM
Does anyone remember this challenge at all? I know/see there are dominos involved, but what happens at the end, what will the dominos knock down?

The domino challenge that I remember was from Gabon. Here is a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPMGgtL4OoE.

Running to a meeting so don't have time to rewatch this and compare it to our vidcaps right now, but as I recall, the dominoes hit a ball that rolls down and raises your flag at the end.

This is the one that Kenny won over Matty. If they keep it similar to the one in Gabon, it requires grace/agility to make it through and under the ropes part. I would think that Matt would have an edge over Russell.

"That proves it..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-04-11 at 10:57 AM
Squid, your you tube video of this RI challenge proves, I think, that Matt wins! Well done! If you freeze the frame in the youtube video where the ball is released and then compare it to this shot:

It proves that Matt's dominos have fallen accurately to release the ball that will raise his flag....well done!

"RE: That proves it..."
Posted by Blind Freddy on 03-04-11 at 03:42 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-11 AT 03:56 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-04-11 AT 03:44 PM (EST)

Nice catch SquidProQuo!
Just coming over here to post similiar thoughts...tho arrived via MESS's 'Birdlady' link/ref to the Gabon chal. Credit to whomever spotted the ball on the 'T'(VG?), the ground tile spotter (?) and kudos all around to everyone working to spoil this chal including VG and MayanSun with their great screencaps to work with. Lots of Kudos to go around this time Good job guys!

From the Gabon version...here's the shot of the last domino triggering the bar that releases the ball(ball just released in this pic). Note: this pic is of the chal demo, not the winning effort by Gabon's Ken...pic chosen b/c it is a better depiction of the trigger release.

And the shot of Matt's side of the RI Duel chal showing that the last domino has reached the trigger bar, which has released the ball to go down the chute and break the ground tile.

Caveat: we don't see Russ's dominos or ground tile to know if he also broke the ground tile and/or which one did so first...but it would seem unlikely that both would have made it almost simultaneously.

edit to clarify

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-04-11 at 04:22 PM
Thanks for posting that video capture from the challenge in Gabon. I was unable to copy it when I froze it....do you know if anyone can copy video frames when stopped, and if so, how do you do it?

Anyway, I also thought I'd mention that this domino challenge that is being tested by the nefarious dreamteamer that alot of us mistook for Rooster, is the same challenge that Matt and RussHole will be doing this week. Note, the ropes that if tripped can topple the dominos, forcing the player to start all over again...

Posted by Blind Freddy on 03-04-11 at 04:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-11 AT 04:45 PM (EST)

Re: 'do you know if anyone can copy video frames when stopped, and if so, how do you do it?'

If it appears on your monitor screen, you have the ability to capture it.

- Use(Windows) 'Print Screen'...or 'Alt+Print Screen'(for just browser window shot).

- Open your Photo editing/image editor program that you have and 'Paste' as a new image and save to your preferred local loc. Note: you usually have to use your photo editor to 'crop' the image to get just the image alone w/o the rest of your monitor or the open window.

Note: there are also programs(some free) that will extract individual frames of videos, including flash/flv. That route would likely produce a better quality screencap than just a monitor screen cap as it would be independent on your broadband connection speed/quality. But then you'd have to d/l or capture the flash/flv file which requires other programs and techniques. So a bit more work. Mine above were simple screen captures on the monitor.

Hope this helps.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-04-11 at 04:55 PM
Thanks so much, BF! I really appreciate that info, and can't wait to see if can do it...at some point. Thanks for coming to Blows and helping us figure it all out as well, you are a wonderful addition.

I agree with you as well, huge kudos to Volcanic Glass and Survivor Fever for posting all of the video captures and sharing them with us week after week. Without them where would we be?

Posted by Bebo on 03-06-11 at 06:04 PM
Just watched Ep 3 and had to come out of lurkdom to celebrate the fall of the ego called Russell.

I had been reading in another thread about how the previews had given us Matt as the one voted out by showing him prominently...and showing him going down. I think we got a similar framing this week by showing Russell's torch being snuffed. And add me to the list of people who think Russell would be more likely to cry than Matt - losing before the finals would mean he's no longer special and he would become (gasp!) insignificant in the Survivor world. He has WAY more to lose at RI than Matt.

At this point, I'm leaning toward the O-no's heading back to TC again and voting out Philip. While it would be in Rob's interest to set up a Matt-Andrea duel, Rob's going to be feeling the heat of Russell's departure. If he doesn't have the idol, his best strategy is to throw up an easy target for others to get behind, while giving himself a chance to improve things with Andrea. During the last episode he pointed out the two different alliances to Philip, so he'd be able to spin it if Philip got voted out but redeemed. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rob spin it as a chance for Philip to work for him on RI and gather intel on the other tribe. Rob knows how and when to stroke egos, and Philip would fall for that sort of treatment.

Posted by Krautboy on 03-04-11 at 04:49 PM
Well done Squid! Russell loses the challenge and Good triumphs over Evil. The shocking part that comes next is Russell's tearful reaction to his elimination...

Krautboy

"Question about this:"
Posted by vince3 on 03-04-11 at 03:54 PM

Is that a piece of bamboo that he's using for a 'spotting scope' or is that a clue to a HII parchment or some other parchment?

"RE: Question about this:"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-04-11 at 04:24 PM
hi Vince. I just wanted to pipe in that I think it's a piece of bamboo...

Posted by Karchita on 03-04-11 at 06:27 PM
Bamboo would have much thicker walls than that. And it would be very hard to saw so neatly. It tends to splinter when cut or sawn. I think it's parchment.

Posted by dabo on 03-08-11 at 00:59 AM
There are like 1,000 different kinds of bamboo in the world. I was thinking it might be some sort of treemail toy, but they did get a toolchest back at the start.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 03-05-11 at 01:47 PM
That would be hilarious if it was the HII clue! (Just like when he was sitting on it.)

I think Rob is way too smart to ever give Philip the HII clue, so it must be the tree mail parchment or something along those lines if it's not bamboo as FloPo suggested.

P.S. One other thought: Would they ever give the RI observers another HII clue or some sort of message to take back to their tribe? (Which they could share/not share if they're so inclined) That would be a wicked twist, esp. with Kristina and Phillip being the ones representing the Ome tribe this week.

"Press Photos"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-04-11 at 10:34 PM
In order...

"RE: Press Photos"
Posted by vince3 on 03-04-11 at 11:15 PM
Looks like Zapatera has become a happier place, not that the Troll's black cloud is out of camp...

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-05-11 at 07:35 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-11 AT 07:57 AM (EST)

VG: Thanks so much for posting! Is it possible to know which day these were taken from? I wonder if these shots are before the challenge? If so, they won't be helpful to us in determining which tribe is off to TC....

I am wondering what those blue tiles, cards? are next to Mike on the bench...did they come in tree mail? And, he is holding something that has a cord around it on his lap? I can't help but think these might be before the challenge?

ETA: I took a trip to Sucks and Mayan Sun and Kona have answered my questions. First of all, Mayan Sun found the idol...

Look just above Phillip's wrist/buff.

Then Kona noted the time stamps:

All of the press images above were taken Day 9 (24 August) so the Omes should have the idol.

The three RI shots were at about 11 AM

The eight Ome shots were taken between 1 - 2 PM

The six Zap shots were taken between 4 - 4:30 PM

Volcanic Glass noted that the RI duel will be on day 10...and we all suspect that the Ep 4 RC/IC will also be on day 10. So, the time stamps won't help us this week...

Now that we know these shots are not post challenge, it's easy to see how much more relaxed they all look, imo....

Posted by SquidProQuo on 03-05-11 at 03:51 PM
I am wondering what those blue tiles, cards? are next to Mike on the bench...did they come in tree mail? And, he is holding something that has a cord around it on his lap? I can't help but think these might be before the challenge?

I tried blowing up the photo and it still's hard to tell what's in Mike's lap since it's the same color as his shorts, but it kinda looks like a whistle or a spray nozzle or something metal. It also looks like Mike's arm is resting on a litle barrel or something made of wood. Not sure if that was around already or not? Or is it just his canteen or something to old water?

Re the tiles, metal-thing, etc: Could this be what comes with the tree mail regarding the next challenge? If so, can we put the 3 items together and maybe come up with a potential challenge? Another option is that maybe this is what comes with the tree mail to announce the next RI duel. I suppose the tiles could signify the dominoes? Or maybe this is related to how they pick who gets to go this time, vs. the rock?

Posted by SquidProQuo on 03-05-11 at 03:54 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-11 AT 03:55 PM (EST)

Just noticed that Rob is not in this photo, but Kristina is. So is Rob looking for the HII? Funny that the Queen Bees Natalie and Ashley get the chairs.

Also interesting that there are individual shots of Sarita and Stephanie right next to each other. I can see those two squaring off after last TC.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-05-11 at 04:33 PM

I tried blowing up this pick too, don't know if it worked. But, I definitely agree that these items must have come in tree mail. The more I look at that thing in Mike's lap I am leaning toward a sling shot.....so all of those little rocks/pebbles that are spilled by the tiles are to shoot at the tiles to break perhaps. I think the tiles are miniatures. Obviously the barrel is as well....

That's the best I can come up with....I don't think the items here are related at all to the RI duel.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 03-05-11 at 05:26 PM
Good idea, Flo Po. I didn't think of a sling shot, but that would make sense in light of the tiles. So you see a mini barrel too? How could that fit in with tile/sling shots?

Re barrels: There was this challenge last season where they had to use barrels, planks and ropes in a team-building thing where you had to get all your players across: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=8vmj4738y6i_oukBH30CFjM4UIxs7RFF. The tiles obviously don't fit in with that unless it's a stand-in for planks, but it could be something along these lines.

My only other thought was that tiles could be a memory thing and a whistle, barrel, etc. could be items you'd have to remember and then you win them as a reward. Just throwing out ideas.

"Sneak Peek Promo"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-05-11 at 04:48 PM
Thanks to Survivor Fever for posting:

Transcript:

Russell: This duel is going to be man on man, a good versus evil type thing. I like Matt, he's a good guy. If this was the real world, I'd be rooting for Matt. But it's not. This is Survivor.

Matt: Russell Hantz is definitely the biggest villain in Survivor history, hands down. But I'm fighting to honor my God. Because I want it so deeply and so truly, I think I'm going to come out on top.

I say, INTERESTING. RussHell was voted out of his tribe on the night of day 8. The press images were taken on day 9. Here we are starting off Day 10 at RI with RussHell and Matt. So, as VG noted already, the RI duel will most likely be in the AM of Day 10. Lots and lots of time to exchange information about both tribes. Is this to give the winner the leg up, so to speak?

Then we'll most likely have the IC challenge later that same day. Then TC at night. A lot to do in one day.

"RE: Sneak Peek Promo"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-07-11 at 08:03 AM
I've been thinking that each votee should have a full day on Ri to become a bona fide inhabitant ... and to sort of level the environmental factor.

A person straight from camp COULD have just earned a reward or been eating much better than the RI person, so at least have it so they both are living on rice or whatever they can scrounge there.

"RE: Sneak Peek Promo"
Posted by emydi on 03-07-11 at 04:11 PM
fwiw, the 3rd TC was on day 8 instead of 9 bc Jiffy had to travel back to LA for the emmys-per Dalton Ross...so this extra day is not normal

"E4 Challenge Vidcaps"
Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-05-11 at 05:15 PM
from PIP promo

"RE: E4 Challenge Vidcaps"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-05-11 at 06:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-11 AT 06:57 PM (EST)

Thanks so much for posting the PIP promo, VG! You ROCK!

Interesting....I was just trying to figure out the items on Mike's lap, and they don't seem related AT all to this challenge....could there possibly be an RC and an IC this week?

Could those tiles be from a previous clue for a previous challenge....when they swam and then Rooster beat Phillip at the tile toss? I dunno...

Back to this challenge....

Grant is a B.E.A.S.T.....

I don't see a shovel in the respective Zap place, so I have to wonder, if at this point the Ometepe's are a bit behind...? Look at Grant go...

Then, here's Julie, using the shovel to dig up something buried in the raised frame...

....no doubt she is not a challenge goddess as well.

Then there is this challenge, where we see everyone but Krista and Rooster. One of them will be sitting out...most likely Rooster? So, the Zap tribe is yelling for Krista to get a move on....they look worried...

and then...

I think you can see Boston Rob here with his hat on backwards, wearing his black wife-beater, maybe working on some kind of puzzle? ETA: So they have to dig up the raised bed for a bag of puzzle pieces?

Note that both the shovels are red in color.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 03-06-11 at 03:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-11 AT 03:38 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-06-11 AT 03:32 PM (EST)

FloPo, that is definitely Boston Rob, but it looks to me like he has an axe in his hand and he's chopping on something. I see the rope and a purple flag there, so wondering if he's raising a flag or releasing something?

So this is obviously some sort of relay where you have to run, grab a shovel, then dig. Hard to tell if Rob's part is a different phase that comes at the end, OR if just another thing each person has to do before/after you dig? Hopefully they'll give us more promos today so we can get a better perspective.

P.S. Do you think the boxes have a purpose? Or are they just a hurdle you have to jump over? It kinda looks like Grant was reaching for something toward the box, but I don't see anything in his hands after he jumps over it so hard to tell.

Thanks VG for the awesome vidcaps! LOVE the shots of Grant -- he is a beast in challenges! Love his athleticism.

ETA: If Rob is indeed releasing his team's flag here, then that must mean that Zap is ahead at this point since we already see a purple flag. (Unless I'm getting the team colors mixed up. Still can't keep the names straight

Posted by SquidProQuo on 03-06-11 at 03:36 PM

I'm wondering what comes prior to the box/shovel part. Looks to me like Grant is a bit off balance here. And I see a wooden plank/ramp or something in the background -- can anyone tell what that is?

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-06-11 at 05:13 PM
Wow, that is really weird....that is not the picture that I posted....but it's a much better one. The one I posted had some kind of CBS swirl over it and you could very faintly see Boston Rob. I think this is some kind of survivor skills relay....digging, chopping wood. I don't think that the chopping is going to raise a flag (but it sure could because you see the rope that is attached leading up - and yes, there is a purple flag hanging....again, I don't know if that is significant or not.

Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-06-11 at 05:23 PM
>Wow, that is really weird....that is
>not the picture that I
>posted....

For those who watched the promo, it's pretty clear that Rob is chopping something, but it's harder to see in vidcaps because of the sweeping logo. Sometimes, motion helps clarify.

They ran a slightly longer version of the promo, so I swapped the old image for the new clearer one.

Posted by Corvis on 03-06-11 at 05:19 PM
The flag behind Boston Rob in the third pic doesn't indicate anything like a flag has been released I don't think. It's in the first pic (with Grant) as well. the only thing we can infer is that Boston Rob's chopping part of the challenge comes before Grant's digging part based on the location of the flags.

In the Grant pic, isn't that Zappy's shovel on the ground? Or are we thinking not because it doesn't look red?

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-06-11 at 05:45 PM
I think you are right, Corvis, I don't think that flag behind Rob has any significance other than decoration. I don't know if it means Boston Rob goes before Grant or not, because there could be more than one set of decorative flags around. But, isn't Rob standing right next to the elevated frame that Julie must dig in....?

I can clearly see there is something there at the Zapatera chest on the ground, but it is not red....clearly the shovels are both red as seen with Grant and with Julie....so I don't know....But, IF it is the Zap shovel, they are going to be way behind...

Totally impossible to judge...In the last relay type race the Ometepe's were way ahead, and then still lost...they sure do look worried though. Maybe we will get some more vidcaps...

"Challenge"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-06-11 at 05:34 PM
Okay, now that we have more pics of Boston Rob, who is clearly chopping that wood, I'd like to take another chop at this challenge.

This challenge seems to be run one person at a time. Grant is going for the shovel by the trunk, then will run out to the raised bed and dig most likely for some keys. When he finds the key, he'll run back to open the trunk, perhaps, and then grab something out of there. He is competing against Julie. Note that both shovels are red, Grant may be a little behind, but I bet he could catch up and maybe even get them a lead.

We see that Rob is tasked with chopping completely through that secured log on the table. When the log is in half, perhaps that relax's that rope and he can get something else, or raise a flag or whatever.

These vidcaps show a VERY concerned Zap tribe, Steve is JUMPING and Stephanie is screaming as most likely Krista is competing and it's very, very close....

Don't know what those trunks are really for, maybe there is a puzzle in there? But, they are there for a reason. One thing I think is that it's going to be a very close finish...

"RE: Challenge"
Posted by Blind Freddy on 03-06-11 at 06:54 PM
Ok taking a crack at it here....

First off there are 8 Zaps left and 7 Omes left...Zap must sit one person out. Zaps sat out Sarita and Ralph in the IC3 but that gets reset each episode, correct? So all are eligible to sitout. In the Zap6 pic we see: Steve/Steph/Sarita/Julie/Mike and Dave cheering on an unseen teammate. So there are 7 cast participating for each tribe.

After viewing the instructions of the chal and strategizing, it makes sense for the Zaps to sitout Krista and keep Ralph for the wood chopping monster that he likely is. That is unless there is some JP equalizing rule that each tribe must play 4 gals which screws everything up.

But I'm going to ASSume that it's Ralph vs Rob in the log chop showdown(makes for better TV)

Anyway the chal seems to be run in a relay setup with individual legs.

One leg is to run, grab shovel and dig something up? (likely a key set for a chest).

Note: There *might* be more than just the one chest...and/or more than one digging area for each tribe.

Another leg might be the retrieval of the hatchet. It doesn't just appear by magic in Rob's hands. Either Rob retrieves it from a chest/buried/? or someone else retrieves it from a chest/buried/? and hands off to Rob on his chopping leg.

The chopping leg does appear likely to be the final stage since there is the rope to nowhere that often unfurls a tribal banner or flag....or drops puzzle pieces for the other possibly 4 remaining cast on the tribe to solve, who haven't done a damn thing in the chal yet.

So I'm suggesting that there *could* be more unseen chest or more digging areas(for keys or hatchet) and there *could* be a raised puzzle bag that needs releasing by the chopped log-rope connection.

Problem with this spec...
Rob loves to be in the spotlight and the pivot point for the chal, calling the shots. And he loves to be the puzzle solver so he can look smart. The chopped log as the final leg of the chal fits Rob's M.O. whereas the puzzle drop scenerio does not...unless everyone gets to solve the puzzle?

But somehow the other 3 or 4 people in the chal have to be involved in this somehow beyond cheering and jumping up and down on the tribal mat.

How does this chal work?

Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-06-11 at 07:14 PM
from longer promo

Posted by Corvis on 03-06-11 at 07:45 PM
Well, if chopping is the last part of the challenge, either Zappy wins or it's extremely close as Ralph is pretty much all the way through the log. I am beginning to lean toward Ometepe going to TC this week.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-06-11 at 07:46 PM
thanks so much, VG! Well that helps with figuring things out. Rooster is in, so it'll be 3 guys and 4 girls vs. 4 guys and 3 girls....how is that fair? I don't know why they don't make them have equal sex tribes...they have the ability to make it fair...

Rooster is a natural at this, I'm sure...the only saving grace is that they Zaps look so worried...I don't know, it's not looking good for the Ometepe's.

Posted by kingfish on 03-07-11 at 07:50 PM
I think it's more even that it seems. Looking at Julie's shoulders and arms, looks to me like she can keep up with the guys, strength wise.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-07-11 at 08:00 PM
Hiya King! Well, if Julie is like one of the guys, than it's even more unfair....5 guys, 2 girls vs. 3 guys, 4 girls....

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-07-11 at 08:12 AM
It seems wrong that they would show us the last moment of the challenge. There could be more for Ralph and Rob to do once each has chopped through the log. I don't know what, I'm not good at imagining the legs of challenges.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-07-11 at 09:09 AM
Well, I think the time of these shots is indeed off. We know that Julie most likely just came in when those shots of the Zap tribe are on the sidelines and cheering. Julie seems to be catching her breath at the side. She was up against Grant. Even if Grant were behind, I am pretty confident that he could catch up/even pass Julie? Sounds reasonable. So, then Rooster and Rob go. If this were not such a close race, then the Zaps would not look so concerned, they'd look happier, cheering, Yeah! But, Steve is jumping, Stephanie is screaming, Mike, David, they ALL look worried. While, I agree, Rooster is more than likely excellent at chopping....these pics could be deceiving. The question for me remains, is Phillip the misdirection, or is the entire Ometepe tribe the misdirection?

Posted by SquidProQuo on 03-07-11 at 10:20 AM
FloPo, I agree on the fairness issue -- I felt it was unfair from the get-go that 1 tribe had less guys. On the other hand, Rob's tribe made their own bed when they voted out Matt.

Re misdirection: It helps to watch the actual clip (short version) of the PIP promo: http://www.yidio.com/survivor-redemption-island---episode-4-pip-sports-promo/id/1179795058

Note that the voice over says, "Does the kookiest tribe member ever have what it takes to stay in the game?" Is this just more Philip hype? Or does the voiceover suggest that Ome does indeed go to TC? You and OFG and CTGirl probably have a better handle on whether it's typical for CBS to misdirect a player vs. tribe in the voice overs....but this + the Rooster chopping shot has me leaning toward Ome going to TC (at least for now).

Also note there's an interesting shot at the beginning of this clip with Grant and Andrea smiling at each other in the shelter.

P.S. Outdoorsy farm girl Andrea, athletic Ashley and Julie should be assets in this challenge. But I could see Stephanie, Kristina, Natalie and Sarita not being so great. Natalie and Sarita seem to be secure in their alliance, but could this week's boot come down to which of the "unprotected" female blows it for her tribe? Of course that assumes all the males do well -- what if Philip screws up in the challenge?

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-07-11 at 11:31 AM
Yes, good point on the Ometepe tribe....

Thanks for the link, Squid. I tried to freeze frame and copy, print screen, to grab that shot, but I have a mac, and I can freeze the frame, but when I transfer it, the video is still in motion, playing. Can't figure out how to freeze the frame and just print screen as I was able to do with my other computers. Maybe Blind Freddy can help me out?...

Anyway, yes, Grant and Andrea share a look, it looks to me like it's in response to something that they are watching...Phillip? The kookiest tribe member ever? Also, clearly, it is parchment that Phillip is using as a periscope...you can see it scrolled more clearly in the video. It's NOT bamboo. Could it be the parchment that comes with the instructions for choosing the two that go to watch the RI? Don't think it's a clue to the HII.

Also, more on the challenge, when Grant runs up and grabs the red shovel and leaps over the crate, clearly there is something lying next to the Zap crate...but, it's not red. It could be a shovel...what else would it be?

Posted by VolcanicGlass on 03-07-11 at 02:37 PM
>Note that the voice over says,
>"Does the kookiest tribe member
>ever have what it takes
>to stay in the game?"
>Is this just more Philip
>hype? Or does the voiceover
>suggest that Ome does indeed
>go to TC?

Unlike the regular promos, the PIP promo VO is not precisely calibrated. Delivered by the sports announcer, it seldom begins and ends at the same place on different airings.

"Missing Misdirection?"
Posted by Krautboy on 03-07-11 at 05:13 PM
As pointed out, the voiceover and promo feature the Ometepe Tribe. Phillip as the boot decoy perhaps, and Rob questioning which of the gals might flip.

There is no mention of Zapatera at all. The only Zap story being Russell's boot from Redemption Island.

The question is, if Zapatera goes back to TC, Stephanie is currently the obvious boot...if they did lose the challenge, wouldn't the promos include some attempt at directing our attention away from the obvious, and present a boot decoy for us to consider?

To me the absence of misdirection says Zapatera is safe this week and there's no reason to waste editing time on them. More likely we will see that story developed the following week if Zapatera returns to TC then.

Rumors of an early merge also support a Zapatera dominance in the challenges. The producers may want to stop the bleeding early and give Rob a chance post merge.

Krautboy

"RE: Missing Misdirection?"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-07-11 at 05:44 PM
Thanks, Krautboy, I am leaning the same way you are. The Zaps seem to be in the clear. I also feel strongly that Phillip is the boot decoy....so who is the boot: Other possible candidates....Kristina, Andrea.

I have been playing around with video captures from the youtube videos of the promos, because Survivor Fever has only downloaded the preview promo and one other. But, VG did get one of the promos posted on youtube, and it starts out with a scene of Rob, Ashley, Andrea, and Natalie, all standing around eating and smiling, then flashes to a picture of Natalie alone, then it goes to a single shot of Mike alone, then a shot of Andrea and Grant smiling at each other then looking at something else from the shelter....then there is alot of RI stuff with Matt vs RussHell, good vs. evil. Here is the video link. You can use the same link to see the PIP promo right there. There is, I think, a tool laying next to the chest for Zapatera. If Grant is way in the lead, than that could make a difference....?

Here is the transcript to the middle promo:

VO: If your'e a castaway you don't want to go to Redemption Island...
RussHell: I don't like it, and I'm gonna make them suffer
VO: If your'e a fan, (shots of all of those folks with tatoos), it's the only place to be on Wednesday night.
RussHell: This duel will be good vs. evil...
VO: Super villain Russel fights for his life
....and what happens next will shock you....New Survivor CBS.

Posted by Krautboy on 03-07-11 at 09:05 PM
>I also feel
>strongly that Phillip is the
>boot decoy....so who is the
>boot: Other possible candidates....Kristina, Andrea.

In EP2 Rob explained that Phillip might be able “to work his way back into the rotation”. Phillip later told Rob, ”You own my vote”.

Last week Rob explained to Phillip that he and Grant had an alliance, that Natalie and Ashley were together and that Phillip was number five. That leaves Andrea and Kristina on the outside of Rob’s alliance.

While Phillip is the odd duck around camp, he is not a threat to Rob, and has apparently worked his way back into the rotation. From the promos he appears to be a boot decoy this week.

The promo shows a picture of Natalie, Ashley and Andrea sitting together in the shelter while the voiceover is Rob saying …”Somebody within my alliance might flip”…suggesting Natalie and Ashley, since he doesn’t consider Andrea part of the alliance. If Natalie and Ashley flipped and teamed up with the other females, Rob, Grant and Phillip would be outnumbered.

The best way to nip this potential flip in the bud is to vote out either Andrea or Kristina, after which the women no longer have the numbers.

When Rob finds out that Matt defeated Russell and is still on Redemption Island, Rob may consider voting out Andrea, to insure that Matt and Andrea can’t reunite in the game. However, since Andrea seems to have aligned with the other young women, getting them to vote her out could be difficult.

Phillip may question Rob's instructions to vote for Kristina, his former alliance partner, but Rob probably reminds him that his vote belongs to him by asking..."Don't you work for me?"

Phillip will be on the "hot seat", the boot decoy decoy in trouble for questioning Rob, and acting weird around camp, but in the end the simplest solution for Rob is to vote out Kristina, who has already lost his trust and no longer has an idol to protect her.

Krautboy

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-07-11 at 10:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-11 AT 10:49 PM (EST)

yeah, I agree with all this stellar logic.

About the swap idea, I don't expect one, because it would put Rob at risk, and the producers want him to make the merge, you know they do. Any time they swap, the tribe that is at a numerical disadvantage has a good chance to be screwed. Look at Espada last time, they lost two members from each new tribe before the merge. In the status quo, Ometepe is down in numbers, but Rob is relatively safe. At least when the merge comes a player can try to win immunity. Post-swap there is often no way to maneuver; look at Aaron in China as well, from leader to toast.

I thought that CBS might pull a real surprise boot and neglect to promote Zapatera at all, then zing, they go to TC where the story is all set up for Stephanie. My argument was that there is zero suspense to be had at Zapatera, no realistic decoy boot. Stephanie burned every bridge last time.

However, I think Ometepe is at a disadvantage in this challenge. Krista is sitting out. Mike and Steve are beasts. We don't see them perform. We see Grant, which impresses us with Ometepe. Right, but Grant is the ONLY Ometepe who has the fire to slay that digging task in short shrift.

I do not think that Rob will base the boot on keeping the tribe strong. In Villains, he protected Sandra and Courtney, the two most useless members for challenges. All he cares about is keeping his alliance in the game, and getting rid of people who challenge him.

Rob won't care if Philip is annoying, so long as Philip is loyal.
Natalie is loyal.
Andrea COULD be called an alliance member who might flip, so not sure if he's worried about Ashley and Grant.

The obvious boot is Kristina. The only wild card is her ability to find an idol without clues. That alone makes her super dangerous. And, Rob is going to have to split the vote again ...

so he has to think about having enough numbers to do that ... which makes him wonder whether Philip and Andrea are rock solid. Rob has a solid four. That's a majority, but only if he's willing to leave Kristina in the game and not even try to get her.

To split the vote, he has 2-2 for sure, but if both Andrea and Philip flip-flop to vote with Kristina, they have three and can vote Rob out.

Also, someone has to be the alt boot in case Kristina has an idol and plays it. Rob can't expect Andrea to stay with him if she is knowingly the alt boot. Philip, now, as a secret agent he may be sold on the secret ops angle, but it's still a risk.

I think Rob has to tell Andrea and Philip to vote Kristina, along with one of his 4, while the other three vote Philip or Andrea.

Andrea -- The girls and Grant were ready to vote Andrea in Ep 2, until Matt shook the enemy's hand, so I see no issue there. You know that members of a harem can be glad to see fewer girls in the harem. Sounds like Ashley and Grant are solid, and Andrea is on the outs.

Philip -- Natalie and Ashley are all annoyed with him, Andrea too. In fact, that might be a good way to get Andrea to vote the way Rob wants.

Then Rob has to instruct them to vote Kristina if there's a tie (no idol).

Summary: because the idol is a question mark, Rob is in a position where his majority isn't enough to control the vote outcome, so long as Andrea feels on the outs and could join with Kristina, and if Philip feels insecure -- as he almost voted with Kristina once before. Rob is going to have to work some magic on the troops to get Kristina out of there.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-07-11 at 11:47 PM
Hi OFG, I follow your thoughts right down the line. Definitely, I am seriously doubting a swap. I, too, have not ruled out Zap completely. As you note, no need to even tease us with shots from the Zap camp, because we know who is the likely forerunner, Stephanie.

There are some thoughts on that Challenge. There are some survivor things that would favor women....untying knots, for example. Squeezing through, over, and under obstacles while attached to a rope that is twisted all over the place. Also, when Grant grabs that shovel, you can clearly see something lying beside the Zap chest on the ground...if that's a shovel, Grant could get a lead.

Also, there could be a puzzle to complete at the end of that rope chop...something that might make someone stumble, or give the lagging team a chance to catch up. That rope attached to the log is clearly meant to do something...raise a flag, release puzzle pieces....something. That Zap group is at the sidelines and they are nervous. If the Zaps win, it's going to be close, imo.

I just have a red flag thinking it's not going to be as clear cut as it seems. Kristina is clearly a great choice and my number one choice for boot from Ometepe. She is looking for that idol like a dog on a bone...that's got to be a cramp in everyone's side over there. OTOH, is Andrea. She would be an easy choice if they thought Kristina had found the idol....I don't buy for one second that they are friends and they wouldn't want to vote her out. Rob will explain that they all voted Matt out, and he's winning the RI duels...it is a very valid assumption that he could make it back, and they don't know when. If he does, Andrea will run right back to him and cause alot of trouble. Best way to deal with them is to vote her out and then at least they can't double team them. I bet they would all vote Andrea out eagerly.

When Rob is heard talking about someone in my alliance could flip....I think he's saying that in a confessional when he finds out that RussHell was voted out....he's going to feel happy that RussHell is gone, but insecure that these newbies will boot him out pronto. I think Andrea is the one that he's referencing....he told her that she's still in....she thinks she's still in. When he makes that comment, Andrea, Ashley, Natalie were shown on the screen. Of those three, clearly it's Andrea that he's referencing.

Some think that Andrea has more of a story. I see that her story is entwined with Matt's. And they will have a reunion....only it could be on RI. Her story arc could have already peaked. Rob is playing this game to win....so, last week it was What would Rooster do, this week it's still, WWRD, What would Rob do?

There are 2 vidcaps of Kristina in the promos. In the first preview promo, she is seen when they mention the idol is still in play. In the full promo she is seen sitting next to Phillip at the RI challenge. That is it. She doesn't even have a single press image of just her. OTOH, Andrea is all over the promos....seen when Rob says someone in my alliance will flip, then she's seen with Grant in the shelter, then she's seen with Rob and the girls, she has a single press image shot, as well as a press image shot with the others. If Kristina is a complicated ouster, why not go the easy route?

But, Krautboy is always the voice of reason...I have been off for every episode... Would like to hear others thoughts...maybe we should start to have a boot discussion thread...

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-08-11 at 01:18 AM
It could be a good idea to start a new topic, FP. This one is too long already, and the episode topic isn't that focused ... or we could tag onto that one.

Everything you say is kaching, gold, I can't really argue with any of it, which means I can't seal the deal on any choice. You are right; there is every reason for Rob to boot Andrea, and we know he has the support. He had it in Ep 2. Here are some possibly weak counterpoints.

1) Even though Andrea could reunite with Matt, that is actually a more remote chance --because it involves Matt winning a number of duels-- than the CERTAINTY that Kristina would flop to Zapatera. She is older. Zapatera is mature people (with the harem gone). Kristina has nothing with Ometepe. Would Matt have any connection with Zapatera? Doubtful. They have enough alpha males, and he and Andrea are young and threats.

So ... they can play up the Andrea/Matt threat, but it's still less of a threat with Matt gone than Kristina is ... not gone. But people do lose perspective.

I think Andrea is a long term character because of the attention she got in the first episode, even though she was not necessary to develop. Similar to Natalie, and Matt too. Now perhaps Matt's whole story is that he takes out Russell. That really is a big story.

Francesca said that Matt and Andrea were close from Day One, but we were not shown them as a couple until Ep 2. That did allow the Matt boot to be a surprise, but it also gave Andrea her own story, independent of Matt. She told us about herself after Philip corrected her chopping technique.

I love the idea the Rob is scared when he learns that Russell is gone. That would certainly pop any balloon of false security.

I don't see a problem with Kristina being low profile in the promos. My theory behind the original OFG theory was always that the boot must be introduced. In Kristina's case, she has already been a boot target, who was saved by the idol last time.

In the past, editing has built players up as boot targets, and then backed away from them when it's actually their time. They need to make them obvious targets because of the earlier story revolving around them, but then they like to focus the spotlight on other players, as if we'll think the target has shifted.

For example, with Stephanie, even though right now she is sooo toast, when Zapatera is about to lose we may see some drama about Rooster's idol, or Steve's NFL history, or how Julie almost flipped ... to make us think she has a chance.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-09-11 at 08:44 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-11 AT 08:47 AM (EST)

You know, to me it looks like the Ome's had another player crow bar the box open, then Grant runs in to grab the shovel and dig up the axe...

Also, I just noticed this picture of Rob...

Look what is hanging right over his head...found this amusing....I guess nothing fazes you when you live with alot of women...

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-05-11 at 11:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-11 AT 11:39 PM (EST)

These were posted by AstroRocks at Sucks, Mess Hall....didn't say where he got them but in the address is cbs.com...

Rob and Steve are in the exact same place, looking at the exact same thing, and they are doing the exact same thing...definitely at the challenge, but at the digging challenge Steve has his shirt on and his buff is on his wrist?

ETA: Never mind....I just went to the CBS site and these pictures of Steve and Rob are from episode 3....at least that's what they are labeled as...?

Posted by Blind Freddy on 03-08-11 at 03:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-11 AT 04:03 PM (EST)

E4 chal preview video up at CBS...
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=tgjx9oJguxYonXxC_U5PWj0UX7OOD4_x

'Toolin' Around'
(Sear Craftsman product placement chal)

2 players open box using pry bars...inside box is shovel.

Take shovel and dig in sand to find ax

Log chop releases a flag and 2 hand saws

2 Players saw thru a plank wall(on each side of color coded puzzle planks)

Take 8 sawn puzzle planks with holes to match pegs on ramp...

Tribe up ramp w/craftsman toolkit...

1 last player hammers in 3 nails to break tile beneath.

Edit to add caps

Posted by SquidProQuo on 03-08-11 at 04:50 PM
Thanks Blind Freddy! Looks like this challenge is a shameless plug for Sears craftsman tools .

Interesting that with all the big strong guys on their team, Zap would pick Julie to shovel. Then again, her arms sure are muscular. But I just can't imagine her being able to compete with Grant on this leg of the challenge.

Rooster should definitely kick butt in this challenge....and wasn't Boston Rob a former construction worker? Some of the girls like Stephanie will probably be awful though.

The other tidbit that is interesting is that they say at the end that "the tribe that wins will get a huge reward." Perhaps we shouldn't take that literally, esp. since have the RI duel. But it did catch my attention because FloPo posted in another thread that Dalton Ross tweeted that we'll be hearing the words "Want to you know what you playing for" again on Wed. Is there any way they could squeeze in an RI duel, RC and IC? I suppose Jeff could still say those words if it's a combined challenge.

Posted by CTgirl on 03-08-11 at 06:32 PM
Maybe the team that wins gets to take all the tools back to their camp with them. That could be considered huge.

Posted by vince3 on 03-08-11 at 06:43 PM
My wonder about that would be, though, they already got a tool basket of goodies from Craftsman/Sears to start the season...

Posted by SquidProQuo on 03-09-11 at 06:15 PM
I was thinking the same thing, Vince. The tools themselves don't seem like a huge reward.

Could they get an outhouse or have natives help them build a better Sears Craftsman shelter or something like that?

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-08-11 at 07:15 PM
Thanks so much for posting the pictures of the challenge, BF! They are great! Well, now we know that grabbing the shovel out of the crate is the start of the challenge, so Julie is already gone? She's a firefighter and knows how to handle a crow bar and I would imagine a shovel as well...Grant could catch up....then Rooster and Rob, I'll bet that they will be pretty even as well. I am thinking that the men in the Ometepe tribe will have to do this entire challenge, save the puzzle steps at the end...

To me, by far the hardest part of the challenge will be sawing the puzzle steps off....More than likely Grant and Phillip will do that. If anyone lags behind, Rob will step in....Rob will most likely do the puzzle steps with Kristina?

For the Zaps, we see Julie do the ax digging, Rooster doing the chopping, Steve and Mike will do the sawing and David the puzzle steps....the girls on both tribes will be left carrying the tool box...

You know, this could be a close one....will come down to Grant and Phillip vs. Mike and Steve maybe. If Grant can't saw and a girl has to, they are DOOMED.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 03-08-11 at 10:14 PM
This is great to have ...

Rob was a carpenter, which means sawing and hammering expert, but not axe chopping. Rooster is a country boy, so I say he will beat Rob there.

So Rob cannot help with the puzzle part, or the sawing? It doesn't look good for Ometepe. I wonder which part Philip will screw up.

Posted by dabo on 03-08-11 at 10:51 PM
Farmer, firewoman, marine, flower child, this challenge seems Zap-friendly.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-09-11 at 07:41 AM
Hi OFG....I don't know, I went and watched the video at the CBS site, and Mr. Kirkhoffer said that they all do it all together....I definitely got the impression that Rob will be able to help with the other parts. If only one person has to do each event, there is no way he'd put Grant on digging up the ax, no? If Rob leaves Phillip and a girl to do the sawing, which to me seems the hardest part, then he's screwed for sure.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-09-11 at 09:37 AM
This challenge will come down, imo, to how the daws choose to run it. They will all do it together. Remember in some of the water challenges with Ozzy, he did multiple legs in leiu of some other slower folks....if they are allowed to do that in this challenge, the Ome's may have a chance.

Best case scenarios:

1. Crow bar leg to open chest and get shovel: Zap: David or girl, Ome: Andrea?
2. Grab shovel, dig up ax: Zap: Julie, Ome: Grant
3. Ax chop to release the saws: Zap: Rooster, Ome: Rob
4. Saw down the wall to get the planks for the ramp....IMO, this is the leg that will win or lose the challenge. We see in Blind Freddy's vidcaps that the Purple team was way ahead of the Orange team, yet the Orange team SMOKED the purple team at the sawing, pulled ahead and easily won the challenge. So, if Rob participates here with Phillip or Grant, I think they'd have a chance....if a girl does this with Phillip, they are doomed. Most likely to do this challenge: Zap: Mike/Steve Ome: Phillip? Grant? Rob? Andrea? Most likely to succeed at this: Grant/Rob?
5. Place the planks: This is not a real puzzle, more like a matching challenge....Ome: all of the girls and Phillip - Actually, we see the same guy that did the sawing placing a plank, so I think they all can place a plank, so all from both tribes
6. Hammer: Zap: Rooster, Ome: Rob

So, there is a chance that the Ome's could win....it will depend on whether Rob and Grant are "allowed" to be on fire here...of course Rooster could be "on fire" as well...No doubt about it though, at this stage the Zaps should be heavily favored.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 03-09-11 at 06:13 PM
I agree, the sawing part appears to be most critical.

I really hope they don't allow 1 or 2 players to do multiple parts -- that will take the fun out of it. But I agree it seems odd that Grant would be doing the digging -- would make more sense to "save" him for the sawing section.

Personally I think it'll come down to the women of each tribe (if they do indeed have to do a part).

Posted by suzzee on 03-09-11 at 11:49 AM
The video shows dream teamers bringing a tool box to each station with them. Maybe to collect the tools used during the challenge?

A Tribe masterpiece