URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7567
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ep 13, "This is Going to Hurt", Vidcaps"

Posted by Flowerpower on 12-09-10 at 09:13 AM
Episode 13, This is Going to Hurt, along with the preview vidcaps are all courtesy of Survivor Fever! Thanks, as always.

Transcript:

Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...

Probst : Come on in guys!

Probst: With only two episodes left, the stakes are higher than ever.

Probst : Sash, I'll take back the necklace.

Probst: And at the challenge, the winners get enough luxury to keep them strong until the end.

Fabio : Ohhhh, man.

Probst: And as for the losers...

Probst : They will be taken and executed.

Side note: I copy the episode number from Survivor Fever....I don't really know if this is episode 13 or 14. But, for the sake of clarity, the Episode title is noted.

This is about the time for a family visit, no? But, I think last season there was no family visit....? I would speculate that if Fabio does not win immunity this episode, he could be toast...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Ep 13, "This is Going to Hurt", Vidcaps"
Posted by samboohoo on 12-09-10 at 10:51 AM
We're only getting shots of one challenge. We know it's IC because Chase has the necklace, and Jeff is taking it back. Jeff refers to the winners (plural) getting luxury.

Could be family visit. The one challenge clip looks like there are two sides with colors. Maybe the player is on one side, the family member on the other.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by SpotTheDifference on 12-09-10 at 12:38 PM
It was Samoa that didn't have a family visit challenge. Last season had Colby blaming everything on his brother Reed/Reid in the throw-water-at-the-family-member challenge.

I agree that this looks like family visit. I see six glasses on the table spread: three stacks of two glasses each. It could be that three pairs win this reward. Weird though if they're discussing rewards during an immunity challenge.

There's also two different challenge setups in the caps this week:

This one has six pairs of tables (possible puzzle pieces) separated by lines of rope.

This one looks rather different (beachside instead of inland), with *I think* a bag of some sort hanging on one of the tables.

Posted by tribephyl on 12-09-10 at 01:42 PM
Pretty sure it's just 1 combined challenge this week.
In the first pic, you can see the shoreline quite distinctly at the bottom.
My thought is that the survivors are shown their loved ones, they compete to see which 3 will be able to visit AND of those 3 they will compete again to see which 1 wins immunity.

Posted by Brownroach on 12-09-10 at 02:24 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-10 AT 02:39 PM (EST)

But TDT pointed out that Jeff is seen in two different hats: a red one when he's taking the necklace back, and a blue one when he makes the "executed" comment. Also, his shirt looks not quite identical: in the red cap pics there is an extra strip of fabric above the left pocketflap and a little tab thing next to the pocket that aren't there in the blue cap pic.

Unless they used the Buff-O-Matic on Jeff but I don't see why they would think it necessary.

ETA: which is not to say the two caps Spot posted are not from the same challenge, because I agree with you that they are. But I think there's probably a separate second challenge we aren't seeing the layout for yet.

Posted by rachelOH63 on 12-09-10 at 01:52 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-10 AT 05:30 PM (EST)

I was thinking the challenge with 2 tables each, separated by hurdles, was RC. And the shots of Sash, having his necklace removed, were just in there to throw us off. Maybe family member works on one table while DAW has to run back & forth, over hurdles to get puzzle pieces to them. Maybe there's a puzzle on each end, but pieces are mixed up between the two tables. Looks like some fabric covering the table when they enter.
eta typo

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-09-10 at 03:04 PM
I'm intrigued by the several vidcaps of Jeff taking the II from Sash. Have we ever been shown this in the vidcaps in the past? Why show Sash getting his II taken away from him?

Posted by esquire on 12-09-10 at 02:35 PM
I wonder if this is an auction instead of a RC and that the last prizes up for bid would be the feast and then some time with a loved one

"Where Is This?"
Posted by dabo on 12-09-10 at 02:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-10 AT 03:02 PM (EST)

Boat?

Somewhere else?

"RE: Where Is This?"
Posted by Georjanna on 12-09-10 at 03:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-10 AT 03:18 PM (EST)

On a not-very-ship-shape sailboat ... somewhere?

ETA: Oops! I missed your "Boat" tucked between the two caps. And thus your point.

The backgrounds (and the glasses) do look different, don't they?

G

Posted by kiki_k on 12-09-10 at 05:09 PM

Am I crazy or is there something tucked into one of those napkins (looks to be 3rd or 4th from top)? It cannot be a HII clue, can it? With two out there, that will really, really suck, imo.

Posted by dabo on 12-09-10 at 05:21 PM
IC helper perhaps? Yes, there does seem to be something clueish rolled up there.

Posted by rachelOH63 on 12-09-10 at 05:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-10 AT 05:39 PM (EST)

That champagne glass looks like an auction block. And (here I'm inputting my first actual, off-the-cuff memory of a Survivor & their name without looking it up) Taj in Toca-something... won an auction item, and got to see her husband - "See you at camp", he said.... So maybe whoever buys that champagne glass gets the family visit and the boat and brings 2 people along...??? (there are 6 glasses...but doubt it is for 6 survivors themselves...)

ETA: And good eye, Kiki, I think it will be an IC tip also.

Posted by dabo on 12-09-10 at 06:05 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-10 AT 06:08 PM (EST)

Yes, it does seem like an auction block. Plus, on video you can see the bubbly is bubbling.

And... I hesitate to point it out... but they may have finally gotten around to something Dan is good at.

"Episode description"
Posted by kiki_k on 12-09-10 at 07:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-10 AT 07:19 PM (EST)

A SPECIAL VISIT FROM HOME OFFERS THE FINAL SIX CASTAWAYS INCENTIVE TO WIN, ON "SURVIVOR: NICARAGUA," WEDNESDAY, DEC. 15

"This is Going to Hurt" - After an emotional visit from home, one alliance is faced with a difficult decision to secure their own fate in the game, on SURVIVOR: NICARAGUA, Wednesday, Dec. 15 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

One alliance is faced with a difficult decision? After Dan's vote for Fabio last TC, are they still an alliance? My guess is that Fabio was going to be booted by Sash/Chase/Holly/Jane & he wins IC. The difficult decision is who from their own alliance are they going to boot now.

Posted by Georjanna on 12-11-10 at 00:10 AM
As always, with a great deal of appreciation for Survivor Fever's expertise and dedication:

Note: Volcanic Glass has posted another vidcap in the Episode Thread/Post 23 in SSucks Spoiler Forum that broadens the shot below enough to show a lady (who, I assume, is the young man's out-of-the-game "Mom") standing on the mat behind Sash ... with a hairstyle remarkably similar to Jane's. Honest ...

In the same Thread/Post 23 at SSucks, there is also a vidcap that more clearly shows what is in Holly's right hand in the one below: a bag of puzzle pieces that the contestants have to retrieve from the pool(?)

But, I'm puzzled by the fact that the fully-clothed "loved ones" all look as though they are poised to run somewhere other than to the stations behind them.

Transcript:

Announcer: Only 2 Survivor episodes to go

Fabio : I wanna see my family, man.

Announcer: CBS, Wednesday...

Jeff Probst: Here's your mom...

Chase: Oh my God.

Jeff Probst: Here's your daughter...

Jeff Probst: ...your son...

Announcer: A family challenge...

Charles : Go Holly!

Announcer: ...brings out the best...

Probst: I am so touched by the affection.

Announcer: ...and the worst in the Survivors.

Fabio : I kinda got played there. He straight up lied to me.

Dan: Forget you, forget me, ??? it for Jane.

Note: I think that Dan says, "Forget you. Forget me. He did it to Jane!

Jane: By God I started it, I'll put it out.

Posted by kiki_k on 12-11-10 at 00:18 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-10 AT 00:22 AM (EST)

Thanks for posting this.

I watched the webpromo 2x and I agree with you -- Dan says: "Forget you. Forget me. He did it to Jane!" LOL -- they really should use subtitles for Dan.

I *think* maybe Chase made some more promises re: if he wins RC he'll take Fabio, Jane, Dan, whoever -- and breaks that promise again.

And, btw, if Chase does make another promise to take someone on reward & breaks it, he is officially not only a stupid person, he is a bad & person -- not just in Survivor, in life. Why make any promises and why mess with people's emotions like that?!?!?!?! It gives you absolutely no advantage in Survivor or IRL. Dumb@ss.

eta: actually, I should have written that Dan says: "Forget you. Forget me. He did it ta Jane."

Posted by Georjanna on 12-11-10 at 01:02 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-10 AT 01:13 AM (EST)

I'm a West Virginian - East, West, North, South ... no-one other than Texans and Arkansans understand our twang - who lived on the Outer Banks of North Carolina briefly. And it took me 14 of the 18 months that we were down there in the Tidewater/Low Country to learn how to correctly pronounce Norfolk ...

So, it's Jane's accent that is driving me crazy!

ETA: Speaking of Dan, can you tell if he even makes it to the pool (after production obligingly cut its width in half for him)? I think that might be him under that huge splash as everyone else is heading back, but I'm not sure.

Posted by kiki_k on 12-11-10 at 03:08 AM
Hmm, you are right -- in the pool I see (from foreground to background):

Fabio
Jane
Splash
Chase
Holly

The splash doesn't *seem* to be coming from any of the visible swimmers, so maybe Dan is under there. But I don't actually see him at all.

"Order in the challenge..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 12-11-10 at 07:14 PM
Here are the order of the daws in the challenge:

This vidcap spells it out:

From the far end to the proximal end:

Holly - yellow, Chase - dark blue, Dan - green(Splash), Jane - light blue, Fabio - red, and then Sash - purple, is the closest.

I concur, I think that Dan in indeed in the splash, and most likely is making the splash.

Posted by Flowerpower on 12-11-10 at 09:24 AM
Well, I hate to editorialize here but this season is probably the worst bunch of players ever assembled. Clearly, they have taken the game to a very low level. They are all a bunch of babies...I haven't been in the Missyea threads, so I don't know, but it looks as though Chase wins the Reward Challenge with the Loved ones and chooses two others to go along with him, perhaps? Looks like he takes Holly and Sash this time, leaving Fabio, Dan, and Jane to sulk back at camp. Looks like Jane gets very vindicitive and vengeful, puts out the fire. Wow, I don't suppose those actions could put a target on your back?

I agree with those above on the comments regarding Chase. Definitely not the brightest bulb on the tree. This group is upsetting because those with idols have a pass to the end as the others are too weak to contemplate a plan...

"Missyae hasn't given any specifics"
Posted by kiki_k on 12-11-10 at 09:44 AM
So it isn't confirmed that Chase wins RC -- but it seems pretty likely based on the vidcaps.

Funny thing too -- in the interview Benry did with RNO he said that Chase had also promised to take him on the RCs. My bet is Chase promised everybody to take him/her on reward thinking that if they won they would take him. But as Rob C. points out in his blog, the only people who should go around promising to take others on reward are those who have no possibility of winning -- that way they garner goodwill but don't actually have to follow through by making a choice.

GAH! He's the king of the dumb@sses in a season of dumb@sses.

"Missyae hasn't given any specifics"
Posted by rachelOH63 on 12-11-10 at 11:25 AM
(1) I agree ~ looks like Chase, Sash, and Holly go on reward. Looks like Jane, Dan, and Fabio are back at camp, alone, and crying because they didn't get to spend more time with family.
(2) I think the family members are getting ready to run away from the pool ~ there's a barrel behind them. Are the bags puzzle pieces or just sandbags to lob onto the barrels? (Although that's been done a lot already this season). The second promo has a flash overhead of the pool challenge, but i can't see it to see what else is in the challenge.
(3) Why are Sash & Chase looking to their left while waiting for the IC to begin? Are family members coming back? Or just a coincidence? Maybe family members do help with the IC of tables and hurdles?
(4) Or maybe not. Maybe it is a memory challenge, where survivors have to run to one table, memorize, and then run to the other table and set-up or recreate whatever they saw on the first table....
(5) Happy Saturday!

"RE: Missyae hasn't given any specifics"
Posted by vince3 on 12-11-10 at 06:11 PM
It's been a while since I treaded in the Missayae threads, but I think I recall a mention that there might be two seperate challenge runs during the individual portion... Maybe Chase does win Reward again, and again breaks promises for who to take with... and this time Jane's on the bad side of the broken promise, which prompts her to extinguish the fire which had been going strong since practically day 1... even to the point of burning down most of the place...

Posted by Georjanna on 12-14-10 at 02:09 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-14-10 AT 11:45 PM (EST)

Courtesy of Survivor Fever

Note: Because many of them were virtual copies of those that have already been posted here, I only brought a few of the vidcaps of the RC over.

Transcript:

Announcer: A family challenge brings out the best and worst in the Survivors.

Fabio : I kinda got played there. He straight up lied to me.

Dan: Forget you, forget me, ??? it for Jane.

Jane: By God I started it, I'll put it out.

Note: A preview of the Immunity Challenge is now up at the CBS site.

A thought:

The IC could take some time. There are at least two bags of puzzle pieces to be shuttled from Points B back to Points A. And I doubt that the players will be allowed to bring more than one back per trip.

Posted by Georjanna on 12-14-10 at 09:06 PM
Episode Thirteen Press Images
From Survivor Fever

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-15-10 at 06:12 AM
Thank you so much for the press photos, the immunity link, the caps, Georgianna, and as always to FloPo for this topic and the vidcaps!

The newest promo I've seen (during The Good Wife) shows Jane dousing the fire, and I can see Dan is in the shelter as well as Jud who appeared in the caps. Judging by the press photo above, these 3 are indeed left home alone and Jane is mad as can be.

"This is Going to Hurt" may well be what Jane's daughter tells her at the RC. missyae is hinting that Jane will learn her dog (or one of them) has died in her absence. Very sad despite the strong Fairplay echoes. And her buddy STILL doesn't take her. (no, it's not known who makes the decision, but I think it's a HE based on what Dan said about "he did it to Jane." This may not even be the extent of the bad news.

Posted by Georjanna on 12-15-10 at 12:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-10 AT 01:20 PM (EST)

OFG,

I agree with you about those left behind. But it does nag a bit that in the scene that features Dan's comments - "Forget you. Forget me...." - we really can't see if he's talking to Jud (Fabio) or to someone else. And you just know that that is deliberate.

I also agree that Jane's daughter's bad news may be something more (at least, financially) devasting than the death of a pet. Jane's dogs are also Jane's living and I wonder if the news is about something that has destroyed (or that threatens to destroy) her ability to continue to operate her kennel.

I've also been batting around the suggestion (above) that there is an IIC "aid" rolled up in one of the napkins provided to the RC guests. But, if there is a visible indication of an advantage to any of the players in the vidcaps of the IIC, I can't find it.

And why there are two (or more) bags hanging at each of the far stations of the IIC layout is also, I think, intriguing. I'm anxious to see how it plays out.

G

Posted by rachelOH63 on 12-15-10 at 01:44 PM
It looks like outlines (like chalk outlines around dead bodies!) on the shields on their IC first table. I want to guess that they have to find the puzzle piece that fits into that outline and bring it back. But unless those outlines are engraved so they can feel them, I don't know how they would do this while blindfolded...

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-15-10 at 08:29 PM
The final outlines can't be engraved. The challenge is place them by memory, not feel. So they place them relative to each other. Maybe there is a hole or some indicator for the spots, that is the same for each spot.

I don't think there is an IC advantage.

Posted by dabo on 12-15-10 at 02:53 PM
IC advantage, given what we know of the challenge, could be what? Fewer loops in the guide rope, invisible blindfold, one bag instead of two, fewer pieces to fill in on shield? It may not be enough to give the holder a win advantage, there's still a course to run.

He did it to... Been thinking about this, Dan could be stating his perspective in the game. Marty gave Sash the HII which changed the course of events without gaining Marty much of anything, but Marty's game put his allies at a big disadvantage, and it also painted a big target on Jane.

Goes to their heads theme has been strong this season.