URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7558
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S21 Nicaragua Episode #12 ECST"

Posted by Snidget on 12-01-10 at 08:30 PM
Please keep all discussion of tonight's events on this thread until it has aired on the West Coast.

I'm calling it ep 12 as that is how it seems to be numbered in anything with official numbering.

Da Rules

1. If CBS shows it tonight it stays here and only here until the show has finished airing on the West Coast. People may want to check out other spoiler threads (or the never post spoilers there at any time forums) until the show airs in their time zone, let them do that AND be able to watch the show fresh for them.

2. All spoiler information regardless of the source can be discussed here the moment it is seen on the show tonight. For example, as soon as we see the outcome of the reward challenge discussing who had it right, wrong, or otherwise regardless of what kind of spoiler info it was is fair game.

3. Spoiler information of any kind that is about future events shall be kept off this thread so everyone at all levels of spoilage can participate.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Previously"
Posted by Snidget on 12-01-10 at 09:02 PM
Storms, Fire, A month made one thing clear...no place for the weak.

Holly melted down, but turned around,
Nayonka wanted to bail, but turned around
Purple Kelly hit the wall, she stayed out of obedience.

Last tribal. Brenda taken out, tried to get Nayonka out, Sash didn't save Brenda and she had to go back to the apartment, pack her things, and go home.

"Tribal Fall Out"
Posted by Snidget on 12-01-10 at 09:05 PM
Purple Kelly feels the bottom of any alliance she may be in.
Nayonka thinks everything made her look good and she intimidates everyone.

Holly Jane Nayonka and Chase seem to be the tight alliance.

"It's a Day Luge!"
Posted by Snidget on 12-01-10 at 09:14 PM
But all wet and rainy, not icy with funny looking sleds.

Everyone talking about how bad it is out there.
Fabio goes to his happy place.

Benry happy to see people just up and quit.

Nayonka gives Chase her idol.

Jane, Holly, Chase, and Sash now a four strong alliance, maybe, if people leave.

Sash trusts Nay and Purple Kelly the most and wishes they would stay, could go with Dan, Fabio and Benry, but...

"RE: It's a Day Luge!"
Posted by Karchita on 12-02-10 at 01:13 AM
Really, Sash? Really?

If he still trust NaOnka, he isn't nearly as smart as I thought he was.

"Reward Challenge"
Posted by Snidget on 12-01-10 at 09:20 PM
Reward is a movie, popcorn and candy.

School Yard Pick for Teams.

Fabio, Sash, Jane, Purple Kelly--Yellow

Benry, Chase, Nayonka, Holly, Blue

Dan backs the blue team

Rescue the 8 foot dummy/Gullivar.

"RE: Reward Challenge"
Posted by Snidget on 12-01-10 at 09:24 PM
Yellow heads out first, Blue just behind. Carry the dummy through the mud, over a wall (neck and neck). Can't toss him over, have to carry him.

Tied getting over the first wall, but blue gets a foot caught, then catch up going through the ropes and hay. Yellow gets out first dragging Jane.

Into a tunnel and have to go over and under ropes.
Neck and neck again.

Blue has a bit of a lead now, Jeff yelling at yellow to get a move on. Nayonka takes a hard fall, but they win reward.

"Nayonka interrupts Jeff's description of the full reward"
Posted by Snidget on 12-01-10 at 09:29 PM
Says today is her last day.
Purple Kelly also says it is her last day.

They need to listen to their body and quit.

Jeff is not good. Nayonka stole food, Kelly you wanted to quit before and didn't.

We will do tribal tonight and give you until then to think about it. This close to being one of the quitters nobody remembers.

We still have a reward to deal with. If one person from the winning team that will give up the reward, can take back tarp and enough rice for the last 11 days. This is a Hero move. Holly will do it.

Holly gives Nayonka the you wouldn't step up if you are leaving anyway. She thinks she misjudged Nayonka.

Tribal tonight, four go off for reward.

"RE: Nayonka interrupts Jeff's description of the full reward"
Posted by byoffer on 12-01-10 at 09:34 PM
I can't believe Naonka didn't step up. She really is scum.

Holly's comment upon returning to camp is valid though - getting the new tarp helps them - and her - for 11 days whereas the reward is just for one day. Plus you have to think this helps her with the jury (if she can get there). Great move for her!

Posted by michel on 12-01-10 at 10:07 PM
Great move? It will be one more reason to vote her out. Kinda like Cindy and the car choice; doing something nice for others puts a target on your back.

Posted by kiki_k on 12-02-10 at 00:22 AM
My thoughts exactly. In Survivor, no one wants the "nice guy (or gal)" in the F3.

"That was crazy!"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-01-10 at 10:13 PM
Why was it so difficult for her? It was costing her next to nothing, considering that the very same night she would be at the LL eating whatever she wanted. Selfish brat.

"RE: That was crazy!"
Posted by dabo on 12-02-10 at 00:34 AM
You're too kind to that loathesome self-centered delusional good for nothing bitch. She actually found a worse way to quit.

"RE: That was crazy!"
Posted by Karchita on 12-02-10 at 01:16 AM
NaOinka is scum. Absolute scum.

"Holly to Kelly "suck it up""
Posted by byoffer on 12-01-10 at 09:36 PM
Kelly to Holly - "I have nothing left to suck"

"RE: Holly to Kelly "suck it up""
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-01-10 at 09:40 PM
>Kelly to Holly - "I have nothing left to suck"

hey, she'll be remembered for sure -- for that line and milking the milk ...

"RE: Holly to Kelly "suck it up""
Posted by michel on 12-01-10 at 10:08 PM
I'd have told Jeff: Everyone remembers Osten.
(But Osten had a stellar edit compared to Kelly!)

"Back at Camp"
Posted by Snidget on 12-01-10 at 09:36 PM
Getting the tarp up fast as it looks like it is going to rain.

Holly tries to give Kelly Purple a pep talk, there will be lot worse things than this. She says she's been sucking it up for days and has nothing left to suck.

"Reward"
Posted by Snidget on 12-01-10 at 09:41 PM
Chase thinks Nayonka should have stepped down, but she gave 110%, I'm not no fool.

Gulliver's Travels, preview.

Benry concerned about Nayonka and hoping she will leave.

Nay is feeling good and explosive, if she stays she could win a million dollars.

Back at camp they like the new set up with the tarp, and Kelly says nothing is set, but says the tarp and rice can't get her through, will be hard, but not final until she gets there.

They head off to tribal.

"Tribal"
Posted by byoffer on 12-01-10 at 09:55 PM

Jeff is P!SSED. Good to see he still hates quitters.

I wonder what made Alina cry about what happened?

"RE: Tribal"
Posted by Snidget on 12-01-10 at 09:58 PM
Realizing the quitters will be at the Ponderosa when she gets back and she'll have to deal with them until the end?

Posted by michel on 12-01-10 at 10:11 PM
For Alina, it must have been hard to see that the tribe spared Na'Onka over her only to see Nay leave. It was more or less her spot that Na was occupying.

Posted by byoffer on 12-01-10 at 10:51 PM
That's how I read it also.

Funny, but it seemed that Alina and Marty were the most upset about the quitters. I think Marty would have done just about anything to be back in the game, and seeing 2 quitters in his spot really burned him.

Posted by michel on 12-01-10 at 11:15 PM
Brenda seemed to enjoy it a lot when Na said she thought she could win. Na'Onka proved her point; Sash and the others were stupid to go along with Na instead of her.

Posted by kiki_k on 12-02-10 at 00:19 AM
That's my read too -- she was crying because she should have had NaOnka's place.

I do have to thank NaOnka for one thing, though -- she P.O.'d Marty when he was in the game & she P.O.'d him when he was on the jury. I'm looking forward to her P.O.ing him at Ponderosa. I really hate Marty.

Posted by dabo on 12-02-10 at 00:40 AM
On the plus side Marty may actually employ a strategy with her at the Ponderosa that never would have occured to Marty in the game. The silent treatment.

"Tribal Council"
Posted by Snidget on 12-01-10 at 09:55 PM
Cue dramatic music and thunder.

Camp comes in, people from reward come in, bring in the jury.

Jeff explains that people want to quit, jury looks shocked.

Holly you wanted to quit, what made you stay. Talked to Jimmy J. Now she made it this far, why not try to go as far as you can.

Jane, every day is not a walk in the park. I can hang in there, I wish they could, gotta have the willingness to get it done.

Nay says it hit her hard because it was raining and windy and her joint hurts, but she's from a long line of strong black women.

Purple Kelly feels her body is breaking down, can I really stick it out, this is the worst days I've ever had.

Benry, winners never quit, quitters never win. They are capable but they won't.

Fabio do you think it is an age thing--we are the same age, I don't care if it is snowing, I'm staying.

Nay you have this great reward, had a ball today, let's have a good time. I do think I have a shot to win, and my drive, once upon a time, Jeff tells her to spin him a story.

Benry thought the movie might have hit home with Nay.

Jeff tells the jury about the take one for the team. Nay didn't want to, she wanted to go out with a bang. She is content no matter what everyone else thinks.

Jane says the young kids will find out life is not a piece of cake and it is not an easy ride, so if you don't have the drive you are not going to get hired, people a whole lot worse off and they aren't playing Survivor, we are.

Jeff, Nay, quit or stay?
She is going to quit.

Purple Kelly, your odds just improved, stay or quit?
She is going to quit.

Rest of you just moved up two notches.

Jeff--Nay what should be done with your torch, they think it should be snuffed, but they will stay at tribal to remind them every time they come to jury that they are quitters.

Snuff One. You wanna go, go.
Snuff Two. Head out.

Clear theme, Desire, 10 days left, 1 in 7 shot, no more excuses, time to play this game.

Marty just can't believe it.

Long shot of the quitters torches.

"RE: Tribal Council"
Posted by samboohoo on 12-02-10 at 10:22 AM
I thought Nay's torch was "smuffed" not snuffed.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

"RE: Tribal Council"
Posted by Snidget on 12-02-10 at 06:22 PM
My ears refused to acknowledge her mangled version of snuffed.

"Jury is disgusted"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-01-10 at 09:56 PM
Any one of them would step in and play again and NOT QUIT.

"RE: Jury is disgusted"
Posted by Corvis on 12-01-10 at 10:03 PM
Naonka has now officially become my most hated Survivor player ever. Not only did she quit, she was vile to nearly every person in the game, she was vile to her tribe, and she is still completely oblivious to her vile behavior. Or actually, I think she does realize it, but she just doesn't care. We have had other quitters in the past, but Naonka is easily the most despicable.

Posted by Snidget on 12-01-10 at 10:11 PM
I think she could possibly just be that oblivious. You actually have to be semi-competent at something to actually be able to judge you are bad at it. (they did a study where gave people a math test and the people who scored the worst all believed they got a perfect score, the people who were at least able to do most of the test typically were much more accurate with guessing how they did although tended to guess a bit worse than they really did)

It may be she actually can't see it because somehow she just is so incompetent at whatever it is that makes most people not do that to others that she believes she is really a great person at it no matter how much evidence there is that she isn't.

I would like to hope she just decided to play this character and got out when it wasn't fun anymore, but I think she thinks she should be the winner of this season, and will probably be shocked she isn't fan favorite.

Posted by jbug on 12-01-10 at 10:11 PM
so agree!

Posted by Loree on 12-02-10 at 00:45 AM
I would be pulling my children from her PE class if she was the teacher. What a horrible example she is setting.

I would give anything for Jeff to let NaOnka and Kelly think they are full members of the jury right down to questioning the final 3. Then right before they go to vote I would love to see Jeff tell them as quitters they do not get to vote and pick the winner of Survivor.

Posted by dabo on 12-02-10 at 01:46 AM
Agree. http://www.truedorktimes.com/survivor_nicaragua/cast/naonka_mixon.htm Na Onka's facebook lists her current employer as the Y, where she's a personal trainer

"Next Week"
Posted by Snidget on 12-01-10 at 09:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-10 AT 10:00 PM (EST)

The knives come out
Crazy what a couple of hours will do at camp.

ETA: Purple Kelly feels bad because the other jury people could have made it to the end if she'd gone out before them.

Nayonka doesn't owe anything to anyone not even an apology to herself.

"It was hilarious"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-01-10 at 10:05 PM
to see Jeff reacting to Na when he asked and she said she thought she could have won the million. Wahahaa!

"RE: It was hilarious"
Posted by Snidget on 12-01-10 at 10:12 PM
You would think by now Jeff would no longer be shocked by the amount of self-delusion that exists in the world.

Posted by michel on 12-01-10 at 10:22 PM
I think Kelly realized she had no chance of winning when she said she'd be at the bottom of any alliance that she'd try to be in. I think that played a factor in her decisions. I also think it "helped" that she wasn't quitting alone. I remember the last IC when Kelly dropped out immediately after Sash fell off: She didn't want to be the first but she wasn't about to fight.

Like I've been saying all along, Na'Onka is like RussHole: She can't see that she wasn't going to win. She was convinced she was playing a great game. Think of her words about Brenda: Brenda threw HER under the bus when it was totally the other way around. It's like a killer who has no remorse and who convinces himself it had to be done.

Posted by katethegreat on 12-01-10 at 10:36 PM
I agree that if Nay had not decided to quit, Kelly may not have had the guts to quit on her own

Nay is delusional - I hope they exclude her from the reunion; I despise her.

Tonight was the first time I really warmed up to Holly, at least since the swap. Class act to get the tarp and rice.

Posted by kiki_k on 12-02-10 at 00:16 AM
I also got the feeling that Kelly S. basically quit because NaOnka was quitting.

This is the problem with casting a lot of young people -- I hate to sound like an old fogie, but the kids today just don't know what it means to have to work for something.

Posted by michel on 12-02-10 at 06:17 PM

>This is the problem with casting
>a lot of young people
>-- I hate to sound
>like an old fogie, but
>the kids today just don't
>know what it means to
>have to work for something.

Well, I think you've forgotten Chet and Kathleen. Not only the young ones quit.

"RE: S21 Nicaragua Episode #12 ECST"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-01-10 at 10:59 PM
Player of the Week Poll:

Holly, Na Onka, or Purple Kelly?
Who made a bold move this week ...
I am disgusted that they made the quitters candidates for Player of the Week!

Posted by dabo on 12-02-10 at 00:49 AM
Agree. There was almost no game in tonight's episode, the quits tainted the whole thing. Holly should easily win this one by default, at least. I don't follow the America's Vote nonsense, but they should immediately disqualify the quitters.

Posted by kiki_k on 12-02-10 at 02:20 AM
Don't worry, the only votes NaOnka & Kelly S. are going to get are if they vote for themselves. I don't even think their family will vote for them after tonight's showing.

Posted by DearAbby on 12-02-10 at 11:07 AM
I thought the same thing too at first, but the announcer said to vote for the person "who made a move everyone will be talking about tomorrow" or something like that. And from what I've been reading, everyone is talking writing about NaOnka more than Holly or Kelly. Anyway, does the Survivor receiving the most votes win anything?

Posted by flipxcyd on 12-02-10 at 00:27 AM
Even though I knew what would happen, I was yelling at my TV! Nayonka has go to be the most despicable person ever for Survivor! I think they should sequester quitters away from the ones who got voted out. Now they have to endure (or vice versa) spending time with the ones who got voted out. UGH!

"Holly's Pep Talk"
Posted by samboohoo on 12-02-10 at 10:24 AM
I had a little bit of a problem with it. Holly herself was ready to quit on Day 5. She didn't, but she wanted to. Much of her lecturing to Nay and to Kelly talked about not giving up and what she would tell her own daughters. Yet Holly wanted to quit on Day 5.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

"RE: Holly's Pep Talk"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-02-10 at 03:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-10 AT 03:11 PM (EST)

Agreed, I was practically yelling at the TV, "here's a steaming pile of STFU!"

Posted by kiki_k on 12-02-10 at 04:07 PM
Really? To me wanting to quit and actually quitting are very, very different things. Thinking about quitting out there isn't so horrible, imo. She sucked it up and she admits that it was Jimmy J.'s pep talk that helped convince her & how her game got stronger after that, etc. She told both NaOnka & Kelly S. all about that so it wasn't like she was beinging a hypocrite and not saying how she considered it too. There are plenty of obstacles on life where someone might want to give up -- it isn't what you think about doing, it is what you actually do that counts.

Posted by Karchita on 12-02-10 at 04:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-10 AT 04:13 PM (EST)

While there is plenty about Holly that annoys me, her attempts at pep talks didn't. I saw it as her paying forward what Jimmy J had done for her.

"Agree"
Posted by dabo on 12-02-10 at 04:17 PM
That's how I saw it, too. She did that previously with Dan when he felt like checking out.