URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7520
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"missyae & other source spoilers S22 -- Rob vs. Russell"

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-25-10 at 00:39 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-10 AT 11:19 PM (EST)

For early spoiling on this theme, see goldenmike's topic Survivor 22: Russell Hantz vs Rob Mariano!

Note: Some fake info was leaked to missyae, and he is correcting it as he finds out. Instead of altering the original spoiler, I have put FALSE next to it, to preserve the record.

There's been lots of info coming out and missyae has spoiled (for now) four other contestants and the first episode dynamics. Because there may be various people spoiling this season, I'm starting an all in one topic for now for the sake of keeping info together. If you update this, please state whose spoiler it is.

missyae has confirmed the following contestants. He has said something like this season they cast the best of those who almost got on. This could also be called Erika Shay's Leftovers from the Realm of D List Celebrities.

Contestants spoiled as of 10/24:
Rob Mariano
Russell Hantz
Carrie Prejean (Miss California USA 2009) FALSE. NOT ON, per 10/31 post.
Ashley Underwood (Miss Maine 2009)
Krista Klumpp (former Auburn U cheerleader and delegate to Miss Alabama)
Kimbo Slice FALSE. NOT ON.

R vs R
Rob and Russell are players and possibly mentors of their tribes:
Neither Rob nor Russell can have immunity, as Rob got votes the very first TC. FALSE. The TC story was faked, so possibly these two are immune.
Both Russell and Rob are voted out, post-merge.
Rob Mariano outlasts Russell.

TWIST -- Redemption Island
Sept 27th: Reality Blurred analyzes twist from info on leaked call sheets
http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_22/2010_Sep_27_redemption

TDT spec:
http://www.truedorktimes.com/s22/spoilers/index.htm
There was an Israeli Survivor that had a twist where voted off players get to battle for the chance to come back in the game.

Something like: Post-merge boots first go to Redemption Island instead of Ponderosa. Once there are two, they duel, and the loser goes to Ponderosa. Each time there is a TC, there is a duel between the newbie and the current person on RI, until the F5.

After that voted off person engages with the current champion of RI, the winner rejoins the game as the new F5 person (or the same one comes back). The next F5 boot and F4 boots are permanent.

EPISODE 1 HII CARNAGE BOOT SPOILER FALSE. FAKE INFORMATION LEAKED TO MISSYAE

missyae:
10/24
Okay let's do this folks and then put it back on ice for a little while. On Eppy 1, Carrie Prejean finds a hidden immunity idol on DAY ONE. Russell's tribe wins the immunity challenge so Rob's has to go to Tribal Council. Kimbo wants Rob out and starts to gain support for his move. He has the votes to get 'er done. Carrie Prejean gives Rob her immunity idol and they then vote for Kimbo. Votes are read, Rob's votes do not count. Kimbo goes bye bye in episode 1. Don't mess with Boston Rob on his home court Kimbo. Maybe inside your caged ring you could win, but not on Survivor. This vote does lead to a division within Rob's tribe. He does pick up another alliance partner though.

So that is episode one and now we can ice this topic for a little while???? Unless someone else wants to post other solid, concrete, direct to the point, spoilers.

Boston Rob and Carrie Prejean, only on Survivor!!!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: missyae & other source spoilers S22 -- Rob vs. Russell"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-25-10 at 05:01 PM
Thanks for bringing this over, OFG, but my first reaction is a big uggh! Don't like the cast (why all the former pageant contestants?) or the format, esp. the Redemption Island idea. But I do like Boston Rob, so I'm really glad he at least outlasts Russell this time.

I wonder if they'll bring back any other players, esp. from the current season? Could definitely see Brenda fitting in with the pageant/cheerleader crowd. Please don't tell me they bring back NaOnka!

P.S. LOL, TDT characterizes Kimbo as an "angry Rupert."

Posted by SpotTheDifference on 10-25-10 at 08:16 PM

If this is what Redemption Island actually is, then I've seen it in action before. Survivor Philippines had this same twist in its first season. I got used to it pretty quick--the Redemption Island (or in our case, Purgatory Island) resident was a (HOT) post-op male-to-female transsexual who was voted out in the first TC and managed to beat everyone else up until the merge. She managed to make it to the final Tribal Council and ended up in second place.

The main difference, of course, is that both Survivor Philippines and Survivor Israel have a substantially longer running time than the US version. The US generally has 40-45 minutes of actual run time. Survivor Israel has 60 minutes, and Survivor Philippines is broadcast as five 30-minute episodes throughout the entire week.

If we do see another challenge in Redemption Island, I'm wondering how they would all fit all this in 40-45 minutes if they need to show three challenges, camp life shots, confessionals, and a tribal council. They don't have enough time as is to fully develop their characters, much less if they add in another challenge per episode. Unless of course, all pre-merge/pre-jury challenges are combined reward/immunity, making each episode only have two.

Posted by Estee on 10-25-10 at 08:19 PM
They don't have enough time as is to fully develop their characters

I don't think they care any more.

It's a legitimate point, though -- getting rid of ExI didn't bring the time factor down to something workable, and this essentially restores that slot while adding a full-fledged challenge every week: there's never going to be an episode where you can get away a two-second view beyond the first. (And that's when they have to explain this mess.) An hour just isn't enough time to work with --

-- but again, I don't think they care any more.

Two and a half hours per week? Have you had your own RussHell yet? Did the suicide rate go up?

Posted by SpotTheDifference on 10-26-10 at 10:56 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-26-10 AT 11:01 AM (EST)

Sorry for the minor threadjack

I was initially concerned about the Survivor Philippines format. There's almost nothing to do during the days when there are no challenges, so I was wondering if they can find anything interesting at all to fill up the extra time.

Generally, what they did was to add A LOT more confessional time. Unlike in the US version where there are one or two people who narrate for a tribe, we get a lot of viewpoints on a single event, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I also have to correct myself--the Purgatory Island season was the second, not the first season.

During the second season, Mondays were for the Purgatory Island challenge and leftover discussions from the previous TC. Tuesdays and Thursdays were for the RC and IC, respectively, and confessionals essentially narrating the thought processes of each person during the challenges. Fridays were for Tribal Council. Camp life and strategy talk were scattered throughout the week, but were mostly what were in the Wednesday episodes.

There have been people who have tried controlling the game, but none as vile as Russell. Strategy isn't as valued here as being a nice, upstanding person.

Posted by Estee on 10-26-10 at 02:56 PM
During the second season, Mondays were for the Purgatory Island challenge and leftover discussions from the previous TC. Tuesdays and Thursdays were for the RC and IC, respectively, and confessionals essentially narrating the thought processes of each person during the challenges. Fridays were for Tribal Council. Camp life and strategy talk were scattered throughout the week, but were mostly what were in the Wednesday episodes.

Interesting -- it's a cross between an I'm A Celebrity network desperate time-filler, a soap opera, and something potentially a lot better than what we're currently getting. Given the right editors, you'd definitely have a chance to meet people. 'State of the tribes' wouldn't be a last-minute throw-in (at best), and there would be a chance for an actual plot. All reasons EPMB will never try it here. (And let's face it: it requires the network to have five primetime slots available every week. NBC would do it, but...)

Strategy isn't as valued here as being a nice, upstanding person.

And that's how we know you're not in America. ;)

"Carrie. Prejean."
Posted by Estee on 10-25-10 at 05:41 PM
I didn't know she'd given a speech against reality shows.

*sigh*

I'd really like a reason to start watching again. Honestly, truly, and all the other words the contestants try to ruin forever. But she's the exact opposite: one of the quintessential 'do as I say, not as I already did' hypocrites -- but it's okay, because she only did it to show you how wrong it really was.

...she's going to win, isn't she?

"RE: Carrie. Prejean."
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-26-10 at 00:07 AM
Yes she could win.
The redemption is post merge only so there will be fewer characters by then and we'll know them all. Agree it sounds crowded though.

There will not be any returnees this season other than the mentors. Think Guatemala.

Apparently Erika Shay was deep into pageant world and one hopes this is done after 22 since they did fire her for letting Parvati in on the Russell game last season. That's why I called them leftovers.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-26-10 at 01:23 AM
they did fire her for letting Parvati in on the Russell game last season

I didn't realize that. Glad to hear she got fired. Also very glad there are no returnees! But still, if Carrie Preejan is a possible winner, just not sure I can watch an entire season. Let's hope there are other intelligent/interesting contestants to round out the cast.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-26-10 at 06:20 AM
I only meant that CP is a possible winner in the sense that 17 players are possible winners. Everyone but Kimbo, Russell, and Rob.

Posted by SpotTheDifference on 10-26-10 at 10:42 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-26-10 AT 10:43 AM (EST)

Hi OFG! Just to make sure: Post-merge, people who are voted out don't necessarily land in the jury. They can win the Redemption Island challenge to potentially get out of the jury and into the F5/F4? So even if Rob and Russell are voted post-merge, it's still possible that one of them can be in the F3 because of Redemption Island?

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-26-10 at 03:58 PM
To be more clear -- the Redemption Island mechanics are spec. The call sheets say it exists. Foreign Survivors have used a similar twist. Go to the TDT link to see the summary of what is known about it.

RI is the one thing on here that's not a missyae spoiler AFAIK. The missyae Sucks topic is insanely long, and most of it is Sucksters whining. I need to reread it ... anyone else is most welcome and encouraged to do so and to bring over more spoilers. I felt it was time to get a topic going.

while Rob and Russell could make it to the finals, the spoiler is that they do not. Whether one of them returns to the game and is voted out twice is not known to me from what I've read so far.

Posted by emydi on 10-26-10 at 03:26 PM
R vs R
Rob and Russell are players and possibly mentors of their tribes:
Neither Rob nor Russell can have immunity, as Rob got votes the very first TC.
Both Russell and Rob are voted out, post-merge.
Rob Mariano outlasts Russell.

Well 4th time and 3rd time, respectively, Ro & Ru are finally jurors for the first time...Russhell will vote for himself

"Or..."
Posted by Estee on 10-26-10 at 03:33 PM
Russhell will vote for himself

Pick your favorite.

A. He votes normally -- as long as he's the only juror who gets to cast one.

B. He opens up both an 800 number and a website to poll America about who should win. It would have saved him, right?

C. Vote? Follow the rules of the show and declare someone else as a winner? A-hem...

D. Public coin flip.

E. Kill everyone, doing so directly in front of the cameras -- then stand in front of judge and claim innocence because everyone should know not to trust the editing.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-26-10 at 04:04 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-26-10 AT 04:06 PM (EST)

I would like to ask: because this topic will surely get long and unwieldy, can we please not use it for bashing Russell. There is a whole forum available to bash Russell. Can we also not use the topic to comment on whether or not it was a good idea for a season. Again, we have Bashers for that.

This topic is for spoilers, and to speculate and question what happens in the game based on spoilers. Also to evaluate whether spoilers are reliable and consistent.

I like snark as much as the next person, and enjoyed the primo snark that's already been posted, but if we wanted a topic that commented on likes and dislikes, there is one already. 200 plus pages of it at Sucks! Let's keep this topic lean and mean, por favor.

ETA I have an idea. We already have goldenmike's topic, which is mostly a discussion of the theme, so why not continue with that ... leave this topic for spoilers only.

"breaking news"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-31-10 at 11:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-10 AT 11:20 PM (EST)

missyae:
Carrie Prejean and Kimbo Slice are NOT on 22. That was some bad info leaked out to me on purpose.

Note from OFG: this means that the entire Episode 1 scenario was faked information.

Lexxan wrote:
You got me on that one missyae <3

missyae:
I think most everyone knows by now, I hate bad info and hate having something wrong. So I didnt 'get you', but I know who did and they are not gonna like it.

finick08 wrote:
LOL and i was telling all my friends about epy 1, oh well.......

missyae
Me too.

Oowatanite wrote:
"NoWay wrote:
Since to of them arent going to be on.
Give us hint or names of two others then

What about the fierce black girl ?
^^^"

This guy is a CBS/SEG hack."

missyae
Would not doubt it at all, there have been a few in this thread and the 21 thread.

While it would only be spec to read much into this, yesterday this was posted:

Irene Adler wrote:
Rob is a star. Russell is a dirty rat. No matter what happens on S22, that's how it is and will forever be. (emphasis mine)

missyae:
Yes - AMEN = = = Yes

Note: TDT had raised some doubts on Kimbo Slice by observing he had been tweeting or otherwise social media whoring during the filming.

"I know this thread is for spoilers only BUT"
Posted by kiki_k on 11-01-10 at 00:11 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-01-10 AT 00:12 AM (EST)

Can I just say "Amen"? I can't tell you the relief I felt reading that Prejean isn't on & the whole Episode 1 thing is wrong.

I'm 90% sure I will not watch -- because I can't stand Russell & the enabling of his sexist, abusive manner by MB -- but now I just *might* watch -- but only IF I get confirmed spoils that he gets the heave-ho tout de suite. In that case, I'd watch just to gloat over his 3 time loser status.

"RE: I know this thread is for spoilers only BUT"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-01-10 at 02:03 PM
Yes, this is good news for the show...but a bad thing that someone set up Missyae. Wonder if it's a previously reliable source? Missyae had said recently that he knew that CBS/SEG people were keeping track of his thread and also contestant Facebook accounts.

"RE: I know this thread is for spoilers only BUT"
Posted by Belle Book on 11-01-10 at 05:05 PM
Very possible. They knew he was spoiling info for them, so one of them might've deliberately misled him -- and maybe even his source, if his source was also duped.

"RE: breaking news"
Posted by Estee on 11-01-10 at 06:16 PM
I'd like to think the Internet's collective reaction forced Burnett to fly Rob and RussHell back out there and start the season over.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-01-10 at 11:54 PM
Lol Estee nice idea.

He posted today it was a previously 100% reliable source that supplied this info.
Hard not to conclude that CBS is waging war.

Posted by Round Robin on 11-02-10 at 00:51 AM
If this previously reliable source works for CBS or SEG, or got his info from somebody who works there, the leaker could wind up getting canned if the bad info can be traced specifically to him. CBS/SEG have leaked BS before, but whether they've used it to successfully unearth any previous leakers I have no idea.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-13-10 at 05:03 PM
This is perfect. Must watch video.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7661499

End of the Innocence

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-21-10 at 07:43 PM
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7687551/

for the real scoop on what happened with missyae's 22 spoilers.

" recent tweets from missyae (aka The Game Survivor)"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 01-06-11 at 04:23 AM
I really think the fans are gonna like Ashley's gameplay
------------
Russ lost 20 pounds. Ashley is smart
-------------
You know when Russell leaves, he is not going quietly, you gotta know that
-------------
Rooster ain't gonna take no crap
---------------
Rooster vs Russell look good to you? Fans would get behind Rooster, right?
---------------
As*clown Troll does not outlast much superior player in Boston Rob. He just wishes he was as good and half as popular as Rob
-----------------
Rob and Russ are there, yeah, lol. One outlasts the other. I think most people will be happy

Summary:
Rob outlasts RussHell, Rooster and Russ have some sort of conflict or opposition, and Ashley is a player.

As I said in the other topic, I believe that missyae does have good information on S22. I think the bad info leakage was a one time deal.
Whether he will be spoiling and whether he has spoilers are two different questions. I think he has them, but whether he'll release them is up in the air.

"RE: recent tweets from missyae (aka The Game Survivor)"
Posted by Round Robin on 01-07-11 at 02:32 AM
He'll release them. He might farm some of them out to others to post though. If he doesn't post them on Sucks it won't be because of Oowhatshisface, it'll be because of the court case. Till that is resolved, fresh spoilers posted under the username missyae will be pretty slim pickin's.

Posted by goldenmike4393 on 01-13-11 at 02:32 PM
From EW today:
The former players will each join a tribe after a drawing of concealed buffs and — contrary to internet rumors — they will not be offered any immunity, meaning either one of them could be voted out first (and sent to Redemption Island, where they would be forced to compete to reenter the game). But while Russell may seem like a shoo-in to be the first person out, Probst told EW.com while on location in Nicaragua just minutes after filming on the season began that he doesn’t believe that will be the case. “I do not think Russell or Rob will be the first person voted out of this game. Because I think they bring too much experience — 156 days between the two of them. When you’re playing a game, there’s a lot to be learned.”

"No Immunity for R&R"
Posted by Krautboy on 01-13-11 at 04:45 PM
>From EW today:
>The former players will each join
>a tribe after a drawing
>of concealed buffs and —
>contrary to internet rumors —
>they will not be offered
>any immunity, meaning either one
>of them could be voted
>out first (and sent to
>Redemption Island, where they would
>be forced to compete to
>reenter the game).

This contradicts Missyae's earlier post from August:

8/22 Missyae

"I never waivered from the original spoiler of Russell vs Rob on 22. I never said I would spoil cast members before filming was finished. I did say they would more than likely be mentors. I said they would be immune until the merge. I did say at that point they become regular players. I also said some of that could change last minute by MB or JP."

Those who don't like "Sourced Spoilers" should be happy, as this casts more doubt on the spoilers reported so far...

Krautboy

"RE: No Immunity for R&R"
Posted by Estee on 01-13-11 at 05:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-11 AT 05:30 PM (EST)

Or we could go conspiracy theory: Jeff tells the cameras to shut down for a few minutes, then pointedly explains (with large gestures and extensive diagrams) that no one is allowed to vote for the boomerangs until the merge hits, but they have to act as if both are vulnerable at all times. Which at least gave them a justifiable reason for casting so many actors... but once the video files start filling up again, there are two people with prolonged Immunity and sixteen who aren't allowed to mention it, all done in the name of keeping the storyline going and avoiding the classic BB syndrome of First Week Twist Kill. Of course, doing it this way would compromise the integrity of the game, and we all know no one associated with the show would ever risk that.

*pauses for laughter*

Posted by Krautboy on 01-13-11 at 05:24 PM
I like the twisted way your mind works!

Krautboy

Posted by BrassFan on 01-13-11 at 05:52 PM
>Or we could go conspiracy theory:
> Jeff tells the cameras
>to shut down for a
>few minutes, then pointedly explains
>(with large gestures and extensive
>diagrams) that no one is
>allowed to vote for the
>boomerangs until the merge hits,
>but they have to act
>as if both are vulnerable
>at all times.

Funny thing is....as soon as I saw the reports that they didn't have immunity, that was the first thing I thought..that the *did* have immunity, but that it won't be shown.

Posted by vince3 on 01-13-11 at 06:53 PM
Yeah, EPMB probably heard that last season's BB theme wasn't really the Stabo, but 'So Much For That Plan...'

Posted by Flowerpower on 01-13-11 at 09:44 PM
FYI: There is a post on Survivor Whispers that CBS has dropped the lawsuit against Missyea...fwiw!

Posted by Krautboy on 01-14-11 at 11:54 AM
In exchange for what? Cooperation, silence, ????

Krautboy

Posted by GOOU on 01-14-11 at 01:35 PM
Dismissed "without prejudice" (in other words could be re-filed again at a later date). Notice of Dismissal filed 1/13 states that it was "filed in consideration of the Defendant's cooperation with the Plaintiff, including the identification of sources(s) of confidential information at issue in this case."

Posted by Georjanna on 01-14-11 at 02:53 PM
Thank you for posting the information, GOOU. Would it be possible for you to also post a link to the text of the court document: Notice of Dismissal?

G

Posted by SquidProQuo on 01-14-11 at 05:01 PM
So do you think CBS realized more PR damage would be done and new inside info divulged by having the suit go forward, so it wasn't worth it? (e.g. Sash/Jane deal)

I never understood what grounds they had anyway, especially if Missyae is not an employee and never signed a confidentiality agreement. And I'm sure SEG employees were culpable -- e.g., Missyae said on Survivor Skills that he found the list of S21 contestants because a SEG employee left it in a Miami hotel room.

"Strange Bedfellows ... "
Posted by Georjanna on 01-19-11 at 06:48 AM
Squid,

I had hoped that by now GOOU would have posted a link to the complete text of the Notice of Dismissal that he/she quoted. I thought that it would, perhaps, shed a bit more light on the whole matter and give us more information regarding the legal basis for the suit. For instance:

If the allegation was Tortious Interference (with contracts) then (as I said in an earlier post on the subject) I think that in his answer to a question posed in a thread that he authored at SSucks - 'I answer my phone and listen' - Jim Early (aka Missyae) had telegraphed a compelling response to the assertion. Because one of the elements necessary to Tortious Interference is the 'intent of a third party to induce a breach of a contractual relationship'. And merely being available for, and receptive to, confidences - and a willing conduit for their publication - does not, I would think, rise to the level of intentional inducement.

The other suggestion of a basis for the suit that I've read - the improper/illegal broadcast of 'trade secrets' proprietary to the plaintiff(s) - baffles me. It is not as though we are talking about the formula for Coca - Cola. And the fact that the suggestion baffles me is probably a first-rate indication of another fact: I'm not an attorney.

But, I have thought all along that CBS/SEG pursued this particular spoiler (and spoils) to the extent that they did because of the depth (rather than the breadth) of Missyae's revelations. In short: I don't think that the premature exposure of a Season's boot order, challenge results - or even the identity of its Sole Survivor - to a relatively small segment of the show's viewers is nearly as disturbing to them as is the possibility that their general audience will be made aware of just how divorced from reality - from a candid portrayal of events and behaviors - their final product has become. And the "Sash/Jane deal" is a great example of that disconnect/deceit.

So, for now, I suppose that we're left with the public face of the resolution of the suit. And that is, that in return for Missyae's cooperation (including the identification of sources), the plaintiff has requested that the suit be dismissed. However, there is, it would seem, soon to be more!

But first, some background:

I've long been one of Andy Dehnart's avid readers. So, when CBS posted the cast announcement for Nicaragua - without the contestants' dates of birth - I emailed him in the hope that he might have access to the information. And in the email, I expressed my surprise (and unhappiness) at and with an announcement made by Missyae to the effect that he wouldn't be doing pre-air interviews of the new Survivors.

Mr. Dehnart promptly replied to my email. And, after telling me that he didn't have the information I needed, he thanked me for my 'heads up' regarding the post by Missyae. And that surprised me even more. It hadn't occurred to me that he wasn't aware of Missyae's comments concerning the souring of his relationship with Survivor's producers.

A couple of days later, this article appeared at Reality Blurred. In it, Mr. Dehnart quotes a portion of one of Mr. Early's posts:

"The guy from RealityBlurred is a top flight assclown. If he didn’t post such nasty comments mixed in with his interviews with players, he might have gone back out there to do pre-show interviews again this time around. All that bashing of Russell Hantz caught up with him. I guess he can now blame Russell for his firing from doing those interviews. Word is Hantz went to the PTB and helped get DenFart axed. I guess he should have made those snarky add-on comments to Russell’s face instead of just adding them into his article when he got back home. At least these players had someone respectable like Gordon Holmes to be interviewed by.”

Now fast forward to yesterday at Survivor Whispers and this series of posts by Jim/Missyae:

"BIG INTERVIEW COMING MONDAY - GOING OUT EVERYWHERE - MISSYAE TALKS!!! - MAJOR OUTLETS ...

http://www.andydehnart.com ...

His work gets out. MSNBC, tons of places he contributes ...

Yeah, he has a dog in this fight ...

LOL, probably gonna be some sleepless nights for some people until this comes out ...

This wouldnt be the place that Missyae releases.... he wouldnt do that would he? Surely not, spoilers in an interview, that would be crazy right? ...

Watch party at SUCKS, countdown to REAL spoilers ...

Oh just wait, BW has some splain' to do ...

Not sure if his editors will have it ready for publishing Tuesday or Wedneday, he has patiently been waiting through this whole lawsuit ordeal and I promosed him first interview. Hes good ...

Hes a good writer, lots of sarcasm and has a beef with Survivor and also hates Russell, lol."

And to think that I introduced them ...

"RE: Strange Bedfellows ... "
Posted by Estee on 01-19-11 at 08:44 AM
*sets armageddon timer*

Gee, RussHell is a petty dictator who misuses what little non-power he has? What a shock!

Posted by GOOU on 01-19-11 at 03:46 PM
sorry - the link is not a public one, but the text of the entire Notice of Dismissal follows:

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 41(a)(1) Plaintiff DJB, Inc., by and through its attorneys, voluntarily dismisses this case without prejudice. This notice of dismissal is filed in consideration of the Defendant’s cooperation with the Plaintiff, including the identification of source(s) of confidential information at issue in this case.
Each party is to bear its own costs, expenses, and fees. The Clerk of Court is respectfully requested to close this case.

Dated: January 13, 2011
HOLME ROBERTS & OWEN LLP
By: /s/ Adam Brezine
Adam Brezine
Attorneys for Plaintiff DJB, Inc.

Posted by Georjanna on 01-20-11 at 04:09 AM
Thank you!

Why is it that on those rare occasions when you want a court to expend reams to tell you much more than you really wanted to know, it issues as few words as possible ...

Note: I participated in political forums for years and, as a result, used to know my way around FindLaw (appellate records) fairly well. But attempting to track down trial court documents defeats me. So I really appreciate your effort and expertise.

G

Posted by Round Robin on 01-20-11 at 07:10 AM
Sounds like the poop is gonna hit the fan when all this comes out, and sounds like some folks might be crapping their britches till it does. Next week might be fun!

Posted by GOOU on 01-20-11 at 10:36 AM
Actually this notice would have been drafted by Plaintiff's counsel so it is understandable why they didn't expand with more of an explanation.

Note: I've been an attorney for over 30 years and have access to some sites that aren't available to everyone - again, sorry I was slow to respond the first time.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 01-20-11 at 02:20 AM
Thanks for the update, Georjanna! Very cool that you were the one to introduce them. After you mentioned Andy last season I checked him out and totally agree with your assessment that he's an excellent researcher/writer. I for one will be eagerly awaiting the big announcement early next week!

Posted by Georjanna on 01-20-11 at 03:50 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-11 AT 10:34 AM (EST)

Hi!

It should be a great interview. And, like you, I'm really looking forward to reading it.

On another note:

I hope everyone understands that the whole "introduction" thing was written with tongue-in-cheek. Because, as this July article by Mr. Dehnart illustrates, he was very much aware of the content of Missyae's spoilers - and of their reputation for accuracy - for some time before the date of the email that I addressed to him.

I can't even be certain that my email was his first notice of Missyae's later posts concerning him. But if it was, it was - entirely by accident - as close to relevance in the spoiling community as I am likely to ever come ...

G

Posted by BrassFan on 01-14-11 at 09:25 PM
>Dismissed "without prejudice" (in other words
>could be re-filed again at
>a later date). Notice of
>Dismissal filed 1/13 states that
>it was "filed in consideration
>of the Defendant's cooperation with
>the Plaintiff, including the identification
>of sources(s) of confidential information
>at issue in this case."
>

I wonder if DBJ is simply trying to "poison" Missyae. File a suit, and then drop it "in consideration with the Defendant's cooperation," thus implying that Missyae gave up his sources.

End result, no one else will trust Missyae, and he won't get any more spoiler info.

Posted by Round Robin on 01-15-11 at 03:30 AM
Brassfan, 5'll get you 10 you're exactly right. It was speculated elsewhere that DBJ wasn't really so much after missyae but was suing him as a vehicle to find out who the insider was that gave him his info. Now no insider with a brain in his head will give out any inside info if he even THINKS it's gonna wind up being revealed unless it gets passed through somebody else's hands before being posted, and adding any extra steps to the process reduces the info's reliability. I don't think there'll be as much stuff leaked because anybody wanting to leak stuff and cover his @$$ at the same time will only go to the bother for big stuff, not routine day-to-day spoilage.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 01-14-11 at 04:56 PM
FloPo, is Survivor Whispers Missyae's new site or someone else's? Do you have a link? Thanks!

Posted by Flowerpower on 01-14-11 at 06:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-11 AT 06:44 PM (EST)

Hi Squid! My sister, Scarlett got me in as folks that are current members can get others in, or, you can just type in Survivor Whispers on your facebook page and when you see it, you can friend request....

If you have trouble getting in, just let me know.
ETA: To answer your first question, yes, I think it was set up by the guy that is Missyea and by Shannon Elkins, but I don't know for sure.

"Survivor Whispers"
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 01-14-11 at 10:17 PM
Survivor Whispers is a Facebook Group Page. The admins are Missyae and Shannon from S22. Some past survivors like to stop in and chat. Sash showed up on Wednesday night and answered tons of questions. Just search for Survivor Whispers on Facebook and then ask to join the group.

"RE: Survivor Whispers"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 01-15-11 at 02:34 PM
Thanks Scarlett and FloPo!