URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7500
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Missyae Spoilers Survivor 21 (Part 2)"

Posted by Krautboy on 10-06-10 at 05:49 PM
***SPOILER ALERT...DO NOT READ ON IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW***

This thread is intended to be a collection area for the Missyae spoilers, and other sourced information, as it is shared with us.

Here is a link to Part 1 for reference:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7457.shtml

Krautboy

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Jimmy Tarantino Boot"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-06-10 at 05:59 PM
"Jimmy Tarantino aka Victor Clement leaves tonight, just making sure everyone has that. Wonder where they came up with Victor Clement for him. JJ was pretty easy to figure out, Cliff Barnes on 'Dallas', JJ coached Dallas. No idea where Victor Clement would come from."

Krautboy

"RE: Jimmy Tarantino Boot"
Posted by Brownroach on 10-06-10 at 06:10 PM
I found this -- I didn't watch ER so I don't know the character:

Victor Clemente first appears in the 250th episode of ER, "Wake Up", as a new attending physician from Newark who is seeking to be Chief of Emergency Medicine and attempting to introduce modern equipment and diagnostics to the ER. He enters the series in an unusual way, by posing as a patient. This causes him to take an instant dislike to doctors Abby Lockhart, Archie Morris, Gregory Pratt and especially Luka Kovač. Clemente and Luka clash over just about every case that comes through the ER, and Luka is so annoyed by Clemente that he decides to seek the ER Chief job for himself. In the end, Kovač does become Chief, after which Clemente claims to have earlier decided not to seek the position, citing time constraints.

Sounds like that's what the reference is about. Jimmy T is Victor Clemente and Marty is Luka Kovac.

"The latest re Fire, Brenda Boot and Family Visit"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-29-10 at 01:22 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-10 AT 01:31 AM (EST)

Posted this info in the wrong spot chronologically, so deleting it from here and re-posting below

"Yve"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-06-10 at 07:31 PM
duckfarmer0000 wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Missyae, do you think Yve's edit will pick up tonight?

Here's hoping her edit goes exponentially, from small (ep 1&2), to a little better (ep 3) to best edit in her last few eps.

Missyae Replied"
"Hope so but I doubt it. Likely picks up next week."

A face time spike before her boot?

Krautboy

"RE: Yve"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-06-10 at 08:15 PM
I think that and the fact the swap will screw up her game. Pre-swap they have chosen to make her UTR behind Marty and Jill, and no major reason to change that tonight when the alphas duke it out (again). Although it would be nice if they did show her.

"RE: Yve"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-07-10 at 01:34 AM
A little more from Missyae about Yve's edit...

Oowatanite wrote:
After knowing spoilers, you can tell how forced Yve's edit is to eliminate her from like, everything. So robbed.
It's amazing, really. Have we heard Marty or Jill mention Yve even once in strategy talks ? It's always "we gotta keep Dan since he's our extra vote" and "we need to work on getting Tyrone's vote for our target".

Yve joins a slew of other Survivor players to get screwed by the edit.

Missyae Replied:
“B I N G O ~ I also think before she leaves, it might even be a slightly negative edit.”

novaya wrote:

Missyae Replied:
“When she leaves, I doubt if she goes quietly. Just a hunch.”

Krautboy

"EP5 Swap/Double Boot?"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-07-10 at 02:26 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-10 AT 02:27 AM (EST)

Missyae comments about EP5:

"There is a lot coming next week. Hard to imagine how they are gonna get all of this in 1 episode. All the way from how the swap is done, the new tribe dynamics and who is running scared and on tough turf, how and why the boots happen. Gonna be a very busy hour next week!

Missyae may be confirming what we have been speculating about...Swap/Double boot in EP5!

Krautboy

"Double Boot EP6"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-07-10 at 11:15 AM
Missyae confirms what OFG and others have been insisting...the double boot is always in EP6.

“Okay, just joking. Here you go. This week is only ONE boot. This week features TWO Captains making the selections for the new tribes. ONE captain has a big decision to make. Marty and Jill will have a tough time adjusting to their new tribemates. I dont know if they will start showing it this week but another player starts their juggling act going between two main alliance members. New bonds are made. NO double boot this week. This is not a joke. DOUBLE boot is the following week.

“It is NOT the old way of alternating picks where you pick a player and then the next pick is made by them. ONE Captain per tribe makes all the selections.”

Krautboy

"RE: Double Boot EP6"
Posted by Belle Book on 10-07-10 at 08:10 PM
Okay, if that's the case, then here's my guess for the next four boots:

Tyrone is the first victim of the swap,
Kelly B. and Yve go in the double boot (since you noted that the two people who are voted out then are both women)
& Jill is the last victim before the merge.

"RE: EP5 Swap/Double Boot?"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-07-10 at 11:15 AM
Here's the latest from Missyae. Sounds like the Swap is in Ep. 5 and Double Boot in Ep. 6. Also an interesting tidbit about one player juggling between two main alliance members.

10/7:

Okay, just joking. Here you go. This week is only ONE boot. This week features TWO Captains making the selections for the new tribes. ONE captain has a big decision to make. Marty and Jill will have a tough time adjusting to their new tribemates. I dont know if they will start showing it this week but another player starts their juggling act going between two main alliance members. New bonds are made. NO double boot this week. This is not a joke. DOUBLE boot is the following week.

It is NOT the old way of alternating picks where you pick a player and then the next pick is made by them. ONE Captain per tribe makes all the selections.

"Brenda and Holly are the 2 captains"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-07-10 at 08:21 PM
Very interesting new post from Missyae:

10/7
"I say that Jill and Marty are going to have a tough time because they don't have the numbers where they land. Also Jane told off about them having the idol and pretty much everything that had happened at their camp. So it is all out there, no secrets. I have told you before, Jane does not like Marty and actually that is a bit of an understatement. The 2 Captains are Holly and Brenda. I don't know how you got that so easily with no other guesses, you must have had some info yourself. Captain Holly and Captain Brenda. Who picked the best tribe???"

-------------------

So Brenda must pick Marty over Tyrone? And Holly must pick NaOnka before Brenda can? Interesting, though, that an HII ends up on each of the new tribes.

"RE: Brenda and Holly are the 2 captains"
Posted by Brownroach on 10-08-10 at 10:49 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-10 AT 11:51 AM (EST)

My guess is that Brenda gets to pick first and has the "big decision" on the last round when she has to choose between the last two former LaFlors. I'll also guess that Kelly B is her final pick, with either Jud or Alina being the other one left. ETA since they probably have to choose by gender it would have to be Alina.

Another thought: the big decision could be Holly's if she has to choose between Kelly B and someone else at the end -- she might feel bad for not wanting the girl with one leg. Either way I suspect Kelly B stays unpicked until the end.

"RE: Brenda and Holly are the 2 captains"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-12-10 at 04:07 PM
ItsChevy wrote:
Is how they picked the Capt's. Like they all get a rock or piece of paper or mat, and whom ever gets the right color or X, or steps on the right mat, get to be the Capt's??? Just trying to figure out how the pick the Captains for the tribes? Or maybe give me a hint, and I can try to figure it out? And Maybe Not, who knows? Just thinking out loud!?

Missyae Replied:
“Rocks”

Krautboy

"Immunity Run"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-07-10 at 10:36 PM
Missyae seems to want to remind us about the Immunity challenge clue to expalin why either Sash or Fabio get to the F3...

Pulau Tiga wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
missy may have confirmed that Sash doesn't win, but there's gotta be a reason Probst is singling him out. Not just as a good UTR player, but someone with a good "social game". Would Jeff really say that about a person shut out in the F3? Hell, same goes for Chase in all his pre-show comments. Why deliver all that praise for a guy who isn't given any respect by the jury?
The more I think about it, the more likely I think it is that Fabio is our guy who nobody respects in the jury vote. Sash is the villain, Chase is the good guy, but Fabio's the jokester. At the end of the day, we like him and appreciate him, but the players don't and his story is about his own personal worth rather than a million dollar check. I mean, it fits with all the real evidence we've seen so far. Nobody's going around singing Fabio's praises...except himself. And I just can't imagine anyone from Espada voting that guy to win...

Missyae replied:
"Keep in mind there will be 1 player who goes on an immunity run of sorts and another player who goes on a reward run of sorts. They are not the same player."

Krautboy

"RE: Immunity Run"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-07-10 at 10:52 PM
Thanks KB. The comment you just brought over is similar to this original tidbit from Missyae:

"Keep in mind we have a player who does very well in Reward Challenges and a player who does very well in Immunity Challenges. They are not the same player. Two different players. Immunity is always the most important thing, right?"

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-08-10 at 11:06 AM
P.S. Hard to say who's who in this this clue. Of the F3, Chase seems like the one most likely to go on an immunity run. And Missyae called him a "strong competitor" in the initial descriptions.

Sash was described as "weak," but he is supposedly an excellent runner, so depending on the type of challenge, he could do well.

Fabio was called "not very strong" (I guess that's better than weak!) but I suspect he could be dogging it in the challenges early on as part of his strategy to be underestimated. Maybe he comes on stronger at the end?

Missyae's comment that "immunity is always the most important thing" leads me to believe that the jury will respect that person. Or that player gets the edge in calling the shots as the game winds down.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-12-10 at 08:01 PM
or the immunity person would have been booted if not for the necklace. The reward person also runs the risk of being resented for choices.

When missyae says "run of sorts" -- I don't know what it means, but I lean towards it not being a classic unbroken sequence of wins, more that if you look at who wins the most in the season it will be that person, or in the case of immunity, the wins happen when they are most needed?

"Jill Safe in EP5?"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-09-10 at 03:13 PM
Squid posted this in another thread. I brought it over here to keep the Missyae stuff all together:

gravenwraith wrote:

missyae wrote:
This player needs a little bump. They have some good stuff coming soon!!
You mean her boot?

Missyae replied:
"Her boot would not equal - good stuff."

Krautboy

"RE: Missyae Spoilers Survivor 21 (Part 2)"
Posted by Georjanna on 10-09-10 at 04:09 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-10 AT 04:10 PM (EST)

KB,

I haven't gone back and read again the whole of Part 1. I have reviewed your summary (thank you!) of the Missyae spoilers and didn't see this short comment in it. So, although it is probably nothing more than his confirmation of a fact (and an edit that would suggest that it is something more is, literally, nonexistent) I still found it interesting that he chose to answer the question (when he chooses not to answer so many others).

This was posted on October 1:

Oowatanite wrote:

Missyae: No.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-10-10 at 07:04 AM
I don't have any spoiler facts to support my feeling that Benry is out at F12 or F11, but I do think that missyae is having some fun keeping Benry and Alina a mystery for now. The F3 spoiler has been around for some time, and missyae has never refuted it, never told the person or persons who say it's so that they are mistaken.

TDT has also changed his Survivometer to reflect the Sash/Jud/Chase F3, without question marks. Typically he leaves the likely finalists showing as late jury. Benry was downgraded from late jury to mid to late jury.

I will be shocked if Benry is in the F6, because the F3 plus Dan are spoiled.
missyae has hinted strongly that Jane is the last woman in the game, and Jimmy T has said there is nothing to stop Jane except the last 3 or 4 people int the game might find her too likable and vote her off.

Holly is the one missyae thinks might be the "breakout star" of the season.

I don't see how Benry makes it far unless Brenda's vote of were to occur at F10.

"Last Woman Standing?"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-10-10 at 04:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-10 AT 06:20 PM (EST)

>missyae has hinted strongly that Jane
>is the last woman in
>the game,

OFG: I agree with most eveything you are saying, and I believe Jane does well...but Missyae has never said that Jane is the last woman standing, that I can recall.

She said Jane and Jud do very well, and she made, what I took to be a joking comment, that Jane would have the most blurred out camera shots. People then speculated and jumped to the conclusion that it was because she would participate in more challenges than the others, which was then further extrapolated to mean that she was the last woman standing...this is another situation like the now famous "Liz kicks butt" comment. The comment has now taken on a life of it's own.

Edited to add original Missyae's original quote:
DaMENACE wrote:

Which of the female contestants will have their naughty bits blurred out the most during challenges?

Missyae replied:
”Just a guess but maybe Jane, LOL.”

Oowatanite wrote:
Someone jokingly asked which female would get blurred the most in challenges. Missyae jokingly responded 'just a guess but maybe Jane, LOL'. Why would he mention Jane over the more attractive females? Because Jane would play in the most challenges among the females, thus getting the most chances to be blurred, and thus is the last female standing.

Oowatanite is the one who jumped to the conclusion that Jane is "the last female standing". I took Missyae's comment as joking about the fact that no one would really want to see old Jane's "naughty bits" exposed, so that's why she would have the most blurred out.

"Jane does very well", could mean anything from F12 to F4, but I don't think we shpould read too much into the burred image comment. Missyae also told us that Jane and Holly develop an alliance with Sash and Chase, which we now know must happen post merge, since they are on different tribes post swap.

Missyae also described the alliance as a strategic mistake made by Jane and Holly, but it is not clear if they pay for their mistake at F12-F10 or at F6-F4...since we know Brenda, NaOnka and Kelly S. go approx. F9-F7.

The editing and clues suggests that Ben, Marty and Alina are better candiates for the F12-F10 spots, and that Holly, Jane and Dan are more likely F6-F4...but I think we should base this conclusion on information other than Missyae comments about Jane.

So, OFG, that's the long version of "I agree".

Krautboy

"New info from Missyae"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-10-10 at 05:20 PM
Some very interesting new info posted today by Missyae (Note - I deleted items that had to do with someone else posting spoilers in an inappropriate section of Sucks -- that's why there's no #1, 3 or 4)

10/10 post:

Number 2 - I have not posted nor confirmed anyone for the final 3

Number 5 - The decision a captain had to make was whether they wanted a majority of females or males on their tribe. They took females. Captain Brenda with that girl power

More on Brenda and girl power:

"Well she has had Naonka and Kelly S in her hip pocket this whole time you know. The irony is how they all 3 leave The Game within hours of each other."

In response to why Sash didn't give Brenda his idol:

"Sash was part of the backstabbing."

"RE: Last Woman Standing?"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-11-10 at 03:53 PM
Missyae explains the "Jane being blurred" joke:

TAR Addict wrote:
If what is said about Jane is true, she will win Fav Fave. If she is the one to go on an Immunity Run, consider that ##### on lock. Sweet old southern lady and a challenge whore? You would be able to hear the collective orgasm of those fantards who vote for Fan Favorite.

10/11 Missyae Replied:
"Jane being blurred was a joke people. I said it because it would be silly for CBS to even show her being blurred when you had people like Brenda, Kelly S, Alina, Naonka that they could blurr. I really don't see how her being blurred translates into the immunity run person. But if you wanna keep speculating on that, go right ahead. It's not my time you are wasting, it is yours. She catches fish, okay. She's great at confessionals. She picks flowers and hands them out to the other females, well almost all of them. She is great for tv but if she is great at immunity challenges, its news to me."

Krautboy

"RE: Last Woman Standing?"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-12-10 at 08:07 PM
I agree with all your reasoning, and I never put much stock in the "blurry" spoiler. I think that does "very well" is a strong indicator given that the only other person to do "very well" is F3 and a strong contender for Sole Survivor.

I also think that Jimmy T, who has a big mouth and loves to be right, spilled something real in his hypothetical about how Jane will fare. It is possible though that Dan outlives Jane.

"More on Brenda and NaOnka"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-10-10 at 06:57 PM
Squid posted aome of this elsewhere...just reposting here for easy reference later.

ItsChevy wrote:
Ok, So from the promo that I just saw, I have figured out the reason that Nay gave Chase the HII...It is because while she was having her break down, He comforted her, held her and talked to her. and that they ended up on the same tribe together, they kinda of bonded...So, there for he became her confidante? and friend.

Missyae Replied:
“Chevy, you are good!! It even included him saying a prayer for her.”

Number 1 - I had nothing to do with some assclown posting spoilers in inappropriate places, that's not my thing. They got what they deserved.

Number 2 - I have not posted nor confirmed anyone for the final 3

Number 3 - Gasified is an idiot, anyone who uses that sort of logic is in serious need of professional help or ritalin

Number 4 - Good to see you out here instead of my mailbox Iceman!! Thanks

Number 5 - The decision a captain had to make was whether they wanted a majority of females or males on their tribe. They took females. Captain Brenda with that girl power

Number 6 - There's some good N.F.L. action on today

Missyae wrote:
“Well she has had Naonka and Kelly S in her hip pocket this whole time you know. The irony is how they all 3 leave The Game within hours of each other.”

Blueberry wrote:

I'm just wondering why Sash didn't give Brenda his idol

Missyae replied:
“Sash was part of the backstabbing. “

Krautboy

"Jane and the Immunity Run"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-10-10 at 09:53 PM
Missyae comments about Jane and the immunity run:

“Did I say Jane went on an immunity run? She is a great fisherman, good with flowers, great in confessionals, hates Marty with a passion, and looked after Chase, heck even slept beside him. I guess it was that N.C. thang.”

gravenwraith wrote:

plz <3

Missyae replied:
“Lol, I will go ahead and shoot this one down.”

That's true. However, if I did say Jane went on an immunity run I was gonna have to check my notes again because that's news to me. Not saying she didn't but, if she did, I don't know about it. She really wanted to win fan favorite. It will be so interesting if they show the whole truth on her edit and not just stick with the same ole popular southern talking, tough lady. She's tough but she's got a mean streak too.

Krautboy

"Jane and Possible Fan Favorites"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-11-10 at 02:10 PM
More from Missyae re Jane and other possible Fan Favorite contenders this season:

AbsurdSchism wrote:
I think they will edit her (Jane) as the hero and Marty as the villain. The first episode we heard about her husband recently passing away; she looks like such a sweet old lady it tugged at my heart strings a bit. I think the emotional family visit and an immunity run to F4 would probably seal the deal for Jane as the fan favorite. Also, even if they showed her being an uber ##### to Marty it would just be hilarious.

Judson as sole survivor + Jane as FF = best ending ever.

10/10 Missyae responded:
I agree with how you think it will be edited. This is gonna be another of those situations, ala Rupert, where the cast hollers, "hey wait a minute, she was not that nice" Looking at what we know now and looking at what I know is coming, I think Jane will be a strong contender for Fan Favorite, but she will have some strong competition I think.

----------
NSideGuy18 wrote: Missy, did most of your earlier 'character descriptions' come from the first half of the game?

10/11 Missyae responded: Mixed

----------

Blueberry wrote: Missy, who else will give Jane competition as fan fave? The only other person I can think of is Fabio and maybe Holly (or Brenda)

10/11 Missyae responded:
This is just my opinion but I would think Jane, Brenda, Jud, and Chase. I think the fan fav will come out of that group. I think had Kelly B lasted longer she would have been a strong contender for it. Normally the early boots don't have much of a chance. Jane, Jud and Brenda for sure should get lots of votes and maybe Chase slides in there too.

"RE: Jane and Possible Fan Favorites"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-11-10 at 02:30 PM
Squid: Thanks for jumping in and helping!

I like that you are adding the date of Missyae's post. I hadn't been doing that, but will start...it really helps to be able to track the order in which information is posted.

Krautboy

Posted by Krautboy on 10-12-10 at 04:09 PM
SurvivorsUnite has returned to posting this season. He appears to confirm the Final 3 and that Marty outlasts Alina:

Survivorsunite wrote:

“Heya!

I don't have anything other then who goes home when.

However, I can't tell you things like Alina goes before Marty or that the F3 are Judson, Chase, Sash

Krautboy

"Tyrone Boot"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-13-10 at 03:52 PM
Missyae confirmed Ttrone's Boot:

"Tonight's boot is Tyronne."

Krautboy

"RE: Tyrone Boot"
Posted by Belle Book on 10-13-10 at 05:07 PM
Well, I already figured it out by a process of elimination, so I'm glad to be proven right.

"Two individual immunity winners in EP 6"
Posted by Brownroach on 10-14-10 at 12:50 PM
missyae #3653

(10/13/10 11:16 PM)

The pics of Naonka digging in the sand for rings that are already out, thats the challenge to see who our 2 Immunity winners are next week.

Haven't seen these pictures yet.

missyae also says that Alina was originally supposed to get booted last night but the plan changed. And that Naonka wanting to leave was all an act to set up a Tyrone blindside.

"RE: Two individual immunity winners in EP 6"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-14-10 at 01:37 PM
BR, I think this is the photo that Missyae is referring to. I just found it referenced on TDT. Evidently Duckfarmer over at Sucks found this photo mistakenly posted with the Ep 4 photos on the CBS web site, but it's really for Ep. 6. The yellow and blue boundaries/ lines match up with this week's challenge vidcaps.

Looks like you have to flip the ring into your "bucket" that is tied behind you. This could definitely be for individual immunity, which ties in with what Jeff says in the preview that it's not a Tribal immunity.

"Challenges"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-14-10 at 04:17 PM
CrystalOwnage wrote:

10/13 Missyae Replied:
“Can't do that, you gotta watch that unfold.It's gonna be exciting watching the jury openly cheering for this person to keep winning.”

retrosurvivor6 wrote:

what endurance challenge are they using? oh and do you know if the have the challenge where you have like three ropes..and you they answer questions and when all of your ropes are chopped you're out of the challenge.

one last thing...are all the merge reward challenges team based..(like in samoa) one team vs the other. or are they individual for once?

...and is there a auction...haha sorry too many questions.

10/13 Misyae replied:
“The challenges after the merge get a little harder. I don't know if it will come out in the Insider videos or Tyronne's interview but the Naonka quitting was a ruse. They were blindsiding Tyronne. That 1 night is the only night up to this point she was really feeling down. This tonight was part of the blindside of Tyronne.”

10/13 Missyae Replied:
“The pics of Naonka digging in the sand for rings that are already out, thats the challenge to see who our 2 Immunity winners are next week.”

“The only part that was misunderstood was the intercepted part. The rest was just on the edit room floor. You do know they don't show the entire challenge, right? Another reason I HATE spoiling challenges until they get to the individual stuff.”

Krautboy

"More on the EP6 Challenge"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-14-10 at 08:04 PM
10/14 Missyae wrote:

"Hi OFG! No, I didn't take your comments as being aimed to me but even if they were, what can one say? It's very hard pinpointing challenges this early in The Game, I try because to some people, that's their thing. Personally, they don't matter much to me until the merge. I think the challenges will be a bit harder at that point too. I can take the criticism though, it's been a pretty easy season on me so far, lol. Nope, I won't correct or comment on the bootlists, whomever said that is correct. My mailbox has had lots less hate mail with how the spoiling is being handled this season as opposed to the past, so all I can take from that is, the majority prefer it this way, which is great with me. Just so people know, Jane did tell the LaFlor members about Marty and Jill having the idol BEFORE Marty told them. It did not take long at all for Jane to start spilling the beans. At least one of your immunity challenge winners next week, is probably gonna be a surprise. Maybe both of them!!"

Krautboy

"Alina"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-14-10 at 04:19 PM
10/14 Missyae comments on Alina:

“Naonka is not close to Alina, that is gameplay. They were supposed to get rid of her first. A swap was discussed and strategy was put into place. Alina was supposed to be first on that side but it didn't happen.”

“Well I think it's all out there. Alina was supposed to be the boot last night but Espada changed their mind. Before the swap, La Flor had discussed 'what ifs' and on the swap, they were gonna continue to target Kelly B and Alina if they were split up. Alina's alliance was Shannon and Kelly B. All three are either married or in serious relationships and just bonded together. Alina, to her credit, just hung on and hung on and keep scampering around and made the merge. She is outspoken and usually does not hold back.”

Krautboy

"RE: Alina"
Posted by Belle Book on 10-14-10 at 04:48 PM
Interesting! Well, that explains why Kelly B. is targeted first from the new La Flor tribe! Poor girl just can't get a break! I guess the change of plans for Alina is because they were in a 4-4 situation and couldn't afford to get rid of her!

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-14-10 at 05:42 PM
"It's gonna be exciting watching the jury openly cheering for this person to keep winning.”

Interesting tidbit! Since Missyae has ruled out Jane as the immunity hog, and we were told that there will be reasons why Sash is hated (including perhaps the Brenda blindside), I'm thinking this clue has to be about Jud, right?

Also, very smart on La Flor's part to anticipate the swap and make plans for it. Sounds like they already knew how they'd like to split the team up, and they stuck together to the plan. Contrast this to Marty and Espada, who apparently didn't even consider a switch was coming up and have people lining up to flip.

Posted by Brownroach on 10-14-10 at 06:00 PM
that explains why Kelly B. is targeted first from the new La Flor tribe!

Except it doesn't sound like that will be the case from the website clues for next week.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-14-10 at 06:11 PM
Yep, the clues and the Insider Clips both seem to point to a flush of the idol and a split vote.

The only thing that's got me wondering, though, is if they flush Marty's idol this week, how does he give the HII to Sash? Is it hidden again and that comes later? Or does the Mastermind from this week's clues (Sash or Brenda?) work something out so it looks like Sash is in jeopardy and gets Marty to hand it over this week? That would be very cunning -- much better than flushing it out and letting it go to waste!

Also, Missyae bumped Jill's thread and mentioned she'd be doing something good soon, so I'm looking forward to that because lately she's been a let-down.

"Kelly B"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-17-10 at 09:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-10 AT 09:15 PM (EST)

I'm going back through looking for comments that didn't make it over. Pardon me please if I double up. I'm short of time to read over what's here.

I, personally love Kelly B. However, her game out there suffered because of her original alliance with Shannon and Alina. The girls found the clue but never shared the info with Shannon, who might have helped them find the idol. This alliance was made because those 3 players had the concrete relationships back home but found themselves on a tribe with some players who were younger and more free than themselves.

After Shannon left, it put Kelly B and Alina in a very bad spot. Had Shannon just backed down a little and went after Naonka instead of Brenda, it would have changed The Game completely. So you take Kelly B's alliance, toss in her dedication back home, and Naonka's constant badgering and it could make Kelly B appear to be unsocial. I think she's great though. Kudos to her for lasting this long in that situation.

I think it all started out as just Kelly B being a threat. I think it did move into some personality clashes after that though.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-14-10 at 06:04 PM
It didn't seem like Holly would want to go after Alina. She liked her. I'm not so sure that Benry is against Alina either. His insider clip seems to indicate he feels comfortable, but he was on the Shannon side originally.

I would say that Chase and Na Onka are part of the "get Alina" out faction, but look how well she performed in the RC, and she works hard. Apparently she and Kelly B and Ben are the worker bees of original La Flor.

Well, I'm glad she dodged the bullet. The way missyae says that Alina made merge, and with all this emphasis on people wanting her out, that doesn't sound promising for her post-merge longevity. I mean "makes merge" as a spoiler typically means makes merge and is booted shortly thereafter.

"Jill and Kelly"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-14-10 at 08:12 PM
Missyae wrote:

Someone else wrote:
Hopefully it won't be edited out of the show.

Missyae Replied:
It can't be!!! Yeah Jill!!!

Mtj1282 wrote:

Whats the reason for the younger people turning on kelly b though...the sympathy vote or they just dont like her? Maybe i missed it on here but im trying to understand why they are getting rid of her before the older members of there tribe.

10/14 Missyae Replied

"I think it all started out as just Kelly B being a threat. I think it did move into some personality clashes after that though."

Seems to suggest that Jill's actions must take place at TC, where they can't be edited out, and that Kelly B. is in trouble.

Krautboy

"RE: Jill and Kelly"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-14-10 at 09:12 PM
I suppose they can edit stuff out of TC, but to me this latest nugget from Missyae implies that whatever Jill does is essential to this week's episode and can't be left on the cutting room floor. So I'm just wondering, could it be that she wins immunity? (See below) No way that could be edited out! Or could she be the mastermind of the plan? There's still the comment about how Jill gets screwed because Marty takes care of Marty, but that could come at a later point.

The other thing I keep going back to is the spoiler that Marty hands the HII over to Sash, which doesn't reconcile with a flush this week. Could the handoff happen this week or is it too soon? Or is the flush attempted but it doesn't actually happen? The latter seems more likely.

The other issue to consider is who wins immunity. If either Jill or Marty wins, that narrows down La Flor's options and makes Kelly B a more likely boot. I'm leaning toward Jill wins, and they know Marty has the HII, so their only option is to target Jane (which they don't want to do) or Kelly B. I'm thinking the latter scenario would tie nicely with the "Worst Case Scenario" title because I could see La Flor saying, hey, we'll target Marty and try to flush it from him, but worst case scenario, we lose Kelly B who we didn't really want anyway. What do you guys think?

Posted by emydi on 10-15-10 at 03:34 PM
well I'm putting my boot 6 spec here to be safe. But my feeling is that this is spoilers and we have fanatics for spec. but anywoo

After this photo

it appears that Jill wins II which most likely is the "good stuff" that happens to Jill...also the II winner for LF is supposed to be someone we don't expect, ie, Jill You'd think Sash or Jud first.

Worst Case Scenario" - One of the game's most prominent masterminds targets two foes and sets a plan in motion to oust one of them, along with an immunity idol, in one of the most memorable tribal councils of the season, on SURVIVOR: NICARAGUA

The two foes of the mastermind Brenda (with Sash help) are Marty and Kelly B, not Jill. The mastermind wouldn't start to scheme until after they find out about the double TC and the II is determined so Jill would be out of the picture by then.

I just don't know how Brenda/Sash can flush out the idol by Marty using it and get Kelly B out too.

The mastermind can try to flush the idol out with a 3-3-2 split vote. But she has to tell Kelly B that the 2ndary target is Jane (bc Jill is not available), but of course tell Kelly B to vote for Marty.

However, then wouldn't Kelly B think that the 3 Espadas would vote together if Jane is their 2ndary target? The original LFs only have 5 votes

Another possibility is if Brenda/Sash tell Marty to give up his idol to save himself and they will shift the vote to Kelly B. How it goes to Sash and not Brenda..who knows..Brenda didn't seem to care too much that Nay took the HII, maybe she doesn't want the actual thing but wants to know who does...Jiffy said something about this as a legitimate strategy in his blog after Nay found the HII.

They cannot tell Kelly B anything about flushing the idol because they don't have the nos. to split the vote. Therefore, they tell her to vote for Jane as the only available Espada bc Marty has HII and Jill has II.

Then it's a 7-1 Kelly B-Jane vote and the idol is passed before TC and an unexpected person gets the boot--Kelly B.

OFG writes:

However, there is a spoiler that the person who goes when the idol is passed to another was not the one who would have been going home if not for presumably some uncertainty about who is holding the idol.

OFG, do you think that the HII is passed at TC? For some reason, I think the spoiler that "Marty takes care of Marty", that the HII was given to Sash away from TC as a bargaining tool and not given to Sash because he actually needed it at TC

Also, if the sandwich is still good then LaFlor would go to TC first and thus Benry beats Jill in the face off for Espada to get food and chance to see New LaFlor's tribe dynamics see TDT

Then it's

LaFlor: Kelly B(with Espada eating, watching courtesy of Benry)
Espada: Yve (the lone dissenter left)
LaFlor: Jill
Merge

Posted by Krautboy on 10-15-10 at 05:01 PM
Nice work Emydi! I think you and Squid nailed it! I can take the rest of the weekend off! ;)

I think you should post this in the EP6 discussion thread as well. Well done!

Krautboy

Posted by Brownroach on 10-15-10 at 05:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-10 AT 06:00 PM (EST)

I went back over one piece of the missyae info and I feel we may be misinterpreting something. Here's the way ofg described it, as quoted above, and the way most of us have probably understood it:

there is a spoiler that the person who goes when the idol is passed to another was not the one who would have been going home

But this is what missyae actually said:

Clarifying some info. I think I said the hidden idols will not affect the boot order, well maybe it did on 1 boot. A player has the idol and is told to let another player use it so that player will not go home. Well neither of those players went home that night but someone else did.Later in The Game one of our quitters had an idol when they decided to quit.

Since we know the "later in the game" refers to the idol Naonka has, the first part must refer to Marty's idol.

But I'm not sure this:

A player has the idol and is told to let another player use it so that player will not go home.

refers to Marty passing the idol to Sash. In fact, from the wording, which I always thought was weird, I'm almost sure it doesn't. Why would someone be telling Marty to let Sash have the idol and why should Marty obey?

I think this must be something that happens after Sash already has possession of the idol. He's "told" to let someone else use it. missyae doesn't say whether or not the idol-holder obliged, only that neither the idol-holder nor the potential idol-recipient left at that TC.

So I think you are likely correct here, emy, regarding Marty and Sash:
the HII was given to Sash away from TC as a bargaining tool and not given to Sash because he actually needed it at TC

And I don't think that will occur just yet. Possibly in Ep 7.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-16-10 at 11:44 AM
Thanks for reminding us of the original wording, BR. It is a curious clue. I always assumed it was Marty being coerced into giving it to Sash, but maybe you're right that it could be something else. Missyae does give us a hint about timing, though, since she says "later in the game someone quits with one." So it's implied that someone being told to give the HII to someone else must happen before NaOnka quits, which narrows down the options.

Also, Missyae just posted below that Holly get Idol'd (see below). I was thinking that it must be Sash's HII that gets her...but after rereading this clue, now I'm wondering if it's Chase's Idol.

It might be worth having a separate thread at some point just for discussing how/when the HIIs will be used.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-17-10 at 10:45 PM
Yes, I think between the three of you, you've got it. I think there's a syntactical issue that made the clue hard to get.

"A Player has the idol and is told to let another player use it so that player will not go home."

At the long ago time this was given, it was easy to assume Marty had formed an alliance with Sash and was trying to protect him. Now, not so much. Normally, the ref of "that player" should refer back to the last mention of the noun player, but if it refers to the first player mentioned -- it jibes with what Squid said.

Marty is told to let another player use it and in exchange (so that) Marty will not go home. What Squid said.

This clue does refer to the Marty/Sash handoff, because it was jessiiiek who filled in the names after missyae gave this clue.

Posted by emydi on 10-18-10 at 11:26 AM
so then how does Brenda/Sash try to flush out the idol they don't have the nos (see my post above)? Does Marty figure that out? From missyae's spoilers it appears that Marty is bold i.e, he just doesn't use it this week and keeps the idol avoids the boot. Then next week to save Marty he gives it to Sash outside of TC "Marty takes care of Marty" and Jill goes.

Posted by Georjanna on 10-15-10 at 05:49 PM
10-15-10

Lexxan wrote:

Missyae: Yeah for Jill!!!! Yeah for Holly!!!!!

MidnightPrince69 wrote:

Missyae: Yes sir!!

Posted by Krautboy on 10-15-10 at 07:01 PM
So, Jill and Holly win Immunity, Marty and NaOnka have Idols and Yve and KellyB. get the boot this week.

Next week Jill goes home when Marty makes a deal with the devil...Sash.

Krautboy

"Holly gets Idol'd; NaOnka quitting; and Family Visit Info"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-16-10 at 11:31 AM
Missyae's on a roll -- a bunch of good new info posted 10/15:

Re NaOnka talking about quitting last week vs. really quitting later in the game:
Posted 10/15: "Yes, last week was just strategy, however she did have a bad night when Chase comforted her and even said a prayer for her, which did not make the edit! However she will actually quit and I was told she said her bones were hurting and she thought it was some kind of disease. The bad thing about her quitting is that the next morning after they blindsided Brenda, Nay shows up at Reward challenge wanting to win a reward, fully knowing she was quitting later that day. Jeff was aware at that RC Nay was planning on quitting."

Re Holly's boot:
Posted 10/15: (In response to someone saying that Holly was really melting down and wasn't acting when she was talking about quitting). "We may get to see that side of Holly again when she does leave. I was told she was not a happy camper!"

Posted 10/15: "They (Holly and Jane) were both older ladies, I mean I could have mixed them up, huh? Maybe Holly is the last female standing. Either way, I bet Holly HATES immunity idols.

Re Family Visit:
Mayan Sun posted a spoiler that Jane's daughter Ashley makes the family visit as does Fabio's mom and Missyae posted on 10/15: "Nice job, you are good!!!"

Re Who goes first, Holly or Jane...and Benry or Brenda
>>>missyae, does Brenda outlast Benry?
Posted 10/15: "Maybe I got Jane and Holly mixed up, that was a long time ago. Does Brenda outlast Benry, hmm, that might give away too much." (Also see above re Holly vs. Jane)

Re Marty and Yve communicating in Spanish
Someone asked Missyae to confirm if that really happened, and he posted on 10/15 "Definitely."

Hmmm, so sounds like Holly gets Idol'd (by Sash?) and that *perhaps* Benry outlasts Brenda and is part of her blindside. And we know for sure that Jane, Dan and Fabio make the family visit. Not surprised at all that NaOnka would go on a reward before quitting.

P.S. Krautboy, I only went through pages 192 and 193 at Sucks. Didn't have time to go through more, but it seems like a lot of pages were added this past week so there might be earlier stuff that should also be brought over. E.g, OFG mentioned in the vidcaps thread there was a clue about this week's challenge winners being a "surprise" -- I don't recall seeing that, although maybe that's not important now for the rest of the season anyway.

"RE: Holly gets Idol'd; NaOnka quitting; and Family Visit Info"
Posted by Brownroach on 10-17-10 at 10:07 AM
I wouldn't state things in the header that are not confirmed spoilers; that is how mistakes happen later. missyae didn't say that Holly gets idoled in that post, and he previously said the hidden idols don't affect the game.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-17-10 at 11:39 AM
Good point, BR. I just tried to edit my previous post but can't figure out how to change the subj line -- do you know if it's possible?

So if the HIIs don't impact the game, why would Holly "hate" immunity idols and have a meltdown when she gets booted? Or does this mean that Holly would she have gone anyway at that particular point, but she didn't realize it? The only other thing I could think of is that she goes because someone else has immunity. (But would you call that the immunity "idol"?)

Posted by Brownroach on 10-17-10 at 12:27 PM
You can't edit the subject so don't worry about it; maybe that is what missyae meant, but he has a predilection for posting coy teasers so I don't think we should jump to conclusions without more info.

"Holly and the idols"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-17-10 at 03:48 PM
I think the explanation is that Holly does not get idoled at TC, but she gets booted because everyone else has an idol and there is nothing she can do to save herself.

10/17 Missyae wrote:
"They were both older ladies, I mean I could have mixed them up, huh? Maybe Holly is the last female standing. Either way, I bet Holly HATES immunity idols."

They really dont have anything to do with what happens with Holly, it would have happened anyway. But I bet she still does not like idols."

Krautboy

"RE: Holly and the idols"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-17-10 at 04:03 PM
Thanks for the new info @ Holly from Missyae, KB. This clarifies things -- sounds like she would have gone anyway.

But in terms of the HII, when is the last time that it can be played? I can't recall, but isn't it F5 or F4? Regardless, there are only 2 HIIs so I don't think it could ever be the case of Holly being the only one without one.

I guess some people are now wondering if these new clues are saying that Holly outlasts Jane, but I don't think so given the Jane/fan favorite comments.

"RE: Holly and the idols"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-17-10 at 09:08 PM
I think the fan fave comments are based on edit for likability, not the difference in finish, not if it's like one place or two at most. Jane is a widow who really needs the money. Holly is well off.

It does sound like missyae is working to reverse the perception that Jane is last woman standing, and the idol bit makes it sound like Holly is there close to the end.

Missyae said the idols weren't going to change the game around this season like they did last season. If the people with idols are safe due to alliances in any case, it's not so much a game changer, and it's not a classic idol bounce.

In Samoa, the idol was good until Day 36. That season, Day 36 was F6, the Shambo vote. In at least one other season, the idol instructions said F5 or F4, depending on how many finalists there would be.

For Terry Deitz, it expired at F4, and he needed the F3 immunity and lost it.
In a F3 season, typically no later than F5. I don't think it's supposed to be able to get you all the way to the end.

So this clue puzzles me, as at F5, even with 2 HII's and one immunity, there are still two targets. At F4, a person would be the one one vulnerable, but is the idol still good?

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-17-10 at 09:34 PM
>>> OFG mentioned in the vidcaps thread there was a clue about this week's challenge winners being a "surprise." Yes, that must have been right after the show and I didn't find it again, but it didn't matter long, because missyae announced the II winners.

Lexxan wrote:
Which two castaways win Immunity at Next Episode's IC?

"Yeah for Jill!!!! Yeah for Holly!!!!!"

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-17-10 at 10:50 PM
Oh ... I just found that comment about the surprise. KB did bring it over. It's in his post #40. Thank you Krautboy so much and Squid for your efforts and copying all this before it gets buried. I tried to step up a little today and got through the current page of 200.

"Brenda and the Double quit"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-17-10 at 03:53 PM
Missyae comments in great detail about the events around Brenda and her departutre:

"I think with everything thats gonna go on with Brenda, she will get her own eppy with her boot by itself. They have to show Nay and Kelly S both leaving in same eppy cause it happened at the same TC. But I really think they will give Brenda her own eppy.

All of this stuff about so many days to do this, so many days to do that, you gotta do this, you gotta do that, gives me a headache. I am glad I get to do info that deals with players, boots, alliances, quitters, rewards, immunity, instead of dates on a calendar.

"Brenda was voted out. There was a RC the next morning. Nay let it be known at the RC she was quitting, Jeff knew. That same day they go get Brenda and tell her they are going back to TC. At the TC, Nay quits, Kelly S quits, Jeff was fairly easy on them, asked them to keep playing but they declined. Jeff takes BOTH their torches and lays them down in plain view where they have to see them each time they come back to TC to remind them they are both quitters. Naonka's reason for betraying Brenda, the others convinved her nobody could beat Brenda in a final 3. The other side of the coin is Brenda was well aware if she could get Nay and Kelly S to the finals, she was gonna win a million dollars. So what do you do? Brenda should have probably seen it coming I guess with Sash and Chase hooking up with Holly and Jane. Jane would pick flowers for all the girls to put in their hair, EXCEPT for Brenda. Jane and Holly started sleeping on each side of Chase instead of Brenda. Jane held the larger fish back for Chase. I think this season's reunion should hire extra security because there are still some very bitter feelings harbored from these players. Why didn't Holly offer to buy Dan more shoes, she surely can afford it. There are players who still hate Sash. Yve should slap Probst for her edit, we still know nothing about her. The whole vote last week where she voted for Nay, was a set-up from the ex-members of LaFlor. They tricked Yve into voting for Nay because she was "sick". Well no she wasn't, it was a ruse. So now Yve voted for Nay and that puts her on the chopping block. Would have been nice to see all of that. Would have been nice to see how badly this player wanted to play The Game. What about Tyrone? You don't think there are upset people about his comments on players being racists???? Like I said pre-show, NO social skills. He had ZERO friends out there, NONE. Maybe some of the players call him out at the reunion about his remarks. The whole Nay and Brenda thing, how will that play out at the reunion? They were VERY tight at one time. What about Shannon? Nobody will probably be safe from his remarks, espeically Sash. All in all, I bet the reunion show is gonna be something else folks."

Krautboy

"RE: Brenda and the Double quit"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-17-10 at 04:07 PM
Thanks KB! So sounds like Brenda should have seen it coming because the signs were there.

Posted by Brownroach on 10-17-10 at 08:34 PM
Wow. Really a lot of completely subjective BS in that m post. More to come I'm sure.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-20-10 at 02:20 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-10 AT 10:00 PM (EST)

(in reply? and discussing Kelly B and Alina)

missyae: Not just purely game, the majority of LaFlor, including all the other females, did not like Alina and Kelly B. Part of it was the difference in lifestyles. Alina is a tough player, real scrapper but she can tend to put her foot in her mouth. I don't know why anyone would not love Kelly B. But that's just my opinion, so flame it BROWNROACH. I can have opinions too, I am not limited to just posting spoilers. GET A LIFE ROACH

_______
OFG: I am just transcribing the conversation. Debated whether to include the personal part, but as it clearly responds to BR's post above, and he might not see it at Sucks, I went with it. Have no desire to fan the flames of contention!

Posted by Brownroach on 10-21-10 at 06:11 PM
No worries. Yes, opinions are not the same thing as spoilers. And I already have a wonderful life.

"Oh, and ofg?"
Posted by Brownroach on 10-23-10 at 00:18 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-10 AT 07:24 AM (EST)

*earlier message removed* -- When I was rereading the thread last night it just hit me as wrong to have posted missyae's comments here, disclaimer notwithstanding, and it made me a little angry. missyae is free to say whatever he wants about me, but if he isn't going to post it here himself I'd prefer it was left over at Sucks.

So I apologize for the (deleted) outburst, but I do think it's ill-advised to bring flames over here from another board -- not just about me but about anyone.

"RE: Oh, and ofg?"
Posted by Round Robin on 10-24-10 at 02:05 AM
BR, I think you ought to have dealt with this by sending OFG a private e-mail, not by posting this in public. By posting such a harsh post in public, you come off looking no better than missyae himself. Take the high road, not the low road.

Posted by Brownroach on 10-25-10 at 07:30 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-10 AT 11:32 AM (EST)

RR, not sure I agree about the pm since the issue was board protocol. But in any case I removed the earlier message entirely.
(edited to fix typo)

Posted by Round Robin on 10-26-10 at 00:37 AM
I think even an issue of board protocol is probably best dealt with by PM. If the blue peeps see fit, they can publicly announce a decision in such matters, but it just makes things get testy around here when the rest of us do it.

"Brenda boot"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-17-10 at 10:21 PM
Note: I'm just going to post new comments as replies to the first post. Then whatever spec we do can be in reply to the comment. If I start putting comments grouped by player or incident, it gets too hard to see the new posts.
_____
10/17

I have all the details on the Brenda Boot but it might be more fun to just sit back and watch that eppy unfold. Probably gonna be the best eppy of the season until we get to the Final Tribal Council.

"Sash not liked at TC"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-17-10 at 10:23 PM
I think Sash might need to wear protective clothing. I think the jury is gonna be aggressive. I think the finalist who starts crying is gonna come off as very, very sincere. All of this after the jury had been openly cheering on the immunity run person, just seems to be great ingredients for a great final Tribal Council. As Ricky Ricardo would say, "Sash, you got some splainin' to do"

"RE: Sash not liked at TC"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-18-10 at 00:30 AM
So I'm thinking the finalist who starts crying must be Chase, right? (He'll talk about his dad and will feel bad about all the women he wronged to get to the F3.)

The immunity run finalist must be Jud....and then Missyae tells us point blank that Sash is the one who everyone will hate.

"RE: Sash not liked at TC"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-18-10 at 00:57 AM
Agreed that one would expect Chase, but I thought I saw a missyae post that was kind of short and said "Jud cries" -- but I couldn't begin to find it over there. Was this last week. It was before he said that a finalist starts crying.

"on editing favorites"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-17-10 at 10:25 PM
I really think with all the info I had on this season, I could have edited it much better than CBS is doing. They had so much more to work with to tell a better story on more people and they are so 'hell bent' on setting up Naonka for her fall they forgot people like Shannon, Yve, Jill, Alina, Kelly B. There was so much more going on with those people.

Why didn't they show more of the Shannon, Kelly B, Alina connection and people would understand more reasons the LaFlors targeted them besides falling back on 'scared of Kelly B making it to the finals', thats BS. There was more than just that. If they want ratings on the finale they will encourage Kelly B. to nail Naonka over the head with her leg, it probably would not take much encouragement to get her to.

I guess they decided early on, let's hook our trailer up to Marty and ride him. Marty's great, but he don't last that long you know. If anyone should be telling the story soon, it's Sash and Brenda.

"Bitter older jury members - confident Marty"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-17-10 at 10:31 PM

I think Jane might be bitter too. Most the original old tribe are bitter. Sash didn't give senior citizen discounts with his moves, lol. I could see Marty and Dan asking for a match with him on Monday Night RAW. Pretty good observations.

I don't think Marty is a lunatic though, just very confident. Watch this week and you will see how confident.

I'm thinking the Marty confident this week confirms my earlier spec (on the teaser topic?) that Marty will not play the idol and will foil the "mastermind" plan to flush the idol this week, setting stage for what happens next week.

"Jury vote spec - Brenda, Na Onka"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-17-10 at 10:37 PM
Blueberry wrote:
Bitter Bitchy Brenda
At this point I wouldn't rule out Na Onka voting for Jud

missyae: Aaagggghhh, I dunno. She might have been and still could be, but I sorta get a 'respects The Game' vibe from her, don't you? I dunno, maybe I am wrong. Do you think after that threesome were together (Brenda, Nay, Purple), then split, then were together on jury, think maybe the 3 of them voted the same way?

I think the "she" he means is Brenda, not Na Onka.

roxbury123 wrote:
I think all Brenda/KellyS/NaOnka will vote for Chase and those will be his only votes. Everyone else I think will vote for Jud making the vote 6-3.

missyae: I don't

"Ben"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-17-10 at 10:38 PM
As far as Brenda' Boot, I bet with how on top of things she was, she likely knew it was coming. You would think once she saw Chase and Jane becoming so close and the sleeping arrangements, she just had to know. I guess she needed that Idol that Nay gave Chase the next day.

I think Ben is invisible for a reason, he just didn't do much.

"spec: Benry F7 or better; Brenda F10"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-17-10 at 11:29 PM
I can't find the right post to tie this into.
Somewhere at Sucks last week I spec'd that Brenda out at F10 allows Benry to finish stronger than the Kellies. Not going to bother to look for it. Anyhow, when missyae spoiled that Na Onka goes on reward the day after the Brenda boot, it all clicked.

The double tribal would have been scheduled for F8/F7, before the quits, with no reward. So it must be the F9 cycle that starts after Brenda is booted at F10.

So Alina and Marty are the two post-merge boots, and then Brenda's alliance sandbags her. The final 7 includes Jud, Chase, Sash + some order of Benry, Dan, Holly and Jane. So far Dan, Jane, Jud have family visitors spoiled, but FV could be at F7.

Now here is where I thought about what this does to the schedule. missyae doesn't like this stuff, but we might find it interesting to ponder.

F10 boot -- per TDT's guestimate, Day 27
F9 quit -- Day 28
F8 quit -- Day 28
Production schedule still had 2 days for the F9 boot and it's already at F7, which was not supposed to have a reward challenge or reward. There are two immunity challenges not run, the F9 and F8, so there are two challenges available to be converted to RC's.

Working backwards, here were the planned numbers:
F3 = Day 39
F4 = Day 38
F5= Day 37
F6 boot = Da7 36
F7 boot = Day 33

So you see they were left with 5 days for the F7 cycle, which was planned as 1 day. At most it can be 3 days, and a reward is needed. F6 was already a 3 day cycle, probably with FV planned on Day 34. Now they would need it to be Day 32.

Either the F5 cycle can be 3 days instead of 1, or they make F5 and F4 both two day cycles, as I see it. There was no sign that castaways returned early and the intro said it would be 39 days as per usual.

Just some stuff to think about. For example, say the HII expires on a certain day, like Day37, which is supposed to be the F5 boot. What if Day 37 is now part of the F4 cycle, what would they do? Could that extend the life of the idol to F4, such that there remain two idol holders, Jud (immune), and Holly, as spec'd that she is in a hopeless situation due to the idols?

"RE: spec: Benry F7 or better; Brenda F10"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-18-10 at 10:23 AM
OFG, great job covering the bases on this, and thanks for bringing over all the new info. I'm kinda like Missyae when it comes to the calendar stuff , but I would think the best options are:

- Give F5 its own episode and start the Finale with F4. (Which would really make sense if it's Jane or Holly or a fan fave at F5, to give them more face time.). Depending on when the Family Visit falls, could also give that more time too.
- Wasn't there supposed to be a double boot at some point post merge? Now just separate those into 2 diff. episodes -- like you said, there are plenty of "extra" challenges.
- Add a recrap (if not already planned).
- Skip an episode on Thanksgiving week. (Or is that where the recrap fits in?)

Posted by emydi on 10-18-10 at 11:35 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-10 AT 02:29 PM (EST)

good analysis OFG!!

here's TDT calendar as of today:

Up to Day 27 would be the same up to F10 boot presumably Brenda
and 9 left

Then Day 28 would be RC, TC with 2 quitters Nay and Kelly S and 7 left

Then Days 29-30 could be cycle for TC with F7 and Six Left

Then Days 31-33 could be cycle with Family visit?? and TC F6 and 5 left

Then Days 34-35 could be cycle for TC F5 with 4 left

Then Days 36-37 could be cycle for TC F4 with 3 left (day 37 being last day for HIIs?? and both Sash and Chase play theirs and Jud the immunity run winner wins II and Holly has to go??)

then Days 38-39 is for breakfast and Trail of torches on day 38 with an extra day to get ready for final TC on Day 39 at night

_______

So we have the groups anyway

Pre merge: Kelly B Yve Jill

Initial Post Merge: Alina/Marty who does the original LFs vote out first from all that is being said about Alina/Kelly B I'd say Alina then Marty in a somewhat blindside

F10 F9 F8 Brenda Nay Kelly S thanks to OFG!

F7 F6 F5 F4

Benry Dan Jane Holly--my best guess right now I think that Benry and Dan at F7/F6 could be interchangeable and so could Jane/Holly at F5/F4

F3 Sash Chase Jud

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-18-10 at 04:17 PM
Agree with your list, Emydi. Not sure how reliable SurvivorUnited is, but s/he has spoiled that Alina goes before Marty.

Hoping we'll get more clues soon to figure out the Ben/Dan/Jane/Holly order. From what Missyae tells us, Ben does nothing to warrant a better edit (although that doesn't necessarily mean he'd go F7), but I'd tend to think that Chase and Sash would consider him a challenge threat and would want to cut him loose before he gets too far, esp. if he's not part of their F3.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-18-10 at 09:22 PM
Very nice, emydi and Squid!

I think the news that Chase, Sash, Holly, and Jane ally could tell us what we need to know about the end game. F5 = these four plus Jud winning immunity?

I think Benry would be F7, because we have nothing on him and Family Visit. Family Visit involves a lot of air travel and other travel coordination, and if at F7 they would have to suddenly move it to next day or day after the surprise quit. Very very unlikely.

Dan has a loved one come out, so if FV is F6, then Benry goes before him.

The problem with extending the late episodes is that they are boring TV.

My list as of Ep 6 on:
Kelly B/Yve, Jill, Alina, Marty, Brenda, Na Onka, Kelly Purple, Benry, Dan, Jane, Holly, Sash, Chase, Jud -- Jud WINS!

Posted by Round Robin on 10-19-10 at 00:45 AM
They usually have 14 episodes, so in a 20 player season like this one, they'd normally have 2 double elims and a final 5. The double quit takes care of the 2nd double elim, so that's no problem in and of itself, but the problem is that, coming the day after the previous boot, it gives them a 1 day cycle where they'd normally have a 3 day cycle. So they don't have to add an episode, but if they don't they either have to have at least 1 cycle longer than 3 days or shorten the game by a couple days.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-19-10 at 02:34 AM
Right, Robin, and we know they didn't shorten the game because Jeff still announces at the opening that it will be 39 days.

I think the main issue is they may have to add rewards where none were planned, as it's way boring to show 3 days with 7 or less people left and only one challenge and TC.

Compare that to a double tribal episode, which has two challenges and two TC's.

Posted by emydi on 10-19-10 at 10:15 AM
Does anyone know the date of the finale?

Usually it's the 2nd sunday of Dec which would be 12th

then we have (with help from TDT calendar)

Oct 20-Kelly B Jill 13 left Day 15 (June 28)
Oct 27-Jill 12 left Days 16-18 (June 29-July 1)
Nov 3-merge Alina 11 left Days 19-21(July 2-4)
Nov 10- Marty 10 left Days 22-24(July 5-7)
Nov 17-Brenda 9 left Days 25-27(July 8-10)
Nov 24-day b/4 thxgiving Nay Kelly S 7 left Day 28 (July 11)
Dec 1-Benry 6 left Days 29-30 (July 12-13)
Dec 8-family visit Dan 5 left Days 31-33 (July 14-16)
Dec 12-finale and it covers days 34-39 (July 17-22)

The finale can cover 6 days because it's longer 2 Hours and they'll have 3 TCs and they can brush thru 34-36 quickly and Day 36 Jane goes, Day 37 Holly goes and then 2 days for final 3 but they can rush through those with breakfast, torch parade and then Final TC.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-19-10 at 07:35 PM
Nice, thanks emydi, beautifully organized.

Posted by Round Robin on 10-20-10 at 01:49 AM
If tacking the extra days onto the finale is what they did, I think that made the most sense. That way they can leave the family visit with all the planning required at the original date, tack an extra reward onto the final 5 to use up the challenge that otherwise would have gone unused, and spread out all the ceremonial malarkey the final 3 do. The double quit probably happened where the double elim was scheduled anyway, and just shortened up the cycle a day or 2.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-20-10 at 02:16 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-10 AT 02:17 AM (EST)

missyae confirmed today that Brenda is F10, not those exact words but it's clear.

The double boot would have been F8/F7 and the quits happen at first day of F9, so all of a sudden they are FIVE days from when they planned the F7 boot, and probably SIX days out from the planned Family Visit, which they will need to have together in FOUR days, FIVE days if they push it back to Day 2 of the F6 cycle.

So it should mess up all their flight reservations quite nicely, either that or they board the family members for an extra day or two.

Posted by emydi on 10-20-10 at 10:37 AM
Re: Dan as F6 Boot

I seem to recall reading a snippet that said Holly and Jane made a mistake at F6 by not forcing a tie at F6 and just went along with Dan boot.

If Jud won II as the II runner and Sash and Chase presumably still have their HIIs then H/J could have at least forced at least one (maybe 2 if they played it right) to play their HIIs then. Instead they gave the guys the 3-2 majority plus 2 HIIs. Then F5 the 3 guys know that they don't need to play their HIIs because H/J only have 2 votes. Then presumably, at F4, the HIIs are still good and Jud has II and Holly is only one that isn't protected at TC...

P.S. I really hope that this isn't the case I don't like the fact that they get to Final TC by using a HII...but missyae's comment about Holly not liking idols..hmmmm

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-21-10 at 09:30 PM
This spec sounds very likely to me. You sure are on a roll, emy!
>>> I seem to recall reading a snippet that said Holly and Jane made a mistake at F6 by not forcing a tie at F6 and just went along with Dan boot.

It's very possible I've forgotten something, but my current recollection is that I was one of the people saying they could have forced a tie, but it was just spec. I think the underlying spoiler hint was that the women, including Holly and Jane, had no one to blame but themselves for letting the men run off with the game. With these two, by hitching themselves to Chase and Sash.

From that, I spec'd that they don't make a stand at the time when they have a potential ally -- F6, with Dan. I think your spec makes a good scenario for why that inference makes sense. As you point out, once they hit F5 they have no leverage.

Posted by emydi on 10-22-10 at 09:38 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-10 AT 11:33 AM (EST)

Thanks ofg I couldn't remember the exact missyae spoiler about the women...my F6 is just spec then but I think it's plausible

or I guess they could have done it at F7 with Benry too and taken out an idol and possibly either Sash or Chase, Edgardo style (I still love his face when he realizes what happens) i.e. take Sash out but insinuate they were targeting Chase (or vice versa) even if they both use the HIIs at least they're gone and they'd probably target Benry....but HJ stick with CJS to their detriment didn't Kathy O say F7 is the time to act??

Posted by kiki_k on 10-21-10 at 11:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-10 AT 00:07 AM (EST)

If Jud won II as the II runner and Sash and Chase presumably still have their HIIs then H/J could have at least forced at least one (maybe 2 if they played it right) to play their HIIs then. Instead they gave the guys the 3-2 majority plus 2 HIIs. Then F5 the 3 guys know that they don't need to play their HIIs
because H/J only have 2 votes. Then presumably, at F4, the HIIs are still good and Jud has II and Holly is only
one that isn't protected at TC...

P.S. I really hope that this isn't the case I don't like the fact that they get to Final TC by using a HII...but missyae's comment about Holly not liking idols..hmmmm

I'm with you all the way & I like it, except for the part about the HIIs still being good at F4. I don't recall that ever being the case in Survivor. Ever since they introduced HIIs, they have only been good up until the F5 TC, at least when there was a Final 3, not a Final 2, if I remember correctly. And you are right, it would suck if they were allowed to be used at F4.

I know missaye has said some things along the lines that he "might have mixed up the two old ladies" (ie Holly & Jane) when everyone was saying Jane was the last woman standing. However, I think we should consider the possibility that missaye is messing with us to throw us off -- he didn't say he did mix up Holly & Jane, he said he might have (yeah, I know, I spent way too long reading 200+ pages of that thread last night). So, maybe Jane is, in fact, the last woman standing and Holly goes at F5 -- and that is why she hates HIIs -- because at that point Jud has II, Sash & Chase have HIIs, don't have to play them, and she & Jane are only 2 votes. They failed to consider the HIIs at F6 when they went along with the Dan boot and the possibility that Jud wins II again at F5.

Off topic @OFG -- I don't want to clutter up this thread with this in a separate post, so I'm clumsily tacking it on here instead of as a response to your post to me directly below: Thank you for your response to my post directly below here re: my double post about the Brenda goes before Benry clue. It really made me happy. I'll probably still lurk the majority of the time, depending on work, but I am reading almost every post in this Forum (as I have been for years) and it is not only because of the great info & reasoning here, but also because of the entire "mood" of this place (especially compared to other boards). You all are really, really great people who are just sooo pleasant & sweet.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-22-10 at 07:57 AM

you're 100% right about the history of the idol. It was good at F4 for Terry Deitz, but it was a F2. F5 is latest for F3, and in Samoa is was Day 36, which was F6.

I don't know what to make of this. The reason I was messing with the calendar above is I was wondering if the quitters could mess up the schedule so that F4 was still in the day range for the idol.

I'm repeating this, but it's buried up there -- we have seen scrolls come with the idol that say it can last be played when a # of players is left. We have also seen scrolls that say Day # such and such. If it said Day # and the schedule changed, would they then have to allow the idol to be played one cycle later?

Day 36 would normally be F6 TC. Day 37 would be F5, which could be the last day. But there are two extra days because of the quits. What if they have the F5 on Day 35 or 36, and F4 TC is on Day 37?
(That would leave two days for the F3 to get ready for the jury, but they don't need to show the extra hours in the Finale.)

It's hard for me to imagine that production would intentionally allow multiple HII's to be good through F4. It sure would be a first.

You spec'd that missyae could be messing with us. I don't think so. For one thing, missyae's information has all been solid, and if he does get something mixed up earlier he says so and straightens it out. Second, it's a bannable offense at Sucks to mess with people by mixing them up on purpose, and he's not going to go anywhere near that even if he wanted to. And I don't think he wants to.

I tend to think Holly is F4 due to the multiple references to how unexpectedly far she goes, but we don't know that yet. However, if there is a choice of which of two women to boot, then no reason for Holly to hate the idols. She could hate Chase or Sash for voting her out.

Posted by Georjanna on 10-22-10 at 11:19 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-10 AT 11:21 AM (EST)

Had to go back to a CBS Recap to confirm it - the legs are not the first things to go ... - but the HII was still in play at the Final Four in Cook Islands and that was the first Final Three.

Posted by Brownroach on 10-22-10 at 11:23 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-10 AT 11:30 AM (EST)

It was good at F4 for Terry Deitz, but it was a F2.

IIRC, Yul's idol the following season was also good until F4, and there was an F3. A lot of people thought it was unfair because it basically let Yul coast to the finals.

Edited to acknowledge redundancy with Georjanna's post.

"I stand corrected!"
Posted by kiki_k on 10-22-10 at 11:51 AM
I'm getting old. I didn't remember the HII being played at F4 with Yul!!

Ah, well, it still is stupid & I don't like it. BUT, I think that it is probably played at F4 here too against Holly.

And when I said missaye is "messing with us" I only meant maybe he was being vague on purpose with by saying "might have mixed up" instead of "did mix up."

"RE: I stand corrected!"
Posted by emydi on 10-22-10 at 11:59 AM
Recall Yul was going to give HII to Becky but she declined (did Yul win II or did Ozzy?) and went to the amazing fire challenge with Sundra where they had to give them blow torches and they still had trouble

"RE: I stand corrected!"
Posted by Brownroach on 10-22-10 at 01:31 PM
Ozzy had regular immunity I believe. Ah yes, the amazing interminable fire-starting challenge. Didn't they wheel out cots for the jurors so they could take naps?

"Ah, it is coming back to me now!"
Posted by kiki_k on 10-22-10 at 02:51 PM
I remember the offer of the HII to Becky & that ridiculous tie-break too. Dayum -- that was a good season. Too bad I only remember bits and pieces!

Posted by Georjanna on 10-22-10 at 11:52 AM
And if I remember correctly, redundancy became my new best friend somewhere around my 65th birthday.

Thanks, BR ...

G

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-20-10 at 02:26 AM
Today's comment makes it clear that Benry outlasts Brenda, thus is F7 at minimum, and that Brenda is F10 -- Marty and Alina are gone.

It's all really easy to second guess and play armchair quaterback now. What are you gonna do when your alliance members decide to turn on you, nothing. Marty was gone, she could have played with him. Alina was gone, maybe she could have played with her.

There were no options. What was she gonna do hook up with Dan? LOL Benry? LOL Even if she did, they still had the numbers. It was the point of The Game where it was time to start getting rid of your own people and she was a threat to them. All she could have done, probably, was try to get an idol from Naonka or Sash. She had been running things with Sash.

I think, of course this is just my BROWN opinion, shes better than Rob C. The thing is, when the others get whats coming to them, maybe they look back and say, hmmmm, should have kept Brenda? It works both ways. Only 1 person wins you know, 19 are losers.

Also, it tells us that Benry and Dan were the outsiders that she COULD have hooked up with, which tells us she was booted by the two quitters, plus Chase/Sash/Holly/Jane as the new alliance against her, and Jud (whose part in all this is unclear, as he seems to be floating on the edge of the power).

"Is this a slip up by missaye re: Brenda v. Benry?"
Posted by kiki_k on 10-21-10 at 02:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-10 AT 03:31 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-21-10 AT 03:25 PM (EST)

Many spoilers, including OFG, have been able to put together very strong evidence that Benry outlasts Brenda (which is contra to the alleged "boot list" that had been leaked by I don't remember). And Missaye has been cryptic with clues and doesn't want to confirm boots until the week of each episode; however, he wrote this last night in response to some people saying that Brenda can't be "the greatest player who never won" if she goes out so soon after merge:

It's all really easy to second guess and play armchair quaterback now. What are you gonna do when your alliance members decide to turn on you, nothing. Marty was gone, she could have played with him. Alina was gone, maybe she could have played with her. There were no options. What was she gonna do hook up with Dan? LOL Benry? LOL Even if she did, they still had the numbers. It was the point of The Game where it was time to start getting rid of your own people and she was a threat to them. All she could have done, probably, was try to get an idol from Naonka or Sash. She had been running things with Sash. I think, of course this is just my BROWN opinion, shes better than Rob C. The thing is, when the others get whats coming to them, maybe they look back and say, hmmmm, should have kept Brenda? It works both ways. Only 1 person wins you know, 19 are losers.

Note he writes "what was she (Brenda) going to do hook up with Dan? LOL Benry?" That confirms that Benry is still there when Brenda is booted. So, I think missaye has "slipped up" and given up a boot order earlier than intended.

And my two cents: Brenda ain't all that. Geesh, she's pretty, but come on people! She sits around waiting for people to come to her to "offer her alliances" and vocally draws lines in the sand to alienate those not in her alliance instead of playing it smooth and keeping her options *somewhat* open (as Sash seems to be doing as of last night's episode). Also, I just don't get the defense of Brenda -- how is this the point when it was time to "get rid of your own people" when Fabio & Benry were still there (and that is assuming that Dan is now "one of your own people" not to mention Holly & Jane, whom I also don't recall being in Brenda's original alliance). If she had played smart she could have held sway with say, Dan, Holly & Jane & convinced them they would be dumped by Chase/Sash/NaOnka et al and could go further by teaming up with her against them. (And it would have been true if not for the quiters). Funny, too, how I seem to remember a lot of other players being able to scramble when their original alliance turned on them. Whatevs -- Mark & Jeff want us to believe that she's the "greatest player that never won" so they can justify her 10th place finish to cast her in All Stars (I bet she gets a lot of casting help too, ala Pavarti), so I guess we have to tow the line.

eta: All the talk about missaye aroused my curiosity & that is the first time I've gone over to that other site in years, and I had forgotten why I can't stand that place. I certainly remember now. I don't know what he has against Brownroach, but I appreciate your work here, Brown.

eta: ARGG!! I should have read all the posts before posting. OFG has this already posted. Sorry. That is what happens when you try to post at work in between doing other things!! Sorry again.

"RE: Is this a slip up by missaye re: Brenda v. Benry?"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-21-10 at 10:22 PM
No worries, and I did the same thing last night. Posted a spoiler Squid had already gotten. I think it's hard to always see what's in the topic and what's not.

Anyhow, I'm glad you've joined in and it does get to be work copying so much over, so help is appreciated. Plus it's good to get another point of view -- and I agree with what you're saying about options, scrambling, etc..

"RE: Is this a slip up by missaye re: Brenda v. Benry?"
Posted by Brownroach on 10-22-10 at 11:47 AM
Hey kiki, thanks. missyae posted here briefly two seasons ago and I joked in one thread-header that the information was coming from Russell Hantz's viewpoint (and to be honest it did seem that way to a large degree, either directly or indirectly), but missyae got upset and left.

I guess he's still reading here though, since he didn't like what I wrote up above. I don't really get how one can have an opinion about what they should be showing of these people and how they should be edited if one wasn't actually there. So maybe he was there. Whatever.

"Ep 6 Debrief from Missyae & looking ahead to next week"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-21-10 at 01:59 AM
Posted 10/21 by Missyae:

"The bottom line on the Marty non-boot is this. It might not make sense to you, but it is what it is. They felt that even with the idol, they would get Marty and Jill out, one by one. The idol was gonna be used and you get one, then you get the other. They wanted Kelly B out because they felt if she made the merge she could possibly hook back up with Alina and whomever they had made contacts with. They did not show how much Kelly B annoyed them around camp, sorry, and they did not show how much Kelly B followed Brenda around that entire day with questions all day about who was going home. She had become an annoyance to the other LaFlor players and they also felt if she stuck around with her and Jane having a N.C. connection, they could eventually hook up also. So, it might not make sense to us because we have the advantage of knowing what happened down the road, but to them, it made sense at the time, that night. Question for everyone who has the show recorded. Go back and listen very carefully to the comments Brenda made about Kelly B and her leg. Is it just me, or does that sound edited in and maybe she didn't say that about Kelly B? Could just be me. Something else that was edited down, the ring challenge where they threw the rings over their shoulders into the bags, was actually FIVE rings total for each player. It was not the 3 players at the end like they made you believe tonight. That was for drama. The reward part was 3 rings. Anyone figured out yet that Kelly S and Sash were tight? Thats all for now, I do have the scoop for next week, including challenges and what the heck was Fabio doing in the water, besides taking a leak. Well he was playing GOALIE. Nice little challenge. Last tidbit, they haven't shown it yet but Fabio and Marty spent time together fishing. WARNING IN FUTURE EPISODES - THERE IS A FIRE COMING!!!!"

"post ep-6 comments"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-21-10 at 06:49 AM
(on Kelly Purple edit)
missyae:
"Because she quit. In fact I KNOW thats why. It was planned LONG ago this would be her edit. She was not a huge game player but she was in Naonka and Brenda's girl alliance. We haven't really seen that yet have we? Wonder why? I hear shes a very sweet young lady. But what do I know."

"The bottom line on the Marty non-boot is this. It might not make sense to you, but it is what it is. They felt that even with the idol, they would get Marty and Jill out, one by one. The idol was gonna be used and you get one, then you get the other.

They wanted Kelly B out because they felt if she made the merge she could possibly hook back up with Alina and whomever they had made contacts with. They did not show how much Kelly B annoyed them around camp, sorry, and they did not show how much Kelly B followed Brenda around that entire day with questions all day about who was going home. She had become an annoyance to the other LaFlor players and they also felt if she stuck around with her and Jane having a N.C. connection, they could eventually hook up also. So, it might not make sense to us because we have the advantage of knowing what happened down the road, but to them, it made sense at the time, that night.

Question for everyone who has the show recorded. Go back and listen very carefully to the comments Brenda made about Kelly B and her leg. Is it just me, or does that sound edited in and maybe she didn't say that about Kelly B? Could just be me.

Something else that was edited down, the ring challenge where they threw the rings over their shoulders into the bags, was actually FIVE rings total for each player. It was not the 3 players at the end like they made you believe tonight. That was for drama. The reward part was 3 rings.

Anyone figured out yet that Kelly S and Sash were tight?

Thats all for now, I do have the scoop for next week, including challenges and what the heck was Fabio doing in the water, besides taking a leak. Well he was playing GOALIE. Nice little challenge.

Last tidbit, they haven't shown it yet but Fabio and Marty spent time together fishing.

WARNING IN FUTURE EPISODES - THERE IS A FIRE COMING!!!!"

"Fire in the merge episode"
Posted by Brownroach on 10-21-10 at 01:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-10 AT 01:25 PM (EST)

Posted 10/21 I separated it into 2 paragraphs for easier reading.

The merge happens at Espada's camp. Before it's over the camp catches on fire while they are at a challenge. LaFlor took over their Sears crates with them. They were keeping the crates around the fire at night. This particular day before leaving for a challenge some players put some extra wood on the fire and left the crates too close to the fire, instead of removing them during the daytime like they normally did.

It was a reward challenge. Whomever did not win reward had a nice cleanup job when they returned to camp. POOF Tarp was burned, some clothes, shoes. Jane was one of the ones who placed extra wood. She has lots to do with fire this season. She started a fire, she uses her own fire to cook fish for herself and not share, then she helps burn down the camp, and eventually when she leaves she gets so mad she puts out the campfire because "I started this fire and I can put it out." Tosses a bucket of water on it to put the fire out that had set an all time Survivor record for burning the most straight days without going out. Thats Jane.

So there will be a reward challenge in the merge episode? With more than one winner? That's hardly normal procedure.

Or he must mean before the game is over the camp burns down. I thought it meant before the merge episode is over.

"RE: Fire in the merge episode"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-21-10 at 04:40 PM
Must be later, because they had been merged long enough to have a "normal" procedure for moving the crates away from the fire. Jane is going to be in every episode, so ...

still, I would guess it happens at F11 or F10.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-21-10 at 05:01 PM
Yes, sounds like after the merge to me.

Jane is certainly starting to sound like quite a pisser! Not sure I see her as Fan Fave before it's over. To lose a tarp, clothes, etc. is huge -- wonder if Jane will take the blame?

The other thing I've been thinking about is that Holly is clearly aligned with Nay and Chase...while Jane's main new ally appears to be Brenda. So if Brenda is eventually blindsided, I would think that Holly appears to be in the better position for the long-haul (vs. Jane).

Posted by Brownroach on 10-21-10 at 06:17 PM
Brenda was pretty high on Jane last night, but wasn't there something from missyae about Jane giving all the girls flowers except for Brenda? (I scrolled up through the thread but I didn't see it.) So I gather Jane either has a falling out with Brenda later or already doesn't care for her and just puts on an act when necessary.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-21-10 at 07:43 PM
Yes, I recall that Missyae clue about the flowers too. I'm thinking the falling out must happen post-merge when Holly and Jane are together again and team up with Chase, etc.

But in this week's Insider Clips, Brenda is really high on Jane (putting her above Fabio) and vice-versa. In fact, Jane says that Brenda reminds her of a young version of herself.

I am sensing this darker side of Jane coming out. I'm disappointed because I loved her at the start, but now I'm thinking I'm not going to like her by the end.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-21-10 at 07:58 PM
Supposedly Jane cozies up to Chase by feeding him big fish plus they have a NC bond. We see the start of fish hoarding this preview. Jane will hate Marty and I guess when he's gone she goes after Brenda. I already don't like her.

Posted by emydi on 10-22-10 at 09:45 AM
well what really happens and what is shown are 2 different things. I see Jane's edit as a good one and she wont get "blamed" for anything-she's getting the Rupert edit to a degree. I don't like her (didn't like Rupert either) I am liking Holly more though

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-22-10 at 05:57 PM
I just read on TDT that Missyae says there is a separate RC and IC this week, and that the reward is a horseback ride and breakfast. Just wanted to post this info for now -- don't have time to dig up Missyae's actual post.

P.S. The celebration shot of Ben and Alina is evidently not from the Pool Challenge....not sure whether the pool challenge is RC or IC.

"Missyae posts from 10/21 and 10/22"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-22-10 at 09:50 PM
Here's the latest batch of Missyae posts on a variety of topics. I'm pretty sure I picked up where BR left off (with the post about Jane and the fire). But for whoever does the next batch, I left off on p. 217, so start there next time.

I boldfaced those items that seemed to be most important from a spoiling standpoint.

10/21:
(Regarding Reunion Show)
Maybe Jeff will ask Holly why she never offered to buy Dan a replacement pair of shoes at the reunion. I know that is a huge question for some people involved with the show.
---

I wasn't out there, I can only tell you things I have heard. Just from my personal point of view, I think Sash and Brenda were very confident they could keep Marty in and still take him and Jill out back to back if they wanted to. Now with what happens, all of this is just nice water cooler talk anyway because they end up keeping Marty in The Game and even taking his idol from him to keep that in The Game AFTER he leaves. So it works out. If he left last night, his idol leaves with him. If he stays and they get the idol from him and he still leaves, Jackpot, they hit all 7's. I understand everyone's point of views, it just depends on what your strategy would be if you were out there. Personally, I would have taken him out but I understand their thinking because you can't argue with the results.
----

the rev wrote: missyae, has anyone from CBS ever asked you to stop doing what you do? Do they know where you get your info? I'm fascinated with the details you get.

Missyae's reply: No and No
-----

Again, Sash is a major player. He read Russell's 'How to get to the finals and lose' book and followed it perfectly. I wonder if Dan and Marty have gotten their hands on him yet?
--------

The problem for the editors with Brenda's edit is, one of the quitters was part of her backstab. Do you just jump off the 'crucify Nay' edit to make Brenda's boot a good thing? Or if you wanna continue to 'crucify Nay' you could make Brenda's boot a 'fallen hero' edit. They can easily go either way. If they go to make her boot a good thing, they have to turn around and make you hate Nay for quitting because Kelly S remains loyal to Brenda. So, it will be fun for the editors. But we all know they can take any player and make them a hero or heel. They could have even made Fabio a heel up to now if they wanted to.

My favorite player this season was Wendy. Ahhhhhhhhhh, she coulda been a contender!!
---------

Dan does not like Sash. Final TC should be pretty good, lol. Let's see that million dollar smile on Sash's face drop to about a buck, fifty.
----------

SeveC wrote: I seriously cannot wait for that seahag Jill to the get the boot.
Missyae replied: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Dr. Jill is cool!!!"
------------

10/22

(Re why Kelly S quits
She had talked of quitting from the first couple of days out there. She was just done at that point and wanted to quit. With everything that had happened in the few days before and looking ahead at what would be left in front of her, she just opted to quit. She was the only one who did not turn on Brenda when she left. Now thats the long answer. Short answer, she was just physically done.

------------

(Re this week's vidcap of Brenda and Kelly S celebrating at a challenge
Kelly S makes a goal in the water soccer challenge. Yeah Kelly!
------------

In the promos they are giving away there are multiple challenges I think. If you look close. Yep, reward and immunity this week folks. How about some horseback riding and breakfast this week?
------------

One other point about the whole Marty, Kelly B, Brenda thing. She was also trying to show she was protecting Jane at that point. They wanted Jane in their alliance, or at least she did. Now, next week, challenges, boot.
-----------

Jane was popular with all LaFlor when they swapped. When it's over, not so much. If they show everything she has to get a villain edit but I think they will go totally in the other direction. But, I know what she did out there and so will you.
------------

This is through 8 p.m. on 10/22 - p. 217

"RE: Missyae posts from 10/21 and 10/22"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-22-10 at 09:54 PM
So to me the interesting new nuggets were:

- Kelly S. is the only one who remains loyal to Brenda
- More confirmation that Sash doesn't win
- More strong hints that Sash does something to make Dan really mad (we already knew about Marty and Sash) -- what could it be? This leads me to believe that Dan goes before Holly/Jane.
- Despite what a lot of us are saying about Brenda's arrogant edit, Missyae still thinks she'll get a "fallen hero" edit
- Despite Missyae's inside dirt on Jane, he still seems to feel that Jane will get a positive edit

Posted by kiki_k on 10-23-10 at 00:25 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-10 AT 00:38 AM (EST)

Despite what a lot of us are saying about Brenda's
arrogant edit, Missyae still thinks she'll get a "fallen hero"
edit.

I read that as missaye hoping that Brenda will get a "fallen hero" edit because of his personal liking of her, not a "clue" that she will. His rationale that the editors have to make Brenda's boot a "fallen hero" or they will suddenly "redeem" NaOnka after her majorly vile edit doesn't wash. When members of the "evil alliance" turn on each other it doesn't suddenly make the bootee a hero. That same scenario has happened before on Survivor (and I'm not going to try to attempt to name when/how because I've already proven in this thread that my old memory has started failing me ). But, I do know that kind of thing has happened before and all the members of the "evil alliance" all stayed "bad," including the bootee. Pre-game Jeff Probst called Brenda a "black widow" for goodness sake. That right there tells me that she ain't getting a "fallen hero" edit no matter what how much missaye wants it.

eta: another thing I just thought of: Missaye has stated that everyone on Brenda's alliance turned against her, which means that Chase has too. Maybe the focus of Brenda's boot will be Chase and not too much on NaOnka(via the edit) and it will serve to "redeem" Chase, who has basically been portrayed as a good, but clueless, guy who is thinking with his little head & not his big head. Booting Brenda will show him tossing aside the temptress, black widow, etc. kind of like when Colby booted Jerry in the Outback. In that case, Brenda is still the black widow & NaOnka is still vile. I'm pretty sure, based on all the glowing stuff Jeff Probst said about Chase pre-game that MB would be down with that kind of edit.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-23-10 at 08:24 AM
so well said .. good point to bring up about Jeff's opening comment too!

I said something similar the day after show -- about evil alliances going down in response to the editor's dilemma proposition. I made it at Sucks, will just copy it over. First two posts are before the "fallen hero" post:
________
Thursday

After last night, I really think Brenda should say goodbye to any hope for Fan Fave. She has the villain edit. Sash will probably inherit it. The Chill Alliance + Jane are the bad guys this season, per the editing, and anyone who gets past them will get a nice underdog edit I think. Editors included lots of shots of Brenda with not nice expressions and words, and didn't show any Brenda charm to balance it out. With Parvati, they always showed her charm as part of the package. Also it is never good to be called a black widow, cobra, black mamba if you're hoping for America's Sweetheart.

I know she is missyae's favorite, but fan favorite she will not be. I expect her downfall to be welcomed, like when Laura went out, or John in Marquesas, Le Ann in Vanuatu, Jerri in the Outback.
That's what the editing went for in a big way last night. I know it is just the character she plays on TV, but that's what fans base their votes on.

On the plus side for Brenda, when SEG goes looking for a villainess to bring back, Brenda will have a very good shot."

(missyae responds about editors' dilemma)

I see what you're saying missyae, but I don't think editing is in such a bind. There have been a few alliances that were in power and went down like dominoes, and instead of making heroes and villains of them they paint them all villains.

Rotu 4, Ami's girls, Casaya, to some extent Raro in the Cooks, the Onion alliance (even tho Marcus and Charlie were likable), Timbira, Galu ...
Galu stabbed Erik and he still ended up looking like a douche for holding onto it. John turned on Laura and then karma bit him in the butt next time but without the edit in any way redeeming Laura.

They just edit the arrogant alliance going down one by one as a great thing for the underdogs, and if they stab themselves out of the game or quit -- mo bettah for the underdogs.

Brenda blindsided the girl with one leg who was trying to be loyal to Brenda and was not yet any threat, instead of taking out the would-be rival puppet-master with an HII. That's both villain and edited to look like strategic error and lack of empathy for KB. Brenda is the Scorpio black widow, so I think she would do better to embrace her inner BW than to try to become the heroine -- lost cause.

Brenda's weakness on camera -- despite being cute, hot, smart, she fails to show empathy or humility--like Laura. As a strategist, she was shown to have a decent Plan A but was weak on Plan B. When she called Marty out, that came off as unattractive in tone even if people enjoyed seeing Marty put on the spot. Marty came out of it looking good, wrongfully accused.

This is the reaction I see from people. But hey, she is still a big character who will stand out in the season as long as she can own being ruthless and admit to being too cocky.

(response to comment her calling out Marty was to worry him and make him play idol)
Yes, I think most fans recognized the strategic purpose, but it was the manner that was off-putting. No more image of her as nice or diplomatic. How would Tina have done it? Or Cirie? Or Natalie? Let Marty be the one to make an outburst.

Even simpler, instead of telling a lie about Marty, who has been playing straight up and his denial is plausible, start talking about why Marty is a threat - don't need a lie to do that and make him worried.

I think she should have kept a calm demeanor and not done the "come on Marty" bit which took off the mask and gloves in a way no one will forget.

(someone asked what I get from all this -- Anti deleted that post I guess)

I get that Brenda's too much like Laura -- she is too confident in her own group and draws sharp lines in the sand showing who she doesn't include in her group. She thinks she can do that because of numbers, but a comeuppance wicked this way comes.

"Word!"
Posted by kiki_k on 10-23-10 at 04:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-10 AT 04:05 PM (EST)

I see what you're saying missyae, but I don't think editing is in such a bind. There have been a few alliances that were in power and went down like dominoes, and instead of making heroes and villains of them they paint them all villains.
Rotu 4, Ami's girls, Casaya, to some extent Raro in the Cooks, the Onion alliance (even tho Marcus and Charlie were likable), Timbira, Galu ...Galu stabbed Erik and he still ended up looking like a douche for holding onto it. John turned on Laura and then karma bit him in the butt next time but without the edit in any way redeeming Laura.
They just edit the arrogant alliance going down one by one as a great thing for the underdogs, and if they stab themselves out of the game or quit -- mo bettah for the underdogs.

Your analysis is spot on, as always, with the added bonus of being able to cite the previous "evil allancies" that I couldn't do. Of course, I wouldn't expect less from you.

And this is beyond perfect:

Yes, I think most fans recognized the strategic purpose, but it was the manner that was off-putting. No more image of her as nice or diplomatic. How would Tina have done it? Or Cirie? Or Natalie? Let Marty be the one to make an outburst.

Are people trying to argue that Brenda's behavior at TC was a good strategic move because she was trying to ensure Marty played the idol? I got what she was trying to do, but the manner she did it was not only so wrong, it was so unnecessarily wrong that it harkened me back to Shannon's idoicy the first La Flor TC when Fabio was begging him "don't do this! We have to live with these people!" I mean, it wasn't as bad as Shannon, but it wasn't doing her any favors. As you point out, there was a ton of other ways to make Marty feel insecure to get him to play the idol without making up a stupid lie that no one was buying and without making herself sound like a harpy.

And I absolutely LOVE, LOVE this:

I get that Brenda's too much like Laura -- she is too confident in her own group and draws sharp lines in the sand showing who she doesn't include in her group. She thinks she can do that because of numbers, but a comeuppance wicked this way comes.

Laura is the perfect comparision for Brenda. I fully expect your prediction for her to come true (not only because I am spoiled as to her fate) but because this is what happens to people who only play a numbers game. Survivor is a numbers game, of course, but it is also a social game, and if you don't have both, you are not a great player. Heck, even Hatch (who came across like a jerk a lot of the time)didn't alienate people who weren't in his alliance like Laura did & Brenda is doing. IMO, you have to have a good mix of both (numbers & social) if you are to be considered a great player. From a purely "fan" POV, I can't wait for her "comeuppance wicked." (I'm stealing that, btw!)

eta: @Squid I reread Veruca's editing posts last night and I'm more sure than ever that Fabio is winning this thing. From a fan POV, I'd be disappointed if he doesn't.

"RE: Word!"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-24-10 at 03:41 AM
kiki, gosh, you're too kind, but thanks! Posting at Sucks, most of it just falls into the stream without anyone having a dialogue ...

>>> Are people trying to argue that Brenda's behavior at TC was a good strategic move because she was trying to ensure Marty played the idol?

YES, some are saying that what some are calling smug arrogance was part of what she needed to do to get the job done. Clearly we both disagree.

>>> so unnecessarily wrong that it harkened me back to Shannon's idoicy the first La Flor TC when Fabio was begging him "don't do this! We have to live with these people!" I mean, it wasn't as bad as Shannon, but it wasn't doing her any favors.

ooh, excellent point.

>>> As you point out, there was a ton of other ways to make Marty feel insecure to get him to play the idol without making up a stupid lie that no one was buying and without making herself sound like a harpy.

Harpy! Love it ...

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-23-10 at 11:51 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-10 AT 12:42 PM (EST)

Yes, agreed Kiki. And I didn't realize Jeff called Brenda the "black widow" before the season started -- that's an excellent nugget! (This makes me want to revisit all Jeff's preseason comments.)

I also like your idea that Chase will get a redemption edit, turning away from evil. That would be a good arc for him.
Personally, I thought Chase was going to be my favorite this season based on his bio, but he's been a bit of a disappointment so far. Would really like to see him redeem himself. Personally I'm still rooting for Jud, but at least it would make the F3 more interesting.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-24-10 at 03:51 AM
Squid,
here's JP's black widow comment. I never transcribed it in full, just noted the black widow allusion and linked the video.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6756518n&tag=related;photovideo

"Brenda is another one to watch out for. She's very young, attractive, fit, but on top of everything else she is -- sort of a black widow."

Well now we know where Jeff got that comment, or do we? Does he see the voting comments on future episodes before the premiere? Maybe the phrase got passed around more than we've yet seen.

"10/23 post re this week's episode"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-23-10 at 03:05 PM
Here's more new info from Missyae regarding what happens this week:

Posted 10/23
(Re compiling all Missyae's posts) Like OFG said, others have done the same thing. Anti mentioned it once and I even told him, I wouldn't waste my time doing all of that but if someone wants to, fine. I sure have no desires to do it, lol. You should see my notes if you wanna see some chicken scratch!!

This week watch for Fabio and Chase playing 'goalie'. Jump off the ledge and try to throw the ball past the goalie. That challenge is the Reward Challenge for horseback riding and breakfast. Espada wins!! Immunity challenge deals with rolling a ball down a plank but it's not as easily done as said, Alina has the eyes. Don't look for much help from Sash on this one for La Flor and they do fall and head back to Tribal Council. Of course the big happening in this eppy should be Marty handing over his idol to prove it's everyone's idol. Sash takes control of The Game.

(P. 218)

"Does Dan outlast Jane?"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-25-10 at 04:12 PM
Missyae makes comments about Dan that may point to hjim outlasting Jane:

takeme2urleader wrote:
missyae, Im wondering about dan lembo and who his closest allies/relationships are? does holly/dan's relationship mend after the whole shoe incident??? As Yve is now gone, and they are the only two original at Espada...
And do people only keep him around because they trust him/he isnt really a threat/they think they can easily get rid of him??

10/24 Missyae Replied:
”I think Dan was just always a vote to have on your side. How could he be a threat? He has already told them all how rich he is and they all know he talked of quitting. No way he could win at the end against you, so why not keep him around?”

Polonium wrote:

10/24 Missyae Replied:
”Brenda has another 'not so pretty' moment coming that could hurt her chances. Dan, probably not.”

takeme2urleader wrote:

10/24 Missyae Replied:
Jane wanted 2 things.

1. Outlast Marty - they did that for her
2. Win fan favorite - they got rid of her for that

Krautboy

"RE: Does Dan outlast Jane?"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-25-10 at 05:09 PM
So was Jane dumb enough to let it be known she was gunning for Fan Fave?

Re Dan: We keep getting info from Missyae that he's really mad at Sash. If Dan gets carried to F4 over Holly and Jane, seems hard to imagine how he could be so angry, unless he actually believed that Sash would bring him to the Finals.

"RE: Does Dan outlast Jane?"
Posted by kiki_k on 10-25-10 at 07:31 PM
And if he is so delusional that he actually thinks anyone would have voted for his useless a$$ and busted knee!

"More confirmation"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-26-10 at 08:01 PM
10/26 Missyae wrote:
Just in case someone has been under a rock, in a cave, visiting relatives on another planet, The Good Doctor Jill will making a housecall to Ponderosa this week on Survivor Nicaragua.

(ItsChevy wrote:
Missy I have a question for you. if you answer great...but if you don't, then that is O.K. also... Not sure if this has been said or confirmed or not, But,... Brenda is ourr FIRST JUROR right? and DAN IS the one that the JURY is rooting for to stay in the Game? I was just doing some thinking out loud. Thanks (*_*)

10/26 Missyae Replied:
"Brenda is NOT the first jury member. Dan? Immunity run? Don't think so."

Krautboy

"Fire, Brenda Boot and Family Visit"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-29-10 at 01:29 AM
Re Fire Incident:

erickman wrote: they did not show fire in the previews, how long after the merge is the fire?
Missyae replied 10/28: I think in 3 weeks.

ElisabethHasselback42 wrote: Doesn't Jane play a big part in the fire? Or am I making stuff up or mixing stuff up?

Missyae replied 10/28:
They would place the 2 Sears crates around the fire at night. In the morning before leaving for Reward Challenge, Jane put too much wood on the fire and did not remove the crates. So the fire burned out of control and the crates caught fire too. This happened while they were away at Reward Challenge. Some players returned, others went on the reward. Jane was on the reward and didn't even have to help clean up the fire damage. Among other things, the tarp even burned. Keep in mind what I just said about players and the Reward Challenge. TEAMS

---

Re next week's Merge IC winner

Looks like we can rule out Brenda and Marty:

CrystalOwnage wrote: I'm gonna guess that Brenda wins immunity
Missyae replied 10/28: Nope

erickman wrote: how bout marty winning ic that ould save him a vote
Missyae replied 10/28: Nope

CrystalOwnage wrote: Benry wins the first Immunity and Brenda wins the second one? @_@ idk
Missyae replied 10/28: Half right

--------

Re Brenda Boot, Family Visit and other Misc.

Posted 10/18:
Naonka spearheads Brenda's boot. I have no problems holding off on the boot pick for the week. In 2 weeks the Immunity challege will take brains and memory. This week is a little tougher. When the families arrive, there will be the 'most touching reunion ever.' See if the host even sheds a tear.

Koan wrote: Missyae, correct me if I'm wrong, but if NaOnka spearheads Brenda's boot, why did she need to be convinced by others that she couldn't win in a F3 situation with Brenda? Wouldn't the players persuading NaOnka be the ones spearheading Brenda's boot?

Missyae replied 10/28:
Naonka was aligned with Brenda and Kelly Shinn. They talked strategy together. Naonka knew Brenda's strategy about getting them to the end. Naonka starts to think she cannot beat Brenda in the end. So she engineers the boot by telling the others of Brenda's plan to get rid of them, including Chase and Sash.

TexasDurango7 wrote: Does the incident coming up that puts Brenda in a bad light have anything to do with NaOnka and that's why NaOnka turns on her or are the two unrelated?
Missyae replied 10/28: No

----
Through page 229, 10/18

"RE: Fire, Brenda Boot and Family Visit"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-29-10 at 01:47 AM
So if I'm calculating Missyae's "in 3 weeks" clue correctly, the Fire happens in the Brenda boot episode, which is F10. If the Reward is done in teams, that would mean it would be 5 and 5. I can only imagine how angry the 5 who lose reward must be when they come back to camp and have to clean up the damage. And they lose the tarp, wow! Will be interesting to see whether they edit it as Jane's fault or not.

Regarding the "most touching reunion ever" at Family Visit:
Must be Chase and his mom or family member, right?

Re Crystalownage's guess that's "half right:"
I'm thinking the correct part is Brenda wins IC in 2 weeks (F11).

Pretty sure Missyae had posted that Brenda has at least 1 IC win coming up, and we know it can't be at F10 when she's voted out...plus Missyae's already told us it's not this coming week (F12), so by process of elimination that would only leave F11 for Brenda to win IC. (It would also incidentally rule out Benry winning IC this coming week.)

"RE: Fire, Brenda Boot and Family Visit"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-30-10 at 05:52 AM
This spec all seems right to me, according to the clues.

There is not a lot of room for Benry to win immunity at all. His only shot would be at F10, IMHO, and although there's no buzz that he manages to win, it would explain why he goes out next. But Fabio could win as well. Once you reveal that you're an immunity ho, you pretty much have to keep winning, if you can. No more playing UTR.

"Double IC winners"
Posted by kiki_k on 10-30-10 at 01:33 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-10 AT 01:38 AM (EST)

Previews have made clear next episode there are 2 ICs -- one male; one female. Missyae said this about who wins:

CrystalOwnage wrote:
Missy already said it wasn't Benry.

DID JUD WIN IMMUNITY, MISSY?

missyae's response:

Yes, his first of many! Jane wins too.

So our two winners are Jud & Jane.

eta: also seems to confirm that it is Jud who goes on IC run (like many of us speculated).

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-30-10 at 10:13 AM
Thanks for bringing that over, Kiki! Here are a couple more nuggets posted 10/29 by Missyae:

Yes, 2 winners, 1 male and 1 female. CBS is giving it to you so easily. The female who wins even sticks around longer just to show off to a male player.

They keep showing all this stuff with the food and supplies vanishing for a reason. Big theme for this eppy, who, why, confess or not confess. More than one person is involved.

Also, someone by the name of YESsheIS posted the following today. Not sure if s/he is a credible spoiler, but this does seem to fit the spec we already had going that Brenda wins immunity at F11:

"Missymae is correct about this week, Fabio is the male IC winner and Jane is the female immunity challenge winner. Brenda and Benry will each win ONE immunity challenge each before they are both voted off - no more than one each."

Posted by kiki_k on 10-30-10 at 02:25 PM

>"Missymae is correct about this week,
>Fabio is the male IC
>winner and Jane is the
>female immunity challenge winner.
>Brenda and Benry will each
>win ONE immunity challenge each
>before they are both voted
>off - no more than
>one each."

I agree -- if YesSheIs is right, then Brenda has to have her IC win at F11 (Jane wins this week, and next week will be only time Brenda could possibly win before being booted at F10). Also, it makes me think Benry is the F10 IC winner -- it would give the others a "reason" to focus on him after the quiters quit.

"Episode 8 boot confirmed "
Posted by kiki_k on 10-31-10 at 03:08 AM
From Sucks:

Henry20071304 wrote:

Not yet confirmed.. but a lot of people think Alina is the boot!

missyae:

Consider it confirmed

"RE: Episode 8 boot confirmed "
Posted by erickman1 on 10-31-10 at 02:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-10 AT 02:33 PM (EST)

missy today just gave the whole boot order the quits the hidden idols prety much the whole game go to page 234.

"RE: Episode 8 boot confirmed "
Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-31-10 at 03:13 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Erickman!

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-31-10 at 02:30 PM
Wow, Missyae spills the beans on the rest of the season today -- Happy Trick or Treat! Don't read if you don't want to know. (I've broken it into paragraphs so it's easier to read)

I told you they had a plan to get out Kellly B and Alina even if they had to endure a 'swap'. The La Flor side with Sash stuck to the plan and got rid of Kelly B, it was nothing to do with how,they edited that episode. Ask yourself this question, why did we not see that Tribal Council's voting on the Insider????????????????? Because it would have shot down the whole BS about was Marty leaving or not. He WAS NOT leaving that night, no way.

So they merge, all hook back up and Naonka tellls them why they veered off from the plan and now back on plan, Alina goes. It is that simple. They have controlled this game the entire season with Sash and Brenda being the brains behind it.

Next they go after Marty because its his turn and they promised Jane she would outlast Marty. Then Naonka wakes up to the fact Brenda is gonna win this game by taking her and Kelly S to the finals and she tells Chase and Sash so they take out Brenda at a TC where Probst basically just slams Brenda into submission. Only hours later they get Brenda and go back to TC and Nay and Kelly S both quit.

So now you have Sash and Chase in an alliance with Holly and Jane who control the game. So who would be next after that? The strongest person right? After that we have the fire finally being put out by Jane and her bucket of water. Then we finally see the old man Dan leave at the hands of Sash.

Takes us to the final four with Holly, Jud, Sash, and Chase. Jud wins immunity again and Sash and Chase DO play their idols and Holly leaves. The guys were well aware they would be the first final 3, there it is again a season of firsts, and they did it, final 3 all men.

Final TC Fabio breaks down about growing up out there and talks very sincere about his mom who had just visited him on the family visits, and that my friends is season 21. The big emotional moment at the family visit comes between Dan and his son, Probst even starts crying.

Why did I break my normal style of week to week, well keep watching and you will find out. Other people have details and will be posting them. Great cast, great people, great season, even if they did move the show to Church night after 20 successful seasons on Thursday night.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-31-10 at 02:50 PM
Interesting that Dan is the one with the emotional family visit, and Fabio (not Chase) breaks down at the Final TC. I thought if Chase was the one who broke down about his dad dying, he might give Fabs a run for his money with the jury, but now it seems like a slam dunk for Fabio.

I felt all along that it was suspicious that CBS didn't post the La Flor's voting comments, so that definitely makes sense.

What do you guys make of the the tidbit about Jeff "beating Brenda into submission" at her boot TC?

Ponderosa should be very interesting this season -- especially with Brenda and Marty and then Nay walking in as a quitter! Hope there are fireworks.

Posted by kiki_k on 10-31-10 at 03:47 PM
I read missyae's defense of Brenda (which you posted below) and thanks for bringing all this over here.

As for the tidbit about Probst slamming Brenda -- I think he is right to call her out for not trying to save herself (if that is how it goes down). Despite some people's unreasonable *love* of Brenda she isn't a good player -- she is a "lucky" player -- like she said in Episode 2 (?) -- she justs sits around & people come to her to offer her alliances. When her alliance is in place & her tribe is winning ICs, she is sitting pretty, but when something goes wrong she has absolutely no Plan B because she has either burned bridges with other players not in her alliance (like Benry, Dan, Jud for example) and/or she was so complaisant she didn't even bother to think of a Plan B. If, in fact, there "was nothing she could do" when her original alliance turned on her & more than half the people left in the game were not in her original alliance, then that is a reflection of her bad game play. Laying down & getting voted off isn't what happens to a "mastermind" or a person with a good social game. She's lucky she got to Final 10, IMO. Heck, as much as I loath Marty -- he is trying to put something -- anything-- together. Sure, we know it isn't successful, but you have to give him props for trying. If Brenda doesn't do that, I've got no sympathy for her.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 10-31-10 at 03:00 PM
Here's the answer to why Jeff slams Brenda before she gets booted:

Heliox wrote: Why would probst '.. slam Brenda into submission.'? I don't understand JP's take on things sometimes. Or is it just that Brenda wasn't as adept at handling JP as say Sandra or Parvati have been at handling JP's questions?

Missyae replies 10/31:
He thought she should have scrambled to save herself more. Plus Holly speaks out and says, "I would have been scrambling if it were me" So Jeff pounds on her even though there was nothing she could have done. They all turned except Kelly S and they had 2 idols. Chase and Sash will get called out but thats about it. She didnt even have much time to scramble because it happened late. So all within 24 hours, reward challenge in which Jane shares in the reward, camp burns down, alliance is broken up, Brenda voted out, Nay lets it be known at RC she is quitting, TC is called, Nay gives idol to Chase, Nay and Kelly S quit.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-05-10 at 10:21 PM
Today's tidbit from Missyae:

Well since they are giving it away to you, yes Brenda wins immunity and the reward turns out to be men vs women by coincidence. Glad to see CBS SPOILING their own show with pictures of the immunity necklace around Brenda's neck. I doubt if they show you any pictures of the immunity challenge, if Memory serves Me right on these types of challenges they dont usually show vidcaps. But who knows, they seem awfully willing to SPOIL their own show with commercials now. Another great episode coming next WEDNESDAY night on CBS. Looks like that move to WEDNESDAY is not really hurting. Church night with Survivor next Wednesday night on CBS!!!
-- Posted 11/5

--------------

So this confirms the obstacle course is for Reward. Sounds like they draw straws or something random, and it just happens by coincidence that it's men vs. women.

So what could the IC be? Missyae says it's something where they don't normally show vidcaps...so it must be a type of challenge they've done before. Could it be a quiz of some sort?

Posted by kiki_k on 11-06-10 at 07:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-06-10 AT 07:54 PM (EST)

>Well since they are giving it
>away to you, yes Brenda
>wins immunity and the reward
>turns out to be men
>vs women by coincidence. Glad
>to see CBS SPOILING their
>own show with pictures of
>the immunity necklace around Brenda's
>neck. I doubt if they
>show you any pictures of
>the immunity challenge, if Memory
>serves Me right on these
>types of challenges they dont
>usually show vidcaps. But who
>knows, they seem awfully willing
>to SPOIL their own show
>with commercials now. Another great
>episode coming next WEDNESDAY night
>on CBS. Looks like that
>move to WEDNESDAY is not
>really hurting. Church night with
>Survivor next Wednesday night on
>CBS!!!

>-- Posted 11/5
>
>--------------
>So what could the IC be?
>Missyae says it's something where
>they don't normally show vidcaps...so
>it must be a type
>of challenge they've done before.
>Could it be a quiz
>of some sort?

Well, as I've already proven, my memory is failing me re: past seasons, so while I can't remember what types of challenges were shown in previews, 2 things come to mind for the IC challenge. Remember the ones where Jeff asks some multiple choice questions and everyone who gets the answer right gets to knock out one of the other players and once you get three knocks against you, you are out? That seems like a type of challenge Brenda could win and it would go with NaOnka & the others realizing what a "threat" she is.
Another possibility (especially if missyae's capitalization of "Memory" is supposed to be a clue) is one of those memory game challenges where there are a bunch of different items under baskets & you have to lift the lids & match them.
As I wrote above -- I don't remember whether any of these types of challenges were ever featured in previews on previous seasons, but I do know these types of challenges have been on previous seasons. And again, given that we haven't really seen Brenda performing that great physically (as in the previews for the RC challenge -- she can't even break down the wall), I think these 2 challenges are the type she could do well in.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-06-10 at 08:32 PM
>>> Another possibility (especially if missyae's capitalization of "Memory" is supposed to be a clue) is one of those memory game challenges where there are a bunch of different items under baskets & you have to lift the lids & match them.

kiki, I had been thinking this too. I think Memory must be a clue, and that would fit. In the past there were other memory challenges where objects were at certain stations that they run out to. There has been the Concentration game. There's been the cultural story where they go out to stations and answer a question. (Hasn't been done for awhile).

I read somewhere, probably a JP blog entry from HvV, that they retired the coconut chop pecking order type challenge because players had come to expect it and were planning strategy for it ahead of time. Of course they may unretire it.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-07-10 at 04:13 PM
Yes, good catch on the Memory clue. That seems like the type of challenge where Brenda would do well...and after the physical obstacle course/RC it would make sense to switch things up.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-07-10 at 05:07 PM
More from Missyae today (11/7):

No idea how Moe, Larry, and Curly will edit the quitters and Ben boots. They have left out so much good stuff this season that would have helped the already good ratings, that I would hate to even guess how they will edit anything. The headband people have been talking about was made from one of Ben's shirts. Chase will not share in the reward this week which is often listed as 'American as'. ROCKS - 3 COLORS - 2 TEAMS - Be interesting to see if they show the difference in strategy from the 2 power players this week. They had different ideas on who should have been booted this week. One leaned towards Jane, one leaned towards Marty.

------

Poster asked: Reward is apple pie?
Missyae reply: B I N G O

------

In response to a question about Yve and Tyrone not getting along at LL:

They play board games at Ponderosa. Tyronne made some uncalled for remarks aimed at Yve while playing one of those board games. Then stood over her as if to dare her to speak back to him, intimidating her. Everyone just 'let it go' for the time being. Maybe on the finale his actions will be called out.

------

Sash won the power struggle. Brenda preferred Jane leaving next.

Posted by kiki_k on 11-07-10 at 06:15 PM
Brenda preferred Jane leaving next? Guess it is no wonder that Jane turns on Brenda later, huh?

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-07-10 at 06:32 PM
I was thinking that too -- this explains a lot in terms of Brenda's demise.

I would think that CBS would want Brenda's boot to be a big surprise to the average viewer, though, so it'll be interesting to see how they edit this week's episode and whether it becomes obvious that Brenda is in trouble. There were several hints in the last episode, like when Chase complimented Jane as an NC girl at TC and then they cut to a shot of a worried Brenda...and also at TC when Marty was going on and on about Jane being a huge threat.

Posted by kiki_k on 11-07-10 at 09:37 PM
I noticed the shots to Brenda during TC too re: Chase & Marty talking about Jane. I guess Brenda wakes up to the fact (too late) that Chase & Jane together is not good for her. It is funny she hadn't thought of that before, though, because wasn't one of the reasons she didn't want Kelly B. & Jane together was the "NC connection," or did I make that up?

Posted by Georjanna on 11-09-10 at 01:31 AM
Missyae:

Rocks - 3 colors - 2 teams - 1 sits out and bets - Wonder if mom baked it?

Chase will not share in the reward this week which is often listed as 'American as'. ROCKS - 3 COLORS - 2 TEAMS

Poster asked: Reward is apple pie?

B I N G O

So ...

Apple pie, alone, would have been a welcome but rather paltry reward. I think, then, that we'll also see videos/letters from home and/or other comfort foods and items.

Too, Chase evidently lost his bet. And, although it's possible that he put his (figurative) money on the ladies, I'm more inclined to think that he bet on the guys.

G

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-09-10 at 10:33 AM
I agree, G. Apple alone sounds lame (although I guess if you're super-hungry it sounds wonderful), so I like your idea of something from home or other comfort foods.

RE Chase: I had some spec in the Clues thread about his RC choice possibly being the referenced "tough decision." He's definitely the kind who would agonize over it. I agree about him being more inclined to choose the men (I'm sure he'd get a lot of grief from the guys if he chose the women...and game-wise Marty, Ben, Fabs and Sash are more dangerous alone). But the only thing niggling me about that is Missyae's new clue that Chase lost his bet. It sure seems from the vidcaps that the men win the challenge(although there could be a puzzle or something at the end that they blow). If the men do indeed win, it means Chase picked the women, which would be very interesting.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-08-10 at 05:48 PM
In response to a poster asking: Do you think it was possible that Brenda could have stayed if she was more resilient and didn't let her 'pride' interfere?

Missyae replied: No chance at all. It happened too late and involved too many. The timing was really bad. Naonka realized she and Kelly S were Brenda's ticket to the million dollars. So she turned Sash and Chase against her by telling them Brenda's plan to get rid of them. So you have Chase and Sash pulling in Holly and Jane, plus Naonka, no chance at all. You have seen Naonka, you think she could have been swayed after she made her mind up to go after Brenda? Ben, Fabio and Dan were just going along with the majority, so they were not gonna rock the boat. In my opinion there was nothing she could have done. Jeff will try to make you think there was and try to bring out some drama in it, but it was over before they even arrived at TC.

In response to a Q about Purple Kelly: Kelly S did not turn on Brenda, she did not vote for Brenda. Kelly S talked of quitting the entire time she was out there, so she finally did. Don't you think she knew who would be next after she didn't vote for Brenda?

Re Nay quitting: Her bones were hurting, she thought she had some sort of disease. Again the quitting occured just hours after Brenda's boot. Looking at the calendar guys when would this occur, Thanksgiving week or the week before? Will they run a show Thanksgiving? TDT might be a good person to ask about this??? I was wondering about exit interviews, will someone's interviews fall on Thanksgiving day, therefore getting pushed to Friday? 11/8 - p. 250

----------

So in terms of timing, assuming CBS plans to run an episode Thanksgiving Week (which they typically do), it would be:
Nov. 10 = Marty boot
Nov. 17 = Brenda boot
Nov. 24 (Thanksgiving week) = Nay/Kelly quit after Nay goes on reward
Or the other alternative is to do a Recap episode Thanksgiving week, and hold the Nay/Kelly quit for Dec. 1.

Does anyone know when the Finale is? That might help us to back into the timing. OFG brought this up before but I don't recall if we figured it out or not.

I'm thinking the Ponderosa clips might be better than the real show some weeks! Which reminds me, I listened to the Survivor Fans Podcast with Alina and the CBS PR person wouldn't allow her to answer a general question about what Ponderosa was like.

Posted by kiki_k on 11-08-10 at 06:39 PM
According to Survivor wiki the finale is December 19, 2010.

Posted by emydi on 11-09-10 at 11:08 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-10 AT 11:08 AM (EST)

That's a late finale. Close to Christmas. I guess that means TAR finale is Dec 12 and just one hour

Sun Nov 14-6 teams to 5 (or non philimination)
Sun Nov 21-5 teams to 4 (or non philimination)
Sun Nov 28-4 teams to 4 (could be non philimination)
Sun Dec 5- 4 teams to 3
Sun Dec 12-3 teams in finale 1 hour

see post 79 above, brought down for convenience

Nov 10- Marty 10 left Days 22-24(July 5-7)
Nov 17-Brenda 9 left Days 25-27(July 8-10)

I think there could be recrap instead on Nov. 24 or they could give Dan his own boot show on Dec 15

Nov 24-day b/4 thxgiving Nay Kelly S 7 left Day 28 (July 11)
OR RECRAP

Dec 1-Benry 6 left Days 29-30 (July 12-13) or Nay/Kelly S quit
Dec 8-family visit Jane 5 left Days 31-33 (July 14-16) or Benry
Dec 15-Dan 4 left and it covers days 34-36 (July 17-19) or Jane
Dec 19 finale and it covers days 37-39 (July 20-22) or Final 5 and it covers days 34-39 (July 17-22)

"Aw, Recrap"
Posted by emydi on 11-17-10 at 11:34 AM
Ok here it is or what I think it is anyway:

Nov 24-recrap
Dec 1-Nay Kelly S both quit 7 left Day 28 (July 11)
Dec 8-Benry 6 left Days 29-30 (July 12-13)
Dec 15-family visit Jane 5 left Days 31-33 (July 14-16)
Dec 19-Finale 34-39 (July 17-22) Final 5

"RE: Aw, Recrap"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-20-10 at 02:29 AM
Agree, emy.
It's all going to be a little thin of content. They had planned one episode to have 2 immunities and 2 tribals, covering 3 days, like the last two seasons. Instead they have an episode with 1 RC, maybe a reward, and 1 TC. I think it needs to be a long TC.

I hope they had a great RC worked up.

then for Benry, I wonder if they'll have an auction? They did lose all their food except the rice and not much is left.

They rely on family visit for content in the F6.

Finale should be standard for F3 seasons. I'm really kind of surprised they didn't just make it a F2 when they had the quits. That would have made for more of a battle and one more of everything to fill in the remaining time.

"RE: Aw, Recrap"
Posted by emydi on 12-10-10 at 11:06 AM
well I was wrong on these dates..

TDT states that the F6 TC is on Day 36

http://truedorktimes.com/survivor_nicaragua/spoilers/e13/ic.htm

see calendar also

http://truedorktimes.com/survivor_nicaragua/calendar.htm

With F5 TC Dan on day 37 and F4 TC on Day 38 Holly So I guess they don't actually get to use the immunity idol

I ask this every season about 3 times but when is the last day you can use the HII? Isn't it day 36? Do Sash and Chase play it just to be safe when Jane leaves?

Somewhere in this thread I remember reading that Jane was upset that Chase did not save her with his HII. It appears to me that nobody knows that Chase has it but he may have told his ladies about it.

Also what about the spoiler that Holly hates HIIs because that lead to her ouster at F4?

Something is not right here.

Posted by kiki_k on 11-09-10 at 07:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-10 AT 07:25 PM (EST)

Andso wrote:
Do the men win the Reward? It looks like Dan is a half of mile behind the other guys, in the pics.

missyae:
Yes

Confirmation that the spec on the VidCap thread that the men win RC is correct.
Also seems to tell us that Chase "rooted for/bet on" the girls. WTF? He is an idiot & I really hope he doesn't win. (Not that I think he does -- Jud all the way, baby!).

Posted by Brownroach on 11-09-10 at 07:34 PM
I don't think it's surprising that Chase would decide to back the women. To me it seems totally in character.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-09-10 at 08:34 PM

yep, Chase backed Brenda against Shannon -- going against Jud and Benry early in the game.

His current allies are Na Onka, Brenda (but interesting nothing shown on that connection since the merge), Kelly Purple, Jane, and Holly, plus Sash is in his original alliance. Basically, Chase is allied with the ladies and the gay guy.

Looks like he made his bet based on loyalties rather than analysis of who was more likely to win the apple pie. Oh my.

Posted by kiki_k on 11-09-10 at 11:40 PM
Looks like he made his bet based on loyalties rather than analysis of who was more likely to win the apple pie. Oh my.

THIS. That is what I meant by Chase being an idiot. If the rocks divided the teams more evenly (men & women in each instead of into men v. women), then Chase *could* have bet on Brenda's team without giving away who his main alliance is. But the rocks did divide them into men v. women & the challenge is obviously very physical. If he had bet on the men everyone would have said "well, duh, obviously the men had the advantage so of course he bet on them." It is Survivor, they are starving, the choice on who to bet on is obvious, regardless of alliances. But by betting on the women in these circumstances he is sending a big red flag to Sash that Brenda is more important to Chase than Sash is, and that can only spell trouble. In this case, I think it is just one more reason for Sash to turn on Brenda.

Basically, Chase is allied with ladies and the gay guy.

What, the "biggest bachelor in New York" is gay? Personally, I don't care if someone wants to be in the closet for whatever reason he may have, but to all the gay men out there who are trying to stay in the closet, please note: NO straight guy refers to himself as a "bachelor."

"Who Wins RC Next Week"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-11-10 at 03:51 AM
Hey guys, I'm sure you all figured this out already too, but we can tell who wins reward this week based on who comes back to camp to see the aftermath of the fire in the "next week" preview. I didn't get a chance to rewatch tonight's episode, but I'm pretty sure it was Holly, Ben, Sash (must be 2 more -- tired so don't recall but maybe Dan) who do not win reward. Just mentioning it here since you won't be able to talk about it in the Vidcaps thread this week.

"RE: Who Wins RC Next Week"
Posted by kiki_k on 11-11-10 at 04:29 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-10 AT 04:31 AM (EST)

Holly, Ben, Sash (must be 2 more -- tired so don't recall but maybe Dan)

It is Dan & also Brenda, from the reaction shots in the VidCaps thread.

eta: Obviously, this means NaOnka, Jane, Chase, Kelly Purple & Fabio win reward.

"RE: Who Wins RC Next Week"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-11-10 at 07:52 PM
I have to say that it feels totally bizarre to me to see the speculation in the Vidcaps topic being done in part by at least three people who are reading this topic and know perfectly well it was a fire. It doesn't seem pointless?

So here we are back in the mile long topic if we want to discuss the vidcaps in terms of the facts as we know them> How did we go from agreeing it would be OK to omit future episode spoilers to agreeing to elide current week knowledge?

I'm completely fed up with this board right now, and I'm certainly not going to post on that topic and feel my blood pressure go up as we speculate about non-existent flood and rainfall threats. Can we at least have a spoiled Vidcap topic so that it's not so clunky? I fought against dual topics, but the totally source free vidcap zpne is already demonstrating why it's not useful to me.

Re the RC--
When I saw the episode last night, I wrote down who is there and who's on reward.
Reward: Chase, Kelly purple, Jane, Na Onka, Fabio

Camp: Brenda, Benry, Holly, Dan, Sash.

If it were not for Fabio's presence on reward, I would think that Chase won and got to pick his crew, but he would have picked Holly, not Jud.

Note: Sash will turn on Brenda, Kelly Purple will not. Whatever is talked of on the reward, Brenda will learn from her ally Kelly.

"Is this the appropriate thread"
Posted by kiki_k on 11-11-10 at 05:16 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-10 AT 05:29 AM (EST)

to talk about Brenda's diss of NaOnka at TC tonight? She said "who would you rather take to the final 3 -- a troublemaker like NaOnka or someone who catches fish like Jane?" I think this is a turning point for both NaOnka & Jane to vote Brenda out next week.

This was yet another example of Brenda's poor gameplay, imo. First, she outright told NaOnka that she is her goat and I honestly don't think NaOnka realized that until tonight. Yes, NaOnka seemed to be ok with it saying that "if someone wants to take me to the finals because I embarrass myself, so be it" but I think that was a bunch of BS -- NaOnka thinks very, very well of herself and she is not going to like the fact that Brenda is keeping her around to be her goat.
Second, she outright told Jane she isn't getting close to the finals, if Brenda has anything to say about it. Brenda simply could have said (especially since Marty was going home that night) "What Marty said might be true, or it could be that Marty doesn't like Jane and is trying to deflect attention from himself" OR, even better, she could have given a political non-answer such as "You never know how the jury is going to vote" and left it at that. Either of those answers would have not shown her hand re: NaOnka & Jane & thus, I believe, not given either one of them a reason to go after her instead.

eta: I also think the "Jud wins" edit started in earnest tonight with the scene with Benry where Jud says "I hate playing dumb so much" and his confessional that playing dumb/cool is the best strategy right now. And he is 100% right with these over-emotional players who vote out people because they don't like them and who make sure to get rid of anyone who commits the sin of trying to strategize instead of going like a lamb to the slaughter. {rolls eyes}

"RE: Is this the appropriate thread"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-11-10 at 08:22 PM
Terrific post, kiki, Agree 100% with you.

I would add that the editors made her look cocky last night and showed that she chose the wrong side. She shouldn't have let Chase's faction remain strong like that.

A good topic for this would be to bump my spoiled editing topic, We can talk about anything we want there, from poor strategic moves to editing.

"RE: Is this the appropriate thread"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-11-10 at 11:46 PM
Kiki, I agree too. BR and I had both posted about Brenda's stupid comments at TC last night. I also just read Stephen Fishbach's blog on People and here's what he had to say about Brenda:

"That sort of curt dismissal of your allies is a bigger Survivor sin than stealing all the tortillas in Nicaragua. Chase has lost confidence in Brenda, and NaOnka and Holly are wavering too.

"The problem for the Brenda-Sash Alliance now is that they no longer have the majority. Holly, Jane, NaOnka and Chase are a tight foursome. Brenda is only on the periphery. And the Bro Alliance probably won't be too thrilled that Sash turned on them."

"about the fire and challenges F10"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-14-10 at 04:57 PM
I was not sure from reading the vidcaps topic whether the tarp spec was fun or whether you forgot about the info.

The tarp burns.
It was Jane's fault; she was the one who over built the fire.
The crates were being kept near the fire at night and supposed to be moved away from the fire every morning, but it was forgotten. missyae says they blamed Jane for both parts but Benry may have felt responsible for the crates, dunno.

Chase and Sash are probably the two unlikely castaways who take out Brenda after Nay clues them in.

NOT spoilers
The way you know the pool challenge is IC -- you don't need the colors. The RC is a team challenge so that means they wear blue and yellow headbands, and none are visible at the pool, so it is IC.

It is unlikely they have La Flor at their disposal, because once they merged SEG would no longer be paying to lease that beach and may have lifted the closure. Remember they are filming in the hottest surfing town on the planet and the beaches they are filming on were popular ones.

That said, it's possible that SEG wanted to keep the entire area on lockdown and that the other beach is available.

SPOILER
However, if they had changed camps, we would have heard about it. It is possible that only the tarp/roof burned on the shelter.

"RE: about the fire and challenges F10"
Posted by Round Robin on 11-15-10 at 02:09 AM
I doubt LaFlor beach was available. Remember they are taping S22 in Nicaragua also, and with that being the case, I doubt they'd reopen LaFlor only to have to reclose it later when S22 starts. Also, for security reasons, they probably have beaches/jungle closed for miles around all the Survivor sites so nobody can even get close while Survivor is there, and in view of the heavy amount of spoilage of the last several seasons, I doubt like hell they relaxed that till S22 was over and CBS/SEG were long gone.

"Benry immunity spoiler not from missyae"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-14-10 at 08:37 PM
On Sucks they are discussing how the spoiler saying Jane and Benry each won an immunity was not missyae but some random poster who got deleted.

"RE: Benry immunity spoiler not from missyae"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-15-10 at 03:33 AM
Yeah, I thought I brought that over earlier today but I can't find my post, so not sure what happened. I really want to go back up and dig up everything Missyae's posted about this week's episode since a) I've forgotten some of it and b) maybe there was some misinterpretation on the Ben IC. But unfortunately work is getting in the way of Survivor, ha . I kinda recall the clue (something about being "half right" and everyone assumed the Ben part was the right half)...although I kind of like it if we don't know for sure who wins IC this week.

Also, Missyae today that Chase put something about volcano surfing on Purple Kelly's Facebook....which seems to confirm that they're on reward together. It kinda hinted too that Kelly wipes out. (Might have been more Missyae tidbits during football but didn't have time to check.)

"RE: Benry immunity spoiler not from missyae"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-15-10 at 03:45 AM
P.S. OFG, re your Q about the tarp -- I couldn't recall if it was burned or not. That's why I want to go back and revisit exactly what was/wasn't said about the fire, Brenda boot and Ben IC thing.

"Chase Facebook post"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-15-10 at 04:17 AM
Here it is (From Missyae):

september 11 Chase posted this comment on Purple Kelly's Facebook page.

yea purps watch out for the volcanoes! especially the ones i hear you can surf around that area haha

Is Chase a spoiler?

"This week's info"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-15-10 at 04:12 AM
Hope this is helpful. Tried to compile everything (at least the major items) in 1 place for this week's episode, since this thread is getting long and my memory is not .

Re fire:
"....the camp catches on fire while they are at a challenge. LaFlor took over their Sears crates with them. They were keeping the crates around the fire at night. This particular day before leaving for a challenge some players put some extra wood on the fire and left the crates too close to the fire, instead of removing them during the daytime like they normally did.

It was a reward challenge. Whomever did not win reward had a nice cleanup job when they returned to camp. POOF Tarp was burned, some clothes, shoes. Jane was one of the ones who placed extra wood. She has lots to do with fire this season. She started a fire, she uses her own fire to cook fish for herself and not share, then she helps burn down the camp..."

"They would place the 2 Sears crates around the fire at night. In the morning before leaving for Reward Challenge, Jane put too much wood on the fire and did not remove the crates. So the fire burned out of control and the crates caught fire too. This happened while they were away at Reward Challenge. Some players returned, others went on the reward. Jane was on the reward and didn't even have to help clean up the fire damage. Among other things, the tarp even burned. Keep in mind what I just said about players and the Reward Challenge. TEAMS"

________

Re Benry and possible IC:

CrystalOwnage wrote: Benry wins the first Immunity and Brenda wins the second one? @_@ idk
Missyae replied 10/28: Half right

Squid comments (at the time) about this:
I'm thinking the correct part is Brenda wins IC in 2 weeks (F11).
Pretty sure Missyae had posted that Brenda has at least 1 IC win coming up, and we know it can't be at F10 when she's voted out...plus Missyae's already told us it's not this coming week (F12), so by process of elimination that would only leave F11 for Brenda to win IC. (It would also incidentally rule out Benry winning IC this coming week.)

----------

Re Brenda boot and who's involved:
Naonka was aligned with Brenda and Kelly Shinn. They talked strategy together. Naonka knew Brenda's strategy about getting them to the end. Naonka starts to think she cannot beat Brenda in the end. So she engineers the boot by telling the others of Brenda's plan to get rid of them, including Chase and Sash.

Then Naonka wakes up to the fact Brenda is gonna win this game by taking her and Kelly S to the finals and she tells Chase and Sash so they take out Brenda at a TC where Probst basically just slams Brenda into submission.

He (Jeff) thought she should have scrambled to save herself more. Plus Holly speaks out and says, "I would have been scrambling if it were me" So Jeff pounds on her even though there was nothing she could have done. They all turned except Kelly S and they had 2 idols. Chase and Sash will get called out but thats about it. She didnt even have much time to scramble because it happened late. So all within 24 hours, reward challenge in which Jane shares in the reward, camp burns down, alliance is broken up, Brenda voted out, Nay lets it be known at RC she is quitting, TC is called, Nay gives idol to Chase, Nay and Kelly S quit.

In response to a poster asking: Do you think it was possible that Brenda could have stayed if she was more resilient and didn't let her 'pride' interfere?

Missyae replied: No chance at all. It happened too late and involved too many. The timing was really bad. Naonka realized she and Kelly S were Brenda's ticket to the million dollars. So she turned Sash and Chase against her by telling them Brenda's plan to get rid of them. So you have Chase and Sash pulling in Holly and Jane, plus Naonka, no chance at all. You have seen Naonka, you think she could have been swayed after she made her mind up to go after Brenda? Ben, Fabio and Dan were just going along with the majority, so they were not gonna rock the boat. In my opinion there was nothing she could have done. Jeff will try to make you think there was and try to bring out some drama in it, but it was over before they even arrived at TC.

---------

P.S. I'm in a rush (and also didn't go back to KB's Part 1, but I can't seem to find anything where Missyae says Ben wins IC this week. So maybe that is misinformation??? Anyone else recall?
Kiki, I bet you're on top of this, so let us know.

"RE: This week's info"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-15-10 at 06:55 AM
missyae did NOT say Benry wins IC this week. I'm sorry, I thought I said that in my last post, but I guess I didn't word it clearly.

Some unknown poster stuck that in the topic as if it was true, and the moderator deleted it.

There's no missyae spoiler on this week's immunity at the moment. I've been following the Sucks topic closely. We know that Jud goes on an immunity run at some point, and that's all we have at the moment.

Posted by kiki_k on 11-15-10 at 07:22 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-10 AT 07:23 AM (EST)

OFG beat me too it, but she is correct. Missyae has never confirmed that Benry wins IC at F10. There was confusion about it though -- I thought it was "for sure" that Benry wins F10, but now with the controversy I have gone over all of the posts, and I think the confusion came when people were speculating who wins the first IC after merge (before we knew there would be 2 IC winners after merge):

CrystalOwnage
Benry wins the first Immunity and Brenda wins the second one? @_@ idk
Missyae:
Half right

We now know that Brenda won the second IC after the merge (the memory game) which squares with missyae's clue that CrystalOwnage was "half right." A few posts later, after missyae confirmed that Jud & Jane win the first IC after merge, some random poster, NOT missyae, (and whose post has been deleted at Sucks) wrote this:

Missymae is correct about this week, Fabio is the male IC winner and Jane is the female immunity challenge winner. Brenda and Benry will each win ONE immunity challenge each before they are both voted off - no more than one each.

So, I think because of Benry's name being "out there" with the "half right" clue from missyae plus this other random post, NOT by missyae, people, myself included, started to assume that Benry won F10 IC.

None of this means that Benry doesn't win IC at F10 -- only that missyae hasn't confirmed that. I'm just putting together where the misunderstanding/miscommunication came from. I guess since I spent the time trying to figure it out, that I should share it will y'all too!

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-15-10 at 11:24 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-10 AT 11:34 AM (EST)

OFG and Kiki, thanks so much for staying on top of this!

Lesson learned for me is that I need to revisit Missyae's exact words each week (vs. what's being passed along). Now that this thread is getting so long, it's sometimes easy to forget what's fact vs. what came from other posters who may/may not be reliable.

I'm glad the IC isn't spoiled...at least it makes it more fun for vidcaps, etc.!

"Jane wins RC and IC in EP10"
Posted by Krautboy on 11-16-10 at 05:11 PM
Missyae confirms speculation that Jane wins...

"...Come on Jane, start that fire
Come on Jane, start that fire
Try to set the camp on fire

Double winner this week!"

Well done Flower Power!

Krautboy

"RE: Jane wins RC and IC in EP10"
Posted by kiki_k on 11-16-10 at 05:44 PM
LOL -- I must have been posting the reply below here at the same time you were posting yours because they are 2 minutes apart & I swear yours was not here when I hit reply to the main post!

"This week's IC win"
Posted by kiki_k on 11-16-10 at 05:13 PM
Missyae seems to confirm that Jane does win the IC this week:

the rev wrote:

missyae wrote:

the rev wrote:
Have you any hints to share about this week's IC winner yet? I apologize if you already have done so, and I've missed it.

Missyae:

I read in this thread where it was already spoiled.

Ok. I noticed TDT hasn't listed an IC winner yet, and I tend not to have much faith in any spoilers except those I read in *your* posts.

Missyae:

People used to trust C.hill O.ne, I am sure there is another C.O. around now you can trust.

CrystalOwnage (CO) wrote several times in the thread that Jane wins IC this week, not Benry.

Late, missyae posts a spoof of "Light My Fire" ending:

Double winner this week!

and:

piperyoung wrote:
I am a lurker, but had to come out for this post. Singe most awesome post ever.

So Jane wins both RC and IIC.

But so awesome the lyrics. Makes me love you all the more.

Missyae:
Yes -
Thank you and thank you to Mark.

So, as we knew, Jane is on the team for the RC win &, as many figured out from the vidcaps, Jane wins IC.

"RE: This week's IC win"
Posted by Brownroach on 11-16-10 at 05:48 PM
Then I wonder if she does get some flack about the fire afterward.

Between that and the votes thrown at her last week, she should be worried enough to pull out the stops for immunity, and not just to show off this time.

"RE: This week's IC win"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-17-10 at 04:44 AM
About the theory of Jeff offering food, I don't expect it, because of this:

Announcer: A do or die for immunity.

Jeff Probst: Don't you dare give up on this challenge.

Would he say that if he were offering treats to step down?

About the volcano surfing, Chase posted to Kelly Shinn's Facebook, back in mid-September, to watch out for Volcanoes you can surf. That's when those who were watching such things came up with Cerro Negro as a future reward ...

"Intriguing info re: Sash"
Posted by kiki_k on 11-20-10 at 01:48 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-10 AT 01:58 AM (EST)

Missyae has said that Sash does something really bad and it will never be shown because when it happened at TC Jeff stopped the cameras from rolling. He also states that Sash doesn't get any votes.

Missyae:
I don't think they will show it because the stopped the cameras from rolling.

You know something happened for 2 reasons.

1. He played too good of a game to not get a vote.
2. I told you there was a controversy

and later:

MS Warrior wrote:
missyae,

When does this thing happen? At camp or at TC.

Missyae:
TC, Jeff stops TC and shuts off the cameras and calls for the producer.

That's it gang.

Maybe since they read all my postings they will figure out how to show it. Tough when you stop the cameras though.

I just don't see them showing it, I really dont.

It was made out to be, "who do you believe"

When they voted, we saw who they believed.

And this "thing" that missyae will not tell us now, but might tell us after the season is over, is not the fact that he tried to get Kelly S. to work the jury for him:

Missyae:

If anyone tells you he tried to get Kelly S to work the jury for him, that is true too, but that is not it.

I gotta say, I love missyae's line that maybe if CBS is reading his postings they will figure out a way to show it {rolls eyes}

But I do admit it all sounds pretty interesting, wonder what it is?

eta: in the Sash thread, missyae posted this confirming that Sash gets no votes re: Sash's being friends on FB with most of the cast:

Seems to be pretty useless at camp, useless in challenges, and when he gets Zero votes to win, I guess it shows they didn't like him too much, HUH?

"RE: Intriguing info re: Sash"
Posted by Round Robin on 11-21-10 at 01:13 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-10 AT 01:20 AM (EST)

Did this event involving Sash at TC happen before or after the double quit?

Also, was the reason for stopping TC and stopping the cameras that Sash did or said something so bad that they were considering kicking him out of the game for it?

Posted by kiki_k on 11-21-10 at 01:27 AM
Missyae implies (doesn't state) that this "thing" happens after the double quit -- I think people have deducted it happens at or around F6.
As for your other question -- missyae has said bupkis.

Posted by Round Robin on 11-21-10 at 02:21 AM
I did read discussion in another thread of whether or not they were considering DQ'ing Sash for his mystery misdeed, so even though missyae didn't spell it out (yet?), that idea is definitely out there. I can see why they would be reluctant to DQ somebody that late, especially after a double quit knocking their schedule into a cocked hat only days earlier. But it had to really tee Probst off that somebody would create another issue so soon after the last one, and I would imagine that the contracts and the rules will be adjusted to provide for and deal with the possibility of further such problems in future seasons.

"The clues keep getting weirder"
Posted by kiki_k on 11-21-10 at 02:49 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-10 AT 03:11 AM (EST)

Coldnights posted this very strange question:

Missyae, can you answer a vague question? The whole Sash thing, coverup, don't want to talk about, so evil shall not be named, Voldermort was because:
1) Hitler invaded Poland
2) Nero was an immoral a$$hole
3) Amelia Earhart wasn't a good pilot
4) Napoleon was short
5) Spandex sucks
6) Les Mis is overblown
7) The Roadrunner actually died the first time the Coyote tried to kill him.

Anyway you could provide a vague answer based upon this vague question? I mean what is the possibly closest answer to the reality of this annoying juicy tidbit that you have exposed us to? All you have to do is pick the possible closest number based upon your interpretation of history. Pick a number, please!

Missyae responded:

When I 'first' started releasing stuff about this season I mentioned a number of 'firsts'. The final 3 were very aware they would be the 'first' all male final 3. This deal with Sash could have been another 'first' had they not ignored it, or sided with the other person involved. I doubt it is the 'first' time they have bent the rules though as so many of you have already mentioned. I guess they enforce the ones they want to and ignore the ones they want to.

Coldnights, change your #2 to end with the word 'a$$clown' instead and I will go with that one. I prefer the word 'a$$clown' though. Welcome to SUCKS, you and the other many newbies who keep popping up.

So, he picks Nero is an immoral a$$hat and he is emphasizing "first" so, wtf?!?! Curiouser and curiouser. Please one of you genius spoilers explain this for me.

ETA: and this was a later exchange:

Coldnights wrote:
Missyae, the way you describe it, sounds like Survivor may have potentially seriously damaged its own franchise. And if so, they should sell it, to someone that still loves the game.

Missyae:
I think they are risking damage by not showing it and trying to tuck it under the rug. But they can't really show it unless they edit it to look like it was just BS and he was innocent. They can make it appear that way at first but when the jury votes on the final 3 people are gonna wonder, HUH, why didn't he get any votes, he played a great game? Their problem is, they cannot show the truth because people will not like how it was handled. So they really have a problem on their hands now. Maybe they thought it would not get out. Maybe they thought their talk with everyone around that night would work. I don't know. I just know it's true. Oh it's damn true. (Thanks Kurt)

"More on Sash"
Posted by kiki_k on 11-21-10 at 10:05 PM
It is looking more & more like the Sash controversy is that he, at least, made an offer to pay a juror for his/her vote (and not necessarily that the juror accepted the offer):

Missyae posted re: Sash

The other person involved ratted on him.

and later:

AbsurdSchism wrote:
^ I don't see Dan as the Rat type. Whoever the rat is would essentially be ratting on himself.
Only Holly is crazy enough to do something illegal and then admit it unprovoked. E.g. the Dan incident, which was ILLEGAL according to the rules of the game. No one had any idea it was Holly and she rats out herself. Espada was crazy for voting out Jimmy Johnson instead of that vindictive nut job.
My guess is Holly. Maybe Sash offered her and money hungry Jane a piece of the prize for their votes, which he knew he wouldn't get without a bribe. He might have thought he had the votes of Brenda/NaOnka/Marty and securing Holly/Jane would insure him the W.Not a bad plan really. Glad he shoved the producer tampering back in their face, screw them for wanting to keep NaOnka.

Missyae:

They would only be ratting on Sash if they never did anything wrong. They would just be telling what Sash wanted to do if they didnt

Posted by kiki_k on 11-29-10 at 03:45 PM
Missyae gave it up! Sash offered to pay Jane's mortgage in exchange for her vote:

It's really absurd to try and intimidate and sue a spoiler when you spoil most the crapfest yourself. If you had better editors you would have done a much better job this season with you even moving to a crappy Wednesday night. If you had balls you would show how Sash offers to pay Jane's mortgage if she will vote for him and help him with the jury. But instead you won't show it, you will sweep it under the rug. Why else did Jeff holler, "cut the cameras and get the producer in here NOW" So you talk it over, resume filming and what happens???? Well the jury obviously believed Jane especially when Sash had already 'brainwashed' Kelly S into voting for him. Too bad once she got to Ponderosa, she woke up. Hi ADUMB! Hi MB!!! I know, I know, you are so pissed off at me, I get that. F U

Posted by Round Robin on 11-30-10 at 03:45 AM
So who is CBS/SEG suing? Is it missyae himself or his source, and is that why he goes off on them so hard in this post? It doesn't explicitly say so here, but it sure implies the hell out of it. I doubt missyae would have gone off like this unless he or his source or somebody he is close to were the one being sued and/or threatened.

Posted by kiki_k on 11-30-10 at 04:04 AM
Missyae said in a post today that he "has the lawsuit to prove it" so I'm guessing he is being sued by MB. There could be more people too.

Posted by Round Robin on 12-01-10 at 01:25 AM
If missyae himself is getting sued, might he himself actually be the insider? I can understand Burn-it suing whatever insider is spilling the beans, because all insiders presumably sign contracts with the same prohibitions against releasing information as the castaways' contracts, but where does Burn-it get off suing a non-insider who didn't sign he contracts for releasing information? I hope missyae's lawyer shoves it up Burn-it's a$$ for this, because suing somebody who made no agreement not to spill the beans is flat out BULL$HIT and Burn-it deserves to pay severely for it. Countersue the SOB!

Posted by kiki_k on 12-01-10 at 01:50 AM
So agree with everything you said. Missyae said today he doesn't work for MB, hasn't signed any confidentiality agreements, etc. I can't see how he can have a case against missyae.

Posted by Round Robin on 12-01-10 at 02:05 AM
The only way SEG could possibly have any case against missyae is if they could prove he knew his source had signed a nondisclosure agreement and knowingly caused such source to violate it. That would seem to be a pretty difficult thing to prove unless the source ratted missyae out.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-01-10 at 05:00 AM
Am I the only one who saw this movie?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Insider_(film)

Posted by Estee on 12-01-10 at 09:56 AM
He should be okay as long as the testimony doesn't come out in the same format as the spoilers.

"Missyae reaction post-quit?"
Posted by Round Robin on 12-02-10 at 07:56 PM
What if anything has missyae had to say since the quits episode has been shown? Am wondering what his reaction was, and am also wondering if he might have disappeared or be planning to disappear now that Marko has apparently gone after him?

Posted by BrassFan on 11-30-10 at 11:39 AM
What I'm getting out of this is...

At TC, Jane says that Sash offered to pay off her mortgage in return for her vote and working the jury. Jeff stops the cameras. Sash denies it.

Since that's an end-all/be-all rule, and nothing happened, it's obvious they didn't get any of the offer on tape. At that point, it becomes a moot point. They can't Disqualify someone based on the accusation that they broke a rule.

I can understand, to a point, them not wanting to show this to the casual viewer. If they show it, and the end result is Sash gets zero votes because of it.....then what happens in future seasons when someone is about to get voted out. They accuse a player they think is turning on them so that they can ruin their endgame.

Posted by Brownroach on 11-30-10 at 02:06 PM
That would make some sense to me.

I suspect they were also explicity forbidden to bring it up during the final jury questioning.

Posted by Round Robin on 12-01-10 at 01:40 AM
Sounds like how a gutless yellow dog like Burn-it might try to sweep a potentially embarrassing situation under the rug. I can understand SEG not wanting to open a Pandora's Box by setting a precedent that might lead future players to create an unfair advantage for themselves and ruin a season by making a false accusation, but the way to prevent that isn't to sweep wrongdoing under the rug, it's to put a new rule in the book that says unproven accusations will be edited out, and accusations that are proven false will result in immediate disqualification from the game and ejection from the game area. So if they have any proof that Sash did it they should fess up, and only if no evidence exists should they edit it out.

Posted by BrassFan on 12-10-10 at 11:28 AM
>I can understand SEG not wanting
>to open a Pandora's Box
>by setting a precedent that
>might lead future players to
>create an unfair advantage for
>themselves and ruin a season
>by making a false accusation,
>but the way to prevent
>that isn't to sweep wrongdoing
>under the rug, it's to
>put a new rule in
>the book that says unproven
>accusations will be edited out,

That confuses me a bit....You say that the way to prevent it isn't to not show it, but rather to put a rule in the book that says it won't be shown?

>and accusations that are proven
>false will result in immediate
>disqualification from the game and
>ejection from the game area.

But, that's the age old legal question...How do you prove a negative? Jane accuses Sash of saying something...How can it possibly be proven that he didn't say it?

>So if they have any
>proof that Sash did it
>they should fess up, and
>only if no evidence exists
>should they edit it out.

I'm assuming that's exactly what happened. They don't have proof that he said it, so they can't DQ him, and they just edit it out of the show.

Posted by kiki_k on 11-25-10 at 01:38 AM
Missyae has confirmed that Jane rats out Sash at the TC where she goes home.

All this talk of rats reminds me of something else. Dan calls Sash a 'street rat'. Don't know if it will air, but he did. Also something you might not have known, remember the zipline reward? It took them over 3 hours to get the footage they wanted from that reward, needless to say, a few were sick after that. Marty ate so much he got sick and threw up. I guess I could start doing my Heidi Klum gig and tell you what the jury will be wearing but that's not really anything to know I guess. I posted who Sash's rat is, at SKILLS. The person who rats on Sash is Jane. This happens the night he she gets booted if I remember right. She had already put their fire out for the first time all season. They set a Survivor record for most straight days keeping a fire going. Jane took a bucket of water and put it out. She was also mad at her boy Chase for not using his idol to save his Tar Heel buddy. So Jane opened up a can of kick ##### that night at TC.

"S22 to be the last?"
Posted by Round Robin on 12-04-10 at 10:12 AM
Was reading some Sucks last night and this morning, and missyae had a post on there that there is a rumor out, which he heard from a casting agent, that S22 will be the last Survivor, and that JiffyProbe will be going to ABC. It is rumored that a lot of the crew are already looking for jobs on other shows. missyae says none of this is confirmed, it is just what he was told. The followup discussion after this post also suggested that, instead of ending the show, they might be doing a large staff purge in the wake of the spoiler mess.

"RE: S22 to be the last?"
Posted by kiki_k on 12-04-10 at 03:02 PM
Lets hope it is just a crew purge -- as much as I hate 90% of the players on there, it is more a "love to hate" relationship (except for Russell -- def. hate him). Really, what I love is having the spoilers on this board & I don't want to lose that!!

Posted by Round Robin on 12-06-10 at 11:55 AM
Latest spec on Sucks is that JiffyProbe is using the threat of moving to ABC as leverage to negotiate for more money and/or more creative control. My money's on control being a big part of any such negotiation, as some of the decisions in recent years regarding casting and rules and such have been bitter pills for Jiffy to swallow, and with some of those who took part in those decisions no longer with Survivor, this is the perfect time for Jiffy to demand more control.

Posted by vince3 on 12-13-10 at 12:34 PM
This much is certain: They're planning for more Survivor, Jiffy Pop or no: During the TAR Finale, there was an ad for a contest to win an audition in front of the Survivor producers in Los Angeles...

Posted by Round Robin on 12-14-10 at 06:24 AM
That's no guarantee there will be more Survivors. They have to keep the casting process going so they'll have contestants in case they do decide to keep making Survivors, but they could at any point decide they've had enough and let the show give up the ghost.

"Missyae Update via Twitter"
Posted by kiki_k on 12-10-10 at 11:56 PM
If anyone cares,

TheGameSurvivor (which is missyae's id on twitter) tweeted this today:

It is time for the Fabio Show to begin on Survivor Nicaragua!!!

And all I can say is: AMEN.

"Thank You!!"
Posted by shinygem on 12-18-10 at 03:41 PM
Hi everyone! This is my first post on here and I am sure I am posting it in the wrong place but I don't know where to post it. I want to thank all of you for posting the spoilers over the years. I have had this page on favorites for many seasons. You all have helped me out so much. I have been a lurker and have loved every spoiler on here. Even the good, the bad, and the ugly. I hate surprises so this has helped me out a lot. SO, thank you to all who have posted. Happy Holidays to all of you!!