URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 750
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Women's Murder Club"

Posted by samboohoo on 11-12-07 at 11:25 AM
I finally caught up on this this weekend, watching all five episodes. I'm still undecided. I liked it. I especially liked seeing Angie Harmon knock that suspect out of the chair. But I just don't know yet.

The questions and nagging about her love life are bothering me more than they are her character.

Woo Hoo! I love me some Arkie!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Women's Murder Club"
Posted by Snidget on 11-12-07 at 12:01 PM
I like having a predominately female cast for a proceedural show rather than a couple of woman for eye candy/potential love interests for a workplace romance purposes.

I dislike the feeling that since it is a mostly woman cast it must have a couple of "Lifetime TV for women" moments per show. I'd rather know more about who they are in their roles as a reason to care about them (cop, ME, etc.) than feeling like the producres assume I have to know about their love life challenges to know the characters.. I don't mind an occasional girl talk moment (I did like the oh the date was so wonderful sarcasm scene), but worry if it will overwhelm the rest of the story lines in the show.

Posted by samboohoo on 11-12-07 at 12:42 PM
Yes. I think my favorite has been Claire - the ME. Because it is not stuffed down our throat constantly.

Woo Hoo! I love me some Arkie!

Posted by Loree on 11-12-07 at 01:49 PM
I have been watching this show. I like it. Don't quite love it. But it is something to watch that is a little different.

Posted by Ricky on 11-19-07 at 06:19 PM
I agree. Like but not Love. Angie Harmon is great on the show, but it's missing a little something. Can't quite place my finger on it...

Flower - R.I.P

Posted by trigirl on 11-12-07 at 07:49 PM
I like it. Strong, professional women. Nice to see on TV.

bouncey by Ice

Just waiting for the ADA to go postal and tell us that she is indeed Marie Warner and Jack Bauer didn't stop her. <cue evil laughter>.

Posted by moondance on 11-13-07 at 10:06 AM

>The questions and nagging about her
>love life are bothering me
>more than they are her
>character.

Ditto! Just give us the stories already, stop rehashing the love life thing.

Posted by goincrazy on 11-19-07 at 12:48 PM
I definately agree with you guys... the love life stuff is getting annoying..

Posted by Ricky on 11-19-07 at 06:28 PM
I think the show actually needs MORE love life stuff. Rob Estes who plays Angie Harmon's ex on the show was a star on Melrose Place back in the day. Maybe we could get Heather Locklear as a guest star on the show and see some steamy Melrose type love scenes again.

I like WMC, but it does make me just a little bit sleepy

Posted by Snidget on 11-19-07 at 10:50 PM
I'm just tired of any show that might appeal to women having to be turned into a soap opera that is more about who is sleeping with whom like females can't pay attention to any other kind of plot line.

YMMV *shrug*