URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 749
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"New shows only.....what new shows....."

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-31-07 at 02:58 PM
will you not miss and which ones have you given up?

I won't miss Chuck, Journeyman or Moonlight.

I've not given any up per se, but it doesn't bother me to miss Pushing Daisies or Private Practice.

and you?

agman lvoes me

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: New shows only.....what new shows....."
Posted by Max Headroom on 11-01-07 at 08:11 AM
There's a reason why we don't have a runaway new hit this season...

- I watched the first five minutes of ep 1 of "Pushing Daisies" and that was enough.
- I watch "Chuck" every week.
- I watch "Reaper" every week, but I'm losing interest.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

Posted by KScott on 11-01-07 at 08:43 AM
The only new one I started watching was Cane and that ended after the 1st episode.

Snidget rocks! Friday Night Lights Rules!

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

Posted by bullzeye on 11-01-07 at 09:22 AM
Not many new shows hitting my radar.

- Reaper - though I wonder if the formula will tire after a while.
- Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares - though it pales in comparison to the BBC version.
- Heroes is new for me - didn't watch it last season but won't miss it this season.

Another Arkie Masterpiece! Is that woman talented or what?

Posted by SilverStar on 11-01-07 at 09:48 AM
I gave up on Chuck after 2 or 3 episodes. I wouldn't care if I missed Journeyman, Gossip Girl, Big Bang Theory or Private Practice. (I have never missed an episode of these yet, but I wouldn't cry if I did.)
Must sees are Reaper, Pushing Daisies and Dirty Sexy Money.

Posted by syren on 11-01-07 at 06:57 PM
Pushing Daisies and Dirty Sexy Money are on our must watch.

CSTL also really likes Chuck although I'll watch it, it is not one of my faves. Journeyman is growing on me.

Posted by Spanky68 on 11-01-07 at 12:04 PM
I have stopped watching Survivor and CSI, so that leaves me with time to watch Journeyman and Friday Night Lights. I know FNL isn't new, but I only started watching Season I about a month ago, and am now caught up. So it still has that "new car smell" to me.

Agman tricked out my siggie

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 11-01-07 at 01:46 PM
New shows for me that I am still watching are:

K-Ville
Moonlight

Not including new reality shows since this is the non-reality forum.

Ghoulishly attired thanks to surfkitten!

Posted by emydi on 11-01-07 at 04:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-07 AT 10:45 AM (EST)

I pretty much watch everything on DVR...that way if I happen not to be there I know it's taped and I hate commercials

But I do have a definite order to watching them, my list in preference is:

1. Journeyman
2. Big Bang Theory-I love Sheldon
3. Aliens in America-I love Raja
4. Reaper
5. Dirty Sexy Money
6. Pushing Daisies
7. Kitchen Nightmares
8. Back to You
9. Life

I could miss the last 3 if I had to but I like to keep up with them...DVR lets me

and lets not forget about Returning shows that I watch every week not in any particular order except 1 and 2.

1. FNL
2. Heroes
3. HIMYM
4. Prison Break--wow I love this season and I was going to stop watching this
5. Everybody Hates Chris
6. L&O SVU
7. L&O CI
8. L&O when it returns in Jan
9. Lost when it returns in Feb
10. Survivor
11. Amazing Race!!!
12. Shark
13. Scrubs
14. 30 Rock
15. Daily Show
16. South Park
17. SNL
18. AI when it returns in Jan

Then the cable/not fall line up series

1. Damages
2. The Closer
3. Entourage
4. Curb Your Enthusiasm
5. Rescue Me (although this may be dropped next year)
6. What Not to Wear-I love this show and want to be on it!!
7. Real Time with Bill Maher
8. Hell's Kitchen
9. SYTYCD

Cripes I watch too much tv

Courtesy of arkiegirl!!

Posted by KwietOne on 11-01-07 at 09:40 PM
And I thought I watched too much TV. I had about 30 shows on my Season Pass. I cut it down to 26 - LOL.

I have 2 shows on Monday, so I can watch both that night. On Tuesday, I have 3 shows, and I can watch all 3 that night. This is when the traffic builds up. On Wednesday alone including pay cable, I have 6 shows to watch. I'm about to watch DSM and CSI NY tonight, which will cause ER and CSI Las Vegas to be watched either Friday night or Saturday. Friday night, I've got 5 shows, so obviously some of them get watched on Saturday or Sunday. Now TAR comes into the fold. I'm afraid Brothers and Sisters will be watched on Mondays now.

YEP... I DO watch TOO MUCH TV!

Tried, but gave up:

Big Bang Theory
Life
Journeyman
Bionic Woman
Big Shots
Private Practice

It's new to me, but I kept FNL.

These are keepers:
Dirty Sexy Money
Pushing Daisies

I'm wavering for Reaper. I took it off the list, but had a change of heart, and it's still on my list.

Sorry to waver off the topic, but ER and Cold Case are on the chopping block too.

Never heard of:
K-ville
Cavemen
Carpoolers
...really, these are new shows?

Agman did me!

Posted by Snidget on 11-01-07 at 05:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-01-07 AT 05:24 PM (EST)

Of the ones I have watched.

I will not miss

Dirty Sexy Money. I didn't watch the first few shows but heard good things about it so DVRed a couple of episodes once I had room in the schedule. But then again I'm usually not into wealthy people evening soap opera type shows so maybe I just don't get it, but if it doesn't interest me soon it will be off the DVR.

K-ville. While I like it, I wouldn't miss it if it went away.

Viva Laughlin, I actually watched it and like the other 15 people who actually tuned in, none of us were shocked it was a two and gone.

Woman's Murder Club (or whatever it is called Friday night). It is OK, but I really don't care about any of these woman's lives and they talk about life stuff too much. Maybe it is because I'm not good at the whole "one of the girls" thing.

Kitchen Nightmares is OK and I'll watch, but I wouldn't care if it went.

Shows I hope stick around.

Pushing Daisies, Moonlight, and Reaper (which I fear both will be one of those good for a season but then do too much to stay "fresh" and I stop watching during the second season).

Big Bang Theory and Samantha Who. These are the first two sitcoms I've watched in years and I like both of them.

Kid Nation, but I don't know if it would work in another season, at least it looks like it won't be going to the internets to burn off the last few shows.

Tim Gunn's Guide to Style. Bravo could go to all Tim Gunn all the time programing whenever they want.

ETA Reaper

Posted by mattben on 11-06-07 at 11:11 PM
I've tried Chuck. It's a bit like The Office. Worth a shot every month or so. Can't get into it. But then pretty much everything on NBC sucks to me. Except Las Vegas. I managed 5 minutes of Bionic Woman.

Cavemen and Carpoolers are pathetic formula crap. But then ABC needs help, too.

Back to You is formulaic, too, but with tested stars. Fox will settle for that. I keep having to watch it online, because I double-tape Kid Nation. (Did you read my summary of episode 107? That really #7; I guess they expect at least 9 seasons.)

Rules of Engagement isn't new. But will somebody kill off David Spade already? He interferes with my Monday night.

Posted by Snidget on 11-07-07 at 07:51 AM
I think most TV shows when I see them numbered are numbered like that. It isn't some Kid Nation only conceit.

The first digit gives the season and then next two give the episode. (I assume if you last 10 seasons then it is a 4 digit number).