URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 748
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Did Lakisha and Melinda wimp out on March 20th show?"

Posted by neverbeentospain on 03-21-07 at 10:27 AM
Obviously, Lakisha and Melinda are in a different class than every other singer on the show.

I was hoping that Lakisha and Melinda would stretch themselves last night, but neither did. Both played it safe.

The topic was "British Invasion", and so Lakisha pulls out the theme song from a James Bond movie while Melinda retreated to covering another show tune. Both did a good job, but come on...

There are so many great songs from that period, it seems a little ridiculous to do a couple of obscure songs, especially for those two.

Apparently, someone didn't tell them that the British Invasion was white singers selling American black blues and soul music to American teenagers.

Lakisha singing "The Letter" (as covered by Joe Cocker) and Melinda singing "Something" would have been worth paying big bucks for.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Did Lakisha and Melinda wimp out on March 20th show?"
Posted by nailbone on 03-21-07 at 11:23 AM
Agreed. It might take a visit to the Bottom 3 to shake them up.

Love the Three Dog Night screen name.

Posted by finallytyping on 03-21-07 at 04:23 PM
This might be their plan. They know they are 100% safe
from being booted this week, but they want to light a fire
under their fans by appearing unsafe. It's all strategy at
this point.

Posted by bob_chester on 03-27-07 at 04:43 PM
I don't think Lakisha is gettign better. Since the 1s week of the top 24 where she outclassed everybody. Blah city. She needs to step it up. She is coming off as a snob as the judges especailly Simon gush over her. She is not that interesting. Same old tune every week. She is going to end up like Chris last year and Laytoya in season 2. You can't just sing you have to preform and keep the audence interest. I hope she does something soon or she will be gone before the final 2. I love Melinda but she needs to improve or Blake and Jordin are going to take over.

Should be interesting.

Posted by agman on 03-27-07 at 06:23 PM
>Agreed. It might take
>a visit to the Bottom
>3 to shake them up.
I hear you dog

>

Posted by bob_chester on 03-27-07 at 04:44 PM
I don't think they are in different class. I will bet you that both will not make the final 2.