URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7470
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S21 Nicaragua: State Of The Spoiling Calendar & Sign-Ups"

Posted by kircon on 09-01-10 at 03:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-10 AT 04:14 PM (EST)

What is State Of The Spoiling, SOTS?

It’s our attempt to spoil and speculate this season of Survivor: Nicaragua.

This is the home of RTVW’s spoiling/speculating elite AND hopeful we can elbow the side of MB as we PROMISE to outspoil his best intentions again this season.

This thread will act as the primary source for signups and communication between SOTS-summarizers.

If you are new to SOTS no worries, we accept all voices. Just be ready to spend a week compiling and a couple of hours of writing and a majority of minutes posting and checking and editing. At least that is how it goes for me.

There is NO prerequisite for doing a SOTS so if you’re new and want to take a stab at summarizing the weekly spoiling info and present it to our hungry speculators, now's your chance.
Or if SOTS is old-hat to you, we're looking for your continued participation and alumnal insights.

In a normal season, there would be 14 episodes. So let's start with that as a base for our sign-ups and make adjustments as the season progresses. OK?

**NEW** The SOTS will be due on Mondays as Survivor will now be shown on Wednesdays. **NEW**

The finale is usually on Sunday with the SOTS due the Friday before.

SOTS Calendar
Updated:
Episode
Due Date
Air Date
Author
9/13/2010
9/15/2010
kircon
9/20/2010
9/22/2010
OPEN
9/27/2010
9/29/2010
OPEN
10/4/2010
10/6/2010
OPEN
10/11/2010
10/13/2010
OPEN
10/18/2010
10/20/2010
OPEN
10/25/2010
10/27/2010
OPEN
11/1/2010
11/3/2010
RECAP
11/8/2010
11/10/2010
OPEN
11/15/2010
11/17/2010
OPEN
11/22/2010
11/24/2010
OPEN
11/29/2010
12/1/2010
OPEN
12/6/2010
12/8/2010
OPEN
12/13/2010
12/15/2010
OPEN
12/17/2010
12/19/2010
OPEN

Note that most dates are speculative at the current time.

Note that the Recap may or may not happen. It might be Thanksgiving week.

Note that episode 14 falls on a Sunday.

Pick a day/episode and volunteer your time to laying all the information out in one easy catch-all thread.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S21 Nicaragua: State Of The Spoiling Calendar & Sign-Ups"
Posted by michel on 09-06-10 at 10:03 AM
SOTS: Read missyae.

There; done for the season.

"Is there any interest?"
Posted by kircon on 09-09-10 at 01:42 PM
I have not read any spoilers yet. I was planning on writing the SOTS this weekend.

Is there any interest anymore?

"RE: Is there any interest?"
Posted by Krautboy on 09-09-10 at 03:45 PM
Hi Kircon, Thanks for getting this organized.

In the current spoiling environment, given all the insider information, and the other sites like TDT, SFever and SPhoenix, that compile it, it seems to me that the SOTS thread has evolved to a point where it's greatest value is for entertainment. The creative ways in which the writers present the weekly summary is far more valuable than the information they actually present, since the same summary of information can be found in various other places.

So I would say, if you and the other contributors enjoy writing the SOTS then keep it going, because there are plenty of people like me that enjoy reading it...but we are reading it primarily for the entertainment value, rather than the spoiling summary.

Krautboy

Posted by Georjanna on 09-09-10 at 07:10 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-09-10 AT 09:37 PM (EST)

I realize that I have very little - to no - currency regarding The SOTS. I've never volunteered to write one and, although I read (and appreciate) every one, I more often than not neglect to say so.

But I would really hate to see one of this Forum's most iconic features go by the wayside. Yes, for several Seasons Survivor has been/will be extensively (source) spoiled. But, that may not always be the case. And I am afraid that, if subjected to hiatus now, resources that have proven to be valuable spoiling staples - The SOTS, Veruca Salt's Editing thread, FlowerPower's Vidcap threads and so many others that have provided venues for provocative discussion and insightful analyses of important facets of the show for years - may not be easily restored later.

Besides, there is so much more to discover, discuss and determine than boot lists! And perhaps concentrating on those other things for a Season or two wouldn't be a bad way to refine our collective spoiling skill. In fact, it might be a lot of fun. For instance:

I loved last Season's Hindsight ... thread (begun by Krautboy and later resurrected by FlowerPower). So, I hope to see it again for Nicaragua. And I think that if, in addition to comprehensive coverage of sourced spoilers, this Season's SOTS included not only links to - but also timely details and tidbits from - some of the more speculative (informed but not source-dependent) threads, it might go a long way toward preserving our sense of unique - a lot of stuff is done really well here - community.

As several others have said in this and other spoiling communities in the past three or so Seasons: 'Knowing the destination' - And we can hardly complain about that. It is, after all, the ultimate purpose of this Forum - 'doesn't have to ruin the trip'.

So, please count me a "Yes!"

Posted by rachelOH63 on 09-10-10 at 01:09 PM
>I realize that I have very
>little - to no -
>currency regarding The SOTS.
>I've never volunteered to write
>one and, although I read
>(and appreciate) every one, I
>more often than not neglect
>to say so.
>
>So, please count me a "Yes!"
>
Ditto! I've thought about volunteering but time and perhaps talent make me hesitate!

Also, I am NOT spoiled YET this season, so I was hoping the SOTS would take it a week at a time -- vs. reading missyae and learning the whole season.... although, as i've said before, I'm sure temptation will win sooner vs. later....

Posted by AaronLittleton on 09-21-10 at 04:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-10 AT 04:00 PM (EST)

Well said, Georjanna!!

Rachel, I'm not spoiled yet either

Posted by tribephyl on 09-10-10 at 02:15 AM
There is still interest. Much for the reasons KB and G stated above.
But also because I love doing the header.

I always read, often participate and occasionally rely on the SOTS. I don't often visit the other sites and while it's been a spotty past past few seasons, the SOTS, as done by our fine folks, is always a great read.

While I will not have televised capabilities for the first couple of weeks, I do plan on catching up at some point within the first month. But I'll still have computerized connectivity, so truly that may be the greatest reason to go ahead and do some early SOTS. Sign me up for week 3 (and add me as an alternate to do another SOTS later on).

"#2"
Posted by kircon on 09-17-10 at 12:25 PM
I am headed out of town, no internet access. If anyone wants to take on Ep 2 please say so.

If not I will start writing after I return home on Sun Eve.

kircon

"#3 and #4"
Posted by tribephyl on 09-18-10 at 00:47 AM
I am clearing my schedule specially so I can do these.

"RE: #3 and #4"
Posted by Krautboy on 09-18-10 at 03:10 AM
Kircon and Tribe are awesome!

Krautboy

Posted by Flowerpower on 09-18-10 at 07:53 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-10 AT 07:54 AM (EST)

Yes, Kircon and Tribe are AWESOME, and so is Georgianna

Ok, I'll sign up to do one. How about week 9?

Posted by Georjanna on 09-21-10 at 11:41 PM
Waves to Kircon and FP ...

So, now that I've volunteered () to do a SOTS, and Sir Tribe has reserved time to do Episodes 3 and 4, I'm thinking ... Episode 5?

"SOTS: Delayed ... but on the way!"
Posted by Georjanna on 10-13-10 at 09:49 AM
Good Morning!

I reserved Monday evening and Tuesday morning to assemble this week's SOTS. Monday afternoon was devoted to a belated - three generations - celebration of my daughter's 47th birthday.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that the restaurant that we chose (a national chain) may have been serving a bit of food poisoning for lunch: three of the four of us spent Monday evening and all day yesterday being pretty darned sick.

But, I should have things presentable enough to post by 4:00 today. And, although I know that is really too late to be useful, I will put it up. I had a lot of fun with the bits and pieces already in my computer, and I hope that you'll enjoy them too.

In the meantime, please don't wait on me. Go vote ...

'Sides, Missyae's late too.

"Feel Better"
Posted by kircon on 10-13-10 at 12:45 PM
Life happens. I was late with mine. It seems that everyone (tribe & I) so far has posted on Wed.

We will enjoy reading it.

Anyone want to take on next weeks show?

Enjoy the show!

"RE: Feel Better"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-10-10 at 04:29 PM
BUMP
I went looking for this because I missed my SOTS fix! It looks like FloPo may be on it for this week, looking at who signed up. I know you've been away FloPo, so no pressure! But if you are about to post one I will certainly savor it.

"Hiya OFG"
Posted by Flowerpower on 11-10-10 at 08:44 PM
Thanks for bumping this thread....I needed a bump! I am on it, next week I'll have the ole SOTS! Thanks. If Kircon needs me to do another one, I'd be happy to!

"RE: Hiya OFG"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-10-10 at 09:02 PM
yay, looking forward to that!