URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 746
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jonathan's views on life"

Posted by esquire on 12-15-04 at 09:23 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-04 AT 09:25 AM (EST)

This quote was added to Jonathan and Victoria's website today at http://www.jonathanbakerandvictoriafuller.com - 'If your going to lead, lead. If your going to follow, follow. Anything else get the ##### out of my way. We are playing a GAME for One Million Dollars.'

It sure doesn't sound like Jonathan has learned anything from his Amazing Race Experience. I hope they kicked him out of the game for his behavior last night. Maybe then he would better understand how to not to lose at GAMES

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"I see his wholehearted approach"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-15-04 at 11:12 AM
includes embracing being the greatest @sshole he can possibly be!

"RE: Jonathan's views on life"
Posted by Megacanuck on 12-15-04 at 11:33 AM
That's too bad. I was hoping Victoria killed him before the end of the race. I guess I'll have to ask Santa for something else now.

"Thread moved here from Spoilers"
Posted by IceCat on 12-15-04 at 05:37 PM

Posted by Coconut on 12-15-04 at 07:34 PM
Why am I not surprised that he is incapable of using apostrophes correctly?

Mon Cherie est fabuleuse.

Posted by udg on 12-16-04 at 04:45 AM
It's not his fault. That apostrophe got too heavy to carry, so he put it down at some tourist trap, and it got stolen. It's totally not his fault.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Posted by Dizwiz on 12-16-04 at 11:34 AM
*snort*

Posted by dabo on 12-16-04 at 00:10 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-04 AT 00:10 AM (EST)

If your going to lead, lead. If your going to follow, follow. Anything else get the ##### out of my way. We are playing a GAME for One Million Dollars.

I knew he'd find a way to blame us. We just don't understand, it's a GAME! That's really pathetic, Jonathan.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Posted by kgswifty on 12-16-04 at 10:34 AM
Here is the latest from the website. Looks like he realizes that his lame quote and his actions on the show are floating like a lead ballon. What an a-hole.

" December 16, 2004

London 2:20am

All of us have our faults. Unfortunately for me millions of viewers are getting to see mine each week. I do not abuse Victoria,
what you see is a heighten version of stress and obsession mix with medication for a sickness called Sarcoidosis. What was stared as a publicity stunt turn in to an obsession to race and be first at any cost. This is a GAME and I set out to be the Villain to others not to Victoria. Victoria and I are working on our relationship to better our self and learn form our mistakes. I am taking full responsibly for my actions on screen. Please allow me to make the effort.

I am deeply sadden by the storyline that CBS went with. I am sorry for my actions, I am sorry to Victoria. Most all I am sorry to the Fans of the Amazing Race.

Jonathan"

Posted by sittem on 12-16-04 at 12:25 PM
Dear Jonathan,

OK - nice apology Jonathan. But, it rings a little hollow when 12 hours or so before that you say on your blog:

"December 15, 2004

If you're going to lead, lead. If you're going to follow, follow. Anything else get the ##### out of the way. We are
playing a GAME for One Million Dollars."

Clearly Jonathan, you don't have the emotional strength to separate a game from real life and your relationship with your wife. Playing a character in the game and being a villain are one thing. Screwing up your relationship and your life overall (though you'll probably come out of this landing on your feet) because you can't stop emotinally abusing your wife is another thing.

You appear to be saying that because you have Sarcoidosis (sic -since you have it it would be nice if you could spell it correctly) you should get a pass due to stress. Maybe the meds have side effects that play into this, but from a webpage I checked the disease itself doesn't seem to display symptoms that you can lean on for an excuse:

"Symptoms of Sarcodosis

General discomfort, uneasiness, or ill feeling (malaise)
Fever
Shortness of breath
Cough
Skin lesions
Skin rash
Headache
Visual changes
Neurological changes
Enlarged lymph glands (armpit lump)
Enlarged liver
Enlarged spleen
Dry mouth
Fatigue (one of the most common symptoms in the pediatric population)
Weight loss (one of the most common symptoms in the pediatric population)

Additional symptoms that may be associated with this disease:

Tearing, decreased
Seizures
Nosebleed - symptom
Joint stiffness
Hair loss
Eye burning, itching and discharge
Rales or other abnormal breath sounds

Note: There may be no symptoms."

So, while admitting that I have huge faults, if I were you I'd have thought ahead about how those faults would be magnified on TV to millions of viewers.

And, please do make the effort to work on your relationship. I look forward to the day you can take full responsibility for all of your actions with a genuine heart and make the changes in yourself that will lead you to true happiness and joy. That's possible for anyone, no matter how vile WE may be. EVERY one of the responses we make is a CHOICE we make - no one can MAKE us do anything. All the responsiblity lies in our own response the stiumuls.

I'm at least encouraged that you are saddened by the storyline that CBS went with. You should be greatful that CBS has exposed all of this. Maybe the public pressure you are feeling will compel you to get the help you so desperately need.

Sigpic by the fantabulous Mon Cherie!

Posted by yourstruly on 12-16-04 at 06:37 PM
I actually hate to post this because Jonathan makes me so sick. A year ago my mom came down with extreme lung and leg pain. She developed lesions all over her legs, and her ankles swelled to three times their normal size. She could not even walk. It frightened us all. It turns out she was diagnosised with an extreme case of sarcodosis. The doctor said it is painful even in a mild form. His very words were that it is extremely difficult to treat and often responds sporadically to drug therapy. Mom was put on a high dose of steroids. I have never seen such a personality change. She had no patience and was extremely irritable. It was so unlike her. It was hard for everyone between seeing her so debilitated and in so much pain. And then trying to put up with her.

That said I highly doubt Jonathan would have been able to race with active sarcodosis. It is extremely painful in the lower extremeties. Second, he exhibited none of the physical symptoms of long term steroid use such as moon face, humpback, blotchy skin, and a swollen neck. Other symptoms such as sleeplessness and an increased appetite we would not see.

While the illness is horrendous, I would feel bad even for Jonathan if he does have it. I think he is full of bull in this case. In no way do I believe he was dealing with active sarcodosis and steriods during the race.

Posted by Tahj on 12-16-04 at 07:40 PM
I agree yourstruly and Victoria seems like she's been used to his behavior for a long time--not just some sudden illness. If it was I would think she would have said something in a confessional like, "He's not usually like this, he's been ill and it's the medication" or something like that. I would also think that the show would want something like this known beforehand because the impact it has on viewers.

Posted by sittem on 12-16-04 at 10:13 PM
Thanks for that perspective. I would agree that if Jonathan was dealing with an active illness like this that he would not be allowed on the race unless he totally concealed it. I have a good friend with it and she does struggle with it and has some major pain. However, she's never exhibited any personality issues that I've seen.

And, I'm sorry to hear about the pain that your mom has experienced.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

""I am sorry""
Posted by HistoryDetective on 12-16-04 at 04:42 PM
"I am sorry"

Yes, Jonathan, you certainly are.

a sig by syren

"Dear Jonathan"
Posted by dabo on 12-17-04 at 00:17 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-17-04 AT 00:18 AM (EST)

As a fellow TAR fan, I accept your apology, such as it is.

I don't know how you could have expected the producers to not use this storyline, in all honesty. You show up at a Pitstop acting the way you act, you treat Victoria the way you treat her at the Roadblocks and whatnot, it isn't their fault and really what else could they do, don't they have to use the material they have? What would you have them do, insert a silent movie type explanation:

"And then Jonathan and Victoria showed up second at the Pitstop."

They have to use some of the material they have simply because it is the material they have, but don't blame them for that, you should have understood that going into all of this. They have to show what happens at Detours, at Roadblocks, and even if they can edit a lot of the things they have if they so choose, what could they really do about how you and Victoria arrived at a Pitstop except tell the story of it as best they could with the material they had.

I can accept that you have this condition, that you are under treatment for that condition, and that both of these have undesirable consequences. But you need to look in the mirror and be a man about all this, accept that you and you alone are solely responsible for your own actions.

I accept -- in all honesty I really do -- that the real people I see on reality programs are caricatures of their actual selves. It almost couldn't be any other way. You need to accept the truths in that caricature and deal with your own problems without looking for anyone else to blame.

dabo

"Another quote from Jonathon"
Posted by laureli on 12-16-04 at 10:40 AM
The following blog was added to Jonathon/Victoria site today, 12/16/04. He must be totally taking flak from around the world! Not sure if I believe him or not. The way we act under stress is how we are at our very core... We can all take what he says with a grain of salt I'm thinking.

London 2:20am

All of us have our faults. Unfortunately for me millions of viewers are getting to see mine each week. I do not abuse Victoria,
what you see is a heighten version of stress and obsession mix with medication for a sickness called Sarcoidosis. What was stared as a publicity stunt turn in to an obsession to race and be first at any cost. This is a GAME and I set out to be the Villain to others not to Victoria. Victoria and I are working on our relationship to better our self and learn form our mistakes. I am taking full responsibly for my actions on screen. Please allow me to make the effort.

I am deeply sadden by the storyline that CBS went with. I am sorry for my actions, I am sorry to Victoria. Most all I am sorry to the Fans of the Amazing Race.

Jonathan

awesome siggie courtesy of the amazing KObrienfan!

"What crap"
Posted by Bebo on 12-16-04 at 11:07 AM
Here is a link to the typical drug therapies used to treat his ailment: http://www.sarcoidcenter.com/sarrx.htm#Therapy.

Yes, corticosteroids can have some effects, but they don't make you lose control to the extent that you can't take responsibility for your actions. And besides, if you know that your medicine makes you respond to stress in an unhealthy way, don't sign up to be in a stressful situation like TAR.

Editing, my ass. The producers of the show didn't make this stuff up, they used the material they were given. In earlier interviews, Jonathan was embracing his extreme personality and clamining he wanted to be larger than life for entertainment purposes. Now he's blaming the editing because people don't like him.

"Heightened version of stress" and effects of medication do not excuse abuse. Period.

You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.

"RE: What crap"
Posted by Devious Weasel on 12-16-04 at 03:36 PM
I just can't wait for Hayden to chew out Jonathan for being on steroids...

Posted by RocketAudy on 12-16-04 at 05:44 PM
How can Jonathan possibly think he can blame it on the editing. He screamed at Victoria while STANDING ON THE PIT STOP MAT! How can they possibly edit that differently?

Posted by Gina99 on 12-16-04 at 09:21 PM
'How can Jonathan possibly think he can blame it on the editing. He screamed at Victoria while STANDING ON THE PIT STOP MAT! How can they possibly edit that differently?'

Oh I am sure we saw it out of context. ;)

"RE: Another quote from Jonathon"
Posted by kgswifty on 12-16-04 at 11:17 AM
Check out the guestbook on their website. He is getting completely blasted.

Signs of a typical abuser he blames his problems on everything but himself. Here is a list of the side effects of common treatments for Sarcidosis. My bet is his problem is the last one:

upset stomach
stomach irritation
vomiting
headache
dizziness
insomnia
restlessness
depression
anxiety
acne
increased hair growth
easy bruising
irregular or absent menstrual periods

Posted by RangeRover on 12-16-04 at 12:26 PM
irregular or absent menstrual periods ....

Well there you go people that explains it!!! He has PMS..

I knew the excuses and explanations would be uneffin believable and this one really takes the cake... Sarcidosis. I can now die as I have heard it all.

My father used to abuse us, he had an excuse too it was called "alcoholism".

This maniac is out of freakin control and in denial. I don't know who has it worse her or him. This is outrageous and my bs meter is up and running and right for him.

All of it from the rantings and ravings to the excuse making he is an abuser. I really hate this guy and I don't know if I can watch TAR anymore he just upsets me too much.

Posted by Bebo on 12-16-04 at 12:49 PM
I don't know if I can watch TAR anymore he just upsets me too much.

Don't let the bastard win. Besides, you don't want to miss hearing the immortal words...

Jonathan and Victoria, you are the last team to arrive. I am not at all sorry to say you have been eliminated from the Race.

You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.

Posted by RangeRover on 12-16-04 at 12:53 PM
Thanks Bebo I needed that...

And people get your butt over to their website and post your shame!!!! It takes your posts never to be seen again but I keep trying.

"Ummmmm...."
Posted by geg6 on 12-16-04 at 02:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-04 AT 02:59 PM (EST)

One of the classic symptoms of an abuser is the inability to take responsibility for one's actions.

I have a neighbor with sarcoidosis. He doesn't scream or yell, abuse his wife or kids, or compete with others to the point of obsession.

Not buying, Jonathan. Maybe Victoria is, but not me.

ETA: And CBS wouldn't be able to create that storyline if he hadn't given them the material. Once again, it's not Jonathan's fault, it's an illness/medication problem and, anyway, CBS's editing isn't fair. Right.

--seen his kind too many times to fall for this line of carp.

Posted by Urban_Kitten on 12-16-04 at 02:09 PM
Bebo is right - imagine the ineffable sweetness with Mr. Meds gets philiminated. Jeez, I thought I had achieved sublime happiness when Colon-blow Lost!

At this point, Colin-Blow could be giving lessons on accepting second place graciously.

"RE: Today's blog message"
Posted by kahanasunset on 12-16-04 at 03:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-04 AT 03:48 PM (EST)

WTF?? He's more sorry about US seeing his behavior than he is about how he treats his wife??!!

What a piece of cr@p this jerk is. As a person who volunteers in domestic violence, I, like others on this thread, cannot stand to watch them. Off, NOW.

and what bebo wrote

Posted by ginger on 12-16-04 at 03:30 PM
The only good thing about all this is that I doubt Jonathan and Victoria win; if they did, the producers would not want to show us all this stuff that makes us hate them (or him, at least).

If they do win? I may not be able to watch anymore.

Posted by kgswifty on 12-16-04 at 04:43 PM
No the good thing is realizing that the waste of DNA formerly known as Jonathon is quickly destroying his 15 minutes in the spotlight.

Do you think any company would even consider endorsement deals with this guy when they realize public perception is that he is essentially a controlling, wife beating, abusive personality who demonstrates all the classic signs of denial by blaming his issues on everything but his own delusional self?

Posted by brvnkrz on 12-16-04 at 06:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-04 AT 06:56 PM (EST)

I'm with you Ginger. If they win, I may not be able to watch again.
On a side note, as a hypochondriac, I think I now have Sarcodosis, or whatever. I am always fatigued. *grin*
Does this mean it is okay for me to abuse Jonathan if I see him in public?

Posted by dabo on 12-16-04 at 11:56 PM
As long as it's a GAME!

Posted by brvnkrz on 12-17-04 at 00:52 AM
We'll call it "Pin the tailgate on the Donkey"