URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 744
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"sanjaya"

Posted by notidolhappy on 03-15-07 at 03:26 PM
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL YOU PEOPLE. IS EVERYONE TONE DEAF???

SANJAYA SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: sanjaya"
Posted by nailbone on 03-15-07 at 04:38 PM
You're in the wrong place ofr that "all you people". I daresay there's no one here that disagrees with your assesment.

Posted by agman on 03-15-07 at 05:49 PM
I agree with both of you. He better send Brandon a thank you note for forgetting the words. Personallly I'm ticked off at brandon cause now I have to endure one more week of hairman.

"LOL"
Posted by moonbaby on 03-15-07 at 06:48 PM
Hairman! Too funny! Really, the kid has great hair. I hope some shampoo company picks him up for product endorsement, that would be cheesily hilarious.

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 03-19-07 at 02:23 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-07 AT 02:24 PM (EST)

Hair"girl" is more like it. Ever week, he's got it in some "girly" style. Even the one time he wore his hair straight, he'd put highlights in it. Prompting Randy and Simon to compare ir to Paula's. At least I thought the curls were gone. Until the results show. Then, last week, it was all kinked up. I shudder to think what he'll have done to it tomorrow night.

Posted by breezy04 on 03-16-07 at 03:02 AM
He never should have made it to the finals. He is a very weak singer with no range.I am sure the young girls are voting for him because he is sweet and cute, but this is a SINGING competition folks and if he wins,I will probably never watch this show again.

Posted by Snidget on 03-16-07 at 05:50 AM
I seriously doubt he could win.

Every season there is the one all the tweens/teens seem to be in puppy-love with that makes it to the final 12 and get save a few too many weeks in a row. It isn't a big enough voting block to produce a winner, IMO. Just big enough that the tween favorite ends up being the last of the never had a chance to win the season that gets voted off.

Why should it be so shocking and dismaying that it happened again this year? It happens every year.

"I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!" Tom Lehrer

Posted by nailbone on 03-17-07 at 11:35 AM
Shocking? No.

Dismaying? Yep. Even though it happens everytime, just like somone really good getting voted off early (Jennifer Hudson, for example).

Posted by Snidget on 03-17-07 at 11:48 AM
Well now we have those vote for the worst peeps to contend with.

Sanjaya has been there pick for awhile, I think.

http://www.votefortheworst.com

Posted by maddymal on 03-18-07 at 10:14 PM
i knew this must be what was going on!!!!!

Posted by Fishercat on 03-20-07 at 05:51 AM
He's been their pick since F12 began, one week ago. Doesn't explain the three prior weeks.

Posted by mrc on 03-16-07 at 06:30 AM
Much like Bucky, Sanjaya has great hair

Posted by bystander on 03-20-07 at 02:18 PM
But unlike Bucky...Sangina actually washes his hair.

Posted by Angelflutter on 04-08-07 at 09:18 PM
>>>>>>> GIGGLE GIGGLE >>>>>>>>> Oh soooo true!!!!!!

Posted by priestdi on 03-16-07 at 02:12 PM

just a polite request?

PLEASE DON'T SHOUT AT US!!!!!!

IT REALLY DOESN'T MAKE US PAY MORE ATTENTION TO YOUR OPINION !!!!!!

thanks.

Posted by Frodo29 on 03-17-07 at 01:41 PM
Ok seriously!!! Can we ban 13 year old little girls from voting? Because that's the only group of idiots that I believe are voting for Sanjaya. I apologize to the 13 year olds that are smart enough to see he sucks! Seriously, WHY WHY WHY!!! He is worthless, he has no power to his voice and I could care less about that hair, I'd like to shave it off! I am so done with him, he should have gone home BEFORE Hollywood! He has taken two spots away from decent people first it was Sundance and now Brandon. They weren't my favorite, but they were better than him!! This year really isn't all that thrilling for me, there are some great people and there are some so-so, but they are two that just shouldn't be here in my opinion. Obviously it's Sanjaya and the other is Haley. I don't get it, I think she sucks. I agree with Simon every week, but I was shocked when he said she was good. She is a wedding singer and that's all I can ever see when she sings. She bores the hell out of me! She doesn't deserve the final 12 either!!
:mad:

Posted by maddymal on 03-18-07 at 10:13 PM
really good people are getting voted off this year---it's just not right. sanjaya's hair bugs me too.

Posted by TVFreak on 03-27-07 at 11:23 AM
Not all little girls love Sanjaya. I have 2 daughters, 11 & 12 years old. They HATE Sanjaya. They both think that he's ugly and a terrible singer. I've even polled thier classmates. Not one of them likes him.

Posted by AshLanie on 03-19-07 at 06:53 AM
>WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL YOU
>PEOPLE. IS EVERYONE TONE
>DEAF???
>
>SANJAYA SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Blame the judges who let him go through in the first place..

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 03-19-07 at 02:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-07 AT 02:16 PM (EST)

That's right. It was the damn judges who put him through to Hollywood. Put him in the top 24. Have given his "singing" lousy reviews ever since. And, complain about his "popularity" with the voters. Whoever the hell they are.

Posted by geekboy on 03-19-07 at 02:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-07 AT 03:03 PM (EST)

Go back and listen to Sanjaya's initial audition. It was an amazing version of a Stevie Wonder song. Even Randy was impressed, and he thinks NOBODY should sing Stevie.

ETA: I believe he sang "Signed, Sealed, Delivered"

I believe Sanjaya made it to the finals based on that audition only. I don't remember seeing him in the Hollywood rounds. He has been a big disappointment ever since.

Does he deserve to be there? Based on that audition - I'd say yes. Should he still be around? No.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

Posted by cambo on 03-19-07 at 02:44 PM
I have to agree. I was really impressed by his first audition. I think his age and lack of experience/confidence has gotten the better of him. He just isn't ready for the big stage.

Posted by jbug on 03-19-07 at 03:08 PM
I hope Randy, Paula & Simon realize their mistake in putting him thru to the final rounds where the voting began.
OK it was nice to give the very young inexperienced guy a chance,but he is no where near ready for this kind of competition.
Judges made an error this time.
Wonder if they can "get rid" of him if he goes too much further?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by agman on 03-19-07 at 04:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-07 AT 04:47 PM (EST)

It will be interesting to watch the next few weeks to see if they try and "do anything" to try and get him booted. IMO I wish they would think of something. I get embarrassed for him. I think he realizes how bad he is and I wonder what this experience will do to him emotionally!

Posted by priestdi on 03-20-07 at 03:46 PM

does this count as "doing something?"

from MJ's Blog

Sanjaya Malakar will be sporting a Mohawk tonight. No, that’s not a joke, that’s for REALS. His hair is not actually shaved, just gelled to the sides of his head. Nadia Turner got kicked off after she sported a mohawk season 4. I’m just sayin’

Posted by agman on 03-20-07 at 05:42 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-07 AT 05:43 PM (EST)

>
>does this count as "doing something?"

Well, it certainly counts as doing something with his "do"
I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works. I had forgotten all about Nadia.....hmmmmm....this could be it..... agman

"March 20th show-He sings the songs that make the girls cry"
Posted by aquariaqueen on 03-21-07 at 08:55 AM
Come on, we need a Barry Manilow parody week. "I sing the songs that make the small girls cry".

I loved Simon's comment about the little girl!!!

"Simon's comment"
Posted by moonbaby on 03-24-07 at 09:19 AM
was hilarious!

I was just happy to see the kid more animated and lively than he's ever been on the show. I was happy for him. Seems he is starting to act like he knows where he is and what he's there for-if he can't win he might as well bust loose and have a great time. I hope he continues to surprise us.

"Did anyone see SNL?"
Posted by emydi on 03-27-07 at 08:44 AM
at end of the news segment Adam Sandberg (the new funny young guy) came out as Sanjaya singing the Kinks in the number jacket and the half gloves...then they showed the crying girl (one of the women dressed as her) then they showed a male cast member as himself crying then they showed DAN AKROYD crying...it was hilarious!

Posted by cadfile on 03-27-07 at 00:11 AM
Sanjaya is the Leif Garret of American Idol. "Good" looks, little real talent, tweeners melting for him.

For those too young for that reference check here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_Garrett

Poopytrim

Posted by agman on 03-27-07 at 01:54 PM
>Sanjaya is the Leif Garret of
>American Idol. "Good" looks, little
>real talent, tweeners melting for
>him.
I am beginning to agree. I listened to Sanjaya on youtube and he is actually better than I have heard him on AI. Give him a few more years for his voice to mature, and I think he will be great

"Gwen S. forced Sanjaya to change songs..."
Posted by priestdi on 03-27-07 at 03:09 PM
.. according to the insider who leaked this week's song selections.

the list originally had him singing "Bathwater."

then it changed.

check this out:

Sanjaya Malakar - He wanted to sing “Bathwater”. She tried to get him to sing some 80’s song. He said he was a big fan and he really wanted to do one of her songs. Gwen was upfront with him and told him she didn’t think he could pull it off but gave him the benefit of the doubt. Today after seeing how rehearsals were going, she didnt’ see any progress. She went to Nigel immediately and told him she does not want Sanjaya singing one of her songs whatsoever. Sanjaya didn’t have many options at that point. He kind of got stuck with “Sunday Morning”. This caused a big scene at the studio and was the talk all afternoon.

"RE: Gwen S. forced Sanjaya to change songs..."
Posted by agman on 03-27-07 at 05:24 PM

Man, that's pretty harsh. I wonder How poor Sanjaya will handle that as it comes out?

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 03-28-07 at 08:05 AM
guess the insider was wrong eh?

A Tribe Original!

Posted by priestdi on 03-28-07 at 09:54 AM
seriously.

I guess the "insider" decided to shoot his wad in a big way this week, get a good laugh at how far and wide his stuff got copied and linked, and then sit back for the rest of the season.

has anyone seen an explanation for how this guy, who for some reason was trusted, was so wrong?

I got suckered bigtime. sounded true to me.

so I owe Gwen an apology for various things I posted. But wow she was really unimpressive last night. where's that X-factor she exudes in her videos?

yawn.

she even looked like a suburban mom.

Posted by agman on 03-28-07 at 01:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-07 AT 02:00 PM (EST)

>guess the insider was wrong eh?
>

Wow! What's the world comming to when you can't even trust an insider anymore I hate to admitt it, but it sounded true to me. I guess you can't believe everything you hear.

Posted by bob_chester on 03-28-07 at 10:35 AM
I don't care for Sanjaya but why do you all hate him so much? He is just a shy kid who was pushed into this by his family and he is trying. HE is not nowhere near the best but he has not been the worst the last few weeks. Brandon blew it, did not even know the words to his song and he got the axe. Stephanie soooooooooo boring I can barely remeber who she was. At least Sanjaya is providing entertainment until the rest of the bad and boring ones like Haley, Chris R and Phil are gone. (We might have to add Chris S to this list now after last night)

You guys would have been had a good time when stoning was still legal.

Posted by nogwart on 03-28-07 at 12:08 PM
I think I might be starting to like him a little after last night. I may be wrong, but it seems slightly possible that he's purposely being exceptionally freaky because he now is "in on the joke" of VFTW. Maybe, just maybe, he knows the VFTW people will vote him through no matter what he sounds like, so he's basically "giving the finger" to the show by being as weird and freaky as he can while forgetting words, singing mediocre, etc. If that turns out to be true, I've got to give him credit for sheer guts.

....of course, he could just really be a very freaky dude, too. Who knows.

Posted by bob_chester on 03-28-07 at 01:39 PM
I like it. I don't think this season will produce a big star like Carrie U. or Kelly C. so no sense in taking it too seroiusly. It should be fun and entertaining.

"WARNING - bob_chester "
Posted by Bebo on 03-28-07 at 03:03 PM
Bashing other posters is not permitted here.

"RE: WARNING - bob_chester "
Posted by bob_chester on 03-28-07 at 03:05 PM
I am not bashing. just because somebody does not like my comments they complain. It is not bashing.

"RE: WARNING - bob_chester "
Posted by priestdi on 03-28-07 at 03:34 PM

yeah.

it's hard for me to see how a statement against hate can be called "bashing."

it's like people complaining when Simon Cowell gets criticized.

it's OK to be hateful, but not Ok to criticize hate?

I have trouble with that concept.

"Help"
Posted by AyaK on 03-28-07 at 05:50 PM
Here's the comment of bob_chester's that triggered the warning:

You guys would have been had a good time when stoning was still legal.

That's bashing other posters. And that's why he got warned.

Please read the guidelines. Bashing contestants is permitted (and, in fact, encouraged to some extent). Bashing other posters is prohibited.

"RE: Help"
Posted by bob_chester on 03-28-07 at 06:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-07 AT 06:27 PM (EST)

That aint bashing. Somebody must have been feeling guilty. If you can't handle a little honesty.
Whatever. later.

"RE: Help"
Posted by AyaK on 03-29-07 at 02:46 PM
>That aint bashing. Somebody must
>have been feeling guilty. If
>you can't handle a little honesty.
>Whatever. later.

Goodbye.

"D'oh! the pony-hawk was a tribute to Gwen"
Posted by priestdi on 03-28-07 at 03:39 PM
Am I the only clueless one who didn't get this?

I don't do pop. I know nothing about Gwen or her band.

This is from a blog by an entertainment writer in the audience.

"I give him props for taking the Gwen Stefani theme to the next level. She's sported her share of mohawks, and so has No Doubt drummer Adrian Young. Sure enough, when we ran into Idol hair guru Dean Banowetz, he confirmed that Gwen was indeed the inspiration. "Because it's Gwen Stefani, pretty much anything goes," said Dean. "She's known for her hair, and Sanjaya was like, 'I wanna do a mohawk.' But it's kind of hard to do one with hair that long, so we decided to do the pony-hawk. Seven ponies, seven is a lucky number... who knows, it might just keep him in." "

"3/27 " 'dos and don'ts""
Posted by moonbaby on 03-28-07 at 06:01 PM
Well sure you can make a statement with how you look but it seemed like he was sedated again. Too bad.

"RE: 3/27 " 'dos and don'ts""
Posted by agman on 03-28-07 at 07:28 PM
>Well sure you can make a
>statement with how you look
>but it seemed like he
>was sedated again. Too bad.
I really get the feeling that he is just going through the motions. This is sad because he does have a bit of talent.

"RE: 3/27 " 'dos and don'ts""
Posted by agman on 03-28-07 at 10:32 PM
I meant to have my sigpic this size. oops I was informed my sigpic was a bit too large! Hope this is better

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 04-05-07 at 06:35 PM
I didn't get to see last week's competition. My husband and I were busy getting "lost" in Charleston. I did see, on Fox News afterward, a clip of Sanjaya's ponytails. At least, this past Tuesday, he finally sang one of Tony Bennet's songs halfway well. I didn't like the way he played up to all the females, including Paula. This isn't going to carry him through to the end. Eventually his female middle school fanbase will be outvoted. Especially if thier parents, tired of mounting bills, from all the text messinging, start limiting cell phone use.

"Conspiracy Theory!"
Posted by HobbsofMI on 04-06-07 at 10:31 AM
I think it's votes from India. AI is shown there and I think they are calling in and voting. Now India has 1.6 billion people to the 350 million here so even if a small percentage is voting by Internet phone or direct calls it would give him enough votes to make it by. IA is huge there.....so that's my theory.

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

"Nope. Not true."
Posted by priestdi on 04-06-07 at 12:54 PM
AP story, ran yesterday.

funny I was going to post it, then got lazy. lol.

Sanjaya's `Idol' run not India's fault

NEW DELHI - So much for the Indian Call Center Theory: Under-talented singer Sanjaya Malakar's unlikely wave of "American Idol" support apparently isn't coming from his father's homeland.

Indians are usually attuned to the successes of their compatriots abroad. But apart from a few brief newspaper articles, at least one short TV news segment and a few blog mentions, the reedy 17-year-old with the unsteady voice is a virtual unknown here.

One reason is that the show is broadcast a day late in India, and on an English-language channel that attracts relatively few viewers in this country of 1.1 billion.

"He's also an object of ridicule," said Amit Varma, who runs the popular India Uncut blog.

Malakar's success with viewers, who vote by phone or text message for their favorite performers, has come despite withering criticism from the three "Idol" judges on New Corp.'s hit Fox network show. The irascible Simon Cowell has even threatened to quit if the native of Federal Way, Wash., wins the contest.

Malakar survived elimination Wednesday night to make it to the final eight. If he can hold on for a few more weeks, he might see his fame spread here, Varma said.

"Even if the guy's really an American, it will be projected by the media here as an Indian doing well in the world," he said. "They'll make a big deal about it."

As for the theory that Indian call center operators are phoning in votes for Malakar: Most workers have calls automatically dialed for them by computers. They couldn't even call next door if they wanted to.

___

Posted by joannie on 04-07-07 at 09:16 PM
Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again ...(ahem) SANJAYA CAN SING! He has far less experience than any of the other singers and he's still very young. I think now he's just trying to stick it to Simon by his outlandish performaces (heck, he's already STUNNED Randy and Paula!)

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 04-11-07 at 02:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-07 AT 02:44 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-11-07 AT 02:14 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-11-07 AT 02:13 PM (EST)
Sanjaya is far less experienced than any of the other songers? And, still very young? He's no younger than Jordin. She's only 17. Yet, she manages to blow him away every week. And, every one of her performances is an improvement over the last. She's in overdrive. Yet, Sanjaya remains stuck in neutral, extremely limited in what he actually can sing. He didn't do too badly on the Tony Bennet song. But, he cheapened it by playing up to Paula. And, the song he sang last night was boringly monotonic. His voice is too weak, and his vocal range too limited, to sing the variety of genres this competition encompasses.

Posted by agman on 04-11-07 at 03:18 PM
I agree with you in that he's not the most capeable singer. I can also say that I am not a fan of Sanjaya(in previous posts I have been very critical of him), I do however, think that last night he did a good job. Definitely not bottom 3 material. IMO this was the best I have heard him this year! In all fairness I have to give him props for last night! I don't know what next week will bring, but I think he should be safe this week. I can't believe I just wrote that. Can this mean I'm actually becoming objective in my medium/older age?

A snidget original

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 04-11-07 at 03:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-07 AT 03:41 PM (EST)

If there's a Country Night this season, and Sanjaya lasts that long, how do you think he'll handle it?

Posted by agman on 04-11-07 at 03:49 PM
>LAST EDITED ON 04-11-07
>AT 03:41 PM (EST)

>
>If there's a Country Night this
>season, and Sanjaya lasts that
>long, how do you think
>he'll handle it?

I think he will crash and burn trying to sing country! I can't even imagine what song he might try and sing!

A snidget original

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 04-12-07 at 04:49 PM
I can't imagine the song. But, I can imagine the hair. Gelled back in a mullet.

Posted by agman on 04-12-07 at 04:53 PM
Maybe he will try, Thank God I'm a country boy! lol

A snidget original

Posted by Angelflutter on 04-18-07 at 01:45 AM
Well, tonight was the night for the country song. Yup, he sucked as usual. I am not one to bash - but oh, God, it was horrible. How, oh how long can he stay on the show? It has only been about 5 hours since AI was on here, and I have already forgotten what song he sang - that is how memorable it was for me. What was up with the bandana? He should have worn a cowboy hat instead to cover that mop on his head. It would have looked a bit more country and would assist in distracting from the nest on his noggin. ( I don't like my hair either - but ...)On second thought, I think he likes his hair. ( Ever try to have it styled? ) Poor kid, I have to give him an A+ for nerve and effort though, but an F for those that vote to keep him on. This will definately be my last season of watching if he wins. But, If he wins AI should probably be canceled - cuz we know that it obviously is NOT a TALENT CONTEST. DUDE - you have no talent. You have no range and your voice is really weak. I'd make other plans for a career that DO NOT include singing.

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 04-18-07 at 01:35 PM
It was pretty strong last night, though. Compared to the weak, lispy effiminate voice he's "treated" us to in his past performances. But, singing one song better than five others doesn't make him AI material. The boy has got to go!

Posted by agman on 04-18-07 at 10:59 PM

And thankfully he did go....go sanjaya go...go go go...off the floor and out the door....go Sanjaya go...

A snidget original

Posted by kayelkins on 04-14-07 at 12:57 PM
This guy has got to be the worst singer idol has ever had on.Wake up!He's got to go.Idol is beginning to look like a joke.I am so over this guy he really sucks!Come on people!!!!

Posted by agman on 04-14-07 at 01:18 PM
>This guy has got to be
>the worst singer idol has
>ever had on.Wake up!He's got
>to go.Idol is beginning to
>look like a joke.I am
>so over this guy he
>really sucks!Come on people!!!!

You will get no argument about that with me. I have said that all along!

A snidget original

"Taking Idol too seriously, or the presidency not seriously enough."
Posted by Snidget on 04-14-07 at 05:57 PM
link

Oh.My.Heck.

During a radio call-in on WOKQ-FM, the New York senator was asked what the United States can do about Sanjaya Malakar, the television show's underdog candidate who critics say lacks any shred of talent.

"That's the best question I've been asked in a long time," Clinton said. "Well, you know, people can vote for whomever they want. That's true in my election, and its true on 'American Idol.'"

Don't mind me, I'll just be out back building my bomb shelter. Let me know if/when America returns to sanity.

"RE: Taking Idol too seriously, or the presidency not seriously enough."
Posted by agman on 04-14-07 at 06:07 PM

>
>Don't mind me, I'll just be
>out back building my bomb
>shelter. Let me know
>if/when America returns to sanity.

I never would have believed that If you hadn't put it there. I cannot even fathom how a senator would address that in the first place! Boy we sure seem to have our priorities in the right place. I think I need a drink or five! Makes you wonder what other countries think when they read something like that. Thank you for sharing that. I think I need to read it further.

A snidget original

Posted by bullzeye on 04-14-07 at 06:26 PM
Makes you wonder what other countries think when they read something like that.

Well, given the results of the 2000 and 2004 Presidential elections, many of us think you guys have a very strange sense of humour.

Posted by agman on 04-14-07 at 06:40 PM
> Makes you wonder what other
>countries think when they read
>something like that.

>
>Well, given the results of the
>2000 and 2004 Presidential elections,
>many of us think you
>guys have a very strange
>sense of humour.

I can't argue with you on that one! Many of my relatives are from Australia and they have a field day with that! We are known as the loud and crazy Americans. Sorry if I got off topic.

A snidget original

Posted by Alysa on 04-15-07 at 00:21 AM
Sanjaya SUCKS. i hope he will be kicked out SOON or im gonna go crazy!! how can he have fans!! whats wrong with people?

Posted by agman on 04-15-07 at 01:25 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-07 AT 01:25 PM (EST)

>Sanjaya SUCKS. i hope he will
>be kicked out SOON or
>im gonna go crazy!! how
>can he have fans!! whats
>wrong with people?

He is pretty bad that's for sure!

A snidget original

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 04-16-07 at 06:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-07 AT 06:23 PM (EST)

What's wrong is that, with viewers having unlimted voting privileges, Sanjaya's young gal fans are taking advantage of this, each one text messaging dozens of votes for him, at 15 cents a pop. Hopefully, their parents, tired of the mounting bills, will revoke their cell phone privileges. And, all this Sanjaymania will die a long overdue death.

Posted by agman on 04-16-07 at 06:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-07 AT 06:37 PM (EST)

Now come on Dixie....some people ....cough cough....happen to think Sanjaya is a great talent with a chance of winning...snicker snicker cough...this competition...laugh laugh! I just have this to say about the hairball...Please go home soon...I don't care for your singing! IMHO of course

A snidget original

Posted by Angelflutter on 04-18-07 at 01:53 AM
Should be 18 and over to vote - that is the American way. LOL

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 04-18-07 at 01:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-07 AT 01:38 PM (EST)

Since the competition starts for kid that age, how about 16 and up? Starting next Tuesday? That would eliminate enough of Sanjsya's fan base in time to keep him out of the top five. Should he makes the top six tonight.

Posted by profesora_toro4 on 04-16-07 at 10:45 PM
UGH!!! I hate American Idol, but everyone has been telling me about this weird guy that can't sing so I went to YouTube to see what all the fuss was about...all I have to say is...is this guy for real?!?!?! He stinks and it seems that Simon Cowell (who I don't care for) is not getting to say anything negative about him. This will surely be a disgrace for the American Idol brand if this guy? wins.

Posted by Alysa on 04-17-07 at 00:36 AM
oh, trust me, simon promised he would quit if the hair freak wins.

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 04-17-07 at 04:20 PM
According to this week's TV Guide, Simon was only joking. His salary is too good to give up. But, if Sanjaya wins, I'll bet Simon will be more careful who he accepts at all future auditions!

Posted by agman on 05-06-07 at 03:25 PM
That's for sure!!!

dolphin

May you be born in interesting times. Chinese proverb

Posted by Snidget on 04-17-07 at 07:06 AM
Simon has said negative stuff about him, especially early on.

The one time when he said something really positive was an attempt at A) humor and B) hoping that if he didn't slam him maybe people wouldn't be so fired up to save him.

At some point you just give up. I don't think Simon is being muzzled and forced to be nice to Sanjaya.

Posted by curveball on 04-17-07 at 03:01 PM
I think the judges have decided that they are going to give him ok feedback even though he is terrible, hoping that people voting for him because he sucks will think (a) he isn't the worst anymore, and (b) maybe because he did "better" they will lighten up on the intensity of their voting.

I doubt he is getting more votes each week, probably less. It is only a matter of time before there are few enough conestants that his number of regular votes is the least.

Posted by Alysa on 04-17-07 at 11:23 PM
well, theres always that hope!!
tonite Sanjaya was just terrible!! TERRIBLE doesnt even cover it. his attempt at a glory note towards the end was pitiful. he completely screwed it up.

sorry, its still not working, and it will never work out for him. i agreed 100% with simon tonite. lol, did u notice that when simon said it was hideous, the whole audience just started laughing? normally when simon gives negative feedback, they all boo him, but not anymore. this is representative of how bad this thing is getting.

no one is even pretending anymore.

the judges have given up, thats for sure. now its america's turn. and please, for gods sake, make that sooner than later!!

oh yeah, i was pretty sure simon was joking too. hes too attracted to money to just quit, haha.

Posted by agman on 04-17-07 at 11:54 PM
normally I would agree with you 100%. Unfortunately, I think Chris may have messed things up! Sanjay Was Terrible, no question, but Chris was just as bad if not worse! He may have saved the "hairball" again. I really hope I'm wrong. Sanjaya was painful to listen to. I'll keep my fingers crossed

A snidget original

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 04-18-07 at 01:14 PM

>
>oh yeah, i was pretty sure
>simon was joking too. hes
>too attracted to money to
>just quit, haha.

You're right. Simon said so in this week's TV Guide. He'd never give up {b}that{/b] salary.
Sanjaya's performance last night? The hair, as usual, especially from the back, was hideously effiminate. "Helped" along by the girly Pepto-pink head-scarf.
But, his "hideous" singing was, for him, pretty damn good. Finally, a strong masculine voice. But, I suspect, a fluke. Hopefully too little, too late to win the competition.

Posted by agman on 04-18-07 at 10:50 PM
wooo hooooo now simon won't have to worry about leaving......Yea baby............................

A snidget original

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 04-19-07 at 04:02 PM
I knew it was only a matter of time before Sanjaya got booted. With the other six remaining contestants so much better than him, who, in their right mind, could still vote for him?

"Another party heard from."
Posted by Estee on 04-19-07 at 06:43 AM
CNN's headline on their website: You-know-who finally gets boot on "Idol"

So it's official. We've found Voldemort.

"RE: Another party heard from."
Posted by Snidget on 04-19-07 at 07:05 AM
*snerk*

I'm glad the theories that he made Melinda into a horcrux and she would have to be destroyed for him to die turned out to be untrue.

Although there still is the mystery of why her neck is missing.

Thanks to Scarlett O Hara for the memorial sig pic.

"RE: Another party heard from."
Posted by tamarama on 04-19-07 at 10:16 PM
Vanishing Cabinet?

Animagus accident?

(JULY 21st!!!!!!!! whooooo!)

Posted by artoo94 on 05-03-07 at 06:14 PM
i have to agree because the reason why i like him is because he has cool hair styles but his singing sucks!

Posted by agman on 05-05-07 at 11:38 AM

well he's now gone......

90 percent of life is half mental