URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 741
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Chuck"

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-09-07 at 08:43 AM
I lurve this show. Chuck's getting cuter as the series goes on and I love the Nerd Herd (not BB's Nerd Herd!) Plus, the sister from What About Brian is adorable. And, hey, what about What About Brian, is it gone?

Tummy

Veni, vidi, velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Chuck"
Posted by CantStandToLook on 10-09-07 at 04:28 PM
Another Chuck lover here, the show cracks me up and I love journeyman too. I wanted to hate journeyman for being too like Quantum leap but they've played it very good and it's rubbed off on me.

I keep trying to think why Chuck's girlfriend looks so familiar to me but I can't make it out. She's got a Portia de Rossi look to her.

Syren did this

Posted by buckeyegirl on 10-14-07 at 04:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-07 AT 04:37 PM (EST)

I love, love, love this show! Chuck reminds me so much of my brother in law in his mannerisms that it's uncanny.The retial bits have me in stiches. (probalby because I work with the public.) I wasn't hooked after the first show, but I am now.

Edited to add: It took me forever to figure out that the sisters boyfriend was a Baldwin. He looked so familiar to me, now I know why-it was the baldwin look.

*Waves to Tummy*

Posted by skeetergirl87 on 10-15-07 at 01:27 PM
I don't think he's one of the Baldwin brothers. I've loved Adam Baldwin ever since My Bodyguard, which was a LONG time ago, so him being in this show is just one more reason to watch it.

Anyway, I really love this show. Chuck is so cute and I really like the Buy More scenes. Yes, it's a little cheesy, but I still love it!

Posted by fanfromseason1 on 10-16-07 at 08:36 AM
Nah, not one of the brothers. This show is really growing on me. It is so action packed it makes some movie look tame.

Posted by buckeyegirl on 11-07-07 at 09:37 PM
I was wrong about that...should've gone to imdb.com first before posting it!

Posted by survivorscott on 10-16-07 at 06:21 PM
my favorite line so far this season has been when he mentioned Oceanic Flight 815 was shot down.....

while he was watching the clips that started to remind him of things.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-30-07 at 04:35 PM
Lastnight's epi was great. I love the best-friend. There's really no intrigue about this show, but it makes me smile, so I like it.

agman lvoes me

Posted by CattyChat on 11-06-07 at 12:01 PM
Been watching since the beginning and I love this show. Like Tummy, it just keeps me smiling -- good, clean fun. I have a big Chuck crush, he is so cute. I caught the Oceanic reference a few eps back, too. It really is pretty funny tongue-in-cheek spy show. The ensemble is great, I like all the characters and the way they interact.

It was Autumn & incessant piped the quails from shocks & sheaves;
like living coals, the apples burned among the withering leaves.
~~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 11-27-07 at 09:24 AM
This show is still the only 'laugh out loud' show I watch. There's not a single character that I don't like on this show. I am surprised that "One Tree Hill" chick (can't remember her name) left already.

Bryce is a cutie but I'm starting to have a small crush on Casey.

And I like Morgan with the psycho Oriental chick.

agman lvoes me

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-18-08 at 08:11 AM
Woot, woot. On January 31st we get two, count them two, new Chucks. Chuck at 7, followed by The Celebrity Apprentice, followed by Chuck. and both Chucks will be new.

Yay, a fix for my Chuck/Casey crush.

winterized by agman
I AM the Abbott of Vermont!

Posted by Glow on 01-19-08 at 07:31 PM
ooooh. That's good news!

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

Posted by Max Headroom on 01-19-08 at 08:54 PM
My TiVo shows the two Chuck episodes on 1/24, not 1/31. You might want to double-check your program guide, and I'll double-check mine.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-21-08 at 04:18 PM
And you, Mr Max, would be right. This Thursday people. Pay no attention to me, only to Max.

winterized by agman

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-24-08 at 03:55 PM
I'm having a Chuck sandwich for dinner tonight. Woohoo.

winterized by agman

"Spies Like Chuck"
Posted by newsomewayne on 01-25-08 at 02:57 PM
Anybody else catch the Spies Like Us reference in last night's second episode?

It's party time! Agman is excellent! 2008

Posted by Starshine on 06-12-09 at 05:39 PM
Late to the party, however I have just watched the first series of Chuck, and thought it was very good.

Personally I would lose Chucks annoying friend, however the rest of it was almost perfect.

Favourite characters: Big Mike, John Casey, and Sarah Walker!

Roll on October when the second series comes out on DVD over here.

Arrrr Cap'n!

Just another Sleeperbloke

Something or Other

Posted by grit on 06-13-09 at 10:41 AM
Morgan gets better in the second season and kind of grows on you. I remember hating him the first season as well. I loved Lester in the second season. If you haven't seen the first Die Hard movie, I would watch it because there's a character in it who appears in the Christmas episode in Season 2. I thought it was hysterical.

Hulu has episodes of Chuck on their site but unfortunately they only have episodes 12 through 22 available. I tried looking on YouTube but I can't find episodes 1 - 11 for you. I'm sure they do that because they want to sell the DVD sets.

I'm glad you're enjoying Chuck with the rest of us. If you can get caught up with Season 2, maybe you can watch episodes on Hulu for Season 3 and join in the discussions around here!

a berry nice sigpic from agman

Posted by Starshine on 06-13-09 at 02:17 PM
I'm being naughty, and am now up to episode 8 of series 2!

Will definitely try to join in on the series 3 talk, it's a good show that doesn't keep too many balls juggling, but keeps the action and humour up.

Arrrr Cap'n!

Something or Other

"Back on the air Jan. 11th"
Posted by Max Headroom on 11-20-09 at 10:36 AM
From USA Today's entertainment blog:

NBC has set a return date for Chuck. The action dramedy resurfaces Sunday, Jan. 11, at 9 ET/PT with a 2-hour special, then settles into its old timeslot, Mondays at 8, the next night, reports USA TODAY's Gary Levin.

agman 2009

"RE: Back on the air Jan. 11th"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 11-20-09 at 11:25 AM
Woo and Hoo. Happy New Year to me!

Posted by newsomewayne on 11-20-09 at 03:32 PM
AWESOME!!!

Posted by newsomewayne on 11-22-09 at 06:18 PM
I wonder how they're handling the recurring characters or Bryce Larkin and Steve Bartowski now that Matthew Bomer and Scott Bakula have new TV series of their own. Of course, those are both USA shows and they typically don't have as long seasons as the main networks, nor do they run on the same timetable, so perhaps that won't be an issue after all.

surfkitten siggie and board shop 2007

USA has some really great shows.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-04-10 at 02:00 PM
Next Sunday for 2 hours I will be sitting in front of my tv! woohoo

Posted by Max Headroom on 01-04-10 at 08:01 PM
Me too. DW is taping some crappy show Desperate Housewives on the TiVo, so I have to watch Chuck in real-time. That means I'll have to watch commercials!

"Play expert, you n00b." - Max's DS

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-06-10 at 04:23 PM
I can record two but have to have one of them on the right channel, so I record two while I watch one from the DVR. I can't stand watching commercials anymore.

Posted by grit on 01-08-10 at 09:40 AM
My daughter was really excited until she found out it's on from 9:00 - 11:00. She gets up at 5:30 a.m. for school so 11:00 is too late. We'll have to record it and watch it on Monday like we usually do.

She's so excited that she joined a couple of Chuck fan groups on Facebook.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-08-10 at 11:00 AM
Your daughter is one smart cookie!

Posted by weltek on 01-08-10 at 10:03 AM
Thanks for the reminder. Nolay is more the Chuck fan than I. He even put a Sarah wallpaper up on his computer last night to "get him in the mood for the season" Uh huh.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by Max Headroom on 01-08-10 at 01:11 PM
I think I'd like that wallpaper too.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-11-10 at 10:20 AM
I'm happy. *does happy dance
They kept the original Buy More gang minus Anna, which I'm ok with.

Killing off Emmett! I'm going to miss Tony Hale but Emmett, not so much.

And Casey *sigh oh my Casey. Have I mentioned I love Casey?

Can't wait for tonight.

Posted by weltek on 01-11-10 at 11:27 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-10 AT 01:25 PM (EST)

We still have most of the second hour to watch, but liked the first hour. I am worried Chuck will lose some of his disarming quirkiness with becoming more "professional," but I hope not.

I hope we still get to see Chuck's sister and Captain Awesome fairly often. I really like those two. It adds the wholesome element to Chuck.

ETA: Apparently Ellie and Captain Awesome are getting even MORE facetime this season. Rock on!

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by Starshine on 01-12-10 at 04:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-10 AT 05:52 PM (EST)

I liked the first three episodes, I sort of like the way that they are dealing with Chucks skillz, however I am still worried that they will be used as a deus ex machina.

Hoping that we see more captain Awesome, suspect that he will be the focus of episode 4, at least I hope so

Also a great shame that we didn't have some Jeffster at the party.

Arrrr Cap'n!

Something or Other

Ed because I hadn't seen episode 3 after all

Posted by Starshine on 02-01-10 at 07:00 AM
New series, darker Chuck, whilst the show is still running on its original fish out of water idea changing Chuck into an agent is removing the comedy from his area of the show, forcing the nerd herd to provide most of the humour which is not working for me.

Are we looking at a full scale clear out of Chucks non spy life, with Awesome wanting nothing to do with the spy game and Ellie and the nerd herd investigating?

I don't think this can end happily.

Arrrr Cap'n!

Something or Other

Posted by Tummy on 02-25-10 at 09:31 AM
I'm not liking the changes. At first I was ok with the progression but not so much anymore. It's almost like they have new writers, new writers that don't have the comedic timing of the old.

Cons:
I miss the old Morgan, they don't need to make him grow up. They're not using Jester to their best advantage. I'm not liking the developing romances. And you're right, Chuck's humor is missing. And NOT enough Casey time!

Pros:
We are getting to see more Awesome and Ellie.

*sigh

2patched in 2010

Posted by Max Headroom on 02-28-10 at 01:29 PM
Agree completely. It's not as good as past seasons.

Posted by Tummy on 03-02-10 at 11:32 AM
They're making it too much and too obvious about keeping the characters of Chuck/Sarah apart. I think Buy More needs it's own spin-off if they are going to continue to under-utilize the talent there. Poor Jeffester is relegated to un-humorous mumblings. And that's just wrong.

But...Casey was looking mighty fine last night. Don't you just love a man that is one of 5 in the world that can make a headshot like that!

Posted by Tummy on 03-09-10 at 04:07 AM
Last night was the best episode of the season I think. Jeffster was back!!! I think the show sadly lacks when the Buy More gang is left out.

Posted by grit on 03-09-10 at 09:03 AM
I love that Morgan finally knows and is so cool with it. But can he keep his mouth shut? Probably not - which will create some situations for Chuck and team to deal with.

Posted by Tummy on 03-12-10 at 02:31 PM
I'm glad Morgan knows too - I knew he'd react like that. The Buy More gang cracked me up this week!

Posted by weltek on 03-16-10 at 02:13 PM
I had to agree with DH that Sarah gets super-hot points this week. When she lowered herself from underneath that truck, I couldn't help but be enamored.

You must have been pleased with the Casey-centric ep.

-A Tribetastic Creation

"*kick"
Posted by Tummy on 03-16-10 at 06:07 PM
They'd better fix the Casey thing, dag nabbit.

There's a part of me that's not liking this season. *pout

"RE: *kick"
Posted by Max Headroom on 03-17-10 at 12:06 PM
There's a lot of me that's not liking this season. *pout

Posted by Tummy on 03-23-10 at 08:24 AM
We could see Casey taking the kill from 10 miles away but I'm still glad it wasn't Chuck.

That whole entire episode had to have been paid for by Subway. Just sayin'.

Posted by Tummy on 04-06-10 at 09:11 AM
Best episode ever!

If that had been the series finale I would have been happy with it. I kept looking for the Eiffel Tower out the window and they finally panned to it. Our wittle Chuck has grown up and man is he a sexy man. Of course, he's got a ways to go to catch Casey. If I could only get him to snarl.

Posted by sittem on 04-08-10 at 01:05 PM
I'm glad to see someone is keeping up with the show. I got a chance to see it this morning and it rocked. I am so glad to be rid of Shaw and move one. I wasn't sure I was seeing the way to get through this mess with Shaw, Casey, Sarah, etc. a few weeks ago, but things haved moved along nicely and adding Paris was a very special touch.

I can't wait for the next six episodes starting in a few weeks. I could have accepted last night as the last show, but moving ahead will be great. Hopefully the show can be saved for next season also.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Posted by Tummy on 04-08-10 at 03:25 PM
I read that that episode was meant to be able to close out the series as the network had only ordered 13. But then NBC came back and ordered 6 more episodes.

I too am glad that the Shaw story is over with. Can't wait for the next story arc.

I hear it's on the bubble again as far as cancellation but that it's doing better than most NBC shows. *crosses fingers

Posted by sittem on 04-09-10 at 02:36 PM
I read some really interesting interviews with "Sarah" and one of the producers. Here's a link for the Sarah interview and it has links to the other articles. Hopefully it'll work for you. You may have to register to view them, but I think they're worth it!

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2010/04/yvonne-strahovski-chuck.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+chicagotribune%2Fthewatcher+%28chicagotribune.com+-+The+Watcher+television+blog%29

Posted by Tummy on 04-27-10 at 10:17 AM
Such a good episode last night. Loved Jeffster Unplugged.

Posted by weltek on 04-28-10 at 12:41 PM
I loved the Texan newlyweds and Morgan's attempt to be Canadian.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by sittem on 04-30-10 at 04:50 PM
Jeffster never sounded better! And, great writing and planning bring Morgan's esoteric and generally useless knowledge into play in a way that helps the cause. What fun!

Fun also to have the mole give the proper love insight into the situation that freed up Chuck and Sarah to do what was right for them.

Great show! I hate that it took me all week to finally be able to download it and watch.

Posted by Tummy on 05-03-10 at 10:30 AM
I think they are intergrating the new relationship between Chuck and Sarah fantastically. The good thing about this show is that it has so many outstanding characters that the whole series doesn't just boil down to "will they or won't they get together". Heck, the Buy More gang could spin-off and be just as funny a sitcom as Big Bang or Modern Family!

And I do love how they're writing Morgan!

"Happy Girl"
Posted by Tummy on 05-17-10 at 05:49 PM
Renewed for Season 4! I'm such a happy girl.

Posted by Tummy on 05-25-10 at 09:27 AM
It was a so-so finale for me. I'm glad it's coming back next year or I would have been disappointed as the 13th episode was much better than this.

I hated that they killed off Dad.

Jeff and Ster stole the show. And how funny was Earth, Wind, Fire and Rain. *grin Buy More could have their own 30 minute sitcom and it would be as funny as Big Bang.