URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 739
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Simon Cowell on 60 Minutes this week"

Posted by robin88th on 03-12-07 at 03:16 PM
Did you hear that Simon Cowell’s going to be on “60 Minutes” this coming Sunday? I work at CBS and heard it’s quite some piece, i.e. Cowell actually gets his comeuppance. (it’s the March 18th show, on at 7PM on CBS).

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Simon Cowell on 60 Minutes this week"
Posted by agman on 03-12-07 at 08:48 PM
It might be nice to see simon get a taste of his own medicine.

Posted by geekboy on 03-12-07 at 09:13 PM
What kind of comeuppance does he deserve? What has he done wrong?

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

Posted by agman on 03-12-07 at 09:42 PM
Even though he is easily the best judge, because he doesn't sugar coat everything, people seem to think he's a jerk. Actually I think he's the one who is most like what these kids will face if they get contracts. Everyone seems to love to hate him.

Posted by agman on 03-12-07 at 09:43 PM
I guess that's my long-winded way of saying I don't think he has done anything wrong

Posted by priestdi on 03-16-07 at 02:47 PM

Just got an e-mail alert from CBS on this 60 Minutes:

Killing in Iraq has become so commonplace that the death of 24 Iraqi civilians -- including women and children -- at the hands of U.S. Marines has garnered little attention since the incident 16 months ago. Our first story, a double-length segment, changes all of that. For the first time, one of the four marines charged with murder in the case speaks publicly and in chilling detail about how and why he and his men could kill so many civilians. Staff Sgt. Frank Wuterich tells correspondent Scott Pelley how he shot five unarmed young men in their backs as they fled from a car that he says appeared about the same time a roadside bomb killed one of his comrades. He also recounts how, after concluding that rifle shots fired at them came from a residence nearby, he and his squad “cleared” that house and the one next to it. Inside those houses, three women and six children were killed. Iraqis on the scene have called the killings a massacre. Wuterich is sorry so many apparently innocent civilians had to die, but he rejects the word massacre and is adamant about his actions. “What I did that day, the decision that I made, I would make those decisions today,” he says.

On a completely different note, our third segment features perhaps the most familiar face in America right now. Nearly 30 million Americans watch “American Idol” each week; many to see its mean judge Simon Cowell drive hapless singing contestants to tears with his caustic comments. While they cry, Cowell is laughing all the way to the bank. The British music mogul gets a cut of all the record sales generated by the show, a hit-making machine now seen in local versions all over the world. Anderson Cooper spends some time with a man who readily admits his only talent is his ability to recognize it in other people.

These stories and Andy Rooney’s great newspaper round-up on 60 Minutes Sunday.