URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 733
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Brothers and Sisters (Season 2)"

Posted by KwietOne on 10-01-07 at 02:02 AM
My sister recommended this show to me, and I thought to myself...what's another show added to my Tivo schedule with 33 shows on it? Don't be shocked. In maybe a week or two, another 8 more shows will drop. Still, that's too much darn TV! I already dropped CSI Miami and Prison Break!

Anyways, on with the show. Ok, I'm hooked. What am I gonna do? I'm late to the party yet again. This show hit close to home because my sister's (the one who recommended it) fiance WAS in Iraq. I can't imagine what my sister was feeling while he was "over there". I can relate to this family!

surfkitten siggie shop 2007

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Brothers and Sisters (Season 2)"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-01-07 at 08:39 AM
Finally, a season premiere I'm not disappointed in! I tivoed it and watched it while putting my makeup on this morning. Big mistake! It's hard to put on mascara while you're sniffling.

I think alot of families relate to the Walkers. I know ours is loud and oppinionated like the Walkers and heaven help the poor scmucks that married into our family

Kwiet, rent the first season today and have a marathon before next Sunday.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 10-01-07 at 09:27 AM
Great first episode....so glad I remembered it was on...this timeslot is so hard for me, I just want to go to bed!

Wow...the cemetary scene. Turned out so much better than I expected. Nora calling William a "bastard". And then the gorgeous chick comes into the cemetary, making Holly and Nora wonder if she was going to William's grave as well.

Nora not wanting to answer the doorbell. Probably very realistic.

Kitty and Nora in the wedding gown store having a spat that is now on YouTube!!! LOL

Saul's old, I mean former, lover showing up at work.....

I don't remember one of the twins dying.

Minister going to Malaysia...

Washing machine sex!!!

Not ready for them to kill off Justin so fast. I hope it's a misdirection.

Kitty opening up her birthday gift from last year from her father, a pendant with "be strong" on the back of it.

Posted by djandy on 10-01-07 at 10:41 AM
>Nora not wanting to answer the doorbell. Probably very realistic.

I have a friend whose son is serving in Iraq, and she has asked that no one show up at her house unannounced without calling and warning her first. She panics whenever the doorbell rings thinking that it's someone coming to tell her that her son has died. And whenever something happens the military stops all communication home to prevent leaks which also panics the family when they haven't heard from their loved one in awhile. The families truly do serve along with the soldier.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 10-01-07 at 10:43 AM
Thanks for posting that...

Posted by KwietOne on 10-08-07 at 09:52 AM
Another great ep with alot of snarkiness coming from the Walkers.

While Kevin is trying to open Sarah's window, Kevin says, "butchest moment of my life wasted on my sister", "you can't start divorce proceedings that fast, you'll get the bends".

Just got the entire last season. I'll be catching up!

"Episode 2 October 7th"
Posted by aquariaqueen on 10-08-07 at 10:16 AM
Another great episode.

Loved the van ride listening to the radio!!!!

Kitty calling into the Luther Show. Kitty getting snarky with the campaign director....McAllister just sitting by enjoying his fiance.

Really enjoyed McAllister talking with Justin. Justin needed that.

The gal wanting a job, and wanting to fix Saul up with her aunt, and then switched to fixing him up with a man. Poor Tommy, he didn't realize how accurate she really was!

Nora, trying her best, not too overbearing,but getting in stride. Perfect ending with her embracing Justin as the pain sets in.

Tommy and the baby blues story has drug on long enough....bring it to a head, or get rid of this storyline.

Sarah can't catch a break...

Holly and Rebecca's relationship still baffles me.....

"RE: Episode 2 October 7th"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-08-07 at 11:39 AM
Just totally ditto what Aquariaqueen said. Especially liked the van ride.

Tummy

Veni, vidi, velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

"RE: Episode 2 October 7th"
Posted by KwietOne on 10-08-07 at 04:52 PM
HA! Especially the van ride!

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 12-04-07 at 09:00 AM
Has Brothers and Sisters lost all the lvoe?

I for one am glad that Kitty and Robert actually said "I do". For once a show doesn't use some lameass reason to keep them apart.

All the brothers and Nora's date being detained by Secret Service, too freaking funny A bit unrealistic that Nora's date would have ever been allowed in but still funny stuff.

Whoelse thinks Rebecca is going to wind up not being a Walker (which I think would be sad) just to open the door for a romance with Justin?

I like this season as well as the last.

winterized by agman

Posted by Loree on 12-04-07 at 09:44 AM
>Who else thinks Rebecca is going to
>wind up not being a
>Walker (which I think would
>be sad) just to open
>the door for a romance
>with Justin?

I had the same thought when Holly's old flame showed up. He will probably turn out to be Rebecca's REAL father. Rebecca and Justin have always had this flirtation relationship. Lena even accused Rebecca of being jealous of her relationship with Justin.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 12-04-07 at 10:35 AM
Yep, as soon as old lover came in the door, and asked who was in the picture....it's a Justin Lovefest!!!!

Posted by KwietOne on 12-04-07 at 06:40 PM
Not really - I've been thinking of posting, but I never seem to see this thread on the first page. So, what's the point of looking? But I'm happy you bumped it up to the first page!

Very funny how family members were gradually disappearing.

I'm so used to seeing Chevy Chase in a comedic role, and wasn't sure how his character would be written in the story - looks like he's being written out. Now, Peter Coyote seems a better fit in the storyline.

Then Ken Olin comes into the picture to play against his real-life wife, Patricia Wettig. I wonder if Rebecca is really the daughter of David and Holly? I think this DNA backstory will come back into play with hilarity to ensue with Kevin pulling Rebecca's hair again!

Will Kevin get back with Jason, or will he stay with Scotty, or will he ever find someone?

Poor Justin...gettin' sloppy seconds.

Agman did me!

Posted by flipxcyd on 12-05-07 at 08:07 PM
So, I see this in the Ausiello Report off TV Guide Online:

Question: Hope you're having a smurftastic day! Can you tell me what's up with Ken Olin's character on Brothers & Sisters?— Meghan
Ausiello: Anyone who reads this column with any regularity (and is proficient at dot-connecting) should know precisely what's (probably) up with Ken Olin's character. Case in point….
Question: OMG! Is ******* *o* a ******!?!— Joseph
Ausiello: I feel like a proud parent.

So, should I interpret this as, "Is Rebecca not a Walker"? It sure fits. I suppose Rebecca will be Justin's love interest after all.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 12-06-07 at 09:27 AM
I hope they make sure with a DNA test BEFORE Rebecca becomes Justin's love interest. There's only so many "ewwww" moments on tv that I can handle.

winterized by agman

Posted by Sues on 12-26-07 at 11:02 PM
DNA or no DNA I don't want to see Rebecca and Justin romantically involved. They've already bonded as siblings, to make that jump is too icky feeling, blood or not.

"RE: Brothers and Sisters (Season 2) - 1/13/08 Ep"
Posted by KwietOne on 01-14-08 at 02:26 PM
So, alot happened in last night's episode.

Nora's got a crush on Isaac, so she had to invite the whole family for dinner - what a disaster!

Sarah's and Steve Weber's character - romance in the future?

Tommy confirms what all the family's gossiping about, except he blurted it out as soon as Julia walks in. Oops...but then Julia confesses too.

Kevin sends and receives e-mail from Jason to meet again, but then towards the end of the ep, Kevin calls Scott and tells him about Jason.

Kitty and Robert fight over him not wanting kids (at this time). Robert argues with Kevin concerning Jason. Robert has to deal with the war veterans. Robert and Kitty receive damaging information about his opponent. His opponent bows out due to that damaging information. Is Isaac involved?

Justin is still in cahoots with Leah; confesses to everyone else he's still seeing her.

Rebecca wonders about David. Is he really his Dad, and not William?

It looks like this was the last episode written prior to writer's strike.