URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 732
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Moonlight"

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 09-29-07 at 10:37 AM
Okay, I have no taste. I freely admit this here and now. But I've missed Buffy and Angel and Spike and all the rest, so I'm very glad to see a new vampire genre show on air. And he's hot, as in sizzling, smoke my clothes right off of me...HOT. I liked it and hope it stays on.

Besides there is absolutely nothing else to watch on Friday nights.
I'm so not a Ghost Whisperer fan, and the late hour sucks also. So give me my 8 o'clock guilty pleasure.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Moonlight"
Posted by foonermints on 09-29-07 at 11:18 AM
I missed it! I had plans to record it but forgot.

Moves by CrabMan
foonermints always showing excellent taste in TV

Posted by arkiegrl on 09-29-07 at 03:37 PM
I'm so glad you posted this, Tummy! Over at the other board I frequent, everyone hated this show. I thought it was kind of fun. I think Mick is smokin' hot! I liked Josef, also.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 09-30-07 at 10:32 AM
I liked Josef too, had forgotten about him, but I did like him.

I'm hoping they give it a little time to build up steam, before deciding to bleed it dry.

Posted by KwietOne on 09-29-07 at 08:50 PM
I don't get all the negative reviews for this show. Am I in the minority here? I actually liked the show.

Numb3rs is also on after this show. I'm a late bloomer for this show. I got hooked after watching the season finale last season.

Posted by CTgirl on 10-01-07 at 08:42 AM
I liked it, but then again I've had a thing for vampires ever since Dark Shadows! The season previews looked good. Hope it lasts.

Here's an interview with cutie Alex O'Laughlin/Nick St. John about Moonlight: http://www.tvguide.com/news/070928-02

surfkitty sig shop 2007

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-01-07 at 01:20 PM
Thanks for the link CT. I'd love to see the original pilot. Hmm, wonder who Josef originally was.

Posted by buckeyegirl on 10-01-07 at 07:18 PM
I've only seen half of it, but what I saw I liked. Definetly is going to be a new guilty pleasure. For all of you Veronica Mars fans out there, my sisters told me that the guy who played Logan is going to be on the show.

Spookingly made by ARnutz!Ghost by the Great IceCat!

Posted by Bebo on 10-01-07 at 07:30 PM
I almost didn't watch my tape of the show after reading negative articles about recasting, reworking, rewhatever, but Mr. B really wanted to watch it. Glad I listened, because we plan to keep watching.

Posted by Glow on 10-02-07 at 12:20 PM
I'm right there with you, Tummy. I've missed Buffy and Angel. I am very happy to have a vampire on my television. I'm not sure DH was overly impressed with it but he'll stay interested enough to watch with me.

TG for my DVR because...

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 10-04-07 at 08:19 AM
Ok, I have a long standing vampire fetish. If there's a movie out there with vampires chances are I've seen it and more than likely now own it. I just heard about this show Friday morning and knew that I'd have to give it a try. It was a little slow moving but I'll definitely keep watching. Dude is hot. The blonde girl I remembered from Underworld and the ex-wife vampire is the DJ turned actress that starred in A Knight's Tale. I enjoy both of them as actresses. Here's hoping this one doesn't get yanked from the air due to the bad reviews!!!

Ghoulishly attired thanks to surfkitten!

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-04-07 at 09:37 AM
Ah, that's where I've seen the blonde! Thx Mags. I knew it was Sossamon (sp) but it didn't give a good look at her in this first epi.

Tummy

Veni, vidi, velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-19-07 at 05:08 PM
Tonight's epi looks especially good. I'm seriously crushing on Mick St John.

Tummy

Veni, vidi, velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

"One Woman Fan Club"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-27-07 at 10:00 AM
I am staying loyal to this show to the bitter end.

They took away my Roswell, ended my Buffy, terminated my Angel and I'm almost positive my Moonlight will get the stake, but I can't help myself....I love these characters.

agman lvoes me
and I know Roswell wasn't a vamp show but I'm still bitter over the demise

"RE: Two Woman Fan Club"
Posted by CTgirl on 10-29-07 at 08:32 AM
I love this show too. It's campy and suspenseful - the way I like my vampire stories! Mick and Beth are great together.

An Agman Nation Creation

"RE: One Woman Fan Club"
Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 10-29-07 at 09:39 AM
Don't fret Tummy, I'm still tuning in too! Maybe we three will keep it alive and going. LOL!

Ghoulishly attired thanks to surfkitten!

"RE: One Woman Fan Club"
Posted by Glow on 10-29-07 at 11:07 AM
make it four

"Make it 5"
Posted by CattyChat on 11-06-07 at 12:09 PM
I am ashamed to admit it, but I have been tuning in to this show since the beginning. First, I guess I must have a vamp fetish, because I tend to enjoy vampire shows, movies & books. Secondly, Mick is really hot and he plays his part well. Lastly, not much else on Fri nights, so plenty of time to watch.

I enjoy the whole storyline of these modern-day vampires and Mick as a PI. Some good thought put into all of that.

However, everything else is pretty laughable, especially how the tabloid "reporter" can enter all the crime scenes and has so much pull to get all the details from the police. I try to ignore all that, though. The actress does have great chemistry with Mick, but I think anyone would -- he is just so hot.

The actor playing the 400-year-old vampire friend of Mick's is really good, too. He looks so familiar and I can't place him.

It was Autumn & incessant piped the quails from shocks & sheaves;
like living coals, the apples burned among the withering leaves.
~~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"RE: Make it 5"
Posted by Snidget on 11-06-07 at 12:22 PM
I think this is the actor.

He's been on quite a few shows.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0230655/

"RE: Make it 5"
Posted by CattyChat on 11-07-07 at 11:19 AM
Thanks, Snidge. That's definitely him, but of all the shows listed, the only ones I watched were Boston Public & Picket Fences. I guess I must remember him somehow from his appearances there or maybe the commercials. Either way, I like him in Moonlight.

It was Autumn & incessant piped the quails from shocks & sheaves;
like living coals, the apples burned among the withering leaves.
~~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"11/9 epi"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 11-12-07 at 02:05 PM
So what's up with Coraline? Why doesn't she smell all vampy, and that was some damn fine makeup covering that tat!

And Mick? wow, he looked like a nerd in the 50's. How can someone that cute look that dweebish with a different hairstyle and some clothes?

And....I want Mick's fireplace!

agman lvoes me

"RE: 11/9 epi"
Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 11-12-07 at 03:15 PM
LOL! I was thinking the same thing about "dweeby" Mick. I was like....is that the same dude??? No more flashbacks with him looking like that mkay? It's ruining my fantasy's of him.

Hmmmm, maybe Coraline has found some vamp-smell-cover-up perfume/deodorizer? Ya know, like they have for cat pee smell?

surfkitten made my autumn leaves fall!

Posted by CTgirl on 11-13-07 at 08:55 AM
I thought the return of Coraline was great! It reminded me of Angelique from Dark Shadows. (She was a witch, not a vampire, and had the same love-hate relationship and power over Barnabus Collins, the vampire). The show needs someone like her to cause trouble.

This is actually the only new drama that I'm still watching. The idea is kind of cheesy, but I love Mick (I agree, hard to imagine Mick from the past maturing into such a sexy vampire!) and I love how they've been able to rack up the suspense every week.

surfkitty sig shop 2007

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 11-13-07 at 03:52 PM
CT, are you showing you're age? I vaguely remember Dark Shadows, my grandmother watched it when I was very young.

agman lvoes me

Posted by CTgirl on 11-13-07 at 04:16 PM
I could be showing my age!

It was also on the SciFi channel in the late '90s. I taped it and watched every episode then. It was remade and briefly on primetime TV in the '80s. (I guess you could say I'm a bit of a fan! I was in elementary school when Dark Shadows was on the first time and watched it a little then. My mom said she used to wonder if she should worry that her little girl was watching a vampire soap opera!!)

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 11-13-07 at 04:23 PM
I remember the remake, it didn't last long did it? I think I had just headed off to college when it was suppose to start and never caught it. Wasn't there some pretty recongnizable faces playing in it?

I've brought my mother over to the dark side. Even she can't withstand Mick's charm

agman lvoes me

Posted by CTgirl on 11-13-07 at 04:49 PM
Very short-lived. Ben Cross and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock) are the actors I remember.

When I googled Dark Shadows, look what I found from August 2007: Variety reports that Johnny Depp's production company Infinitum-Nihil and Graham King's GK Films are developing a new Dark Shadows feature film, in association with Warner Bros. Dan Curtis' former colleague David Kennedy will co-produce. How cool would that be if Johhny Depp was in it too! Johnny Depp would definately work as a vampire (and I just noticed your siggie!)

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 11-13-07 at 06:54 PM
He could bite me anytime

My siggie girl looks like she's ready to be bitten. Agman had future view

agman lvoes me

"Good news for Moonlight"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 12-20-07 at 11:12 AM
Samantha Who" and CBS' "Moonlight" - "have not significantly declined" among key ratings demographics since their debuts. "Both are winning their respective hours

The piece didn't say much more, but it seems there's a chance it will continue when the writer's strike is over.

Yay.

winterized by agman

"RE: Good news for Moonlight"
Posted by CTgirl on 12-20-07 at 05:22 PM
Yay!! Thanks for the info Tummy.

I forgot to record the last episode ~ but it is on cbs.com so I still have one more episode I can watch.

I know someone who knows Todds and she made me this cool siggie

"New episode this Friday"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-08-08 at 12:45 PM
I think this may be it until the writer's strike is done.

winterized by agman
I AM the Abbott of Vermont!

"It may not mean alot, but....."
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-09-08 at 09:21 AM

Moonlight wins PC for Fav New TV Drama. Yay. And the acceptance speech by Alex O'Laughlin? delectable They should have let him keep his true Aussie accent in the show!

ye be lookin' at an agman original matey...aargh
In honor of Depp and PotC wins

"RE: It may not mean alot, but....."
Posted by CTgirl on 01-09-08 at 01:54 PM
Oh, I wish I'd watched. That's a good sign Moonlight won.

And Alex O'Laughlin + Aussie accent =

This is as vampiry/PofC as I can get!

Posted by Bebo on 01-10-08 at 10:56 AM
*thud*

Oh.my.heck. First Dominic Purcell, and now Alex O'Laughlin with an Australian accent?

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 03-06-08 at 12:16 PM
I'm so glad this show will still be going strong!!! Yep, I'm still an avid viewer. I *heart* my DVR.

surfkitten made my autumn leaves fall!

"It's back"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 04-24-08 at 04:49 PM
Tonight. But I'm not sure I'm going to like it. The previews have Mick as going human. Ugh.

Agman took me to the islands

"RE: It's back"
Posted by Glow on 04-25-08 at 08:29 AM
"If you like him as a vampire, you'll love him as a human."

ummm. No. No, I probably won't.

another JSlice masterpiece

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 04-25-08 at 08:58 AM
Do I prefer Mic as a vamp....h*ll yes but at this point I'll take him anyway I can get him.

My future Rockers! Twins Blog

Posted by CTgirl on 04-25-08 at 03:57 PM
OMG, I would've forgotten to watch it or DVR it, if you hadn't reminded me Tummy! Thanks!

Mic is definately better as a vamp and all angsty over Beth but tonight will be good too.

Setup by Tribe

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 04-26-08 at 05:50 PM
*sigh Mick is so swooney

I loved this episode. I really didn't think I was going to but.....I did. I hope Joseph gets more screentime, I really enjoy his character.

Happy Fridays!

Agman took me to the islands

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 04-28-08 at 09:32 AM
Ok, I totally forgive them making Mic human this episode so we could get that dreamy beach scene. *drools*

My future Rockers!

"*sob*"
Posted by CTgirl on 05-16-08 at 05:42 PM
I just read on TV Guide online that Moonlight was not renewed for next season.

How oh how are we going to get our Alex O'Laughlin fix???!!!

I'm bummed. It was a really fun show and had some great stories in addition to getting all swoony over Mick.

By O'Agman

"RE: *sob*"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 05-16-08 at 07:31 PM
What!? It wins an award for Best New Drama and doesn't get picked up?! SOB's!

Tonight's the finale

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 05-19-08 at 02:23 PM
That really, really sucks!!! We should flood the station's home office mailbox with fake vampire teeth.

My future Rockers!

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 05-19-08 at 03:52 PM
I read somewhere they were talking of doing a blood drive Which would be good even if it didn't bring back the show.

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 05-20-08 at 08:23 AM
Now that's a great idea and I would absolutely donate my blood for this. Pre babies I used to go every 3 months and donate like clockwork.

My future Rockers!

"Ray of Hope?"
Posted by Snidget on 05-27-08 at 02:23 PM
http://blog.zap2it.com/korbitv/2008/05/quick-tv-fix--1.html

"Moonlight Vigil: Alex O'Loughlin enthusiasts tell me this weekend's MoonlightCon, held here in L.A., was a great success. Die hard fans were more than pleased to welcome Harry Werksman, one of the show's co-executive producers, who said that the Sci-Fi channel is indeed interested in picking Moonlight up. However, talks are still ongoing, and nothing has been determined as of yet"

"RE: Ray of Hope?"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 05-29-08 at 04:12 PM
*crosses all fingers and toes oh please, oh please, oh please....