URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 729
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Private Practice"

Posted by mrc on 09-27-07 at 07:32 AM
*yawns* Worse than the pilot. Totally made me lose respect for Addison's character.

Sigs by Bob about chalk dust. Pretty exciting stuff

Table of contents
  • RE: Private Practice,Bebo, 07:38 AM, 09-30-07
    • RE: Private Practice,CTgirl, 08:35 AM, 10-01-07
  • RE: Private Practice,DRONES, 02:53 AM, 10-03-07
  • RE: Private Practice,Ahtumbreez, 09:41 AM, 10-04-07
  • Episode 2-October 3,aquariaqueen, 10:11 AM, 10-04-07
  • RE: Private Practice,mrc, 08:48 AM, 10-23-07
    • RE: Private Practice,Ahtumbreez, 09:34 AM, 10-25-07
      • RE: Private Practice,aquariaqueen, 10:16 AM, 10-25-07
  • RE: Private Practice,mrc, 01:09 PM, 11-15-07

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Private Practice"
Posted by Bebo on 09-30-07 at 07:38 AM
Finally watched the first ep. I'm hoping it can improve. With such an amazing cast, plus two lovely pieces of eye candy named Tim Daly and Taye Diggs, I want this show to succeed.

I was in tears during the tile counting story. The others were eh. But it was obvious during that scene that Amy Brennaman and Paul Adelstein have a long history together (I think I read they've done lots of theater together over the years), because their characters' friendship works. They feel like they have a history.

And while I lvoed Merrin Dungey on Alias, I do think replacing her was the right idea, because Audra McDonald is terrific. I'm still trying to figure out whether I think she's terrific as Naomi, but I think she fits better with the other actors.

Why does ABC have to give my eye candy such meh shows? Tim, Taye, Michael Vartan, and Dylan McDermott all deserve better than what I saw this week.

Posted by CTgirl on 10-01-07 at 08:35 AM
Finally watched the first ep. I'm hoping it can improve. With such an amazing cast, plus two lovely pieces of eye candy named Tim Daly and Taye Diggs, I want this show to succeed.

Ditto, although I'm not encouraged that the thing that sticks out in my mind is the Chief from Seattle Grace saying "I'll keep your job open as long as possible."!! I did read on the TVGuide.com blog that Sondra Rhimes said the second show was better and the reviewer agreed. I'll watch it again.

surfkitty sig shop 2007

Posted by DRONES on 10-03-07 at 02:53 AM
Ally McBeal light staring Kate Walsh? I won't be watching it again.

DRONES

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-04-07 at 09:41 AM
Ok, this was better. I cried. and I do really really like Tim Daly. So I hope it keeps getting better.

Tummy

Veni, vidi, velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

"Episode 2-October 3"
Posted by aquariaqueen on 10-04-07 at 10:11 AM
It looks like they're getting closer to hitting their stride. I'll still watch for another episode.

I do like the multi-dimension to each patient case.

The crazy old lady still disciplining her son, and then realizing she was disciplining her grandson as well!

Switched babies at birth.....so tragic. I am still not sure how you wouldn't realize that child wasn't yours. Didn't the healthy mom (non C-section) get a chance to see her baby on day one and realize on day two it looked differently?

Stripper lady storyline got a little old...but......

Posted by mrc on 10-23-07 at 08:48 AM
I recommend that Shonda dump everyone except Addison, Tim Daly, and Taye Diggs and start over . . . by moving them to Grey's Anatomy.

I also like the chief at the hospital. She is a real firecracker!

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 10-25-07 at 09:34 AM
I second that motion. Last night was Booooring.

agman lvoes me

Posted by aquariaqueen on 10-25-07 at 10:16 AM
I keep watching, but noticed that I am getting up and putting things away, straightening up....I don't do that if I really like a show!!!

Posted by mrc on 11-15-07 at 01:09 PM
I'm still in a holding pattern with this show.

Poor Tim Daly can't catch a break. He gets on a show that is doing okay, and the writers go on strike.