URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 729
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"New Jerri Skank Preview"

Posted by Emma Peel on 02-27-01 at 00:32 AM
Did anyone else just see the Survivor commercial that just aired around 11:30 pm, central on 2/26? Jerri talking animatedly about her ultimate sex fantasy involving Colby and chocolate..the commercial ends with Colby throwing a bucket of water on Jerri, who is sitting up on something like a lifeguard stand..Colby just walks away. I would too. I hope she goes down screaming this episode (no pun intended).

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: New Jerri Skank Preview"
Posted by DivaByTheSea on 02-27-01 at 10:44 AM
Are you serious? I can't imagine MB doing a commercial like that? Was it a preview for the show? I haven't heard this one.

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

Posted by ItzLisa on 02-27-01 at 11:00 AM
>Are you serious? I can't
>imagine MB doing a commercial
>like that? Was it
>a preview for the show?
> I haven't heard this
>one.
*** I would think that we'd have seen that in the previews for episode 6.... not saying you're mistaken, only that it's a tough one to figure out!

****************************** "I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas." (Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy)

Posted by TGman on 02-27-01 at 11:18 AM
I just caught the end of it when I was flippin' channels last night. I only saw that part where Colby was tossin' the bucket of water at Jerri. The commercial itself was kinda odd though. The "voice-over" seemed like it was done by someone different than whoever usually does it, but who knows.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 02-27-01 at 12:37 PM
I caught the last 4-5 seconds of a Ep 6 promo during the end of Letterman show last night (about 12:30 EST) that I had not since before -- it ended with Jerri talking and then a cut to Colby saying something like "fat chance"

...beyond that, I have no clue was the topic was about or how long the spot was.

Posted by Rudyrox on 02-28-01 at 06:53 AM
Yes, it's definitely a different voice-over person. This guy voice sounds a lot like the guy who used to do the voice over trailers for the CBS daytime soaps. (It's been so long since I watched daytime TV I have no idea if he's still around)

I'm not sure why they took a new approach to this trailer.. it seemed to try and take a sexual approach rather then a dramatic one like the others ads. It's basically showing Jerry talk about her "Sex and Chocolate" fantasy and how it involves Colby. It shows a little bit of Colby and her flirting but the very last scene is Colby saying "I ain't no Hershey bar".. or something to that effect. It's an odd promo all around.

Posted by samiam on 02-28-01 at 12:26 PM
I think since the last promo focused almost entirely on Kucha, they wanted to give us something else to chew on.

This one focuses on Ogakor. Disregard the order in which the clips are played in the promo and piece it together logically. We see Jerri (with Amber behind her) running with something in her hand. However, this cannot be part of any challenge because (A) that's not her "challenge" outfit and (b) she's not wearing her bandana, as they must do outside of camp. I think they went to get the treemail, read it, and went running back to camp to share the news.

In the shots where she is on the structure, she is wearing her tribal bandana on her left wrist, so it is a challenge. Which one? I'm assuming, according to this theory, that it's the RC.

I think this is all film related to, and of, the reward challenge this week...and I think the reward is chocolate. This would account for all the chocolate fantasy talk, as well as the kicker for the ad "The sweetest Survivor yet". It ain't Jerri and Colby being "sweet" on each other. It ain't "sweet revenge." It's chocolate.

I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating. -- George W. Bush

Posted by Rudyrox on 02-28-01 at 02:56 PM
Yeah, you're right. I looked at the scene with Jerry running with something in her hand in slow motion (Replay TV has great slomo) and it's a scroll... like the ones they get to tell them what the challenge for the day is going to be. I'm pretty sure that is her running back from checking the 'mail'.

I think you have the reward thing pegged!

Mary

Posted by Minstrel on 02-28-01 at 01:02 AM
This is possibly what the CBS web site is promoting as someone stopping a fight. But that's a guess. It does seem logical that Keith and Jerri "get into it" again. Maybe a Kimmi and Alicia confrontation? You heard it here first!