URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID77
Thread Number: 723
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The LOST death pool"

Posted by moonbaby on 05-05-10 at 10:02 AM
Please note: This thread may contain spoilers since it involves characters that are...well...dead. I'll put the current dead at the end so it doesn't ruin anything for the peeps that haven't seen the latest episode yet.

I'll start it off with what we know based on last night's episode.

Missing, presumed alive:
Ben
Miles
Richard
Desmond

Wounded:
Sawyer
Kate

With the bad guy:
Claire

Stayin alive:
Jack
Hurley

Dead:
Sayid
Sun
Jin
Lapidus? Where did he go?

Did I forget anyone? I'm not counting Widmore. I don't like him much so I don't much care right now

I think Jack, Desmond and Hurley make it to the end along with Miles and Sawyer. Richard? I know he's supposed to never age but I think he's a goner, I don't know how. Kate will get a massive infection, hallucinate, and die. Claire will betray Smokey and pay the price. Ben? Hmmm. Can't think of how he'll die, probably killed by one of Widmore's people by doing something selfless and heroic to save some of the other people. What happened to Lapidus? Is he dead?

Who are your candidates for the death pool? How do you think they are going to die?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The LOST death pool"
Posted by weltek on 05-05-10 at 01:37 PM
Not at all speculating, just wishing.

A Jack, Ben, Desmond, Hurley foursome on the island would be entertaining.

Serioulsy, though. I think it comes down to Jack and Claire being the two most important to live. I'm sticking with my family lineage guess.

And I doubt they'll kill EVERYONE else. Hurley and Desmond, me thinks, are a shoe in for living. I think it will be ironic that Ben will live. Sawyer is a huge question mark. The audience is invested in what happens to him. Everyone else? Doesn't really matter.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by J I M B O on 05-06-10 at 11:18 AM

Interesting on the family lineage angle.

What if it turns out Jacob and Smokey are family? (Adam and Eve from season 1 their parents??)

Then they kill Locke and EVERYONE else but Jack and Claire are left, with Smokey taking over Claire full-time. Starts the whole game over again...

Oh, and hi stranger.

"Yep"
Posted by moonbaby on 05-06-10 at 11:50 AM
I'm in the Smokey and Jacob are brothers camp. I agree that Claire may be protected by Smokey only because she is his spare body. One of my friends suggested maybe she was pregnant with a little baby Wispy. Ew

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 05-06-10 at 06:34 PM
Is the major character death spoiler allowed here? I'll put it in spoiler font. There are no definite names for anyone dying if you choose to look, just a list of candidates.

SPOILER - highlight

A reliable spoiler says had a list of 14 people to choose from for 8 deaths through Episode 8.16. The sub was known to account for 4 of them, and Ilana made 5.

Kate and Jack were not on the list. Ilana, Lapidus, Sun, Jin, Sayid were.
This spoiler doesn't cover the Finale.

So three of this remaining group will be toast in the next two episodes:
Ben, Richard, Miles, Widmore, Zoe, Sawyer, Hurley, Claire, Desmond.

I vote out of preference for Widmore and Zoe. For Richard to die there must be a Rule change. Miles or Ben are possible. Miles is the most disposable although I like him a lot, but Ben would have more impact. Claire would be a real shocker. I will want to hurt someone if it's Desmond.

Spec only:
I think that Claire, Hurley, Sawyer are a shoe-in along with Jack and Kate when it comes to being alive in the Finale. I think that Sawyer has a good chance of dying nobly in the Finale, just because he has sacrificed himself before, but I would prefer that they don't go that way.

No one will die in the Alt, IMHO. If not everyone will be in the Alt Happily Ever After, then it's weird how Jack has so much going on there. Kate, OTOH, has no great future in the Alt unless she proves her innocence, which I guess could happen, so I could see her staying on the island.

It's possible that Kate is a Candidate and Jacob crossed her name off to divert UnLocke's attention off of her. I think she is more likely to become Eve than Claire. She is played by Evie, so that would be apropos. I think Claire should end up with Aaron in the Alt world.