URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 722
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"BUNCHING"

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 12-08-04 at 07:43 AM
God DAMN I am sick of all the bunching. Let's see what "bunch" points we had last night.

1. At the tower. This kinda backfired on the producers, as half the teams didn't bother to actually go TO the tower and check the opening time. But that was the plan.
2. At the airport. Pretty much everyone got on the same flight, except Jonathon/Victoria, who still met up with them in Paris.
3. At the graveyard. Everyone gets there late at night, but can't get in until morning.
4. At the ferry to the pit stop. 5 teams met up at the ferry, and if Don/MJ and Gus/Hera hadn't gone fishin, they would've been there as well probably. As a result, we're going to have 5 teams leaving within minutes of each other.

Why not just tie all the teams together and have them travel in a big line? This has to be why they've started giving trips to EVERY first place finisher- so there's actually incentive to try. Otherwise, why push yourself to finish first when all you really have to worry about is not being last, since you know everyone will get caught up at some point in the leg.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"concurrence within"
Posted by cqvenus on 12-08-04 at 08:49 AM

i completely agree with draco.

this is the first entire season of TAR i'm actually watching, and i was wondering how they dare call this a race if all the people have to really worry about is not being last.

it makes viewers new to the show think the producers are a bunch of tools. wait... oh, yeah.

~ cq

not feeling festive enough yet to bring out the xmas siggie

"RE: BUNCHING"
Posted by seahorse on 12-08-04 at 08:51 AM
It was the absolute worst this week, but remember the producers ultimate goal is to keep the race close so that there is sme drama and that we are not sure about the outcome. THis week they did outdo themselves with the amount of bunching, however.

Posted by Oscirus on 12-08-04 at 08:58 AM
They definately need to cut the crap. With all this bunching they are just taking all of their wildecards out of play. I mean whats the point of using the yield when it is a pretty safe bet that bunching will occur soon after. then again I can see their point olin/ christie owned the race and o never mind.

Posted by creativelyinsane on 12-08-04 at 09:18 AM
Ahhh... and add to the bunching the constant "X location doesn't open until X time."

Bunching at the airports and train stations are annoying, but unavoidable. Bunching at landmarks IS, and these producers need to quit sending people that get to leave at 3am to places that don't open until 7am. They know when planning the race that the racers are going to be able to finish at odd times in the afternoon and therefore leave in the middle of the morning, yet I have yet to see them actually start a leg with a destination that's open at that time.

C'mon, guys... let some of the teams get a good head start for a change. Make this a true race!

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 12-08-04 at 08:54 PM
>Ahhh... and add to the bunching the constant "X location doesn't open until X time."

>Bunching at the airports and train stations are annoying, but unavoidable.
> Bunching at landmarks IS, and these producers need to quit sending people that get to leave at 3am to places that don't open until 7am. They know when planning the race that the racers are going to be able to finish at odd times in the afternoon and therefore leave in the middle of the morning, yet I have yet to see them actually start a leg with a destination that's open at that time.

>C'mon, guys... let some of the teams get a good head start for a change. Make this a true race!

I agree, the start of the race would have been better if it started at 5 or 6 am. Can you imagine the look on the first place runners then if they tried waiting to 10?

Posted by gatortod on 12-08-04 at 10:15 AM
I agree that this episode had plenty of bunching.

Interestingly, if you look at the departure times for the groups at the beginning of Ep 4, the first team left at 2 am and the last team at 7:30 am. The teams did not seem that far apart in Ep3.

Without bunching, we would not have a race as teams would be 12-24 hr ahead of each other.

"Town Tower in Stockholm"
Posted by trigirl on 12-08-04 at 10:29 AM
This might have been an occasion when the producers hadn't counted on as much bunching. The stupidity of the lead groups! Would you not go and check the sign for yourself?!?!

I did a quick check on travelocity and there are a few flights that leave Stockholm earlier than the 11:30 Air France flight the gang all took. If the yahoos that left the pitstop at 2:00 am had been to the tower at 7:00 am as planned, they might have been able to get to the airport by 8:00 and been underway.

"RE: Town Tower in Stockholm"
Posted by Ontario TAR Fan on 12-08-04 at 10:39 AM
Then why were those teams like Team Wuss that were at the tower at 7am not able to get a better flight?

Posted by trigirl on 12-08-04 at 10:52 AM
Good point...maybe it took them too long to get to the airport. The high speed train that goes directly to the airport is faster than driving.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-08-04 at 11:50 AM
Because Adam was too busy crying that it distracted him and Rebecca from actually focussing on the task at hand, that's why.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff
Posted by Risti on 12-09-04 at 03:51 AM
Admittedly, I'm not an expert on these matters, but couldn't some of those flights have been full? Same-day booking and all?

Posted by warp_core breach on 12-08-04 at 11:49 PM
Yeah, what is it with this season of TAR? Last night was the worst but bunching has occurred an inordinate amount of times this season.

YAWN...

Posted by KObrien_fan on 12-09-04 at 06:48 AM
I agree that the bunching is disgustingly overdone this season moreso than ever. It also gives the teams that are in first place a disadvantage. Think about it this way. You leave a comfy cozy resting place at the pitstop to get up in the middle of the night, travel to your destination and find that it is not open for another 6 hours. Now do you sleep on the ground outside? If you go to a hotel you have to pay to get a room and therefore are at a disadvantage (unless they get extra money for this but I don't think so), though most teams curled up on couaches in the lobby (which I don't know why a hotel would allow this unless it was a special arrangement).

But even still, the other teams get a decent nights sleep at their pitstop and do not get interrupted and have to chose the ground or a couch. Interrupted sleep like that is worse than no sleep in many cases for certain people.

2004 ASS Trivia Champ

Posted by KMan on 12-13-04 at 10:38 AM
I was thinking the same thing. If I was a team that had 6 hours before someplace opened, I might even head back to the pitstop to get some free shuteye without having to go to a hotel.