URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 720
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"rich girls"

Posted by MollyTV on 11-08-03 at 07:31 AM
does anyone else LOVE this show? i held out til this week and then i happened to catch the "graduation" episode and the "prom night" episode...i cannot wait until the marathon...i am hooked.
i think ali is a sweetheart...she seems to be such a great friend.
i like them because they are real friends and do seem to care about each other.
as for that michael...what a jerk..i agree with jamie's mother.
but poor jamie ..she is going to have to get her heart broken more than once with this guy. what a user....she is so hung up on him... and he knows it..
talk about crocodile tears from him...puhleeze.
molly

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: rich girls"
Posted by ginger on 11-10-03 at 03:39 PM
Will pretend I watch MTV shows like this because I am bonding with teenage daughter, but of COURSE I am watching this trainwreck. Neither girl is exactly a Hiltonesque beauty. Ally is quite funny (vaginal relaxation techniques discussed during pedicure) but Jaime (or however the rich spell "Jamie" these days) is pathetic. Not a pretty girl. Reminds me of Torrie Spelling - all that money and that's the best she can look. She asked for it with the blonde cutie who has a girlfriend - the one who was Mrs. Robinsoned in a rather extreme encounter with the Rich ##### Moms at the party. Why sit there watching the guy make out, for heaven's sake? Plus, I loved the way she blathered on about how important academics were and then claimed Ben Franklin was the "inventor of the light bulb." These girls are HONOR students?

Was that actually Simple Minds performing at the party, BTW? And isn't it amazing when you watch him do the pathetic-old-white-guy-dance that Tommy Hilfiger is the patron saint of hip hop fashion?

Posted by sbeck on 11-29-03 at 04:55 PM
I LOVE this show! It's hi-freakin-larious! I didn't watch until the fourth episode, so I hope they repeat them some time soon.

And I totally agree with you that Jaime is unattractive. Guess that Frederic Fekkai, Nars, Kiehl's, and Prada can't make everyone gorgeous...

Posted by MollyTV on 11-30-03 at 08:22 AM
i love that jaime isn't embarrassed by her "old dad"...
too funny...he can't hear and he is clueless but they do at least respect him...i hope it isn't just cause of the money.

and you are right she can't buy good looks! that frown is always there...
molly
glad i have a cohort.

Posted by babydoll126 on 12-09-03 at 04:01 PM
this show is hilarious! i loved it when ally said "my dad like invented cargo pants!"

Posted by ginger on 12-09-03 at 05:46 PM
He is also personally responsible for the popularity of the colours red, white and blue in this country.

Hilfiger is so LAST century...

"Moms Gleicher has Issues"
Posted by ginger on 12-15-03 at 02:51 PM
Yes, I know she has MS, but she still makes a number of horribly inappropriate comments to and around her daughter. Her taking Michael to task at the party was icky, her smooching with the dogs is really icky, her encouraging the dog to hump her leg (while her daughter's friend looks on in disgust) is uberdisgusting, her telling Ally to have an affair with her son is wince-making icky, and her announcement that she can't commit suicide because then who would take care of the dogs was beyond belief.

No wonder her daughter looks like a depressed grouper all the time.

The mitzvah that is my signpic courtesy the genius that is our own JSlice. Such a nice girl! Now, have some more borscht.

"RE: Moms Gleicher has Issues"
Posted by kelli_blue on 12-18-03 at 07:19 PM
The show certainly makes Ally and Jamie look like airheads, doesn't it? Yet, there I am, still watching each week!

I agree that mama Gleischer does have some issues.

Posted by ginger on 12-22-03 at 04:07 PM
What did Pops Gleicher do to become rich? I heard something about luggage?

The mitzvah that is my signpic courtesy the genius that is our own JSlice. Such a nice girl! Now, have some more borscht.

Posted by ShelleyBug on 12-24-03 at 09:43 AM
Jaime's dad created Innovation Luggage. Unfamiliar with it? Well, Innovation Luggage owns many other companys that I'm sure you HAVE heard of; including Timberland, Jansport, High Sierra, Eagle Creek, Samsonite, Skyway...the list goes on and on and on.

"well, kind of"
Posted by weltek on 12-26-03 at 12:54 PM
Innovation Luggage is a retailer and doesn't own those brands/companies from my understanding. I know VF Corporation owns Jansport, so I assume others on the list are also owned by other corporations. IL is just a retailer of all those brands.

"RE: well, kind of"
Posted by Katiepops on 01-03-04 at 03:47 AM
About the girls attractiveness.. I think neither is that cute. I wonder aloud each time why Ally has all that money and still has huge protruding teeth. Jamie is nothing special either. A little chubby and looks more like a girl you went to school with instead of a rich girl. As for the Hiltons, I do not think they are that attractive. Paris is but her sister Nicky is very unattractive with ugly features (rich or not).