URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 716
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Blood Ties"

Posted by bullzeye on 08-27-07 at 09:08 AM
Anyone watching? I watched the 2 hour premiere last week and can't decide if it is worth investing in any further especially as FOX is running repeats of Prison Break in the same timeframe in anticipation of the PB premiere.

Unlike Angel, the focus seems to be on the female private investigator, and we don't really have a sense of why he is a "good" vampire. No gypsy curses being brought out yet.

I also found in interesting that they are making no attempt to mask where the show is being filmed. With the CN tower displayed in many scenes to the reference to the Toronto Sun, I guess they are setting the show in Toronto instead of pretending it is Chicago or New York. Strange, I know that there are HellMouths in Sunnydale and Cleveland, but didn't know that there was one in Toronto.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Blood Ties"
Posted by Glow on 09-06-07 at 10:16 AM
ack! I was just thinking about this show because of the new CBS vampire show coming this fall. I caught an episode of this on Lifetime by accident and I kept meaning to watch it because... well, because vampires are yum. You reminded me to check for reruns.

oh crap. You're in Canada, eh? I think I read somewhere at some point that Lifetime wasn't sure if they were picking up a second season. You're not watching it on Lifetime are you?

whoa. There's a Hellmouth in Cleveland?

"RE: Blood Ties"
Posted by bullzeye on 09-07-07 at 09:23 AM
Hi Glowie!!

Interesting - since I first posted this, I found out that Blood Ties aired in the US last year but not in Canada. Which I found really strange as most Canadian productions usually start here and if they are successful, they may make it down to the US.

The Cleveland reference was in the season finale of Buffy - as the gang realizes that the Sunnydale Hellmouth has finally been destroyed, Giles says that they could always go to Cleveland as there is a Hellmouth there. This prompted a lot of speculation that Josh Wedon would launch a new series around Faith set in Cleveland.