URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID77
Thread Number: 714
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""

Posted by mrc on 04-11-10 at 06:25 PM
Please keep spoiler discussion in this thread prior to the episode's airing. I will post a separate thread for post-episode discussion.

Ep. 6.12 "Everybody Loves Hugo" (Hurley-centric)

Hurley agonizes over what the group should do next, and Locke is curious about the new arrival to his camp.

Guest starring: Harold Perrineau as Michael, Cynthia Watros as Libby, Francious Chau as Pierre Chang, Lillian Hurst as Carmen Reyes, Bruce Davison as Dr. Brooks, Kenton Duty as teenage boy, Samm Levine as clerk, Jesse Smith as waiter and Archia Ahuna as Tito. Written by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz. Directed by Dan Attias.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.12: "Everybody Loves Hugo""
Posted by Flowerpower on 04-12-10 at 07:24 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-10 AT 07:28 AM (EST)

The promos are located here

Everybody Loves Hugo Episode Info
Complete Episode Guide: Everybody Loves Hugo Guide
Season: 6
Episode: 12
Flash-Sideways Main Character: Hurley
Hurley's Stories

Synopsis:
(From ABC Television Network) Hurley agonizes over what the group should do next, and Man in Locke is curious about the new arrival to his camp.

Press Photos are located here

Posted by trigirl on 04-12-10 at 11:14 AM
Libbbbbbbbbbyyyyyy

Posted by Flowerpower on 04-13-10 at 03:14 PM
A preview for "Everybody Loves Hugo", here

Posted by mrc on 04-15-10 at 02:39 PM
This is spoiler info for me, b/c I never realized that MIB couldn't lie:

He adds that we needn't worry about the safety of Hurley, Jack (Matthew Fox), Frank (Jeff Fahey) and Sun (Yunjin Kim). " did give them their word that he wasn't going to do anything. It's been established that he has to keep his word," says Garcia. "So if he gives his word, then he's bound to it."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Lost-Jorge-Garcia-1017310.aspx

Posted by PackMan on 04-15-10 at 07:28 PM
He may have to keep his word and follow the rules, but he can always look for a loophole.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

Posted by michel on 04-15-10 at 09:42 PM
MIB did lie to Richard when he said he was dead.

I think Garcia made a mistake about the plotline: MIB cannot kill the candidates so that's why "we needn't worry about the safety of Hurley, Jack... and Sun." I'd say Frank's safety is due to his ability to fly the plane.

Posted by trigirl on 04-16-10 at 09:42 AM
If that's the case, then I'd see Richard, Ben and Miles were (conveniently) smart to avoid a visit with XLocke.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 04-17-10 at 01:18 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-10 AT 01:21 AM (EST)

>>> I never realized that MIB couldn't lie:

well, keeping one's given word is not the same thing as inability to lie. The two are quite different really.

I can see how "a pledge cannot be broken" could be part of the "rules." Not that I understand the rules at this juncture, or how they came about. Lying, OTOH, may be a fair part of any strategy game.

In fact, if you think about the nature of giving your word, there is an unspoken implication that people are unstable, change their minds, deceive others, and cannot be trusted to maintain a stable course -- and that is precisely why the concept of pledging one's word as a gentleman or king (or smoke monster) or on one's soul or the life of a loved one came into being. Because it is necessary to give assurances that cannot be broken -- in order to attain trust. And if it was ever known that you broke your word of honor, then you would never attain trust again.

Ultimately it is more valuable to be able to secure trust than to take an advantage gained one time only by breaking one's word -- even for an enemy. That is the cynical viewpoint. There are of course those who will keep a pledge simply because it's the right thing to do.

Posted by michel on 04-17-10 at 02:47 AM
Still, MIB gave his word that he would always be there if Richard ever changed his mind. When Richard did change his mind, we saw that MIB ignored him because Jacob had already been killed.

Through Claire and Sayid, MIB told Dogen that he would be safe if, first he stepped outside and talked with him or if he left the temple before sundown. Dogen wisely didn't go talk to MIB because he would most likely have been killed. Afterwards, Sayid didn't give him until sundown to decide what to do. In fact, we heard that MIB needed to have Dogen killed to enter the temple.

MIB can lie and break his word unless the writers forgot what they wrote. We've often seen errors in continuity but I think it's more probable that the actor misread the script.

Posted by trigirl on 04-17-10 at 08:43 AM
Still, MIB gave his word that he would always be there if Richard ever changed his mind. When Richard did change his mind, we saw that MIB ignored him because Jacob had already been killed.

Ahh, I interpreted this differently. I thought that XLocke just arrived a little late. He was there to 'claim' Richard, but Hurley\Jacob beat him to the punch.

Posted by zombiebaby on 04-17-10 at 07:06 PM
and I thought that Isabella was MIB!

So MIB was in fact "there" for Richard!

Posted by michel on 04-17-10 at 09:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-10 AT 09:34 PM (EST)

Maybe Trigirl's interpretation is the right one even if I doubt it but Isabella being MIB? I don't buy it, especially considering that, after "talking" to her, Richard became adamant in preventing MIB from leaving the island.

ETA: The main point was that, if MIB cannot break his word, we've missed a major plotline. We only heard he cannot kill the candidates, not that he can't lie or break his word. I'd rather have Garcia making a foolish mistake rather than a complete lack of continuity by the writers

"ODI Podcast Recap of "Everybody loves Huge""
Posted by Flowerpower on 04-20-10 at 10:30 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-10 AT 10:51 AM (EST)

Just listened to the podcast from ODI which was a recap of their thoughts following "Everybody Loves Hugo"

Here are things they noticed:

*Pierre Chang hasn't aged....very Richardesque

*Hurley never got a "reflection in a mirror or glass" moment. Was it because he got his "reflection" with the reflective Man of the Year speech? Or, did he not have to look in a mirror to see the real him as he was the one character that didn't lie...even when they deceived the world about the other 815 survivors left on the Island, it was Hurley that didn't want to lie, and in the end came clean.

*Desmond is the character that since he's "enlightened", he's now taking on the Jacob role. He is the one going around and manipulating all of the Oceanic 815 passengers, giving them a nudge.

*The word "well" was said 33 times in the show...

*Hurley wore a grey hoodie sweatshirt jacket when he went to see Libby at Santa Rosa, and Michael wore a grey hoodie sweatshirt jacket when he came to see Hurley at the graveyard.

***Red color represents the dead. Perhaps a third party in this show is the collective character of the dead, and now they are able to influence our Losties. Very interesting scene when Hurley is in the rec room of Santa Rosa, there is a shot of a patient playing Connect Four. It is a brief shot that shows the red has beaten the black. So, this tells us that the red team - the island dead that are stuck there because of what they did - is first of all against the black team, MiB's team. So, we have the white team, as aligned with Jacob, the black team, as aligned with Smokey, and now the red team, the island dead. The white team and the red team are both opponents of the black team.

*Everybody in the alternate world seems to be heading toward St. Sebastian where Jack is, the last recruit.

*They are frustrated as we are, because they wante the Lost characters that we love and are invested in to unite and kick some ##### TOGETHER. So far, the only character that seems to be doing anything is Desmond.

*As to why Desmond ran over Locke at the schoot:
1. Desmond remembered what Locke did to him when he threw him into the well on the island.
2. He wants to kill John Locke so MiB can not come into the sideways world.
3. Desmond wants to give John Locke a near death experience so he can see the Island world
4. Wants to send him to be together and meet up with Jack

Does Desmond know that Locke can't die? If he really wanted to kill him, why didn't he shoot him in private or something, why did he run him over at the school? Was it to get he and Ben to Jack at the hospital? Also, which came first? Locke threw Desmond into the well because Des ran him over in sideways, OR, Des runs over Locke because he knew that XLocke had thrown him into the well....

What does the well represent?

*We have seen Locke flat on his back many times in the series....after the plunge out the window, on the lawn with the sprinklers, in the pit with the dead Dharma bodies...

Back on the Island....

*Hurley places a red flower on Libby's grave

*Talked about Michael who was always a tool and a victim...we was there to give a warning as he is the representation of the whispers, the dead, the third character in this show. He has knowledge of a specific outcome and he provides a warning....to help the white team beat the black team.

*The whispers have knowledge that the Losties never had, they know what will happen if you do or don't do something....red team has advance knowledge.

*What is the agenda of the red team?

*Jack becomes a man of faith when he puts his trust in Hurley

*They think that Sayid is NOT completely a zombie and that there are signs of Sayid....like when he didn't kill Zoe when getting Desmond....also when he questioned XLocke as to where he was going with Desmond. They have some hope for Sayid.

*Desmond has complete enlightenment and therefore is at peace and has no fear, almost like he knows that Locke can't touch him.

*The felt that the mysterious boy is Jacob. Interesting that Desmond and Sawyer could see the boy, but Richard couldn't. Could it be that Desmond is a candidate too?

*They commented on the moment that the Losties came in to XLocke's camp and Jack sees XLocke for the first time...XLocke purposefully said, "Hello Jack", but didn't really say anything to the others there. They talked about how XLocke may see something in particular in Jack and they commented on the episode, "Stranger in a strange land"....that something that woman saw that was dark inside Jack, that even Jack doesn't know is within him....
***I had to go back to Lostpedia and read up on "Stranger in a Strange Land", and Jack's tatoo translates to He walks among us, but is not one of us. He received the tatoo from the girl he befriended and occassionally slept with who was able to look into people and see them, and then do a tatoo for them that explained who they were. When Jack stepped outside with his new tatoo, people that had befriended him attacked him violently....hmmmm, very interesting.

ETA: LOL....the title of this post has a typo in it...instead of typing Hugo, I typed Huge....totally innocent, maybe it was subliminal, but definately not intentional!

"RE: ODI Podcast Recap of "Everybody loves Huge""
Posted by CTgirl on 04-21-10 at 08:49 AM
Thanks for that recap FloPo. I've never heard of ODI before.

I liked their insight into the red team. If they are correct, then Michael was giving Hurley good advice not bad. If they have advance knowledge and they are working with the white team, then the white team should win in the end!