URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 710
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Colby is in town!!"

Posted by moonbaby on 07-18-01 at 09:50 AM
Today from 12-2 WPLJ is sponsoring "MEET COLBY" in Bryant Park in NYC (6th Ave btwn 40th and 42nd St). WOO HOOOOO!! See you there!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Colby is in town!!"
Posted by Survivorerist on 07-18-01 at 12:19 PM
Oh cool moonie! I take it you're going to this? If you are, maybe you could report to us about meeting him. I hope you get his autograph!

"I don't think we're being cocky, I just think we're the best."
- Survivor 1's Colleen Haskell

Posted by moonbaby on 07-18-01 at 12:36 PM
I'm going, SirE, I dare *anyone* to try and stop me I'm getting there late, though, so I don't know if I'll actually get to meet him. <But if I do? OMG! Squeeeeeaalies!> I'll let you know!

Posted by Drive My Car on 07-18-01 at 01:35 PM
Grab his ass moonie!!!!!!!!!

EBug

Posted by moonbaby on 07-18-01 at 03:04 PM
Oh well, that was a bust got there too late to participate in the "win a dinner with" but it looked like 2 little girls won the contest (various hoop games and a spin the wheel thing), and he was very sweet with them. They were just lovin him up! He looked great, very trim and tan, had on tan shorts and a white T with the logo of the company he was there representing. The park wasn't too crowded so he was only about 15 feet away, but he was so busy with local tv news interviews that there wasn't enough time to just hang around and maybe actually meet him. Wah. But my friend said "OOO he was LOOKIN at YOU!" This little groupie went wheee wheee wheeeee all the way home! LOL!!

Posted by Survivorerist on 07-18-01 at 05:57 PM
I'm glad you had a good time today moonie! I'm sorry you arrived late too. But if it's any colsolation, at least you didn't spend the day doing housework.

"I don't think we're being cocky, I just think we're the best."
- Survivor 1's Colleen Haskell

Posted by Survivorchick on 07-18-01 at 09:05 PM
Funny you said that Surv. Incidentally, I spent my day doing housework. How come Colby never comes to Vancouver? Those New Yorkers get ALL the good stuff.

Survivorchick

Posted by moonbaby on 07-18-01 at 10:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-18-01 AT 10:48 PM (EST)

Well I wanted it all, Chisk, but I couldn't even get close enough to him to try it! If I see him around town I'll send him your way!

Posted by ItzLisa on 07-19-01 at 09:26 AM
Moonie, I listen to WPLJ in the morning when I'm getting ready for work, too! I thought of emailing you yesterday, but didn't know if you'd get it in time by the time I hopped on the computer! Glad you got to see him after all!

Posted by LadyT on 07-19-01 at 09:43 AM
I am so jealous! I so wish I could have been there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
while she wants to be the Queen
and she thinks about her scene
pulls her hair back and she screams
I don't really want to be the Queen!
~Meet Virgina~

Posted by northernlights on 08-10-01 at 01:01 PM
Hey survivorchick - looks like Canada is getting a turn. I realize this is kind of late notice and you being from Vancouver are a long way from Toronto, but I heard a commercial last night that Colby and Roger will be at Canada's Wonderland (north of Toronto) on Saturday, August 11th. I think the times were 2:30 and 6:30 but don't quote me on that. Would have loved to see both Colby & Roger but unfortunately I have other plans and I am about four hours north of Wonderland. I hope that if anyone does get a chance to see them that you will share your fun with us.

Can't wait for S3 to start! As you can see I haven't done much posting (I've been reading since the end of S1) but maybe once the new season starts I will be ready to jump in. You all seem like nice people (well most of you anyways) and hopefully my asbestos suit will shield me from any flames that might come my way!

nl

Posted by Drive My Car on 08-10-01 at 01:36 PM
Welcome northernlights.
Glad you decided to post with us.
Stick around S3 is coming up quick. In the meantimes come on over to the OffTopic board, it really isn't that scary. Just dive right in.

EBug

Posted by darbygrl on 07-20-01 at 09:49 AM
Hey at least you saw him in the flesh!!
Well you WISH you could have seen all his flesh, however, live is better than in the papers!!!!!
Woo hoo for you!!!!

<>

darbygrl