URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID103
Thread Number: 71
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"11-12 Episode - Four Months Ago"

Posted by trigirl on 11-13-07 at 08:39 AM
I had forgotten how bad Peter's hair really was. Are makeup and hair on strike too? That wig was awful. Enough filler?

I love Adam\TK whomever he is. He wins the HRG Mr. Ambiguity award for 2007. Good guy? Bad guy? He held up his end of the bargain with Nathan.

Someone had posted that they thought Mama Petrelli's power was convincing and that she usually touched her 'subjects'. There certainly was a lot of camera time devoted to that last night. I think you are right.

<sigh> DL <sigh>. My only hope is that he can cross through from the other side.

Elle=annoying.

Still bored with Maya and Miguel. Enough already.

bouncey by Ice

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: 11-12 Episode - Four Months Ago"
Posted by Max Headroom on 11-13-07 at 09:10 AM
After reading the comments made by Tim Kring (creator of Heroes), I agreed with his assessment that this year's show hadn't measured up to last season. Well, last night's episode was a step in the right direction. For the first time this season, seeing the "To be continued" bothered me. Greatly.

Talk about ambiguity-- after watching Elle in action, why would a self-proclaimed "good guy" like Bob keep someone that vicious and manipulative near him? And the Haitian is ambiguous too; just who does he work for? If he's a loyal company man, why did he let Peter go? And I wonder what Elle thought about that...

Did anyone except me find it odd that DL could survive a gunshot once but be killed by a gunshot the second time?

I didn't need the back story of Maya and Alejandro either. I'd much rather have seen the last 4 months for Sylar, who's at least an interesting character.

Did we get some foreshadowing of Claire's role after seeing how Adam's blood healed Nathan Petrelli? It can't be that simple. It just can't.

Posted by emydi on 11-13-07 at 09:22 AM
Me too!! There's only 3 eps left.

Elle is Bob's daughter imo. She's AntiClaire...what HRG was afraid would happen to Claire if she was in company's hands all those years.

Yes Adam is very interesting...I ffed through a lot of the 1671 Japan stuff...so I'm glad he has a better role now. Anyone want to give me a quick lowdown on his and Hiro's relationship now? I hope Hiro goes back to his old self

I love the Haitian...he is "beholden" to Mrs. Petrilli he said last nite he owed her. Tri you may be right about Mrs. P's power...she sure can be manipulative and persuavive.

With DL I didn't think he could stop a bullet, just he was lucky like the doc said...but the 2nd time wasn't a charm...but not sure. I like DL but not Nikki/Jessica/Gina

So Nathan heard the meet spot? Was he outside the Montreal apt at end of show?

"Adam and Hiro"
Posted by PagongRatEater on 11-13-07 at 09:51 AM
Catching you up on Adam and Hiro, the relationship is definitely complicated and that's why we're unsure as to Adam's allegiance. Hiro convinced Adam to become the Kensi (sp?) hero he was supposed to be and revealed to him his powers. He even lined up the princess as Adam's romantic interest. Unfortunately, she ends up falling for Hiro and vice-versa. Adam finds them kissing, feels betrayed and vows to never forgive Hiro even though Hiro says he will never touch her again. Adam repays Hiro's betrayal with a betrayal of his won by turning him over to the evil rebels. As the camp is exploding, Hiro tries to save Adam but he turns his back on the offered hand of friendship and 'dies' in the explosion.

Does he still hate Hiro? Is he out for personal gain again, as he was when we first met him? Only time will tell, but I think the ambiguous shaded character will turn out to be the bad guy this time.

I'm a man of my convictions
Call me wrong
Call me right
But I bring my better angels to every fight.
You may not like where I'm goin'
But you sure know where I stand
Hate me if you want to
Love me if you can

"RE: Adam and Hiro"
Posted by emydi on 11-14-07 at 09:33 AM
thanks for update I think Adam is a bad guy too and is using the sweet Peter Nathan has to watch over his little bro

Posted by realitycoholic on 11-21-07 at 03:40 PM
Okay, I'm a bit confused--and it could be because we just "found" Heroes during a marathon of last season's episodes a couple of months ago and got hooked but watched them not in order.

So,

Adam = Kensei?

If so, how did he get to the modern world? Does he have the ability to pick up other's gifts like Peter?

Help!

**Work of arzt by PhoenixMons**

Posted by bullzeye on 11-22-07 at 09:54 AM
Yes, Adam was Kensei.

We know that Adam has the same power to regenerate as Clair, but we do not yet know if he has other powers. We sense he might, when Peter sent a blast of electricity at him, which he simply absorbed, but that could have been his regeneration powers.

He got to the modern world the usual way - he aged into it. According to Mrs Petrelli, Adam is 400 years old. This again has to do with his regenerative powers - his cells would simply recreate, thus never aging.

Another Arkie Masterpiece! Is that woman talented or what?

Posted by realitycoholic on 11-24-07 at 07:28 PM
Thanks for the clarification Bullzeye. Since I posted this I watched the last episode--yikes! I guess this means that Claire will never die, unless she gets that part of her brain skewered. Hmm, that's a way to kill any of the regeneration people--Sylar included...

I'm ready for the Maya and brother arc to conclude as well. Not a compeling story for me and the least attractive of the "gifts"...

**Work of arzt by PhoenixMons**

Posted by iatovttotx78 on 11-13-07 at 11:12 AM
Personally, I would have liked a little information about what happened between Parkman and his wife. At the end of last season they seemed OK, but at the beginning of this season they were splitsville. I know that we saw a little flash of the Matt back story when he was interacting with his dad a couple weeks ago. But time wasted on Maya and Miguel could have been better spent on the Parkmans.

Crafted by sharnina

Posted by dragonflies on 11-13-07 at 11:57 AM
After spending the past week getting caught up on Heroes, I was about 3 weeks behind, I now am really looking forward to the next 3 episodes.

I think Adam is a bad guy. He wants to save the world and change history. But I believe he wants to change it to suit his purposes of getting back at Hiro.

Whoever said that about Mama Petrelli the other day was spot on! It was clear to me when they focused on that whole hospital scene with Nathan's wife.

I think Nathan was outside that door in Montreal.

As long as Peter continues to be a main focus, I will be happy.

swoon

Enjoy the day God gave you - the late Jessica V

"Nathan"
Posted by PagongRatEater on 11-13-07 at 12:39 PM
I've already deleted it, but I got the impression that Nathan was at the Irish pub where Peter had been holed up and that he is tracking his brother down (perhaps with some guidance from the Haitian?).

I'm a man of my convictions
Call me wrong
Call me right
But I bring my better angels to every fight.
You may not like where I'm goin'
But you sure know where I stand
Hate me if you want to
Love me if you can

"RE: Nathan"
Posted by bullzeye on 11-13-07 at 03:29 PM
I am pretty certain it was the Irish pub that we saw Nathan looking at, which would make sense if he was tracking his last moevements.

Another Arkie Masterpiece! Is that woman talented or what?

Posted by zombiebaby on 11-13-07 at 12:05 PM
I wonder if the name "Adam" has signifigance. He is one of the original 12 right? Didn't Bob say that when he told Mohinder that he escaped? Because of how Adam looks(young) could it be possible everyone has descended from him? How does he time travel? Does he piggy back on Hiro without him knowing or does he have other powers too? Why couldn't they use Peter's blood on Nathan? Wouldn't he absorb the powers that Adam has?

I missed how DL died(baby had to go into the steamy bathroom as she had a bit of croup last night). Is that another personality for Nicki?

Good episode. Left lots more questions. Good catch on Mama Petrelli.

Arkie's Art! He's real and he is looking for you!

"Thank you, Tim Kring!"
Posted by geg6 on 11-13-07 at 04:02 PM
Well, Heroes is back with all cyliders firing, IMHO.

That was exactly the ep we've all been wanting and we finally got it.

Too many thoughts about what this ep opened up in terms of story and character and too little time today to post my thoughts. Just a couple of quick things:

1) Get rid of Hispanic twins. They suck, they're boring, and I don't give a royal crap about them. I hope Sylar kills and viciously mutilates them both. I'd rather have DL's sister or niece or whatever she is back. She's 1000% more entertaining and interesting and she at least has a connection to people we give a carp about.

2) I never watched Veronica Mars, so I have no way of evaluating this actress other than through this part. And I feel exactly the same about her as I do the Hispanic twins. She's boring, she's annoying, she's juvenile and immature, and I just really don't care. Get rid of her ASAP. I.don't.care.about.her.

3) I didn't much care for the China stuff, but I know I'm going to love Adam. I still don't know if he's good or bad, but I don't care. He's so good he's bad and he's so bad he's good.

4) Whoever called Mama Petrelli's power was spot on. Congratulations!

"How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day? I answer that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it." - Henry David Thoreau

"RE: Thank you, Tim Kring!"
Posted by HobbsofMI on 11-13-07 at 10:35 PM
I agree 110%......

1. The twins and Elle have got to go. I hope Nathan or Clair or the Haitian kicks her butt good.

2. I'm thinking Adam is good and Bob is bad...why else let Elle do as she wanted and when she killed the Irish guy, she did so for fun.

3. Yes, we missed Parkman and our Doc but I think those were filled in on the on-line comic.

4. HRG and the Haitian are going to kick butt too.

I can't wait and I want the writers back now.....don't end it in 3 weeks for the season.....

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Pepe and bouncy by IceCat

"RE: Thank you, Tim Kring!"
Posted by iatovttotx78 on 11-14-07 at 00:02 AM
I guess I will have to go read the comics to find out about the Parkmans

Crafted by sharnina

Posted by pinksparkleguitar on 11-13-07 at 08:06 PM
It was Canada Girl who brought up Angela Petrelli's powers of persuasion in the thread about the 11-5 episode. Just had to go find it since she deserves a shout-out for the good call!

Shar saves the day!

Posted by HobbsofMI on 11-13-07 at 10:36 PM
Lets here it for Canada Girl!....hip hip hoara....

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Pepe and bouncy by IceCat