URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 708
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Burn Notice"

Posted by djandy on 07-16-07 at 11:00 AM
I'm enjoying USA Network's new show Burn Notice. The spy who was "burned" is sarcastic and resourceful. It's fun watching him try to figure out the longer term myster of why he was burned (and who did it), while taking on shorter jobs in the meantime. I don't like Gabrielle Anwar's Irish accent that comes and goes (if she can't do it consistently they should have made her a former MI6 agent or something since she has a British accent). Sharon Gless looks like she's having a ball playing Michael's mother, and the mother-son relationship makes for some amusing scenes too. Overall, a great summer series. They made 13 episodes, and hopefully it will be renewed next year.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Burn Notice"
Posted by Ice 9 on 07-19-07 at 12:51 PM
I'm really, really enjoying this show. Jeffrey Donovan is great. The accent thing was a little weird, especially in how they explained it. Apparently she decided to sound more American if she's going to be living in Miami. I find the whole thing odd, because Gabrielle Anwar is English. Maybe her American accent is better than her Irish accent? Who knows? The only thing that bugs me about the show is the camera work. They need to drop the number of stop-action moments by about 75%. It looks gimmicky and loses its effect for the 3 times each episode that it's actually warranted.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 09-25-07 at 05:24 PM
Count me in on the few around here that lurves me some Burn Notice! Was so glad to see it would be back next summer

Posted by Bebo on 09-25-07 at 08:43 PM
Mr. B and I lvoe this show. We're just bummed we have to wait so long for it to come back.

Really liked the last episode. Nice resolution (rescuing Sam) while having a big cliffhanger (whose truck is that???).

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 09-26-07 at 08:09 AM
My exact thoughts too Bebo. And are there ties to Zena Warrior Princess I'm not aware of? It's been a long time since I've seen Lucy Lawless and Bruce Campbell on the same show And I'd love to see Jeffrey Donovan in something before next summer. Ack.

Posted by Bebo on 09-26-07 at 09:57 AM
I read an interview with Lucy Lawless, and she said that Bruce Campbell recommended her for the part, since they had worked together and he knew she was interested in also getting to play parts that showed some vulnerability (even though it was all an act!).

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 09-26-07 at 12:55 PM
I like her, though the shallow part of me does not like the blonde hair. Yes, I know.....shallow.

"Series Finale"
Posted by dabo on 09-12-13 at 04:08 PM
Tonight!

Final season has been extra brutal. Anyone else still watching?

"RE: Series Finale"
Posted by dabo on 09-12-13 at 10:40 PM
Wowzers!