URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7057
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"SurvivorBlows Tribe, Time To Vote: S17 Week 6"

Posted by dabo on 10-28-08 at 11:07 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-08 AT 11:10 PM (EST)

It's Time To Vote!

But first a Disclaimer (for lack of a better word):

I try to keep spoilers and speculations out of the inititial post in the voting thread in order to not influence the votes of, particularly, non-spoilers. Because everyone is welcome to vote here, everyone. Non-spoilers can bring up this post and vote in reply easily without reading anyone else's posts, they are more than welcome to do so.

That doesn't mean spoilers and speculations aren't welcome in your replies, they are. We are very interested in whatever you have to say, always have been. The nature and rules of this thread doesn't reward that in any way but that is the reality, we want to hear from you.

The reason I mention all this this week: ever since the end of last week's episode, via the promos, we have been inundated with the fact that this week there will be two tribals, both tribes will execute someone, there are even two chances at immunity whatever that means.

So, this week, simply as a suggestion, I encourage everyone to list a New Fang bootie first and a New Kota bootie second: for example "Ken/Randy" If you actually believe there will be two boots this week. You don't have to do it that way if you don't want to, of course, I'm only mentioning it because the production promos are like very two-boot this week. We cool with that?

The Rules

1. Put the name of your choice for this week's boot IN THE SUBJECT HEADING! This is easy, just erase the bit where it says "Re: SurvivorBlows Tribe, Time to Vote..." and replace with your vote, e.g., "Randy!"

Or, for example, if you think this will be a two-boot week: "Randy and Bob!" It doesn't matter which order you put them in unless it matters to you.

This makes it easier to tally votes quickly and accurately, if anyone bothers to do any tallies. Nicknames are tougher to tally unless they're really obvious without actually reading your post and sometimes not even then.

Other things you want to vote on, who wins what challenge, biggest fish out of the water, how many HIIs are there, who falls for Sugar this week, these should go in your post not in your subject line.

2. Reply ONLY to this post! We like a nice straight vote thread around here. Don't take it personally, we're just OCD that way.

EXCEPTION TO RULE 2! VOTE CHANGES!

If it just so happens that you want to change your vote for any reason, REPLY TO YOUR OWN POST! Your new post heading should read, for example, "VOTE CHANGE: Ace!" (Or perhaps "VOTE CHANGE: Ace and Bob!")

3. THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD, DO NOT TREAT IT AS SUCH! There are plenty of places on the Spoilers Forum to debate the merits of people's arguments. Let's keep it out of here, please.

But please feel free to discuss the logic of your vote in your own post, cast all the extra votes there you want, we are interested in what you have to say.

4. No sig pics! We're really OCD about vote threads, we want everyone to be able to play. This could theoretically become a very long thread, the fewer graphics the better.

5. Have fun! That's why you're here, right!

The DAWs!

New Fang Tribe (Red)
Ace Gordon (Kota/New Fang)
Crystal Cox (Fang/New Fang)
Jessica "Sugar" Kiper (Kota/New Fang)
Ken Hoang (Fang/New Fang)
Matty Wittmore (Fang/New Fang)

New Kota Tribe (Yellow)
Bob Crowley (Kota/New Kota)
Charlie Herschel (Kota/New Kota)
Corinne Kaplan (Kota/New Kota)
Dan Kay (Fang/New Kota)
Marcus Lehman (Kota/New Kota)
Randy Bailey (Fang/New Kota)
Susie Smith (Fang/New Kota)

Michelle Chase (Fang)
Gillian Larson (Fang)
Paloma Soto-Castillo (Kota)
Jacquie Berg (Kota/New Fang)
Danny "GC" Brown (Fang/New Fang)
Kelly Czarnecki (Kota/New Fang)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Crystal/Susie"
Posted by vince3 on 10-28-08 at 11:25 PM
pending more info.

"Dan/Sugar"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-29-08 at 02:39 AM
just guessin'

"Crystal/Dan"
Posted by suzzee on 10-29-08 at 08:27 AM
I wonder about Crystal though, she could shine in this basketball/keep away challenge and finally validate herself by winning an II.

"Dan/Crystal"
Posted by emydi on 10-29-08 at 09:36 AM
And Ace wins II and gives Susie (or Bob) the II

"Crystal/Susie"
Posted by Q on 10-29-08 at 09:42 AM
I think if Ace wins, he will protect Susie over Dan as she can be brought back into the fold post merge. That would give Ace, Matty, Susie, Sugar and Ken a fighting chance.

"RE: Crystal/Dan"
Posted by flystorms on 10-29-08 at 09:47 AM
Crystal will get it by votes or by bounceback if the idol is played.

Dan is a dolt. The editors have been setting him up for the fall for a while. If for some reason he gets immunity though, Susie should go.

"ace/dan"
Posted by b1whois on 10-29-08 at 11:45 AM
this is according to my insider analysis. my guess at how this happens is that marcus wins immunity (in a one-on-one with ace) and gives it to matty. fang votes out ace because he is strong. it is a blindside.
see the insider thread for more of the logic behind my guess this week.

"Crystal / Susie"
Posted by Brownroach on 10-29-08 at 12:31 PM
Crystal is the odd person out at Fang.

It looks like Ace, not Matty, is going to win the individual immunity, and I'm not sure Ace would give immunity to anyone on old Fang. So Dan and Susie may both be vulnerable at Kotex's TC.

However, we know that Randy thinks Susie has gone far enough, and Randy is being edited as a player. I think he will convince Marcus that Dan should be kept over Susie. Dan may be annoying but he is still an asset in challenges for now.

"Crystal & Dan"
Posted by Estee on 10-29-08 at 12:48 PM
Get rid of the two biggest total challenge non-threats.

"Crystal/Dan"
Posted by esquire on 10-29-08 at 03:12 PM
Chrystal is not part of the Fang alliance.

Its just Dan's time

"Crystal/Dan"
Posted by CTgirl on 10-29-08 at 03:22 PM
They both have been given an upswing in negativity the past few weeks. I think their stories are over.

"Crystal/Dan"
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-29-08 at 05:24 PM
Could be Susie at Kota, but I think that Matty may give the IN to the weakest link, Susie, leaving Dan vulnerable. His boot has been set up for us for weeks. If Susie is the boot it is clearly because Dan has won immunity, or been given immunity...

"Crystal/Susie"
Posted by Corvis on 10-29-08 at 07:32 PM
I don't think Dan's story is over yet. Susie has never had much of a story.

"Crystal/Dan"
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 10-29-08 at 08:56 PM
Going with Crystal because it is just your time. Sorry to see you go, but I have to say I was a bit disappointed in your challenge abilities. I expected so much more from an Olympic Gold medalist! Why, Amber Brkich Mariano could have kicked your butt in any of those challenges!

Also ... we've seen all of the foreshadowing for a Dan boot. I'm thinking Matty or Ace will win individual immunity and he will pass that on to either Susie or Corrine, leaving Dan ... well let's just say "exposed."

"Crystal/Susie"
Posted by whoami on 10-29-08 at 10:13 PM
Just guessing.

"Crystal/Marcus"
Posted by Georjanna on 10-30-08 at 00:17 AM
Last week I said that from my point of view – if you click and then scroll to the chart labeled The Schemes, you’ll see that six of the six times that the majority combination of Elements (E&W or F&A) has enjoyed a +60% to -40% casting advantage, that majority has reached the Final 10 with a 7 to 3 (or better) numerical advantage – the next three boots would be from this six-member group:

CURRENTLY AT KOTA
Marcus and Randy

CURRENTLY AT FANG
Crystal, Kelly, Ken and Matty

Now, I’m not a ‘numbers’ person. But I do have a fatalistic respect for their sterile righteousness. So, I have to think that, although it is possible that the seventh time that this casting scheme was employed it produced a different F10 split, it most probably did not.

And I have a lot more respect for the numbers (and for the casting team that produced them) than I have confidence in my boot choices. For instance, last week I chose Crystal as the boot from Fang because she was the least needed (by the other five) of the six. So, of course, this week I’ve chosen her again as the boot from Fang because she is now the least needed (by the other four) of the five.

Then, after careful review of – one – clip in which Marcus and Charlie tie Randy’s precarious fortunes at Kota to his professed ability to manipulate Matty and – one – clip in which a (perhaps) ‘paranoid’ Dan appears to suggest to a (perhaps) ‘alienated’ Bob that Marcus be booted, I flipped a coin.

G

"Crystal/Susie"
Posted by dabo on 10-30-08 at 00:21 AM
I honestly cannot think of one reason why Ace would protect anyone on New Kota who actually needs protection.

"Vote Tally #1"
Posted by dabo on 10-30-08 at 01:31 AM
Compiling 17 dual votes and no other posts:

New Fang Tribe:
Crystal . 15
Sugar .... 1
Ace ....... 1

New Kota Tribe:
Dan ..... 10
Susie .... 6
Marcus .. 1

all others UTR.

"HEY CRYSTAL & DAN..."
Posted by Round Robin on 10-30-08 at 01:35 AM
...it's time for you to go!

I think the hidden II, whether or not it is played, will be a major factor in the boot decision at NewFang, and that plus her surprising klutziness at challenges bode ill for Crystal, which sucks for me because I like her. And Dan being too much of a pig at mealtime is always a major no-no at Survivor, and will seal his doom at NewKota.

"Sugar/Dan"
Posted by TruthyRuthy on 10-30-08 at 03:50 AM
Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I am hardly an analytical genius and my memory is not what it used to be, but I can't remember a time when a Survivor promo laid out every vote for the potential bootee as it did for Crystal. So I got to thinking that it's quite possibly a red herring and am choosing Sugar to go from Fang. Dan's edit has not been good, and common sense says that if Kota has to boot someone it will be a former Fang member and likely the most annoying of the three.

"Crystal/Dan"
Posted by Max Headroom on 10-30-08 at 09:24 AM
It's too obvious, which makes me nervous, but these two sure look like the next bootees.

"Crystal/Dan"
Posted by MDSkinner on 10-30-08 at 10:09 AM
No clue. Just going with the pack.

"Crystal/Dan"
Posted by redbeard103152 on 10-30-08 at 10:59 AM
The Olympic champion finally comes to the end of her run. There was a reason we were shown the negative things about Dan. EPMB was setting up the boot for us.

"Crystal / Dan"
Posted by kary1371 on 10-30-08 at 11:01 AM
No time to read the spoilers. So going with the majority

"Crystal/Dan"
Posted by kingfish on 10-30-08 at 11:18 AM
For an Olympic track and field gold medal winner, Crystal doesn't have much stamina.

"Ace/Dan"
Posted by sol on 10-30-08 at 12:15 PM
The castaways have to believe that merge will happen after the double boot - if they don't I do. Therefore this is the time to get rid of a couple strong players.

Dan is strong in being a real pain in the, ummmm, where you sit. He'll be more of a challenge in IIs than Susie, Susie stays.

Crystal hasn't really proven to be a strong player, Ace has. And just to be different ... Ace is in the hole.

"Vote Tally #2"
Posted by dabo on 10-30-08 at 02:12 PM
This is post #27 compiling 25 dual votes and one previous vote tally.

New Fang
Crystal . 21
Sugar . 2
Ace . 2

New Kota
Dan . 18
Susie . 6
Marcus . 1

all others UTR.

Welcome aboard, TruthyRuthy!

"Crystal/Dan"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-30-08 at 04:14 PM
Crystal because she's old Fang and the old Fang members are the reason for the Curse of the House of Fang ... and she spills the rice, and she makes excuses, and she was featured in the TV guide this week. Last chance to showcase the Olympian?

Dan because his boot story is he opens mouth and inserts foot and does the paranoid scramble dance spelled out in Clue #2 (deleted). Must go before merge, classic story line for potential challenge hog.

"Crystal/Dan"
Posted by sugarbooger62 on 10-30-08 at 04:19 PM
I'm voting Crystal and Dan. They're both messing with the food supply and that's a big NO-NO. Although I will have to say that sol brings up a good argument for getting rid of Ace instead of Crystal, but I think Marcus wins the IC and the "twist" is he gives it to Ace at Fang's TC

"Ace/Dan"
Posted by Bebo on 10-30-08 at 04:36 PM
alt: Crystal/Susie

Dan is the obvious choice for me. He's already shown his paranoia, and we've been shown the reasons to keep the other two nuKota around instead of him.

Fang is a little more tricky...the title suggests that Sugar is the key for whatever strategy takes place. Well, if Crystal is indeed the boot, whould CBS hand her to us on a silver platter by laying out Sugar's votes? And Crystal wasn't in the initial vidcaps. Yes, she was shown in the 2 going home shot, which makes me think I might be overthinking.

It's been suggested that Marcus wins II. He likes to control things, so especially if he listens to TC before awarding the necklace, I could see him saving Crystal to shake up the other tribe even more. Even if he does't save Crystal, as long as he doesn't save Ace, there's a chance that Fang could blindside Mr. Fake Accent...it's all up to the pin-up girl.

"Dan/Crystal"
Posted by michel on 10-30-08 at 05:19 PM
It may seem obvious but there's a reason for eliminating both. I call it Tribal IQ!

Kota would be dumb to let Dan reunite with Matty after he told them that Matty would be perfect for this tribe. Kota is not dumb.

Fang should boot Ace but, if they let it all depend on the pin-up model, then we already know that they will make a dumb move...Again.

"Crystal/Dan"
Posted by kircon on 10-30-08 at 05:27 PM
Because Flowerpower said so here.

Alternate: Crystal/Dan

"Dan/Crystal"
Posted by Loree on 10-30-08 at 06:22 PM
I overthought it last week. So this week I am going with my first impression.

"Dan/Crystal"
Posted by MJewel on 10-30-08 at 06:44 PM
Dan/Crystal

"Congrats to biwhois, sol, and Bebo"
Posted by vince3 on 10-30-08 at 08:58 PM
For nailing the Daily Double!

"RE: Congrats to biwhois, sol, and Bebo"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-30-08 at 09:04 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-08 AT 09:12 PM (EST)

It'd be nice if we waited until the folks on the West Coast (and this particular one who hasn't watched the show yet) have had a chance to watch before announcing who got the boot. It's why we have an East Coast Spoiler Thread to consolidate all posts between 8 and 11 pm EST.

Thanks.