URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID77
Thread Number: 702
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"*Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.09: "Ab Aeterno""

Posted by mrc on 03-19-10 at 10:45 AM
Please keep spoiler discussion in this thread prior to the episode's airing. I will post a separate thread for post-episode discussion.

Episode 6.09 "Ab Aeterno" (Richard-centric)

Richard Alpert faces a difficult choice.

Guest starring: Mark Pelligrino as Jacob, Titus Welliver as man in black, Mirelly Taylor as Isabella, Steven Elder as Jonas Whitfield, Juan Carlos Cantu as Father Suarez, Jose Yenque as doctor, Izzy Diaz as Ignacio, Davo Coria as servant, Santiago Montone as prisoner and Sonya Masinovsky as Russian nurse. Written by Melinda Hsu Taylor and Greggory Nations. Directed by Tucker Gates.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: *Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.09: "Ab Aeterno""
Posted by CTgirl on 03-19-10 at 04:04 PM
I can't wait for this episode!

Ab Aeterno is Latin for From the beginning.

Here is a short video of Nestor Carbonell (from TV Guide's Getting Lost) talking about the power struggle between Ben and Richard and he hints that they team up to go against MIB.

Here is the blurb from the print TV Guide this week:

This should be a good one!! (But why do they need Hurley for the storytelling/linguistic things. They both speak Spanish, but Richard's character speaks perfect English?!)

Two other casting tidbits from the magazine. Dominic Monahan said that Charlie would be back for the finale. Modern Family was filming an episode in Hawaii and there were hints that Julie Bowen did double duty while she was there.

"Can't wait!"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-21-10 at 08:46 AM
Can't wait, CTgirl! For Richard's back story, for Charlie, and it will be interesting to see where Julie Bowen fits in...

Thanks for the heads up!

"RE: Can't wait!"
Posted by warp_core breach on 03-22-10 at 12:36 PM
Can't wait either! I'm peeing my pants in anticipation!

A Gift from Agman

"RE: Can't wait!"
Posted by michel on 03-23-10 at 04:30 PM
In Canada it's airing at 7:00PM so, if you have any questions that can't wait, I can get to them between 8 and 9!

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-21-10 at 08:39 AM
For new promos for "Ab Aeterno", go Here

More promos at tvovermind.com

Richard Alpert faces a difficult choice.

Write a Recap »
Episode Cast and CrewView All
Stars
Jorge Garcia Hugo
Josh Holloway James
Yunjin Kim Sun Kwon
Daniel Dae Kim Jin Kwon
Michael Emerson Benjamin Linus (Seasons 3+, recurring Season 2)
Emilie de Ravin Claire Littleton (Seasons 1-4 & 6)
Naveen Andrews Sayid Jarrah
Nestor Carbonell Richard Alpert (Season 6, recurring previously)
Jeff Fahey Frank Lapidus (Season 6, recurring in Seasons 4 & 5)
Matthew Fox Dr. Jack Shephard
Terry O'Quinn John Locke
Zuleikha Robinson Ilana (Season 6, recurring in Season 5)
Ken Leung Miles Straume (Seasons 4+)
Evangeline Lilly Kate Austen
Guest Cast
Titus Welliver man in black
Steven Elder Jonas Whitfield
Juan Carlos Cantu Father Suarez
Santiago Montone prisoner
Sonya Masinovsky Russian nurse
Jose Yenque doctor
Izzy Diaz Ignacio
Davo Coria servant
Mirelly Taylor Isabella
Mark Pellegrino Jacob

Posted by CTgirl on 03-23-10 at 01:57 PM
Another short video interview with Nestor Carbonell about tonight's episode is here

Zoe is an geo-physicist that Widmore has hired, "So she wants to bring the concrete world of physics and geology into much more esoteric happenings, like time travel and the energy of the island." Shades of Faraday??! She's also filmed 6 episodes so yes we have yet another character introduced to the island. Here's the print interview.

"Canadian Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.09"
Posted by michel on 03-23-10 at 07:18 PM
First Impressions: Not the blockbuster I had hoped for, mostly what we had speculated about Richard. Now we know how the statue was broken and we have confirmation that Richard came to the island on the Black Rock in 1867. Hurley had a small part but he made the episode...again!

I hope we can finally put to rest the discussion about who is evil and who is good: MIB is trying to leave the island to spread evil to the outside world. Jacob's job is to keep him there. Richard was the first move in the "game" between MIB and Jacob, the first time MIB tried to use someone to kill Jacob.

The line of the evening came from Richard after Jacob told him that he shouldn't have to tell anyone what is right or wrong. Richard replied: "If you won't, he will." That's when Jacob offered Richard a job and answered his wish. The job: To act as intermediary to the people he brings to the island, people who are brought to show MIB that not all men are corruptible. The wish: To live forever.

PS: I'm not sure I caught the name of the Black Rock's captain but it sounded like Hanso!!!

"RE: Canadian Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.09"
Posted by CTgirl on 03-23-10 at 10:49 PM
I agree it wasn't the blockbuster that we expected. The Black Rock part dragged on too long. But the scene with Hurley made up for the slow start! We also got confirmation that the MIB would try to kill which ever candidate took over for Jacob.

He did say it was "Captain Magnus Hanso."

"RE: Canadian Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.09"
Posted by michel on 03-24-10 at 07:07 AM
I was hoping to see Richard dealing with the Others. The main questions remaining are his and, by association, Jacob's role in the Purge and in kidnapping children.