URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 701
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Courtney Love?"

Posted by Glow on 01-31-07 at 11:31 AM
An American Idol judge? How fun!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Courtney Love?"
Posted by CTgirl on 01-31-07 at 11:50 AM
Brilliant. Exchange one out-of-control judge for another!

Posted by Snidget on 01-31-07 at 11:51 AM
I heard that on the radio this morning, but couldn't find a link.

From one trainwreck to another IMO. I mean even when she is reportedly off drugs she still shows up to work out of her gourd on something on a fairly regular basis. Whose roast was it (Pamela Anderson's) that she later admitted being high as a kite even though the PR people were all claiming she was sober at the time?

Then again, the chemistry on most of the we have judges show does seem to work when you have one wacky one in the set of three.

It's a tribe creation!

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 01-31-07 at 12:01 PM
LOL! I would sit in anticipation of what she might say each.and.every.week. Bring her on!!

A Tribe Original!

Posted by KoalaChick on 01-31-07 at 02:20 PM
But what does Courtney Love know about talent? If she hadn't been married to Cobain, no one would even know who she is.

I thought Jewel did a fabulous job of judging and actually critiquing the singers. Something Paula is unable to do, and I doubt Courtney could, either.

Posted by AshLanie on 02-01-07 at 07:52 AM
>But what does Courtney Love know
>about talent? If she
>hadn't been married to Cobain,
>no one would even know
>who she is.
>
>I thought Jewel did a fabulous
>job of judging and actually
>critiquing the singers. Something
>Paula is unable to do,
>and I doubt Courtney could,
>either.

I actually had never heard of Jewel til the night she judged....and wow, she really took the judging seriousl-How refreshing..

Jewel would be a definite improvement. I liked how, when the camera was on her, she was concentraing on each contestant and gave direct pointers etc unlike Paula who sits and swoons over all the males and ignores the female contestants.

If the show goes with this cox person, well then the show ahs gone to the gutter.....I would think the show would want judges who the contestants can look up to but then again, the show seems to (with each passing year) have gone from raw talent to raw stupid drama.

Posted by geekboy on 01-31-07 at 03:34 PM
I heard this too. I totally don't buy it. NO way, no how.

This is the product of some nasty rumor mill. I don't see them ever replacing Paula.

geekboy

Posted by xwraith27 on 02-01-07 at 09:04 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-01-07 AT 09:06 PM (EST)

If I remember correctly, I think Ms. Love has already confirmed that Idol producers have talked to her not about replacing Paula, but as a guest judge, or as a sit-in judge in Paula's place for a few weeks or so. I also don't believe that she'll be called to replace Paula, btw.

-=-=-=-

Edited to add this link:

http://realitytvcalendar.com/recaps/ai6/commentary/rl-02-01-07-p1.html

Nigel Lythgoe: "I did not call Courtney Love and am afraid someone may have misrepresented me. Courtney Love is a very talented artist, but the judges for American Idol are Paula, Randy and Simon. We have no plans to add to or replace any of them."

"Deja Vu"
Posted by Ricky on 02-03-07 at 03:32 AM
Similar rumors were spread last year when Paula was thought to be on drugs. Last year, the rumors were that Jessica Simpson or Britney Spears may replace her.

Paula replacement rumors are becoming a tradition, like Groundhog day. Randy saw his shadow (he looks bigger this season), so at least six more weeks of Paula.

"A new broom sweeps clean, but the old broom knows the corners" - Martin, First loser on The Apprentice LA