URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7008
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor Gabon videos on CNET"

Posted by SpotTheDifference on 09-19-08 at 01:14 AM
Saw this on Sucks and thought I'd bring it over:

http://cnettv.cnet.com/survivor/in-hd/

It's the first 3 1/2 minutes of Survivor: Gabon. You'll see a lot of critter shots, and some challenge shots from the intro, including one that seems to be a rehash of the ball-rolling challenge of Africa. Matty also seemed very tanned in his confessional.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor Gabon videos on CNET"
Posted by tidefan1987 on 09-19-08 at 10:33 AM
Thanks SpotTheDifference!

Very cool, some different information and footage than what I saw on the TV Guide Preview that is currently airing on the TV Guide Channel. Even Jeff's preview of Tribal Counsel was a little different, you see the snuffer which I did not see on TV Guide.

"RE: Survivor Gabon videos on CNET"
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 09-20-08 at 12:01 PM
tHIS IS AWRSOME FOOTAGE AND WORTH THE TIME IT TAKES to view it. In it we see the two different tribes as well as the first challenge that appears to be a race/obstacle course. I also saw the immunity idol over at Camp Kota and the opening sequence to the show! It's always good to hear Jiffy's take on the survivors as well!

Thanks for bringing this over!!!

"Vidcap observations"
Posted by SpotTheDifference on 09-21-08 at 08:35 AM
All vidcaps credited to SurvivorFever.

One thing we can note is how well the tribe shelters are built, which I think suggests that they were already there to begin with. Here's a comparison between the red and yellow tribe huts:

Yellow tribe has ash on their fire pit:

I don't think Matty here is tanned. It's possible that they just came from the digging part of the challenge. Note that he's wearing a brown buff, probably dirty from the challenge.

Yellow looks like they're leading in the first challenge:

I haven't seen the video, but doesn't it look like the tribes are heading opposite directions in this vidcap?

Here's the immunity idol in the yellow camp, as Scarlett noted:

I think this is a given, but Crystal won't be leaving in the first tribal council. The face paint should be part of the ball rolling challenge, as suggested by Randy's picture below. Given Crystal's reaction, red tribe might be looking at back to back immunity losses. Randy should also be safe through the first TC. Jeff also suggests in interviews that Matty and Ken should be safe. A Gillian boot perhaps?