URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID109
Thread Number: 7
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Nashville Star - one more episode!"

Posted by Bebo on 04-29-03 at 01:32 PM
I had to miss Saturday's show, but I was delighted when I read the results on their website.

So, anyone still watching out there? Comments on the final 3? Personally, I think the audience got it absolutely right. I won't be surprised if all 3 of them end up with contracts.

If I had to pick the winner, I'd probably pick Buddy, but at this point I really don't care. I'd be happy with any of them!

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Nashville Star - one more episode!"
Posted by TNSurvivorFan on 04-29-03 at 02:03 PM
I have really enjoyed this show. Love the fact that they are not only talented performers, but also have great original music. I agree with Bebo........any of the 3 would be great......but Buddy's going to take the prize! I think they all have a successful future in the music industry. Hope they do a Nashville Star II !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by flickergirl on 04-29-03 at 03:38 PM
I am blown away by the talent all three contestants have. It puts American Idol to shame. They all should have careers after this is over but my sentimental favorite is Buddy. He's paid his dues and deserves to win. I'm sad this show is almost over.

Posted by Bebo on 04-29-03 at 03:56 PM
I think they all have a successful future in the music industry.

Early on, I decided that I could handle having one of John Arthur's CDs in my car, because I'd definitely stay calmer during rush hour. Buddy kept impressing me more and more each week. I missed some of Miranda's early performances, but once I got to see her, liked her too.

I'll be keeping an eye out for CDs from all of them - they're so different, yet each so strong in their own way.

Hope they do a Nashville Star II

Me too, although for the first time I found myself in a quandry.

There was nothing about this show for me to bash.

Nothing. I, the Evil Genius, could not find a single thing I wanted to bash. I was impressed by the talent and thought Nancy O'Dell was a good host. And now that the right three have made it to the end, I know that when all is said and done, I will not be able to complain.

That's a strange, strange situation for me.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

Posted by Lisapooh on 04-29-03 at 05:55 PM
Finally, some peeps to discuss Nashville Star with! I LOVE this show and all three of them are wonderful. Really the only one I didn't like was Brandon. But I think these three are definitely the cream of the crop.

Buddy didn't do much for me at first, but he has totally grown on me now. He is such a good writer and that is one of the truest country voices I've heard in awhile. I hope he wins it all. He has earned it.

Although Miranda and John Arthur (in that order) are deserving too. Miranda is adorable and a strong writer at what 19? She has a lot of talent and knows who she is - she' s my favorite although I don't think she deserves the win as much as Buddy. She'll only get better and has the potential to be a superstar. Compare her to Shania Twain and you'll see what a country diva is supposed to look like sound like and be like.

John Arthur just strikes me as a good man. His voice isn't as strong but he is a good writer and that segment of country music has been ignored for far too long. He is such a tranquil guy.

All three of them would be worthy and should do really well in the future. And if I was a guy, I would totally do Nancy O'dell.

Posted by Devious Weasel on 04-30-03 at 05:03 PM
As a guy, I will attest to Nancy O'Dell's doableness. Doablity. Whatever.

Although I like all three, in this order (Buddy, John Arthur, Miranda), I was really pulling for Travis and Jamey at the start, and I miss the fire they brought to the proceedings.

- A GeorgiaBelle original

Posted by minitroll on 04-29-03 at 07:41 PM
I'm still watching too Bebo, I love this show! I was really happy that Buddy, Miranda and John Arthur made it to the final 3. Like you, I would be O.K. with any of those three winning, but I have a feeling it will be Buddy. Does anyone else think that Miranda's voice has a lot of Dolly Parton in it? I would buy all their CD's! This show is soooo much better than American Idol, and the contestants have way more talent. I'll definitely be on the lookout for Nashville Star II!

Posted by breathless4975 on 05-02-03 at 02:27 PM

>I had to miss Saturday's show,
>but I was delighted when
>I read the results on
>their website.
>
>So, anyone still watching out there?
> Comments on the final
>3? Personally, I think
>the audience got it absolutely
>right. I won't be
>surprised if all 3 of
>them end up with contracts.
>
>
>If I had to pick the
>winner, I'd probably pick Buddy,
>but at this point I
>really don't care. I'd
>be happy with any of
>them!
>
> Bebo says...919
>beats 205 - I am
>your American Idol and the
>Baroness of Babedom.

Buddy is the MAN!! I love this show and I am Buddy's #1 fan. I'm excited about tomorrow night's show but am also sad because it will be the last. I sure hope it comes back for a second season and that they will be able to find such worthy contestants as all the people have been.

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

Posted by weltek on 05-02-03 at 04:30 PM
Buddy all the way! Miranda isn't confident enough in her talents & needs more time & development. The other guy is good, but just doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's my general dislike of most things country. I'll make an exception for Buddy though.