URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID77
Thread Number: 697
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"*Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.07: "Dr. Linus""

Posted by mrc on 03-03-10 at 05:45 PM
Please keep spoiler discussion in this thread prior to the episode's airing. I will post a separate thread for post-episode discussion. I am also going to put each episode's description and guest casting in the spoiler thread in case some posters want to be completely spoiler-free.

Ben deals with the consequences of an uncovered lie. (Ben-Centric) Guest starring: Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Tania Raymonde as Alex, Daniel Roebuck as Dr. Leslie Arzt, Jon Gries as Roger Linus, William Atherton as Principal Don Reynolds and Steve Boatright as officer. Written by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz. Directed by Mario Van Peebles.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: *Spoiler Thread Ep. 6.07: "Dr. Linus""
Posted by weltek on 03-03-10 at 08:24 PM
Mario Van Peebles, really?

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-04-10 at 12:25 PM
Thanks so much for posting the spoiler thread, mrc!

As spoken by the voice over in the preview promo:

"Dr. Linus"

After causing the death of so many, Ben will face his own demise....

Will Ben meet his demise, or just stand in judgement. I think when they played the promo, you could hear the mechanical sounds of our friend, smokey! Should be a good one!

Posted by CTgirl on 03-04-10 at 01:16 PM
I caught that "meet his demise" too and agree that's it's Smokey.

I thought "No, I'm not ready for Ben to go!" and wondered if ABC plays as fast and lose with grammer as the CBS Survivor promo writers do.

If he does meet his demise, I'll need a new Lost logo!

"Promos"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-04-10 at 12:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-10 AT 12:51 PM (EST)

Here are the promos, thanks to TV.com, here.

Here is the preview promo that states, the man that brought death to so many must face his own demise.... Then we hear Ben say, "forgive me".

We will most likely see Charles Widmore, Alex, Arzt, and Roger all in the Flash: Sideways...

"RE: Promos"
Posted by CTgirl on 03-04-10 at 01:25 PM
Here's another sneak peak for next week - Flash sideways Ben teaching about Napoleon and his loss of power - oh the irony!!

"RE: Promos"
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-04-10 at 01:32 PM
Wow, CTgirl! That's a great promo, and ohhh, how fitting. The loss of power on the Island, he might as well be dead! And, perhaps he will be after this episode?

"Press Photos for "Dr. Linus""
Posted by Flowerpower on 03-08-10 at 08:29 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-10 AT 08:32 AM (EST)

thanks to tvovermind.com

Really interesting pictures!!!

Looks like Hurley and Jack are going to catch up with Richard, and he will take them to the Black Rock, perhaps they will go there on their own, and meet Richard, who could already be there....seems like a nice lead in to a Richard-centric episode.

Then, we have Ben in both Flash: Sideways and the present on the Island. Seems like he's digging a grave at the graveyard again, he could'nt be digging up Locke, could he? Or, who else could have died?....or, option number three, is he digging his own grave?

ETA: Also, I wanted to point out the shackle on Ben's right ankle? When was he shackled? Perhaps, he is beginning to have a little more in common with the man that never ages.

Miles is there, and it seems that Ilana is there as well, overseeing with the gun. What papers could Miles be holding in his hands?

In Flash: Sideways Ben is the History teacher and we see him in a preview as the History teacher, as CTGirl has noted, he's talking about Napolean's exile on the Island.....Elba, "that's where it all changed, he was allowed to keep his title of Emporer, but that's where he had a total loss of power, and he might as well of been dead..." Talk about calling the kettle black! We see him interacting with Dr. Arzt, and Locke, the substitute, as well. AND, is that CHARLES WIDMORE, who is the principal? OMG!

This looks to be a great episode.

"RE: Press Photos for "Dr. Linus""
Posted by CTgirl on 03-08-10 at 06:55 PM
Great vidcaps FloPo! Thanks.

The Jack-Richard vidcaps look really interesting - made my heart start pounding like it will be edge-of-your seat thrilling and we'll get another piece of the puzzle.

I don't think that is Charles Widmore as the principal.

Top of the mornin' by O'Agman

Posted by BriarRosie on 03-09-10 at 01:27 PM
Nope, that ain't Widmore.

That's a character actor that I love to hate. He plays a good asshat character. ;)

You might remember him as the deceitful professor in "Real Genius" that Val Kilmer managed to outdo at the end of the movie.

Or you might remember him as the reporter in "Die Hard" that Bonnie Bedelia sucker punched for putting Bruce Willis in danger with an on-air story.

I bet we get more asshattery from him! Woohoo!

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-09-10 at 04:01 PM
Yeah, I don't think it's him either....but, I do think it could be someone from Ben's past...?

Regarding Jack and RIchard...wonder why they meet up there....does Hurley lead Jack there, do they go there to hide out, away from smokey and friends? Most likely they go there and find Richard hiding out as well....can't wait to hear how Richard was freed by Jacob....perhaps hearing Richard's tale will leadJack to where he's supposed to go???

Posted by weltek on 03-09-10 at 04:03 PM
Richard looks confused or concerned about something Jack is telling him. I figured it would be the other way around.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-09-10 at 04:09 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-10 AT 07:27 AM (EST)

ETA: to make the thread thinner

Posted by CTgirl on 03-09-10 at 04:30 PM
Not a match!

FloPo can you resize the 2nd photo of Widmore? It's making the thread stretched out.

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-16-10 at 07:04 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-10 AT 07:56 AM (EST)

Great breakdown of "Dr. Linus", here, at Totally Lost.

Entertainment Weekly's Jeff Jensen writes his thoughts post episode "Dr. Linus", here

Very interesting thoughts. I, too, contemplated with all of the self realization that Ben went through, might he now become a candidate for the protector of the Island...