URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 696
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Count me as a Jason Head fan"

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 01-24-07 at 10:00 AM
Jason Head, yes, or "Sundance" as he was known, is my early favorite to win it all. Simon was absolutely right. Plus, the guy's built like an offensive lineman. Nice to see that people don't necessarily have to "look the part" in order to be passed through - which bodes well for uniqueness. I loved the Fidel Castro look-alike, too - I hope he goes far.

Memphis sure turned out a lot of characters, and I thought that the guy who was in love with Paula Abdul got a raw deal. He and the first performer should have gotten a chance. I didn't like the bald guy who sang "My Girl" - yes, yes, he's a dad again, but his rendition of "My Girl" wasn't particularly good. I wouldn't have passed him through.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Count me as a Jason Head fan"
Posted by emydi on 01-24-07 at 11:00 AM
I agree with almost everything you said Col Z

I think Sundance may win it all...he'll be in final 10.. dbf said people won't vote for him bc of the way he looks...I totally disagree with him and told him so ...people voted for Taylor and Ruben and this guy sings circles aroung both of them. He has the best voice by far of probably anyone that has ever sang on AI.

I liked the first guy...he was a bit much but he could sing....with the lack of talent as we are seeing and hearing from judges and producers, he should have made it through.

The bald guy was bad he got a pass bc of his baby

I would not have put thru the recently gilted guy that sang Footloose...he really couldn't sing...when he stopped in the middle of his song, I thought he was done!

Fidel--he did have a good voice. I think a lot of times, Randy and Paula defer to Simon...they sort of wait to hear what he has to say. I think if Simon would have said no, he wouldn't have gone thru. I wonder if he does get thru the first rounds in Hwood whether they will make him shave the beard and get a hair cut...or sort of just style it better ala Clay and Taylor. Dbf asked an interesting ?...does he wear the hat and green to look MORE like Castro? probably for the audition.

I also really liked the anti-diva --she really can sing..she needs some diva lessons tho!

The other meek chick was horrible tho she sang thru her nose and was totally off tune

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 01-25-07 at 08:32 AM
...does he wear the hat and green to look MORE like Castro? probably for the audition.

I have to hand it to him...uniqueness in an over-the-top manner usually doesn't fly on AI. He pulled it off in a manner we wouldn't have expected. Apollo Creed couldn't do it. Nor could the Cowardly Lion, Uncle Sam, the Statue of Liberty, etc. It took an appearance that was really out of left field (and the phrase seems fitting considering Castro's history in baseball) to pull it off. That and he had a good voice...he won't win, but he will hang around.

Posted by nailbone on 01-24-07 at 11:36 AM
Nice to see that people don't necessarily have to "look the part" in order to be passed through -

In the look at the end of others that got through that we didn't hear, there was a rather large woman that got through also.

Posted by tamarama on 01-24-07 at 03:44 PM
>>Nice to see that people don't necessarily have to "look the part" in order to be passed through - which bodes well for uniqueness.<<

Yeahyeahyeah! I'm really happy about that. I think even Simon has come to realize that the music biz has evolved some since AI started -- boy bands & virgin whores are not the only thing now. Thank the gods.

Loved Mr. Head.
Loved Sean "Castro," loved even more that they actually put him through! Loved that he sang Johnny Cash in his own key instead of trying to be a basement-dwelling non-baritone.
Loved Melinda the backup singer.

These three are - for me - the first ones I've seen that really pique my interest. Oh -- and the guy with the afro last week.

I didn't care for the baby blues girl, and I think the crack baby will disappoint us in Hollywood (she just shouts). Last weeks curly-haired "Over the Rainbow" singer sounded good - but *yawn* I'd bet serious money she's just another boring divette that will not emote. Bald-new-dad started both of his songs tight & sharp -- both could be 'nerves' problems, but if you're skilled enough you should be able to pull it off (Melinda was literally shaking, yet sounded amazing).

I'm finally becoming interested! Can't wait for Hollywood!