URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 694
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Helloooo....helloooohelloooohello..."

Posted by moonbaby on 01-17-07 at 00:06 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-07 AT 00:08 AM (EST)

*echo*
Is anyone here?
*Sings Prince song, taps dances and juggles*

Early stand-outs from tonight? Any disagreements with the judges? Is it wrong to post something about the show at this time? Filler filler filler....beef by product, cereal, and pig snout.

I say crack baby girl(and I do apologize but I cannot remember her name) could go far if she learns how to control that volume and although I laughed I was a bit sad about young rocker dude with the strained vocals and the girl whose boss flew her to the audition. (Well that sounds like she had wings but you know what I meant).

What did you think?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Helloooo....helloooohelloooohello..."
Posted by DarwinianAtheist on 01-17-07 at 01:33 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-07 AT 01:57 AM (EST)

None really stood out as being a really strong contender. I wish that they would focus more on the auditions of the ppl who got through, than with the really awful ones. For me, the amusement of the "losers" is really waning each season. I just find some of them so hard to believe and still think some are staged auditions. Hey, I could be wrong but FOX should seriously consider changing up the way they do this audition phase. It's getting old. I will be watching tomorrow night of course, but can't wait until the real competition begins!

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 01-17-07 at 03:44 PM
Yepper, they wasted far too much time on the ones who didn't make it. Not only on their auditions, but on their reactions as well. Who wants to hear all that whining? Not me. I muted it all.

Posted by batts on 01-17-07 at 01:39 AM
I watched the show till about 8, when I lost the last of my satellite signal. I went out and hacked the inch thick ice off of my satellite dish a half hour later, and caught the last 15 minutes of the show.

There was one girl I really liked. I thought she was really good. I don't remember her name but she was a black girl, and the judges didn't seem really impressed with her. She made it through to hollywood though, so I will be watching for her.
.... Also, the 16 or 17 year old white kid. He was okay... I don't remember his name, but I think he was pretty good. I doubt if he'll make it past the group cuttings.

Where is everybody?

Posted by xwraith27 on 01-17-07 at 01:46 AM
Where is everybody?

I was actually looking for an update thread or something but the boards were down. I haven't seen the show yet (other side of the world), and I'll probably be able to post my opinions in another couple of hours, but from what I've read, there really isn't good to see (or listen to).

Posted by Snidget on 01-17-07 at 07:40 AM
The whole board was down for most people during the evening hours. I would have started a thread if I'd gotten in, but it was still down when I went to bed on the East Coast.

A couple of the girls had potential, but no one I've fallen in love with. I think the crack baby girl might do well she's got a lot of power in her voice.

I do wish we'd get at least a short clip of each of the people that get through to hollywood. They really stayed too long on some of the crying jags. A few seconds of that is fine so we know what happend, but one minute of just sobbing isn't entertaining.

Posted by xwraith27 on 01-17-07 at 07:34 PM
The weird thing I think was that Minneapolis only had 17 out of 10,000 auditioners to make it to Hollywood BUT that Seattle is considered the worst audition city ever. I might have to pass on watching the show tonight.

"9:35"
Posted by zombiebaby on 01-17-07 at 08:13 AM
That is what time it was when the first one that got through to Hollywood was shown.

Sheesh...such emphasis on the bad auditions. No wonder they get so many nutjobs.

Jewel looked really into her job tonight.

Chillin' with Arkie

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 01-17-07 at 08:40 AM
The crack baby's name was, I believe, Denise Jackson. I thought she was good and I liked the Shakira-wannabe as well. Those two along with the Navy guy were my early favorites.

As for wacky people, the lady who thought she was Dorothy was good...so was the "urban Amish" guy. Maybe if Weird Al has a reality show, he should be on it.

I wanted to throttle the guy in the green shirt for butchering a wonderful Aerosmith song. My wife and I decided when we first started dating that Aerosmith's "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" was "our song." It was the song that played for our first dance. And that guy took it out, laid it in a mud puddle, ran over it with a dirty Hummer, and threw it in a Dumpster. He's officially the first reality TV show contestant to insult me personally. (Yes, I know he wasn't trying to insult me or even insult any of Aerosmith's fan base, but when he sang it that effing badly, it's kind of hard not to be at least perturbed by it...I even told my wife that our cat could meow that song better than he sang it.)

"Cowardly Lion girl"
Posted by zipperhead on 01-17-07 at 09:13 AM
What a waste of time.

People who want to sing a gimmicky song should never be allowed to audition.

Posted by Maroonclown on 01-17-07 at 09:31 AM
I liked crack baby girl but she may come off a little bit too much like what's her face from last year - the Etta James/Ella Fitzgerald 17-year old cutie.

And Shakira? She ain't no Shakira, honey. I thought she was lousy.

I felt really bad for the chick that did Jewel but not as bad as I felt for Jewel, because that poor girl auditioning sounded just like her, IMHO.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 01-17-07 at 02:41 PM
>I felt really bad for the
>chick that did Jewel but
>not as bad as I
>felt for Jewel, because that
>poor girl auditioning sounded just
>like her, IMHO.

She did, I think. Of course, that's not exactly a compliment to Jewel; it sort of means that, if Jewel tried out for American Idol, she wouldn't make it.

Apparently, Jewel once performed at my high school (before I went there.) And, according to what I remember being told, she was booed off the stage. How it is that someone who's bad enough to be booed off stage at an effing high school (and it's not that my school was necessarily a bunch of a-holes either...a few years later, a Navy band performed and was well-received) is good enough to tell other people they're no good.

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 01-17-07 at 09:36 AM
For me personally I really liked the girl with the really long curly hair (she had a very pure voice), the navy guy (how can you not root for him) and the 16 year old white boy.

I like the Shakira-esque girl "after" she did "Hips Don't Lie". I did not like her on her first song. I think she is not going to do well with other types of songs because of her accent. She doesn't know how to hide it while singing.

I wish they would have the first week only be the auditions. In a perfect world I could care less if they show it at all but I'm trying to be nice this year and so I'll give one week (two shows) to the peeps that actually "like" them.

I will say that the girl who "sang" Prince's "Kiss" that forgot the entire song was the funniest gufu I've seen on this show yet. She had me and my DH rolling.

A Tribe Original!

Posted by emydi on 01-17-07 at 10:04 AM
the 16 year old white

You mean zit boy? Clear.A.Sil.

I liked him too. He needs work but he may make it to F24

I liked the Navy guy...did he win Reagan Idol? I thought the rat (PRE) won it ....he may make it to F24

I liked the woman in the reserves at the beginning but yikes at the end...she won't make it to the final 24.

And I know why they do it (for appeal) but do you think they should wear their uniforms? At least the Navy guy didn't wear his everyday fatigues...

The crack baby was okay but she does need to get control...she may make it to F24

I agree the Shakira woman was put through bc Simon liked her oobies. She won't go much further. She has spunk though

I thought the best singer was the girl who sang Somewhere over the Rainbow. But it was too Katherine for me (i think she sang it to sound like Kat from last year) and I was never a big fan of her...so she immediately had a strike against her...but I see her as a solid Final 24 candidate.

And that poor kid at the end...but it was funny that he sang Abba like that...maybe in a year or two.

And that last woman...she was scary... if I were the panel I'd watch out for her as a stalker.

And IF I WERE THE KING OF THE FORRRRRRRRRREST!! OMH I almost peed my pants! Well we have so many Judys, we need some Burts!

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 01-17-07 at 10:07 AM
OMGawd!! I totally forgot about the "Cowardly Lion" impersonation. Cracked me up!!!!

A Tribe Original!

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 01-17-07 at 03:53 PM
Wasn't she that fat gal in black? With the short, messy blonde hair? What the hell was she trying to "sing" anyway? She sounded like Jack Bauer was torturing her. She had ten years of vocal training? By who? Someone being tortured by Jack Bauer?

Posted by nailbone on 01-17-07 at 04:08 PM
Wasn't she that fat gal in black? With the short, messy blonde hair?

No, she and Cowardly Lion girl were to separate "auditioners".

"My observations.."
Posted by aquariaqueen on 01-17-07 at 10:25 AM
My observations:

In the beginning, those they wanted to reject went on too long. If they wanted more rejects shown, they could have given them less time and showed more of those who actually made it on to the next round in Hollywood.

Shakira girl was OK....
Reserve girl was just ordinary....
Crack girl has potential, especially if she works with the show's coaches.
Urban Amish has a knack for coming up with nonsense.
Miss Know-it-all-Idol was annoying and scary looking as well; an idol stalker at its best!

"RE: My observations.."
Posted by nogwart on 01-17-07 at 12:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-07 AT 02:40 PM (EST)

Yes, how unfortunate that the only thing I remember about the young white dude who could sing fairly well was that big, fat, nose-swallowing ZIT! How on earth could the judges comment without something slipping out, like:

1. That was good. If you released that song on an album, it would definitely be a big Zit...um, I mean hit.

2. That was pretty good, but on the chorus you were off-key just a little Zit... um, bit.

3. That was very good for your age. Most of the 16-year olds we audition sound like Zit... um, well...

How'd they NOT do that???

Posted by emydi on 01-17-07 at 01:59 PM
he probably would have assumed the fetal position in the middle of the floor and cried

I do really like him tho

How do you not go to the audition with your kid? So you've had to spend some money for your child to travel with school chorus--I guess that's what it is bc besides a robe what equipment does chorus have...isn't the voice lessons free from teacher?

Posted by aquariaqueen on 01-17-07 at 02:04 PM
Wouldn't it been classy if Randy or Simon called his mother with the news?????

I did feel sorry for him since he didn't have anyone to celebrate with.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-17-07 at 09:38 PM
I wanted to adopt the 16 year old kid! I'd go to auditions with him. Ryan should have taken a camera crew to his house and told them their kid was going to Hollywood, then ask why they weren't supportive of him.

I hope they cried when(if) they watched the show lastnight. Ratbastiges.

Posted by Glow on 01-17-07 at 02:48 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-17-07 AT 02:56 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-17-07 AT 02:52 PM (EST)

The only memorable thing is the two doors but only one opens thing. That was funny.

oh wait. Why was Jewel there? She's hosting Nashville Star, right?

okay okay. I guess I can remember a few things. We're going to have an ABBA week? Or was that just an example? (Please tell me we're having ABBA week.)

Posted by nailbone on 01-17-07 at 04:10 PM
Please tell me we're NOT having an ABBA week!! They only had one good song, and I can't take a night of everyone singing "Fernando"!!

Posted by zipperhead on 01-17-07 at 05:37 PM
Dancing Queen?

Posted by nailbone on 01-17-07 at 05:49 PM
I said *good* song.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-17-07 at 09:40 PM
I'd prefer a Queen week over an ABBA week, but I do like "Dog and Butterfly". Plus, ABBA was my first concert oh so many years ago, so they do hold a soft spot in this old heart of mine.

Posted by Glow on 01-18-07 at 09:08 AM
The only version of Dog and Butterfly I know is by Heart. I love that song.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-19-07 at 11:33 PM
See, not only is the heart old but the brain is old too! OK, PFFT on ABBA week, bring on Heart week.

*I'd stick my tongue out at Glowie, but she's so charming while she's pointing out your stupidity.

Posted by Glow on 01-18-07 at 09:06 AM
One song? Come on! Dancing Queen, Knowing Me Knowing You, Fernando, Waterloo, Take a Chance on Me, The Winner Takes it All, Mamma Mia. The list goes on and on, boner.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 01-18-07 at 09:43 AM
I actually have the soundtrack from "Mama Mia"......

Posted by nailbone on 01-18-07 at 11:20 AM
I know they have more than one song. I said one *good* song.

Posted by Fishercat on 01-19-07 at 11:56 PM
Apollo Creed deserved to go on!