URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 685
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
""Be the Amazing Racer" game - sign up & rules"

Posted by Angelfood on 11-17-04 at 05:05 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-04 AT 05:08 PM (EST)

Welcome to "Be the Amazing Racer", an interactive dialogue and elimination game. This is not a contest, and there are no points. Simply lots of trash talk about contestants.

Do you wish you could be a Racer? Do you find yourself yelling at the TV? Do you wish you could speak for some of these yahoos? NOW YOU CAN...

RULES
1. Casting: Sign up for a Character from the show to speak for/represent (a sign up post is below). One spot per character - first come basis. You may not be someone already taken or reserved. I try to be fair and work it out if there is a problem.
2. Please post at least once a week/episode, at least until your team is eliminated, after that - optional, you may still add comments. If you're gonna be out or you'd like to "osten", just send me a PM. If you miss 2 weeks without notice, I will have to reassign the character.
3. Sign the bottom of EVERY post you write with your Survivor's name or picture. characters are difficult to keep track of. ok? I will provide you with a pic, or if you are really a DAW, you could add it as an extension to your existing sigpic.
4. Speak as your character would speak, and speak for them. Share your character's inner thoughts about what happened in the episode, and what they think of the other Survivors. Praise, tease or Bash away. Be Funny.
5. Have fun, this is not for SERIOUS bashing. Also, be careful not to post any big spoilers (like who is going). Don't bash other players personally.
6. If your character's eliminated, you get the priviledge of writing your own "final remarks", so PLEASE DO. You are encouraged to continue to post.
7. If your character wins, you win.... the coveted title of Amazing Race Winner and that is all.
8. Anyone not signed up as a character/survivor, is still invited to make comments about the characters or about posts, just please do not speak as a character - just be yourself, or a cameraperson, etc. Anyone can be a cameraperson this season!

If you still are confused or undecided, please visit the Survivor Basher forum or Apprentice general Forum and see the same games there.

Executive Producer, Angelfood

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Sign Up & character listing"
Posted by Angelfood on 11-17-04 at 05:07 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-23-04 AT 10:47 PM (EST)

ETA: OK, I have assigned so far. It is also possible to be 2 people (on different teams), which also keeps you around in case your 1st team loses. Let me or Draco know. I have put you all in somewhere to try to cover the teams, not because of best fit. So, if you are eliminated early, you can (probably) still be added to another team with only one person so far.

Simply reply to this post (or the above) and put which character from the show you would like to be. Keep in mind that there are teams of 2, and someone will sign up to be your team member. If you know another poster would like to be on your team, you can reserve their spot, but I will need confirmation within 2 days, or will reassign.

Host:
Phil - Draco Malfoy

Teams:
1. Hayden - Ginger
Aaron -
2. Kris - Breezy
Jon -
3. Lena - ohmyheck
Kristy - tvgeek
4. Freddy -
Kendra - ARnutz
5. Jonathan - Pepe lepew
Victoria - warpcorebreach
6. Lori- Asrai
Bolo- Estee
7. Adam - Seahorse
Rebecca - Buckeyegirl ???
8. Maria - Buckeyegirl
Meredith -
9. Don -
Mary Jean- Angelfood
10. Gus - probablyclueless
Hera - Coconut

NPCs:
Villagers - Oscirus
Airport Checker - DWeasel

IF we only have 10 people, we can do it by one team per person, but lets wait til the end of the week to decide that.

"RE: Sign Up & character listing"
Posted by ginger on 11-17-04 at 05:31 PM
Assign me where you think I suit best. Lord knows I'll have more face time than I do as the Spiritual Stone over on Be the Survivor thresds!

Posted by Estee on 11-17-04 at 06:41 PM
Because I haven't had anyone here scream in my ears for hours on end every day for three months yet and I've been wondering what it would be like, I'll take -- Bolo.

(You thought I was going for Victoria, right? Sorry: there's a limit to my pain-enjoyment capacity.)

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-17-04 at 09:31 PM

>5. Jonathan - Me me me!

Think of the fun I could have with this...

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff
Posted by Asrai on 11-17-04 at 11:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-04 AT 11:03 PM (EST)

Oh goody, I finally get in early enough to participate this time! I'd love to be the nasty yellin' wrestler, Lori, please!!

ETA: If we do teams, I'll do Kris/John!!

Posted by Estee on 11-19-04 at 06:46 AM
I am so doomed.

(So that makes us -- umm... something really illegal, possibly immoral, but guaranteed not to be fattening.)

Posted by Asrai on 11-19-04 at 03:37 PM
Can't ya just read the friggen map? I mean, yes....you are soo doomed!!

Your 'that makes us' make me howl with laughter!

Picks Estee up and body slems her! Booyah, baby! *flexes muscles*

Posted by warp_core breach on 11-18-04 at 00:36 AM
Could I be Victoria please?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-19-04 at 06:58 AM
*channelling Jonathan*

Yo beyotch, think you can stop being such a moron and actually read the map for a change? Woooooooo hooooooooo! You and I fit together like yellow and blue!

(welcome, warp_core!)

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

Posted by warp_core breach on 11-19-04 at 10:05 PM
You're so smart, you read it! I don't care if you're driving! And you better not run us off the road! I'm just going to sit back here and stay out of your way. Oh, and buy me another Hummer.

Your loving wife, Victoria.

(thanks for the welcome Pepe ~ this seems like it's going to be fun)

(how do I get a pic?)

Posted by Oscirus on 11-21-04 at 04:59 PM
Ok so there I was chilling mind my business and hopefully picking up a few easy dollars. I thought that there was no way in hell that We were even going to come into play unless somesone was either really desperate, real lazy or real stupid. Along came those geeks who luckily picked another guide and then out of nowhere came your annoying a55. That was the eye of the tiger look that you saw in my face it was a look of annoyance. I should have drowned your annoying a55 titanic style when I had the chance. I still have a headache from all your screaming.

-disgruntled boat guide.

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 11-18-04 at 07:43 AM
I gotta go out and buy me some turtlenecks, but I'll start the game tomorrow morning. Give people plenty of time to pick their teams.

"whomever is left"
Posted by Breezy on 11-18-04 at 08:39 AM
I'll take them. *smooch*

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Posted by trigirl on 12-08-04 at 07:09 PM
Hey Angelfood...

It looks like there are still some spots. Can I join in?

"RE: "Be the Amazing Racer" game - sign up & rules"
Posted by ohmyheck on 11-17-04 at 06:18 PM
can I please be Lena/Kristy? I would love that

Posted by ARnutz on 11-17-04 at 07:14 PM
Oohhh, oohhh... pick me!? Could I be Kendra?

Posted by Oscirus on 11-18-04 at 08:08 AM
I would just like to be the various villagers from around the world.

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 11-18-04 at 08:30 AM
Those are always fun. Sometimes the best bashing comes from "outsiders!"

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 11-19-04 at 07:30 AM
Well, I was planning on getting this started today, but we're still less than half full, so it's looking like we may wait until Wednesday morning after Episode 2. Just because your "racer" has been eliminated doesn't mean you can't continue to comment on other racers' progress.

By the way, Avi and Joe were not on the list, but they are open as well, if someone wants to take the New York Jews in Iceland!

*insert Phil sigpic here*

Posted by warp_core breach on 11-19-04 at 09:55 PM
Oh Phil, the sooner we get started the better. Jonny is a bit of a control freak and if we don't start soon... I'm just sooo worried about how he'll react. It's just best to bow down to him, stay out of his way, let him run all over you...

Victoria

Posted by buckeyegirl on 11-19-04 at 01:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-04 AT 01:30 PM (EST)

OH!!!! I was sooo hoping you'd this for TAR! You know me..I'm easy-I'll take any one who's left. Even a camaraperson role is fine with me.

--edited because I'm a moron.

Posted by seahorse on 11-19-04 at 04:08 PM
I'll take Adam. I just realized some cars don't need gasoline.

Posted by Oscirus on 11-21-04 at 05:04 PM
Thanks alot. Because of your girlfriend and her inabbilty to read she just cost me 30 bucks. I bet my co-worker that there was no way that anybody could be that stupid as to put unleaded gas in a Diesel tank especially when it says Diesal. Even if you an't read you shoud know that Unleaded does not begin with a D sheesh. Now thanks to yall I have to put up new idiot proof signs to make sure that this foolishness doesn't happen again. I don't feel so guilty now about overcharging yall by 50 dollars for my work.

Posted by seahorse on 11-22-04 at 01:30 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-04 AT 01:34 AM (EST)

Overcharge me huh, They don't call me hellboy for nothing and I don't wear these horns for the hell of it, either.

I'll burn the service station down and you won't have a place to work, you wait and see.

Adam

"I Would Like To Be"
Posted by Devious Weasel on 11-19-04 at 04:47 PM
The clerk at every airport counter in the Race.

"Hera."
Posted by Coconut on 11-20-04 at 12:15 PM
I like doughnuts.

Slicey says "Say 'No' to Cool Whip!"

Posted by tvgeek401 on 11-21-04 at 09:04 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-04 AT 09:06 PM (EST)

Right now, I'd be offering to be whichever one of Lena/Kristy is left, but I don't have that...er...biting wit that some to of the others here have and I'm sure I'd be a disappointment, so, for now, I'll just enjoy your humour.

ETA: I may reconsider. give it a couple days...

Handcrafted by RollDdice ignore this space. ignore, ignore, ignore this spaceIcecat is da bomb!

Posted by tvgeek401 on 11-22-04 at 12:44 PM
I gave it some thought and decided that I want to be Kristy...if it isn't already taken.

Handcrafted by RollDdice ignore this space. ignore, ignore, ignore this spaceIcecat is da bomb!

Posted by warp_core breach on 11-22-04 at 08:03 PM
Hey TV Geek ~ I'm with you! I wasn't sure about trying this because I don't have a biting sense of humour either, but I thought hey this is going to be fun. With more practice, maybe our biting sense of humour will come through!

Posted by tvgeek401 on 11-22-04 at 08:07 PM
one can only hope...

So, I don't think I've officially introduced myself to you. I am the tvgeek. Nice to meet you...hope you stick around.

Posted by warp_core breach on 11-22-04 at 11:43 PM
thanks. nice to meet you too. I'm not going anywhere... this is too fun.

Posted by probably clueless on 11-22-04 at 02:33 AM
I'd be glad to hook up on a team with anyone that needs a partner. Thankfully, that slut Lena taken. Representing an immoral B!tch like that would go against everything I've ever believed in.

A Kittyloaf®Original

Posted by Coconut on 11-22-04 at 08:35 AM
DADDY!

Posted by probably clueless on 11-22-04 at 09:01 AM
Good to go shuga!

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Hooked up real fine now*

Posted by Coconut on 11-22-04 at 09:51 PM
We are gonna kick a$$ now. Wrap up that Stealth doughnut and let's get a move on!

coco .heart. clueless

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-23-04 at 06:44 AM
Oh sure, and leave that toxic underarm "deodorant" behind in Iceland... don't forget to tell him to tuck in his stealth underwear as well.

*yelling to Victoria* Let's rock'n'roll, tramp!

Jonathan