URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 683
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I like Trish (kinda sort of)"

Posted by realitybites on 04-12-04 at 10:31 AM
I rarely get personally attached to reality show contestants. The last one I followed was Melissa M. from "Joe Millionaire". It looks like Trish is going to be another one.

Her appeal is obvious, and just as obvious is the fact that the other women are going to grow to hate her. But for now she's all right and I hope she makes it far because she'll add a lot to the show.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: I like Trish (kinda sort of)"
Posted by Breezy on 04-12-04 at 12:31 PM
shhhhh don't tell anyone, but I liked Trish too.

I liked her sassy attitude.

Posted by missygirl3 on 04-12-04 at 01:29 PM
I think I like Trish too. I thought Julie was way more annoying than Trish. Is the word HOT the only word in her vocabulary?

Posted by RealityAddict on 04-12-04 at 04:27 PM
>I think I like Trish too.
>I thought Julie was way
>more annoying than Trish. Is
>the word HOT the only
>word in her vocabulary?

I agree with you on the Julie thing -- "Jesse is a HA-TEE!" -- well, Julie is A-NOY-ING!

ABC may have really done Trish an injustice by presenting her as the "evil" girl. If all those clips had not been combined and presented to us like they were then we might have at least given her a chance. I do think, however, that Trish will end up being the bad seed!!!

Posted by Tiggertramp on 04-12-04 at 04:52 PM
Well, I with you too. I like her. Everyone hates the confident ones, me, I like them.

Excellent siggy by JSlice
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

"Not disappointed"
Posted by realitybites on 04-15-04 at 04:42 AM
Having seen the second episode of Trish-O-Rama (formerly known as The Bachelor), I have to say that Trish lived up to expectations. She's VERY confident, to the point of being cocky, and a bit of a blabbermouth. She really should think before she speaks, but it's much better (for us, the audience) this way.

It's hard to say how much of the Trish hatred has to do with personal dislike and how much is simple jealousy. We know Jenny the Mole isn't jealous, and she doesn't seem to like her at all. It looks like she makes her point less subtly next week.

I can't believe Trish got away with her non-answer about having kids. I'm sure there was much more there that we didn't see, because Jesse's views on the matter seemed clear. He MUST be under her spell, or something.

P.S. I think the outtake during the closing credits says a lot about Trish's attitude toward the whole thing - she was chowing on Chinese food while the other ladies were exercising. She is The Natural; she doesn't need to put forth any effort to be beautiful because she already has her man's attention.

"In a different league"
Posted by realitybites on 04-22-04 at 07:03 AM
Is it false confidence that Trish is radiating? Is she exaggerating her experiences to make a point? Was she that thirsty? Or is she just really, really indiscreet? I'll never get close enough to know for sure, but she remains quite fun to watch.

"JESSSSSSEEEEE, she slept with a married mannnnnnnn! She could've wrecked his marrrrrriaggggeeee!" Oh, give me a break. It takes two to tango, and a marriage where a man seeks out someone else isn't exactly on solid ground anyway.

It seems that Trish has been around the block a time or two, or three, or thirty, while the rest of the women have barely reached the corner. Considering the relative youth of most of them, that's understandable. I'm not sure what Jesse wants in that department.

Trish seems to be in serious jeopardy next week. I look forward to seeing how it plays out.

"RE: In a different league"
Posted by Breezy on 04-22-04 at 08:25 AM
I'm not sure what Jesse wants in that department.
He kept her last night so what he wants in that department is some action. He even told or called Trish easy during their date.

Just say no to trolls.

"RE: In a different league"
Posted by Gerbees on 04-22-04 at 09:48 AM
I don't know if I'm a big fan of Trish...but for Jenny to put down Trish for all of the men she's been with, why doesn't she take a look at Jesse? After his comment of "I'm tired of waking up to a strange face in the morning" I would imagine that he's no angel either.

Gerbees

"two to tango"
Posted by boomerang on 04-22-04 at 09:46 AM
It takes two to tango, and a marriage where a man seeks out someone else isn't exactly on solid ground anyway.

That's quite a statement. Adultery is serious business to me, and it doesn't matter if the parties involved are having trouble or not. Trish showed everyone her character when she admitted to having sex with a married man- not to mention the unusually high number of partners she's been with. When she threw in the part about being with women also, I started to wonder if she's just b.s.ing everyone, or maybe even a plant to spice things up. Anybody with an ounce of brains would have to realize that those admissions would hurt their chances, so I don't know what to make of it.

"RE: two to tango"
Posted by RealityAddict on 04-22-04 at 10:38 AM
I'm with you boomer! I don't care about the circumstances...if you sleep with a married man then you are a homewrecker! I don't care if a man or woman is unhappy with their marriage, it doesn't give them an excuse to have an affair. Her open admission of that (with a sleezy grin on her face) let's me know that she doesn't value the marital commitment. People do make mistakes and can be forgiven, but she seems to think her behavior is normal and acceptable.

I also agree with you about the sleeping with women comments and that Trish may be lying to shock the other ladies in the house. She's slimey and obviously must not have any standards for herself!

Posted by Poncho on 04-22-04 at 10:45 AM
Amen Boomerang and RealityAddict! Trish seemed to think that having a high number of "partners" and sleeping with a married man was a good thing. She is either just making up alot of stories or just a plain old HO!

Poncho

Posted by realitybites on 04-22-04 at 12:38 PM
I think we agree more than we disagree. I agree that adultery is serious business, and that Trish is a woman of dubious character. I choose to place more blame on the person who was (1) bound by his vows, and (2) knew EXACTLY what he was getting into. But I see your side of it too, and I respect that.

"charity work"
Posted by missygirl3 on 04-22-04 at 03:41 PM
I was more bothered by Trish's comments charity work when Jesse and Mandy Jaye were discussing that and her comments about "the free for all" she had the day before she left to go tape the bachelor. That made her look so trashy.

"Anaylsis:"
Posted by Tiggertramp on 04-22-04 at 03:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-04 AT 03:56 PM (EST)

Alot of last night's episode made me go, WTF????

Why was Trish being so forthright with all of this trashy/shock value knowledge of herself? What did it serve? KNOWING it was going to be televised? Best case scenerio: she gets picked by Jesse and he ends up watching it, what will he think? Worse case scenerio: nothing lost doesn't get chosen and people just think she is a loose woman with poor morals/choices??

I did not understand the shock value of her statments and answers to the "I never" game. Further, I don't get the preview then of the date with Jesse where she states she's "pissed" because Jesse knows everything she has been saying because of Jenny. HELLO? You are being taped!! Everyone can hear what you are saying! Millions of people are watching you!

If she has nothing to hide and is comfortable with who she is with no regrets, this does NOT make any sense. She is now my top vote for stalker.

Jesse: Okay, he has slept with many women which is so NOT the same thing as having slept with a married person. There is a huge moral difference. I could care less how many people a person, male or female has slept with, or course it is the double standard of society. Who do you think the men sleep with? Each other?

I totally understand why he kept Trish. He still has 6 women left, and he needs to hear from her an explanation. And he is looking for a wife, a life partner. Someone who ultimately wants the same things he wants. Who you have slept with over time really doesn't matter (as long as you are healthy, disease free), but where you are going with your life, what your long term goals are, THAT is what is important. Having kids. It really doesn't sound like Trish is truly interested, except to hire a nanny. Work? Well, as long as her husband is successful and makes the cash so she can continue shopping she is a-okay.

Now, I am making huge generalizations I know. But he is looking for a big picture long haul thing, if he were looking for a whirl-wind week long romance, I'd say Trish looks great. For life partner, I'd go with Mandy Jaye or Suzie.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

"Keeping Trish"
Posted by boomerang on 04-22-04 at 04:11 PM
I totally understand why he kept Trish. He still has 6 women left, and he needs to hear from her an explanation.

My question is, why didn't he take her aside before the rose ceremony and confront her about the affair? Unless the editing was done out of sequence, he knew about her past behavior before making the cut for last night. Carrying her along for another episode makes it look like her adulterous behavior wasn't that important to him. Shouldn't he have booted her and given one of the other girls a chance to stay in the competition?

"RE: Keeping Trish"
Posted by Tiggertramp on 04-22-04 at 04:43 PM
He is intrigued by a few women, and frankly Trish does interest him. She has a lot of explaining to do, not just about an affair, that is only part of they story. Why is she one way with him, and completely different with the girls? And think that it would be acceptable? Like the kids thing for instance? Kids are a big deal for him. He doesn't want them immediately, but wants them just the same. She said she is interested, but at the house sounded as though she hated kids, or wanted someone else to raise them filthy things.

I really think Jesse is TRULY interested in Susie, Jessica and Mandy Jaye, the others are just people to get to know also. (not that they are not pretty or interesting) I could be wrong but that's how it looks. He loses nothing by keeping Trish, who else would he keep, Julie? Katie? He has really shown no interest in anyone else except the 6 women he chose.

Posted by escapedude on 04-22-04 at 04:53 PM
I think Trish is extremely insecure and exudes false confidence...I think she scares the other girls in part cause she is the "senior citizen" of the bunch..
Im not sure if it was fair for Jenni to bash her like that..I think that part was heavily edited..

Why did Jesse keep her around then..Im sure for ratings...This will keep us coming back...She will be gone next ..

Posted by Tiggertramp on 04-22-04 at 05:22 PM
<<Im not sure if it was fair for Jenni to bash her like that..I think that part was heavily edited..>>

How is this bashing? He asked her to put herself in the position of spy in order to report to him all the details. Jenny said she has to be careful to report fairly, and how the heck do you state the things that Trish has said and sound...."kind?" There is now wat to sugar coat this stuff! You can't! As a friend, Jenny was telling him things like HE wanted her to, and then she said something SHE needed to. i.e. If you stay with someone like this, I can't be your friend. This is called a boundary, we all make them. We all have our breaking points with friends, family and we need to say that even when it hurts.

I think Jenny has been an amazing friend, and I admire her and respect her greatly. I would be honored to have a friend like that. Jesse is dang lucky.

Posted by smiley on 04-23-04 at 08:07 AM
I complete agree with you Tiggertramp...your thoughts on Trish and Jesse's feelings for Trish are spot on.

I love the glow worm too *heehee*

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

Posted by HobbsofMI on 04-22-04 at 05:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-04 AT 05:02 PM (EST)

One word why he kept her – PRODUCERS! He has his sites on one or two of the other woman. The producers tell him to keep her so when Jenny comes back next week they get all her drama and get her great reaction (and the other woman as she goes down in flames) to Jenny S. telling Jesse everything. If he cut her now what would be the big surprise of Jenny S. revealing she was a mole.

It all about ratings and we are falling for it hook, line and sinker.

"Consistency"
Posted by realitybites on 04-23-04 at 06:27 AM
>She has a lot of explaining to do, not just about an affair,
>that is only part of they story. Why is she one way with him,
>and completely different with the girls? And think that it would
>be acceptable? Like the kids thing for instance? Kids are
>a big deal for him. He doesn't want them immediately, but wants
>them just the same. She said she is interested, but at the house
>sounded as though she hated kids, or wanted someone else to
>raise them filthy things.

On this matter, I don't think she's inconsistent - or at least I would say that she doesn't think she's inconsistent. I think she's open to having kids as long as:

* There's no more than two,
* They're kept neat ALL THE TIME,
* She has a nanny and/or maid, and
* She only has to deal with them when she wants to (i.e. rarely).

I think she's living in a dream world in this regard, but she doesn't, and I don't think Jesse does. And who am I to argue with them?

As far as the rest of it goes, I'm sure he'll get the true story in due time. But he has to be careful, because some questions are likely to make Trish suspcious enough to say, "Who told you that?" And Jesse would either have to sell out his mole (he won't), make up something, or blubber out a non-reply.

"RE: Consistency"
Posted by Tiggertramp on 04-23-04 at 11:39 AM
Next week Jenny comes clean and says she is the spy, Trish then knows that everything that she said in the house, Jesse knows, so it is ALL out in the open. Jesse doesn;t have to say how he knows, Trish confronts Jenny and Trish has some has some esplaining to do!!!

Posted by Femme on 04-23-04 at 04:44 AM
Bah, she isn't confident, she is immature.

I remember how 'grown up' it felt to have gained a little 'experience' when I was younger. I felt more womanly, more mature, and I wasn't shy about telling others that I had kissed a boy, or made out for the first time.

Most of us grow up, and Trish probably will, too. She has nothing in her life, apparently, and her sexual exploits are her only 'accomplishment.' Someday, more than likely, she will watch this back and be embarrassed. (At least, one can hope she will.)

Femme

"Shock me, shock me, shock me with your deviant behavior."

Posted by Karennz on 04-23-04 at 04:33 PM
Standing ovation to Femme!!! I agree with your comments.

I also question why Trish is even there? She said she had sex three days before moving into the Bachelorette house. To me, that says that she's not serious about finding a life partner, which is what "The Bachelor" is all about, in theory.

Why *is* she there? I'm clueless. But I suspect she's eating it up, knowing that she's the focus of so much talk and speculation.

Personally, I think she's trash.

Posted by escapedude on 04-24-04 at 08:30 PM
She is there cause people like us talk about her!

Posted by calamityc on 04-28-04 at 11:33 PM
Anyone think Trish is in the final two because of the overnight date? Hmmmm.

"The overnights"
Posted by realitybites on 04-29-04 at 06:11 AM
Yeah, the thought had occurred to me. But I can't imagine him taking Trish to meet the family - too many tense moments, or too many things unsaid, depending.

"On to Florida!"
Posted by realitybites on 04-29-04 at 06:08 AM
I didn't think she'd make it, but Trish's family is going to get a home visit. Curse you ABC for making me watch all of this silly series.

Anyone get an explanation for why Trish wore that tiara?

I actually thought she and Karen were starting to bond a little in the first half of the show. But, alas, the woman from Utah showed her true colors in the second half. "You picked three great women", indeed.

A sign that she does have SOME class is that she didn't participate in that silly keg tapping/chicken fighting/show-my-fabulous-body-off-one-more-time sorority night at the bachelorette pad. I kept thinking throughout this, "Where's Trish? Where's Trish?" Then they showed her, and she looked nervous? Forlorn?

She did get a chance to explain the affair to Jesse one-on-one, which I'm glad for. He seemed to accept it, though I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe he felt sorry for her. Or maybe he realizes she's still wide open for the pass.

It seems Trish's future is limited, but next week, it looks like Jesse runs into trouble in all his family visits.

"RE: On to Florida!"
Posted by pmspml5 on 04-29-04 at 08:31 AM
I still say that if my "best friend" told me all those things I would definately believe her over all those crapy excuses Trish came up with. Bravo to Karen but really if Trish is like that - and he offered me a rose - I would be like - no thanks if she is one of your choices I'm obviously not the girl for you!!!

"RE: On to Florida!"
Posted by oddglass2 on 04-29-04 at 08:40 AM
She did get a chance to explain the affair to Jesse one-on-one, which I'm glad for. He seemed to accept it, though I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe he felt sorry for her. Or maybe he realizes she's still wide open for the pass.

Maybe it's because he's had one too many one-night stands, and well, he's no angel himself.

I also kind of like Trish, although she doesn't appear to be the marrying kind, nor do I think she makes it past the family visit, but at least she's honest, and if I were in her position, my reaction would have been just the same. It's one thing to share dirty secrets with "girlfriends" but then to have them being repeated (and misunderstood) by a boyfriend, I would also be quite peeved, so I kind of felt sorry for her.

"dirty secrets"
Posted by boomerang on 04-29-04 at 08:54 AM
It's one thing to share dirty secrets with "girlfriends" but then to have them being repeated (and misunderstood) by a boyfriend, I would also be quite peeved, so I kind of felt sorry for her.

How can you possibly feel sorry for her because her secrets were shared? There obviously was a camera in the room, recording every word she said, so how could she not think that this information would get out? I think she was just showboating, trying to shock the younger, "less experienced" girls. She made those comments without a single hint of regret or remorse, so I have no sympathy for her whatsoever. You reap what you sow.

"RE: dirty secrets"
Posted by oddglass2 on 04-29-04 at 10:46 AM
I can feel sorry for her because Jesse has his own secrets (which he also admitted on camera) and they weren't thrown in his face and he wasn't asked to explain why he chose to do what he did.

I'm not defending her actions or her character (I don't respect her at all for dating a married man). But, if he gets to grill her on her secrets (which were misunderstood as was shown on last night's show), then she should be able to do as well (which may have happened, and we didn't see).

All I'm saying is tit for tat...everyone's got ghosts in their closet, and I find it hard to believe that all those girls are the "perfect women" they want themselves to be portrayed as. At least Trish is like, what you see is what you get. No BS - which backfired on her.

Posted by DebCapsFan on 04-29-04 at 07:26 PM
I think she's making up some of the stuff to shock the other women, to set her apart from the rest (it helps they are all interchangable and blond), and to have us talk about her. Cause everyone who watches reality tv knows by now it's the bitchy girl who gets all the attention.
Some of these "ladies" have done more than they were saying in the I never game. Their willingness to swap spit with Jesse after such a short time and their abilites to party lead me to suspect there may be a drunken skeleton or two in their closets.

Handcrafted by RolldDice. If you take Trish's age... and guess she started sleeping with guys at 16, that averages to 2.5 partners a year. That's not that many.

Posted by beardance58 on 04-30-04 at 01:36 PM
And what was the deal with Jesse telling Trish that he hardly ever kisses on the first date? I'd like to know his definition of a first date the way he is lip locking.

"Numbers game"
Posted by realitybites on 05-06-04 at 06:33 AM
Despite a (seemingly) normal family, the accumulated skepticism from the other women that surrounded Trish led to Jesse giving her the boot. This didn't seem to be much of a surprise to her and she seemed to take it well, at least until she got into the limo.

Based on what's going to happen next week, it's going to be very hard to like Trish the woman anymore. Trish the villainess still has appeal, and I'll describe her in the thread "I think I've seen this movie before..."

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."