URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 678
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"While you were out new host"

Posted by smiley on 09-08-03 at 12:35 PM
Evan Farmer

and I hate him! Bring back Teresa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(btw I already know Teresa left of her own free will but it would still be nice to see her back)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: While you were out new host"
Posted by Amily on 09-08-03 at 05:02 PM
What happened to Teresa? I didn't even realize she was gone until I turned it on to see that new guy!! I love this show but boy, they can't seem to keep the hosts! First that blond one and now Teresa. I only hope they don't lose Leslie and Andrew too!

Posted by sbeck on 09-08-03 at 05:47 PM
Maybe she had enough of Chayse Dacoda! I didn't know she was gone, either, until I tuned in. If they lose Leslie and Andrew, I may just not watch!

Posted by smiley on 09-08-03 at 07:32 PM
She posted a note on her website...basically the travelling was too much. She said she did something like 50 houses and that was 200 days of travelling. She loved her time on the show but she needed a break from moving around.....i also found out that While you were out have scrapped the outdoor projects so Peter Bonsey and Majita are no longer either. I don't think the producers know what they are doing....anyway if Andrew or Leslie left I think that would be the end of the show.

Posted by Majic Mitch on 09-09-03 at 10:06 AM
I was ready for a new host, I always liked the blonde better anyway, her personality was great. I don't really like Evan though. I like Peter Bonsey, his work is usually pretty nice. Mayita though, her designs are always kinda crappy, I really won't be missing her. Generally when she's the designer I just turn the channel.

I can't stand Chase, John Bruce and Stephen Saint-Onge are pretty cool. Can't wait to see the new designers.

Posted by sbeck on 09-09-03 at 05:55 PM
I don't like Mayita, either. Her designs always look so cartoonish and sloppy.

I don't like Chayse, but I usually like her designs. John Bruce is my favorite, followed closely by Stephen Saint-Onge.

Posted by Lisapooh on 09-09-03 at 02:06 PM
As long as my future husband Andrew Dan-Jumbo is still on, the show is aces with me. Although I'm a little worried about the new carpenter they are bringing on. I need my Dan-Jumbo time each week.

Evan's not so bad - just very different from Teresa. I'm giving him some time to fit in before I start bashing him.

Leslie kicks such serious ass and Chayse is an OK designer, but her rooms are way too ambitious for the format of this show - too many projects, too little time and money. And she needs to eat a couple dozen cheeseburgers.

Posted by mtopaz on 09-09-03 at 07:21 PM
Hmmm - future husband eh? Before you two hook up, I must fit in my fling with him! I really miss Teresa too - I liked her, she was funny and I just felt the show flowed a little better with her as the host. The new guy - I'm trying to give him a chance, but he's not working for me so far. The last one, with the football player who wanted to make over his brother's basement room - did that football player do any work? It seemed like he showed up for some clips, then showed up for the reveal. Of course, I was all aflutter because of the shirt Andrew was wearing - *swoon*.

I wish Teresa would come back and host one-third or one-half of the shows, but I guess if she's burnt out, that's it.

MJ

Posted by ginger on 09-15-03 at 06:21 PM
Teresa's finest hour came during the episode with the jerk husband who didn't like what they did to his deck and made no effort to hide it or try to be a good sport (he seemed actually angry and his wife looked like she was about to cry) - Teresa held out her hand and said, "Hi. I'm Page Davis."

>

Posted by Tilwee on 09-15-03 at 08:12 PM
I missed that comment. That was quick thinking !!!
I miss Teresa. But I'll give the new guy some time before I make up my mind. I love it when Chase is on. She pushes all of Jumbo's buttons !!
He is a cutie !! I'd like to push some of his buttons !! hee hee
I have to say that I am leary of any comments made from Teresa about why she left the show. Who knows what really happened, she probaly signed some agreement not to put any issues in the street. I am sure that the show doesn't want any bad comments made.
I do not miss the blond. She was so elementary with her delivery of lines.

Posted by Loree on 09-16-03 at 06:38 PM
Oh if Andrew left the show I would never watch.

Posted by smiley on 09-17-03 at 08:21 AM
me either

*can't imagine Friday night without Dan-Jumbo*

Posted by americanjuniors4ever on 09-23-03 at 01:13 PM
Evan used to be on an MTV show called "2gether." It was about a boy band. He was HOT on that show.

Posted by MickeyM on 09-23-03 at 03:38 PM
Any word on what Teresa will be doing next? Maybe she can have the same kind of success that the original host of Trading Spaces has had - yeah, like being the hostess for - was it Joe Millionaire?

I'm trying to be open minded with the new guy, but he's kind of a dork. As for Chase - I'm hoping that one of these days Leslie and Dan-Jumbo just lose it on her. Hey, they have all the tools, they could kick her ass. That would be television worth watching.

"RE: Alex Mc Cloud"
Posted by Tilwee on 09-24-03 at 11:32 PM
Has anyone seen Alex on The View quest hosting ?? She trying out for a pernament position on the show. She is good. She fits in, if you like the show. And she looks wonderful....

Posted by ginger on 09-29-03 at 01:26 PM
I actually think he's kind of cute, until he opens his mouth. Everyone Does Not Love Raymond's Voice.

>

"I'm Starting To Like Him Alot"
Posted by Devious Weasel on 10-29-03 at 02:29 PM
And Andrew and Leslie seem to be having more fun with him around than they did with Theresa

"RE: I'm Starting To Like Him Alot"
Posted by Bebo on 11-20-03 at 03:49 PM
He's grown on me too. Evan seems to be quite useful on the projects, without distracting me from Andrew.

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

Posted by AugustGirl on 11-01-03 at 03:12 PM
I have to say that I like him. I liked Teresa too, but since it was her own choice to leave, then it's not like Evan overthrew the champ and he starts off "hate-able" (or sumthin' like that ... Not so verbal today for some reason. maybe too much leftover Halloween candy? yeah, that's it... too much candy).

I also like the fact that Evan wears a tool belt. Nice tools, Evan.

"RE: Teresa"
Posted by Tilwee on 11-01-03 at 03:44 PM
I happened to catch Teresa on the view, trying out for host. Maybe that is way she left. Maybe is got an offer from the view for try-outs.
I also saw Alex McCloud from Trading Spaces about a month ago trying out for the same position.
What's up with The View ??
I like Evan. He's definitely cute, too.
I think they put a guy in that position so that he could help out more on the show? ya think?

Posted by AugustGirl on 11-01-03 at 04:24 PM
He certainly knows his way around a circular saw.

AugustGirl*

*needs evan and andrew dan-jumbo to come over and do some repairs. on the house. yeah, the house.

Posted by mcjesq on 11-20-03 at 11:50 AM
I was not a fan of the show until I started listening to Teresa--she is hilarious! She will be missed. I am jumping on the Andrew Dan-Jumbo banbwagon--ooh baby! Did somebody mention that cardboard cutout of a host, Alex McCloud? I didn't like her on Trading Spaces, and she superfluous on Joe Millionaire (then again, ANY host is superfluous on that show! What a great gig!)

"Evan sucks!"
Posted by coolflowerpowerman on 01-07-04 at 08:36 PM
I hate Evan Farmer... the show is not nearly as fun to watch as it was when Theresa is on. I don't really understand all of the Chayse-haters... she has the least crappy designs on the show, and she has quite a sense of humor.

"RE: Evan sucks!"
Posted by ginger on 01-08-04 at 05:26 PM
This is embarassing to admit, but if he didn't sound like a muppet (specifically, a Frank Oz-controlled muppet), I'd do him.

What can I say? I crush on the Monster House guy, too. Agree that Teresa was the better host, though.

"Disagree"
Posted by Devious Weasel on 01-12-04 at 02:38 PM
After not liking Evan when he first came on, I have grown to really like him more than Theresa. He can actually do work, and the rest of the cast seem a lot more relaxed around him than they ever did around Theresa.

"RE: Disagree"
Posted by ginger on 01-12-04 at 05:16 PM
But would you do him?

It's Monday and I'm Smarmlady.

Posted by Bebo on 01-13-04 at 08:23 AM
Duh, with Andrew or Jason around? No way.

I am the embodiement of snarky, sarcastic and smart. I am also the S7 Anti-Bootee co-champion!

Posted by Devious Weasel on 01-13-04 at 10:38 AM
What she said...

Posted by mtopaz on 01-13-04 at 06:00 PM
Although I still miss Theresa, I have to admit Evan has grown on me. And he's more a part of the show, since he can pitch in on a lot of different projects.

I liked Peter Boncee (sp?) and Medina - two designers who did outdoor makeovers. I wonder if they will ever be back to do another show?

Posted by bole on 01-14-04 at 02:44 PM
How could you resist He is so funny, nice and cute. When I first saw him on the show, he looked so familiar. I finally remembered that he was in the MTV made-for-tv boy band, "2gether". Does anyone know them? I like him better than the last host too. At least Evan can help with most of the projects.