URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 676
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"*ring*er"

Posted by Estee on 05-26-10 at 06:46 AM
*ring*er

*ring*er

*ring*er

*click*

Nicole? It's for you.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: *ring*er"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 05-26-10 at 10:11 AM
Interesting that even EW is speculating that the judges' scores were trying to overrule the popular vote:

"Many EW readers have already speculated that by scoring the winning couple an unprecedented seven points higher than the runners up, the judges might have deliberately overruled the viewer vote (which they barely acknowledged). I'm of the opinion that Nicole was technically the best dancer of the season and definitely deserved to win. I'm just surprised, because every other season has seemed like a pure popularity contest (with equalized finale-week scoring — 30s for everyone!) and this one seemed like Judges' Choice. Would Evan have won had their scores been more even? Maybe. But it didn't happen that way."

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20356896_20388458,00.html?xid=rss-tv-%27Dancing+With+the+Stars%27+recap%3A+Cat+power

Posted by vince3 on 05-26-10 at 10:22 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-10 AT 10:23 AM (EST)

You could also say that they almost guaranteed Nicole's victory the instant they used their ranking scores on the 3rd dance to send Erin back towards Evan's score level.........

Posted by LFJ on 05-26-10 at 10:46 AM
They should have called this Season "Dancing With Our Pre-Selected Darling, Nicole". Hello? I don't care if she doesn't have ballroom background. She is still a person who gets paid to D.A.N.C.E. on stage - i.e., a professional dancer. She absolutely is a ringer, and everyone knew who was going to win from the first dance. Why kid ourselves? Ooooh, goody. *clapping hands* "Dancing With Nicole and Derek" is on tonight. Let's see what amazing things they do. Everyone else can just got to hell.

I'm not sure anyone has to worry about Derek winning any more. They won't be able to get his gigantic head into the studio without decompression.

Posted by Loree on 05-28-10 at 02:17 AM
The judges cited in every interview that Nicole was the best dancer they have ever had on the show. She was already a 10 when the show started. How depressing to all the other stars. There are ringers and then there was Nicole. They matched the ringer with the Golden Boy. And then they let the judges score the final 3 twice after the fans could vote. There was no way anyone but Derek and Nicole were going to win this season. I hope the judges and show are happy they got their result. The rest of us are disappointed.