URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 674
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Tayloy Hicks Wows Stadium of Fire Crowd July 1"

Posted by SeniorCitizen on 07-02-06 at 02:28 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-02-06 AT 03:20 PM (EST)

30,000 people, essentially a sold out venue, gathered on July 1, 2006 for music, phone calls from families to troops, and fireworks. Lee Ann Womack ("I Hope You Dance") was the featured artist, but Taylor preceeded her and the response she got was tepid by comparison. The only real enthusiasm she summoned is when she commented on him.
Taylor surprised the audience by playing his harmonica from a stand on the sidelines during a segment of a patriotic medley played by a high school band. On stage, after a roaring welcome from the crowd, he sang (and danced) "Takin' It To the Streets". His footwork got a rousing response. He decked out in a guitar fitted with a harmonica holder for a piece he wrote himself. It was great to see him play the part of one man band, and he did all three instruments (including his voice) proud. He finished with the AI song "Do I Make You Proud", dedicated to the troops and to the audience. The entire evening's performance was chosen as the official Independance Day broadcast to the U. S. armed forces overseas. I liked seeing Hicks onstage. I was not disappointed, but I think Ms. Womack, who was looking a little dowdy and frazzled in a black tank top and cream pants, compared to Taylor in a gray blazer and jeans, seemed a bit put off by being upstaged by what could only be considered her 'opening act'.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Locking - duplicate"
Posted by Bebo on 07-03-06 at 09:32 AM
Since you copied this entire message into another thread, I'm locking this as a duplicate. Please do not post the same message in multiple forums - it is a violation of our community guidelines.