URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 673
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Taylor Hick - Ford Commercial"

Posted by KoalaChick on 06-23-06 at 11:40 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-23-06 AT 11:41 AM (EST)

Maybe Ford asked him not to spazz so much on their commercial, but his performance seems kind of bland. Not the good old Taylor stamp on it. And someone please, tell him the word is not prounounced "possibili-dees".

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Taylor Hick - Ford Commercial"
Posted by mistyrose52 on 06-29-06 at 10:51 AM
I'm sure he's just doing whatever it is that Ford and the producer/choreographer told him to do.

In any case, it's just TOO COOL to see him again!!! Yep, indeed!!

Posted by zazzy on 07-04-06 at 12:16 PM
Are you a Taylor fan or a Taylor hater/disliker? Just curious.

I have done tv advertising (client side) and know what goes into the prep and filming for an ad. I believe Ford wanted energy, and that is what is shown in the ads. I think what you are reacting to is the way the ad was edited--it is a lot of quick cuts to make it be very high energy. Maybe your critique is more for the ad editor/producer than for Taylor?

I like the ad--it is a little different from the usual blah- blah year end deals ads that don't have any snap or sizzle.

Posted by KoalaChick on 07-07-06 at 07:22 PM
I'm ambivalent about Taylor, which on these boards seems to be an oddity. Either they love him or hate him. I just don't think he shows much personality in the spot.

I work in the media, as well, previously in ad agencies, now in TV. We did a McDonald's spot with a popular sports personality and had to do a zillion takes because he was trying too hard, couldn't "act natural", just couldn't get his personality to show through, so I know it's not as easy as it looks.

He just doesn't look like he's having fun, maybe when you have to spazz on cue, it's different than just performing for fun.

Posted by zazzy on 07-11-06 at 10:03 PM
I saw the Entertainment Tonight segment that featured Taylor -behind-the-scenes when the ad was being filmed. They showed longer uncut segments of the filming of the ad. He had more fluidity than the ad shows--it is the way the ad is edited to make the seem more energetic and, for some, make Taylor seem "spazzy".

Posted by nailbone on 07-10-06 at 03:45 PM
And someone please, tell him the word is not prounounced "possibili-dees".

It is in Alabama.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-