URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 672
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"My Destiny Katherine McPhee"

Posted by kennyjh on 06-22-06 at 09:45 PM
Simon is right. I just listened to Katherine's "My Destiny" and it is awful. Of course, Simon was also right about "Somewhere over the Rainbow"- Katherine sings the song beautifully. I do not think she will be on the charts long.

Also, I read that she has suffered with bulimia and did not receive treatment until October of last year after the encouragement of her Mother, Father and 41 year old boyfriend.

From the beginning I thought something was wrong. Her Father's behavior during the show bothered me. Also, Katherine did not seem real.

I was concerned when it came out that her father was associated with Fox and Ryan Seacrest and then he hired a publicity agency to call in assisting to beat out Chris.

Chris should be where she is at.

Despite this I hope the best for her if she gets into the business and doesn’t stay on tome of this she will have a bleak future- bulimia is a sign of some serious psychological problems.

God help her

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: My Destiny Katherine McPhee"
Posted by loveHills0414 on 07-04-06 at 08:37 PM
that was quite nasty. im sure katherine feels strongly about her past disease. she cant help it. and katherine has pure talent that every other woman is jealous of her looks and talent. shes awesome

"WARNING"
Posted by Bebo on 07-05-06 at 11:08 AM
Please take a moment to read our community guidelines - there's a link at the top of the page. While we permit posters to make both positive and negative comments about reality shows and their contestants here, criticizing other posters for their comments is not permitted.

"RE: WARNING"
Posted by loveHills0414 on 07-06-06 at 08:59 PM
what the heck does that mean? a forum is a discussion. so im not aloud to have opinions???

"RE: WARNING"
Posted by Bebo on 07-06-06 at 09:10 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-06 AT 09:11 PM (EST)

You are allowed to express your opinions on the shows and their participants, but not to make personal criticism of other posters. If you have further questions about our guidelines, please ask a moderator privately.

Your statement that another poster's comments were nasty was over the line. Disagree with the poster's opinion, but don't get personal against the person with whom you disagree.

Posted by LavaGirrl on 07-06-06 at 11:01 PM
Hi kennyjh!!!...........I'm so glad that there is someone else out there that feels the same way I do about Kathrine......Whenever I watched her on stage, I sensed that there was something not quite right with her....I sensed her insecurities that obviously took over her persona. In my view, I could care less if she has bulimia...in regards of her useing that as an excuse for her bad behaviour...-such as the incidences of her trying to "cheat" her way through American Idol.....and probably through most of everything else in her life.......God help her......lmao!.....thanx-Lava

Posted by geekboy on 07-07-06 at 10:57 AM
This i gotta hear. How did Katherine try to 'cheat' her way through AI? Please do tell.

geekboy

Posted by Evan25 on 12-08-06 at 02:18 PM
that was harsh. i went to the boston conservatory with Kat, and just so everyone knows, who actually does NOT know her, she was one of the sweetest girls in a school filled with competative pop/broadway wannabees.

Posted by Evan25 on 12-08-06 at 02:54 PM
I actually had more to add... for people that watch AI and who are NOT performers themselves. I would love to see YOU get up every week and perform for MILLIONS of people only to get critiqued infront fo America. yes, as a performer you need to be able to do that BUT everyone up there should get credit for putting themselves out there. I usually find the hateful people that watch this show are people who would NEVER have the confidence and talent to do the same. ALSO, yes My Destiny was bad BUT people who dont understand singing and music cant seem to seperate talent from the material! just b/c someone does not sing a song well it does not mean they are not good. If you undestood music you would realize that My destiny, is poorly written for Kat's voice. it is way to low for her! and then jumps high, not her it is the SONG

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 12-08-06 at 02:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-06 AT 02:57 PM (EST)

Don't worry Evan, not everyone feels the way the original poster does. I liked Kat throughout the show last year. She was beautiful and very talented. I also could differentiate that last song as being just a horrible, horrible song and in no way Kat's fault. I'm sure there are a lot more people out there that think the same.

Christmas goodness created by Tribey!

etf: spelllllllllllling

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 12-11-06 at 12:04 PM
If the song wasn't suited to her vocal range, she didn't have to sing it, did she?

Posted by Evan25 on 12-11-06 at 02:03 PM
yeah unfortunatly the singers on AI HAVE to sing the original songs, they don't have a say. The good thing about last season was that they only had to sing 1 original song past season's they sing 2.

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 12-13-06 at 05:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-06 AT 05:17 PM (EST)

During the competition, contestants might not have any say over many of the songs they sing, but once it's over, especially if the contestant got voted out before the end, wouldn't they no longer have to sing songs they don't want to?

Posted by Fishercat on 12-13-06 at 08:32 PM
Not really if they're under contractual obligation to sing for the record company that has ties with the show...

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 12-11-06 at 12:08 PM
>Simon is right. I just
>listened to Katherine's "My Destiny"
>and it is awful.
>Of course, Simon was also
>right about "Somewhere over the
>Rainbow"- Katherine sings the song
>beautifully. I do not
>think she will be on
>the charts long.
>
>Also, I read that she has
>suffered with bulimia and did
>not receive treatment until October
>of last year after the
>encouragement of her Mother, Father
>and 41 year old boyfriend.
>
>
>From the beginning I thought something
>was wrong. Her Father's
>behavior during the show bothered
>me. Also, Katherine did
>not seem real.
>
>I was concerned when it came
>out that her father was
>associated with Fox and Ryan
>Seacrest and then he hired
>a publicity agency to call
>in assisting to beat out
>Chris.
>
>Chris should be where she is
>at.
>
>Despite this I hope the best
>for her if she gets
>into the business and doesn’t
>stay on tome of this
>she will have a bleak
>future- bulimia is a sign
>of some serious psychological problems.
>
>
>God help her

I'll McPheever's father's associations with Fox and Ryan Seacrest had a lot to do with her becomimg a finalist on the show. Doesn't seem very ethical to me.