URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 671
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Taylor Hicks...SEXY???"

Posted by KoalaChick on 06-16-06 at 01:14 AM
People Magazine is actually featuring Taylor Hicks as one of the Sexiest Bachelors?! Come ON! He's talented, and spastically entertaining, but he does not belong up there with Matthew McConaughey and Jake Gyllenhall. I can see why Ace made the list, but Taylor? Even in his photo in the magazine, where he's trying to look his sexiest, you can't take it seriously. What were they thinking?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Taylor Hicks...SEXY???"
Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 06-16-06 at 08:09 AM
Heh, I have to agree. Talented, yes. Sexy, no.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

Posted by milkybear2 on 11-03-06 at 06:29 PM
First off I don't think Taylor Hicks is either sexy or talented! He was too old in my opinion to be on the show. Oh I know the age was around 30 for the cut off, but he was toooooo much. He cannot sing and he was not in the least bit good looking.
In one or two years he will have been forgotten.

Posted by cantgetenough83 on 06-18-06 at 10:57 PM
thank you thank you i agree wtih you so much. there is nothing sexy about taylor at all to me. how did he make the cover? he looks goofy to me. and like you said he is in not in the league with matt or jake. no ace on the other hand is sexy. so i can see why he made it. but taylor NO WAY!!!!!!

Posted by xwraith27 on 06-19-06 at 04:42 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-19-06 AT 04:43 AM (EST)

I was just about to post the same thread. Anyway, from a straight guy's perspective, NO. I don't like his photo in the magazine either. His hair seems a LOT darker than usual (minus points for losing his silver-haired image) and, personally, I don't find all the hot women around him to be very realistic. As for sexy, I think Ace, Chris, Bucky, and Elliott have a lot more sex appeal.

And yes, I'm straight

Posted by CattyChat on 06-19-06 at 08:46 AM
While I don't find Taylor bad looking, he's not a singer who gets my temp rising (like JD Fortune), Taylor is more "cute & quirky" -- but everyone has different tastes and I'm sure there are many gals out there who might be hot for Taylor.

Anywhoo, 2 points --

1. The list is "Hottest" bachelors not "Sexiest." Taylor is "Hot" at the moment, coming off his win & popularity of AI.

2. Musicians seem to have a totally different realm of hot/sexy -- how else can you explain the likes of Ric Ocasek, Mick Jagger, Steve Tyler, Billy Joel, Harry Connick Jr., (to name a few). None of these guys are attractive in the conventional sense, much less "hot", yet all have been or are married to models and attract "hot" women.

So, in Taylor's defense why can't he be on a "hottest" bachelor list? I would rather wake up after a night drinking with Taylor laying next to me than Ric, Mick, Steve or Billy (Harry can go either way -- it's like the Seinfeld "good lighting/bad lighting" episode with Harry).

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Posted by drooler on 06-20-06 at 05:46 PM
I thought Ace was awful, creepy, eeeuuuww. Taylor: oh, hot, very hot, pssst.

Posted by mistyrose52 on 06-29-06 at 10:53 AM
From the 'over the hill' crowd:

Taylor is THE BOMB!!!

Interpretation: that man is SEXY!!!

Posted by zazzy on 07-04-06 at 12:10 PM
Are any of you Taylor fans?

Obviously People magazine editors disagree with you (did you read the editor's column just inside the magazine?) and with the way the magazine was selling out, I would say many others disagree with you as well.

Yes, Taylor is hot, and it is not just about his looks. It is his all over charisma. It's a soul thing .

Posted by Jen2 on 09-05-06 at 01:52 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-06 AT 05:26 PM (EST)

i really didnt think either taylor or ace was hot. but that guy anthony fedorov, yeah he's really hot. he should have been on it

Posted by Savahnna on 09-26-06 at 02:49 PM
Boy am I getting Idol fever already!!

Agree with Catty that he's not sexy in a JD way (noone is!!)..

But I think the way that he is comfortable in his own skin and his general "soulfullness"...do make him sexy in his own way.

A lot of ppl bashed his dancing...I didn't see him as "spazzing out".....I really think he feels the music....

I don't have a problem with him being called hot or sexy in any publication.

Posted by mistyrose52 on 11-20-06 at 11:44 AM
As a member of both the 'over the hill' gang, as well as the 'soul patrol', I definitely feel that Taylor is SEXY!! OH YEAH!

He has no expiration date stamped on him, as others, like say, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, and many of the R&R singers out there. Geez, I just saw Val Kilmer on TV today, and WOW-the dude is just plain U.G.L.Y. these days!

Where is Jenny Craig when you need her for the MEN???

Yep, give me Taylor any old day-I'll take him home, cuddle with him, listen to him croon, and the rest, as they say, is history.......