URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 671
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"America's Ballroom Challenge"

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 02-07-07 at 10:37 PM
(possible spoiler for the West Coast for the evening of this post)

I'm not much into dancing, but this PBS show has been quite enjoyable. I put it here because, unlike Dancing With the Stars, it's not really a reality show, given these folks are professionals. Here's the show's website.

The competition is in two parts: all the competitors dance on the floor at the same time, not knowing what style of dance nor what music is coming next. Then each couple does a specialty routine.

The major downside to this show: hosts Marilu Henner and Tony Meredith. They are so boring and wooden. They provide no insight that you couldn't record and use again the next week. I'd kick them out in a heartbeat and have PhoenixMons take over. (/suckup)

Now for the possible spoiler part:

We were disappointed that Emmanuel Pierre-Antoine and Joanna Zacharewicz didn't win the World Professional American Rhythm Championships tonight. We thought they had the best technique. And they were totally hot.

These were your winners:

Tony Dovolani and Elena "Are You Safe, Miss" Grinenko. They did do well, but (we thought) not as well as Emmanuel and Joanna. Apparently they'll compete in an overall champoinship at the conclusion of the show's run.

Anyone else watching?

Tribe strikes again!
You've been warned, so don't complain.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion