URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 6634
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ep 2, Vidcaps"

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-09-07 at 06:40 AM
First up, thanks to Survivor Fever, the Preview vidcaps:

One thing that I notice is that when Earl chops the snake, there is a homemade ladder right there, this was probably OLD footage from when they were altogether at the original campsite, thrown in for drama in episode 2?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Ep 2, Vidcaps"
Posted by michel on 02-09-07 at 10:57 AM
Good catch on the ladder FP. Instead of recycled footage, could that ladder be leading to the structure on Exile Island? We know there are plenty of snakes there. Earl would be a likely choice for exile if the winning team of a challenge chooses.

Posted by Brownroach on 02-09-07 at 11:15 AM
He's not wearing a buff, though, that I can see. If he were sent to EI wouldn't he likely still be wearing his buff from the challenge?

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Posted by emydi on 02-09-07 at 12:56 PM
plus he say sorry everybody...he's on Moto in week 1 imo

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-09-07 at 01:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-07 AT 01:38 PM (EST)

good thinking there, michel! here is a pic of the ladder at Exile Island:

It does appear to be a quite a different location against a rocky wall perhaps...and Jiffy said there will be an encounter with a snake in the second episode and indeed Earl would certainly be the best candidate for exile, imo....so it could be from EI! Thanks so much, michel...good eye!

Posted by emydi on 02-09-07 at 01:45 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-07 AT 01:47 PM (EST)

I'm not sure bc the vegetation etc is different and it looks like the ladder is leaning up against something in the vidcap

It's pretty bare around the base of the EI structure in your pic FP...

but maybe there is another ladder up to the highest point on EI...I just don't think the ladder shown in the vidcap with Earl killing snake is at the base of the structure.

I guess he could have been talking to the other snakes...when he said everybody...but if Ravu loses RC most likely MOTO will get to pick Exile and they will want to pick a strong guy and Earl is the biggest and he was the lead dog in the first IC...so Earl is a good poss as Exilee

Posted by Brownroach on 02-09-07 at 02:28 PM

I don't think that's the same location. Could they have set up ladders on other parts of EI to assist them in climbing? It seemed to rise up fairly steeply from the sea.

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-09-07 at 02:52 PM
I definately think it's not the same location, no doubt about that, but he could have moved that ladder, example to help him get that coconut...!

BUT, I just reviewed the preview after watching Survivor Live, and he actually says in the voiceover: Sorry there buddy, can't take that chance as he whacks the snake. I think this is indeed Earl on EI next episode. Great work there, michel!

Posted by Brownroach on 02-09-07 at 04:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-07 AT 04:28 PM (EST)

That's what I remember hearing in the preview too.

True, Earl is bright enough to use the ladder to get coconuts. Not sure most any of the others would think of it. Oh I guess Yau-Man would.

"Web Promo Vidcaps..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-10-07 at 08:11 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-10-07 AT 08:15 AM (EST)

Thank-you to Survivor Fever:

A few things to note: One challenge is seen, it appears they are in separate pontoon boats and must race to retrieve either crates, or something tied under the crates...they both seem to have alot of orange/green cording/cable...are they roping off a boundary of some sort?

The voiceover was interesting..."Which tribe will self-destruct, one key challenge could reverse their fortunes..."

Will a tribe self-destruct? Are the Ravu's on day 6 without fire or water? Is that smoke in the first pics with Yau-man and Rocky?

Is there only one key challenge this ep?

"RE: Web Promo Vidcaps..."
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 02-10-07 at 01:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-10-07 AT 01:52 PM (EST)

That sure does look like smoke in the pics with Yau-man and James. We also see other vidcaps of James (with buff-on-head) working on that fire. But VG at Survivor Phoenix tells us that it is Michelle who finally succeeds at getting fire in the Ravu camp.

Posted by vince3 on 02-11-07 at 02:26 AM
If that's true, she's two for two, because she's the one who got fire on Moto's beach to start with......

Posted by KLicK on 02-11-07 at 07:17 AM
Is it smoke?

I thought that it was some sort of water source! My eyes aren't always right, that's for sure. I see water flowing down (waterfall) more than smoke rising. *scratches head*

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 02-11-07 at 08:06 AM
Hey Klick--

I think you are right!! I think it is water -- not smoke!

Posted by michel on 02-11-07 at 10:57 AM

When you see the action shot you see that it is water but not a waterfall, which would mean fresh water. It is sea water splashing up after a wave hit the rocks.

"PIP vidcaps..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-11-07 at 05:24 PM
Thank-you Survivor Fever:

Posted by Wallflower66 on 02-12-07 at 08:22 AM
TDT is crediting you with info again, FloPo!
http://www.truedorktimes.com/survivor_fiji/spoilers/ep2/exile.htm

Posted by appledumplin on 02-17-07 at 11:02 PM
This may sound dumb but who is this in the shower?