URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 655
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is Dead"

Posted by hoazi on 05-25-06 at 02:23 AM
No, no... you're not the one for me...

Katharine, your 15 minutes are up.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is Dead"
Posted by aap on 05-25-06 at 03:46 AM
It is good to see that righteousness has finally prevailed and the better person won on the night. It has been three weeks too late, and one can only think what it would have been like if Elliott Yamin or Chris Daughtry had been there to give Taylor a run for his money. In the end though, America and the rest of the world, got it right this time. Congratulations Taylor Hicks.

Posted by DrKegel on 05-25-06 at 07:46 AM

Completely agree.

Thought Katharine had all the potential in the world in the beginning. Still do. But she does these HORRIBLE things with her voice when she tries to push it. She goes out of pitch like when she did that Christine Aguilera song. She was REALLY, REALLY bad. I kept thinking, "But I don't remember any other American Idol giving a bad performance ..." I thought that because none did. Yes, some song choices were worse than others, but all the Idols sang in tune and kept building toward the end of the season in that they got better and better and better.

I really would have preferred Elliot in the finals with Taylor. I thought he followed this pattern of gaining confidence and getting better. Chris would have been a fine choice also. I do feel he's limited, but his voice is strong and true and I don't remember a bad note coming out of his mouth.

The other thing is that Taylor is exciting. When he shot out on stage and sang I felt something. Katherine just hasn't found her groove or style. That's why she totally ruins her natural talent by trying to do too much with her voice. She's NOT the belter that Christine Aguilera or Whitney Houston or Mary J. Blige is. And Mary J. was absolutely PHENOMENAL LAST NIGHT!!!! Felt like voting for her!!!

Posted by tarmaq on 05-25-06 at 03:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-06 AT 04:34 PM (EST)

I think you've seen a different show and a different season than I have. Many of the finalists gave bad performances! Kat had a couple of mediocre ones, but she was pretty much in tune. And how many of the others would have been able to nail the key of that a cappella part of "Somewhere" without a cue note?

Mary J. Blige was hogging the stage and the whole song when she sang. It was SUPPOSED to be a duet with Elliott. Yet he's standing to the side, visibly wondering "what am I supposed to do here? She won't let me sing!"

Katherine needs to find her niche as a crooner. Mandisa has the chops to belt things out with the best of them. When Katherine finds that niche, she'll be unstoppable.

Posted by Former CBSer on 05-26-06 at 08:31 AM
Incredible. Some people just can't let it go. Kat has a
wonderful voice and she should have been in the F2. Mary J. Blige - Give me a break. She just sucked. I have no clue how you can call that talent. She is a has been. The only vote I would give her is to get her off the stage. Also, Prince - what a jerk. Give us some real stars not has beens.

Posted by Irishbear0987 on 05-25-06 at 09:13 PM
>No, no... you're not the one
>for me...
>
>Katharine, your 15 minutes are up.
>

Fvck You

"WARNING - Irishbear0987"
Posted by Bebo on 05-25-06 at 09:52 PM
Please take a moment to read our community guidelines. It is NOT acceptable to address another poster that way.

Posted by hoazi on 05-26-06 at 01:50 PM
>>No, no... you're not the one
>>for me...
>>
>>Katharine, your 15 minutes are up.
>>
>
>
>
>Fvck You

Wow, some people take television really seriously.

In any case, is it just me, or are AI contestants getting more obnoxious every year? When Chris was a poor sport after being booted, I thought he just might be the most despicable idol contestant EVAR.

Now Katharine has proven me wrong with her poor sportsmanship, lack of tact, and general sense of entitlement. Katherine and her mom seem to me like the type of people that will never be happy, no matter how rich or famous they become.

Luckily, Katharine's first single is has BOMB written all over it. I hope that's the last we hear of her!

Posted by petmama on 05-26-06 at 03:23 PM
I heard very little of her all season. My mute button got quite a workout.

Posted by tarmaq on 05-26-06 at 03:42 PM
<Now Katharine has proven me wrong with her poor sportsmanship, lack of tact, and general sense of entitlement. Katherine and her mom seem to me like the type of people that will never be happy, no matter how rich or famous they become.>

What on earth are you talking about? Can you give examples of the above please? Otherwise, it is just slander. Katherine appeared very gracious when Taylor won. Can't imagine why someone would say otherwise. And have you heard Kat say she was "entitled" to the win? On what FACTS do you judge that she and her mother "will never be happy"? That is so much speculative slander I cannot even imagine what brought it on.

"KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..."
Posted by singer on 05-28-06 at 08:30 PM
because of her natural talent, her wonderful technical preparation, and her good looks.

These observations are based on fact.

Any negative and speculative comments beyond that are not worth repeating or addressing.

--Singer

"RE: KATHERINE HAS A BRIGHT FUTURE..."
Posted by nailbone on 05-30-06 at 09:54 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-30-06 AT 09:54 AM (EST)

Amen!! Kat is a beautiful girl and a wonderful singer, and she'll go very far. Too many folks on AI *that know what they're talking about* have commented on how talented she is. I'll take their words over a buncha people who just like to slam famous people on an internet board. Wicked witch?!? Please!

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Posted by hoazi on 06-06-06 at 03:30 AM
I guess none of you McPhans have heard the infamous Kat interview yet. You'll see...

Posted by geekboy on 06-06-06 at 07:17 AM
Which interview are you talking about? I'd love to hear it.

geekboy

Posted by Glow on 06-06-06 at 11:24 AM
I'm certainly not a "McPhan". I don't think she should have made the top five let alone the top two. But. I'm anxiously awaiting the link to this "infamous" interview.

an arkie work of art
"I learned two words a long time ago that help out a lot: 'Screw it.' If something's bothering you, don't dwell on it. Just let it go. Worrying ain't gonna do nothing but make it worse." - Bucky Covington

Posted by nailbone on 06-06-06 at 12:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-06-06 AT 12:00 PM (EST)

I've read several interviews, and none lead me away from the idea that she's a sweet gal, and very gracious in coming in second to Taylor.

Sig by Slice

Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Posted by Devious Weasel on 06-06-06 at 12:19 PM
There was a radio interview where she was asked about Kellie, and she said, in essence, that while Kellie was her friend, a lot of the other contestants were wondering why Kellie was still around and whether or not they would have to come up with different public personas to win votes. Nothing really nasty, and rather refreshing in her honesty, and strange to see a whole lot of people who had bad things to say about Kellie suddenly taking offense for her just because Kat said something.

Posted by nailbone on 06-07-06 at 08:52 AM
yeah, I heard that. It was the Kidd Kraddick interview. and they commented on her honesty in saying that, and how mean-spirited it wasn't.

And if you read the MSNBC review (it's linked from MJ's blog) the reporter said Kellie was the first one to run hug her after the results were announced.

Sig by Slice

Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Posted by Glow on 06-07-06 at 12:55 PM
mmhmm. I bet she was.

Posted by KoalaChick on 06-07-06 at 06:55 PM
All I can say is, I can't wait to own a Kat McPhee CD. Her voice is beautiful, just like she is. I've heard Somewhere Over The Rainbow a zillion times in my life, and never before has it given me goosebumps. Kat did that twice. She's a treat for the eyes and the ears, and I'm happy for her.

Now Elliott needs to get a deal.